Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 370907 times)

PAWL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #2610 on: June 23, 2016, 08:09:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Every Golden State fans on here, I have something to say. Just be grateful your team isn't the Sixers
[close]
That's what I've been saying all year, the sixers losing streak is more impressive than GSW's winning streak. It's very difficult to be that bad in a cap league, but Philly keep doing it. Trust the process, trust the process... You can sign some players too and give the fans something to see....?? Philly is a huge market and they keep blowing it, die hard fans should just abandon the team... They aren't far off from beating Chicago in a playoff series

Wow kev way to act like you actually watch basketball. If you did you might know they're adding ben simmons tonight and embiid is going to play this season. Really everyone who isn't a Nets fan should be grateful.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2611 on: June 23, 2016, 09:11:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Every Golden State fans on here, I have something to say. Just be grateful your team isn't the Sixers
[close]
That's what I've been saying all year, the sixers losing streak is more impressive than GSW's winning streak. It's very difficult to be that bad in a cap league, but Philly keep doing it. Trust the process, trust the process... You can sign some players too and give the fans something to see....?? Philly is a huge market and they keep blowing it, die hard fans should just abandon the team... They aren't far off from beating Chicago in a playoff series
[close]

Wow kev way to act like you actually watch basketball. If you did you might know they're adding ben simmons tonight and embiid is going to play this season. Really everyone who isn't a Nets fan should be grateful.

Basketball is the only sport i enjoy but i didn't watch any sixers game last season because how horrible they are. I actually stopped caring about them when they got rid of the Rookie of the year Michael Carter Williams. They are idiots

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2612 on: June 23, 2016, 10:45:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Basketball is the only sport i enjoy but i didn't watch any sixers game last season because how horrible they are. I actually stopped caring about them when they got rid of the Rookie of the year Michael Carter Williams. They are idiots

well its gonna be a good year. also michael carter williams sucked and now sucks worse, and we have the lakers pick next year instead of that idiot.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2613 on: June 23, 2016, 08:26:11 PM »
That OKC-Orlando trade... holy shit. Robbery on OKC's part with that one.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2614 on: June 24, 2016, 07:59:24 AM »
That OKC-Orlando trade... holy shit. Robbery on OKC's part with that one.
for real. even just oladipo straight up wouldve been borderline robbery.
just watched this :

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2615 on: June 24, 2016, 11:39:52 AM »
Orlando gave Oladipo plenty of chances to prove himself, he failed... Why pay VO close to max for such little production? Good riddance, they get a monster shot blocker who can shoot, don't see how they got robbed whatsoever?

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #2616 on: June 24, 2016, 01:03:57 PM »
They already had an oladipo, his name is dion waiters.

Thon maker at 10 tho. Wow.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2617 on: June 24, 2016, 02:48:48 PM »
Ya that OKC/Orlando trade was confusing. I know Ibaka's production had been declining over the last couple years but I still think he was the best player in that trade. I heard there were some rumblings that he was going to leave in free agency anyway so they wanted to get something for him, but was that really the best deal they could find? Losing your best shot blocker/interior defender for some future scrubs and another Dion Waiters doesn't seem to help them very much.

Also, that Derrick Rose trade. For the Knicks fans, here's a comparison between Rose's and Calderon's numbers:

2015-16    MP      USG%   TS%     AST PER 100 POSS.   DRPM   ON/OFF NET
Rose           2097       27.0      47.9               19.3            -3.14     -5.1
Calderon   2024       12.6    57.1               34.6             -0.4            +1.6

Edit: NVM, I thought it was Ibaka for Oladipo + 2nd round picks, not Ibaka for Oladipo, Ilyasova and the rights to Sabonis. Not a terrible deal under the circumstances, but won't help OKC in the short term.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 03:25:05 PM by weedpop »

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2618 on: June 25, 2016, 07:19:08 AM »
Ya that OKC/Orlando trade was confusing. I know Ibaka's production had been declining over the last couple years but I still think he was the best player in that trade. I heard there were some rumblings that he was going to leave in free agency anyway so they wanted to get something for him, but was that really the best deal they could find? Losing your best shot blocker/interior defender for some future scrubs and another Dion Waiters doesn't seem to help them very much.

Also, that Derrick Rose trade. For the Knicks fans, here's a comparison between Rose's and Calderon's numbers:

2015-16    MP      USG%   TS%     AST PER 100 POSS.   DRPM   ON/OFF NET
Rose           2097       27.0      47.9               19.3            -3.14     -5.1
Calderon   2024       12.6    57.1               34.6             -0.4            +1.6

Edit: NVM, I thought it was Ibaka for Oladipo + 2nd round picks, not Ibaka for Oladipo, Ilyasova and the rights to Sabonis. Not a terrible deal under the circumstances, but won't help OKC in the short term.

Rose played 20 games with double vision. Not that there's much of a chance it pans out, but the stats are slightly skewed, and I'd still way rather have him starting than old man calderon

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #2619 on: June 26, 2016, 02:30:35 PM »
with the emergence of steven adams, and OKC's overall productivity with Durant at the 4 trading a declining player who is a free agent in a year for a promising rookie, bench depth, and a lockdown guy you can throw at curry/thompson is a freaking steal on OKC's part. It's also a proactive way to entice Durant to stay. Ibaka just doesn't fit anymore, he's being pulled from the basket in today's NBA, which is why his block average has fallen off a cliff, he simply can't play in a series against the warriors, and steven adams is just a better player. OKC is the best team in the league when Durant is playing the 4. period.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2620 on: June 26, 2016, 02:45:08 PM »
with the emergence of steven adams, and OKC's overall productivity with Durant at the 4 trading a declining player who is a free agent in a year for a promising rookie, bench depth, and a lockdown guy you can throw at curry/thompson is a freaking steal on OKC's part. It's also a proactive way to entice Durant to stay. Ibaka just doesn't fit anymore, he's being pulled from the basket in today's NBA, which is why his block average has fallen off a cliff, he simply can't play in a series against the warriors, and steven adams is just a better player. OKC is the best team in the league when Durant is playing the 4. period.

True. The lack of fit with Ibaka became pretty obvious this past season, and on the basis of his performance in this year's playoffs, Steven Adams is probably OKC's best interior defender at this point. It'll be interesting to see if they can sell Durant on playing extensive minutes at power forward though, especially in the regular season. Their "small" lineups with KD at the 4 looked ridiculously deadly in that series against Golden State, but I don't remember seeing him there too much during the year.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2621 on: June 26, 2016, 03:19:59 PM »
OKC did everything possible to keep Durant believing.. I was pretty sure he would leave to sign in Chicago, now he probably stays

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2622 on: June 27, 2016, 01:24:25 PM »
OKC did everything possible to keep Durant believing.. I was pretty sure he would leave to sign in Chicago, now he probably stays
chicago? what are you fucking... oh wait its tracer. carry on my idiot child.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #2623 on: June 27, 2016, 01:29:23 PM »
Kd leaving Okc confirmed. ^^

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #2624 on: June 28, 2016, 04:54:40 AM »

Never leave us Tracer.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #2625 on: July 04, 2016, 09:41:57 AM »

Thanks Tracer! Durant to Dubs, confirmed.
you never know about pre-cum 

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2626 on: July 04, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks Tracer! Durant to Dubs, confirmed.
Hell yeah!

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #2627 on: July 04, 2016, 10:34:12 AM »
Golden State bought the 2017 Championship, now that we know they won in Advance, we should discuss 2018 and where KD will go after he opt's out of this contract after the Season.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Tracer

« Reply #2628 on: July 04, 2016, 10:51:27 AM »
Rondo to the Bulls, oh my how his stock has plummeted... Even though he has no one to pass to they should be a decent team. No idea why KD put this pressure on himself (under the table Nike $) he's a known twig, and choke artist.

I hope OJ Mayo the best in China, that's where all the NBA fizzle outs tend to shine.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 890
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #2629 on: July 06, 2016, 08:27:49 PM »
Wade to the Bulls? Didn't see that coming.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #2630 on: July 06, 2016, 10:57:49 PM »
Wow rondo and wade on the same team. Sounds like a hilarious episode of family fued.

The heat can at least retire two bulls jerseys now since the one just seems awkward.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Tracer

« Reply #2631 on: July 08, 2016, 04:55:15 PM »
Duncan retired, fav player of all time  :'(

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2632 on: July 11, 2016, 02:45:59 PM »
Damn bummed to see Duncan retire what a great player and career.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2633 on: July 11, 2016, 11:14:47 PM »

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #2634 on: July 12, 2016, 03:14:13 AM »
Man, Timmy and Kobe bowing out. That leaves Dirk, KG and Vince. It'll be sad to see the curtains come down on that era.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2635 on: July 13, 2016, 06:47:20 AM »

There never was a Costco XXL shirt he didn't love.  :'(

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2636 on: September 23, 2016, 08:26:24 PM »
KG announced his retirement today. League wont be the same without him, Kobe and Duncan gone.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #2637 on: September 24, 2016, 07:37:08 PM »
KG announced his retirement today. League wont be the same without him, Kobe and Duncan gone.

Damn

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #2638 on: September 26, 2016, 12:23:57 PM »
KG retired.
Bosh isn't playing anymore due to his blood clots.
Pierce is in his last year.

Wondering how long Vince Carter and Dirk have left in the tank.
NBA is looking a little unfamiliar right now...

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #2639 on: September 26, 2016, 03:33:05 PM »
just what knicks need, a rape scandal....