Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 368208 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1438
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #3960 on: November 08, 2021, 06:42:53 PM »
Clippers hanging twenty on the hornets in the fourth was a thing of beauty

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3961 on: November 08, 2021, 06:59:24 PM »
#1 in the east
#1 in offense
#1 in covid  :-\

just win baby

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3962 on: November 10, 2021, 07:39:46 PM »
Just finished watching that sloppy but fun rockets/pistons game. Now i get to watch this super testy heat Lakers game. First time I've watched a game this season

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3963 on: November 11, 2021, 04:23:00 AM »
Gaaah this team is such a mess…. It’s just been so long since I’ve had to suffer a rebuild. Free Christian Wood.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3964 on: November 11, 2021, 06:09:47 AM »
Gaaah this team is such a mess…. It’s just been so long since I’ve had to suffer a rebuild. Free Christian Wood.

Embrace it. The year we just had shai and a bunch of scraps we got from trading away our stars was a super fun year to watch

marty mcfly

« Reply #3965 on: November 12, 2021, 12:36:46 AM »
What you guys think of luka?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3966 on: November 12, 2021, 06:53:45 AM »

Fuck that bitch

He's a good basketball player but i hate him

thebacker

« Reply #3967 on: November 12, 2021, 06:55:07 AM »

great player but hella overrated

get him out of the mavs, that team is a JOKE

marty mcfly

« Reply #3968 on: November 12, 2021, 08:24:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ok the Mavs are a joke, I definitely give you that, but why you think he’s overrated?
Maybe it’s because I have like a european bound or something...but i think what he showed in his short time in the nba is impressive.

thebacker

« Reply #3969 on: November 12, 2021, 07:44:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Ok the Mavs are a joke, I definitely give you that, but why you think he’s overrated?
Maybe it’s because I have like a european bound or something...but i think what he showed in his short time in the nba is impressive.

it's impressive but people tout him as the next lebron and face of the league and i dont think hes that dude

Donatello

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3970 on: November 18, 2021, 02:03:57 AM »
Are the Warriors for real this year? Don't call it a comeback but they are 12-2 as I write this, Steph has been godly, they've locked in defensively and they don't even have Klay back yet. Outside of them in the west there's the Jazz, who haven't looked exactly as good as last year. Nuggets, who've been great and when they get Murray back will be elite, but that might be a while away. Same with the Clippers when they get Kawhi back. Warriors are looking like easy finalists at this point in the year, barring an injury to Steph or whatever.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #3971 on: November 18, 2021, 06:44:49 AM »
bucks beat bum ass lakers last night lets go

thebacker

« Reply #3972 on: November 18, 2021, 07:00:43 AM »
Are the Warriors for real this year? Don't call it a comeback but they are 12-2 as I write this, Steph has been godly, they've locked in defensively and they don't even have Klay back yet. Outside of them in the west there's the Jazz, who haven't looked exactly as good as last year. Nuggets, who've been great and when they get Murray back will be elite, but that might be a while away. Same with the Clippers when they get Kawhi back. Warriors are looking like easy finalists at this point in the year, barring an injury to Steph or whatever.

warriors are def a tier above everyone else, maybe bucks are on the same level with their 3 back

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3973 on: November 18, 2021, 07:08:35 AM »
I'm waiting until January to identify any real trends

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #3974 on: November 18, 2021, 07:44:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

warriors are def a tier above everyone else, maybe bucks are on the same level with their 3 back
we are not on the same level as the warriors lol

i feel like watching the bucks my whole life, we're a "fail up" team. maybe its because of the years of abuse i've endured but i never feel like we are doing good in a basketball game. never have felt dominant or anything. just kind of bumbly and sometimes lucky and most of the time just Giannis putting us on his back.

thebacker

« Reply #3975 on: November 18, 2021, 09:19:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
we are not on the same level as the warriors lol

i feel like watching the bucks my whole life, we're a "fail up" team. maybe its because of the years of abuse i've endured but i never feel like we are doing good in a basketball game. never have felt dominant or anything. just kind of bumbly and sometimes lucky and most of the time just Giannis putting us on his back.

yeah youre probably right, i threw them in since they did win the chip last season and are generally the same team. Losing tucker hurts yall defense tho

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3976 on: November 18, 2021, 10:21:34 AM »
I'm personally loving the Clippers just chugging along non chalantly while the Lakers look like absolute ass

thebacker

« Reply #3977 on: November 18, 2021, 11:06:31 AM »
I'm personally loving the Clippers just chugging along non chalantly while the Lakers look like absolute ass

i havent watched them play, is terrence mann balling?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3978 on: November 18, 2021, 11:12:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i havent watched them play, is terrence mann balling?

He's been great. A real multi tool out there. Although he missed the last game i think

thebacker

« Reply #3979 on: November 19, 2021, 08:52:03 AM »
Jesus christ that game from steph last night was something else

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3980 on: November 19, 2021, 09:08:00 AM »
are non sixers fans aware of how crazy tyrese maxey is playing yet or do i have to wait a few
more weeks

if i’m rich paul i’m gonna say simmo got polio or some shit because he’s running way out of leverage

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3981 on: November 19, 2021, 09:13:05 AM »
Did you sixer bros see that article that came out a week or so ago about how Morey has some insane list of stars that he'll only trade Simmons for and he's viewing this as a multi year crisis?? Shit is fucked

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3982 on: November 19, 2021, 09:35:29 AM »
i’m off ben simmons, i don’t care what he does or who wants him. whatever. our current PG is averaging like 25 in the last 3 games so i don’t care. he can sit in his stupid house in jersey and have depression about kendall jenner for the rest of the contract we aren’t paying him for all i care

it’s like lebron and everyone in his orbit is tarsh

thebacker

« Reply #3983 on: November 22, 2021, 11:39:21 AM »
Did you sixer bros see that article that came out a week or so ago about how Morey has some insane list of stars that he'll only trade Simmons for and he's viewing this as a multi year crisis?? Shit is fucked

it is fucked but simmons is the one causing ALL of this. You can argue Daryl is at fault for not trading him but why would you get pennies on the dollar for him and for people who can't push the needle for the team.

Sure doc and joel had a couple back handed comments after a tough tough series and loss but that doesnt give him the right to just not show up with 4 years left on his 140mil contract. Going back and watching it the comments weren't as bad as people made it out to be. Then he tries to pull out all the cards to get paid but not play which backfired every fucking time. And at this point with Maxey playing as good as he is, ben is only hurting himself by not playing and atleast trying to get his reputation somewhat back.

Daryl sees alot of stars that might not be on their teams by next year so why wouldnt he just keep waiting if we are doing okay (i know tons of losses but we've been ravaged by covid for weeks now). As for the list of 30, im sure every team has these sorts of lists.

this whole situation is a shit show and i cant wait for it to be over

thebacker

« Reply #3984 on: November 22, 2021, 11:39:40 AM »
also that lebron and stewart incident was very entertaining

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3985 on: November 22, 2021, 11:45:05 AM »
Stewart was breaking tackles like a mother fucker

There definitely will be more stars that come available (kangz gonna kang)

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3986 on: November 23, 2021, 11:05:35 AM »

man after that game last night i dont even want anyone on the kings.

what a toxic team. buddy would be alright but i imagine we could do better down the line.

Also, are the sixers actually better without tobias?
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3987 on: November 23, 2021, 11:38:17 AM »

Tfw you get rid of the maloofs only to end up with this cornball who wanted to run actual 4 on 5 cherry pick sets in the fucking nba

thebacker

« Reply #3988 on: November 23, 2021, 12:02:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

man after that game last night i dont even want anyone on the kings.

what a toxic team. buddy would be alright but i imagine we could do better down the line.

Also, are the sixers actually better without tobias?

it's tough because tobias will get us 20/10 just about every night in his sleep, but the offense gets stagnant really quickly if he isn't moving the ball like everyone else. His bread and butter is getting a mismatch in the post and just going to work which is fine when it's against a smaller player but he runs into issues when trying to do it against equally sized players

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3989 on: November 23, 2021, 12:08:34 PM »
I love Tobias so much but I'm also not mad that i have Paul George and not him