Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 370880 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #3570 on: June 02, 2021, 11:43:20 AM »
he痴 day to day. i have a feeling it値l be better if there痴 a game 6... just a hunch

coldbrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #3571 on: June 02, 2021, 11:55:35 AM »
if I was the Sixers I'd have let that information sit until after the series. the Sixers can beat the wizards still but with an official knowing that embiid won't be back during this series makes their ability to gameplan much easier.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
« Reply #3572 on: June 02, 2021, 12:00:51 PM »
if I was the Sixers I'd have let that information sit until after the series. the Sixers can beat the wizards still but with an official knowing that embiid won't be back during this series makes their ability to gameplan much easier.

Aren't there rules about teams having to disclose that officially?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:40:33 PM by DaleSr »

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3573 on: June 02, 2021, 12:13:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Aren't there rules about teams having to disclose that unfriendly?

Not positive TBH but I would assume if you can claim "a player ineligible" without disclosing they have covid like what happened all year I would also assume you can hold injury information until at least after tonights game. By no means do I know the details on those rules though.

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3574 on: June 02, 2021, 12:49:09 PM »
Brutal fucking loss for the Lakers. I'm not gonna dance on their loss or anything like that, since i just felt my own crushing first two games in the clips series. But fuck, they look pretty bad. AD is probably out for the rest of the series. Schroder is pulling a disappearing job, LeBron can't carry them the same way, and the Suns just look way better

Also of course nuggets/blazers had another 2OT game with insane Dame antics. Mother fucking Dame time is a real thing

As a lifelong diehard Lakers fan, that shit sucked last night.  Down by 30 and I checked on the Nuggets game with like 5 min left and watched Dame light the world on fire.  Honestly that's the best basketball I've seen since the Jamal Murray VS Donovan Mitchell first round battle last year.  That shit was amazing and made me forget how bad the Lakers loss was.  I expected this from the Lakers all year.  Playing in the bubble the whole time into Oct then turning around 72 days later or whatever to start the next season was going to be impossible for any team to rebound from.  Miami got bounced and looked like a shell of themselves.  Lakers had so many injuries this year there was no way to get on the same page, so if we go out vs the Suns so be it.   

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3575 on: June 02, 2021, 01:24:17 PM »
Expand Quote
embiid is fine, doc trying to close the series without him (which i think we can do).
[close]

Just announced, small lateral meniscus tear. Not good

fuck my god damn life. even if we limp to the conference finals we're toast if embiid isn't flying around doing incredible shit
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3576 on: June 02, 2021, 01:32:39 PM »
Is it just me, or does this year feel completely wide open? The championship looks to be there for anyone to take it. I just really hope the jazz don't take it. That would be boring as fuck

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #3577 on: June 02, 2021, 01:47:04 PM »
It does. Due to the injury plague... quite a bummer

Gotta feel for AD and Embiid.... the basketball gods have not been too kind to offensive big men lately (Christian Wood and porzingus as well, although not in AD and Biid痴 tier).

Simmons is an elite defender, but man he has to get some form of offense outside of 6ft..

I think (and hope) Brooklyn/Milwaukee will be a barn burner   
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3578 on: June 02, 2021, 03:29:41 PM »
Brooklyn/Milwaukee is going to be awesome. Really good matchup. If anyone has the personnel to defend the big three it's Milwaukee. The injuries are a massive bummer but it happens every year. So many what ifs

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3579 on: June 02, 2021, 06:54:15 PM »
sixers close (like i said)

embiid in warm up shoot around (like i said)

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3580 on: June 02, 2021, 09:47:36 PM »
Fuck you Tim Hardaway jr. This thing is gonna go seven

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #3581 on: June 03, 2021, 06:27:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
embiid is fine, doc trying to close the series without him (which i think we can do).
[close]

Just announced, small lateral meniscus tear. Not good
[close]

fuck my god damn life. even if we limp to the conference finals we're toast if embiid isn't flying around doing incredible shit
If Embiid isn't flying around doing incredible Embiid shit you won't be in the conference finals. He is not going to deal well with guarding Trae off the pick and roll if he isn't 100%.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 890
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #3582 on: June 03, 2021, 10:01:04 PM »
Nugs looked damn fine the last few games, and I finally don稚 feel stressed out with a game 7. They may be able to come outta the West even without Murray. I still don稚 think it痴 their year but glad they pulled this off.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3583 on: June 03, 2021, 10:22:22 PM »
Congrats to the suns. I'm not gonna rub it in the Lakers faces since there's still a chance I'm going to eat a giant plate of humble pie. I'll celebrate if the clips can take this series in 7

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #3584 on: June 03, 2021, 10:31:27 PM »
Blazers eliminated. My Lakers just got eliminated. What a tough year full of injuries, covid and typical NBA drama. Lakers and Heat really ran out of gas and couldn't make it passed the 1st round. Price they had to pay with only 71 days off from last year's finals. Still, it is what it is.

Didn't like Booker dunking and talking trash when the game was already wrapped up, but whatever. Congrats to the Suns.

Good luck to everyone's teams who are still in it (except the Nets. Lol). I'll forever hate Houston for helping make that super-team tbh.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3585 on: June 05, 2021, 10:38:48 AM »
Game fucking seven. Was there any doubt it would go all seven?

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #3586 on: June 05, 2021, 08:19:41 PM »
Feel bad for Damian Lillard, he deserves the world. 
The Bucks are toast. Even with Harden out,  not even close. 
Smokecrack, definitely insane how fast last year's finals teams faded away. The Heat especially.
Game 7 tomorrow wow can't wait

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3587 on: June 06, 2021, 01:32:50 AM »
Smokecrack, definitely insane how fast last year's finals teams faded away. The Heat especially.

If Dame wants to join the Clippers i wouldn't be mad, but i can't see him leaving Portland and i wouldn't want him to

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3588 on: June 06, 2021, 03:39:26 PM »
WOOOOOOO BABY WE DID IT CLIPPERS FOREVER!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU KAWHI

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3589 on: June 07, 2021, 06:41:41 AM »
holy shit that Sixers hawks game yesterday was insane. can't believe the Sixers even were able to come back and put it in range like that but the hawks are going to be a problem because I don't think they'll lose at home.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #3590 on: June 07, 2021, 07:06:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If Dame wants to join the Clippers i wouldn't be mad, but i can't see him leaving Portland and i wouldn't want him to

I think it would take a kings haul to get him and perhaps convince him to leave Portland.. the pieces around him just aren稚 cutting it though. McCollums
 Contract will be a tough sell to take on IMO. Not immovable, but tough. Dantoni is rumored to be on their potential head coach list. Maybe that could spruce up their offense?

Seems like Luka痴 in the same situation..
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3591 on: June 07, 2021, 07:21:11 AM »
holy shit that Sixers hawks game yesterday was insane. can't believe the Sixers even were able to come back and put it in range like that but the hawks are going to be a problem because I don't think they'll lose at home.

i知 not too shook about this series, doc made the necessary adjustments and we shot like shit. i think we値l come out with more intensity next game and it値l be closer. i知 def not counting this hawks team out though, trae is becoming like reggie miller 2.0 the way he makes people irrationally angry with his hoopin

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3592 on: June 07, 2021, 09:12:09 AM »
Dear DaleSr,

Romans 8:18

Mine eyes have seen the coming of the glory of the lord

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3593 on: June 07, 2021, 09:13:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i知 not too shook about this series, doc made the necessary adjustments and we shot like shit. i think we値l come out with more intensity next game and it値l be closer. i知 def not counting this hawks team out though, trae is becoming like reggie miller 2.0 the way he makes people irrationally angry with his hoopin

It's the hair/brow/goatee combo. It drives people insane.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3594 on: June 07, 2021, 09:15:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If Atlanta wins Tuesday-at home, after stealing game one on the road (unreal that Philly let that happen)-the series is over.  76ers have one game to figure out how to stop Trae, and if it is by doubling up on him that leaves someone open on a team stacked with nasty deep shooters.  I'd be slightly shook.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3595 on: June 07, 2021, 10:36:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If Atlanta wins Tuesday-at home, after stealing game one on the road (unreal that Philly let that happen)-the series is over.  76ers have one game to figure out how to stop Trae, and if it is by doubling up on him that leaves someone open on a team stacked with nasty deep shooters.  I'd be slightly shook.

we lost by 4 after being down by 20 something. doc just gotta keep matisse on him and we値l be fine.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3596 on: June 07, 2021, 10:46:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

we lost by 4 after being down by 20 something. doc just gotta keep matisse on him and we値l be fine.
I have nothing but respect (and fear) for the 76ers.  But it isn't totally clear whether or not Doc figured it out or if Atlanta just started choking (which happens with us). 

Atlanta 21-2 (13 straight) in last 23 at home.  They were missing multiple starters in those 2 losses. 

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3597 on: June 07, 2021, 10:48:19 AM »
idk if you can call it choking with the shooting percentage y誕ll had

jorge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3598 on: June 07, 2021, 10:56:14 AM »
That last quarter was pretty bad-i mean, it was probably a combination of Philly figuring some things out and the Hawks collapsing.  I think thats about as likely to happen again as Atlanta opening up a 20 point lead on the road in the first half (not likely). 

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3599 on: June 07, 2021, 11:18:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That last quarter was pretty bad-i mean, it was probably a combination of Philly figuring some things out and the Hawks collapsing.  I think thats about as likely to happen again as Atlanta opening up a 20 point lead on the road in the first half (not likely).

we put matisse on young for the last Q which might explain it