Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 370794 times)

swellbowed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #5010 on: July 03, 2023, 12:56:12 PM »

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
« Reply #5011 on: July 04, 2023, 02:41:20 PM »
Hahahaha Now Dillon brooks 4 years 80 mil… shoot me. Mfers playin 2k

Thanks for kj Martin, we've been needing athleticism badly

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #5012 on: July 04, 2023, 10:45:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No other big pieces of NBA news today?
[close]
Damian Lillard requested a trade from Portland
[close]

Sad, but true.   Hope he makes it to the Spurs and not Miami, though I know that’s not likely

Wherever he goes, I wish him well.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #5013 on: July 04, 2023, 11:39:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No other big pieces of NBA news today?
[close]
Damian Lillard requested a trade from Portland
[close]

Sad, but true.   Hope he makes it to the Spurs and not Miami, though I know that’s not likely
[close]

Wherever he goes, I wish him well.

Yeah, he deserves the best

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5014 on: July 05, 2023, 06:31:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Hahahaha Now Dillon brooks 4 years 80 mil… shoot me. Mfers playin 2k
[close]

Thanks for kj Martin, we've been needing athleticism badly

For basically peanuts too :'( he’ll get more chance to shine over there tho. Kid can jump out of the gym. Crazy athletic.   

And glad to see you back, duder.. 
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5015 on: July 07, 2023, 12:48:33 PM »
sixers sign montrezl harrell even though he can't defend, jump, or shoot a basketball. idc that its for the minimum, it is a complete waste of a roster spot that could be used for any random wing type player that can dunk a basketball.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -212
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5016 on: July 07, 2023, 12:54:43 PM »
sixers sign montrezl harrell even though he can't defend, jump, or shoot a basketball. idc that its for the minimum, it is a complete waste of a roster spot that could be used for any random wing type player that can dunk a basketball.

We got Mo Bamba. Montrezl will get DNP’s.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5017 on: July 07, 2023, 03:16:10 PM »
why is Dame being such a baby? saying he'll ONLY play for the Heat is pretty wack imo, especially after the Blazers overpaid Jerami Grant to try and keep Lillard. but, moving on from Dame now is the perfect time with Scoot coming in to take the reigns.

on another note, who's excited for Wemby's summer league debut? britney spears gonna be in attendance?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #5018 on: July 07, 2023, 05:02:05 PM »
why is Dame being such a baby? saying he'll ONLY play for the Heat is pretty wack imo, especially after the Blazers overpaid Jerami Grant to try and keep Lillard. but, moving on from Dame now is the perfect time with Scoot coming in to take the reigns.

on another note, who's excited for Wemby's summer league debut? britney spears gonna be in attendance?

Yeah, don’t know why he has such hair up his ass about playing there.   Not sure if that quite counts as ring chasing, but its still a bit unbecoming for someone who was the anti-modern star in all the best ways

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5019 on: July 08, 2023, 06:35:18 PM »
Don’t quite get the point of the NBA cup if it’s all the same teams that already compete with one another

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5020 on: July 08, 2023, 06:48:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, don’t know why he has such hair up his ass about playing there.   Not sure if that quite counts as ring chasing, but its still a bit unbecoming for someone who was the anti-modern star in all the best ways

Florida doesn’t have a state individual income tax, which is great for the contract he signed in Portland.

Miami’s also the closest to a chip.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5021 on: July 08, 2023, 07:42:54 PM »
I Don’t blame Portland one bit for wanting a maximum return. but i do think no-trade clauses in contracts will be the new norm for stars going forward…

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5022 on: July 08, 2023, 08:47:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Florida doesn’t have a state individual income tax, which is great for the contract he signed in Portland.

Right, but it just seems odd to all of a sudden decide to go ring chasing when your appeal has been being against that.   

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #5023 on: July 09, 2023, 01:52:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Right, but it just seems odd to all of a sudden decide to go ring chasing when your appeal has been being against that.

He's probably pissed that Portland basically decided for a rebuild around Scoot, so now, since he's not been rewarded for his loyalty, he thinks he might as well win a chip in his remaining active years.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5024 on: July 09, 2023, 04:23:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He's probably pissed that Portland basically decided for a rebuild around Scoot, so now, since he's not been rewarded for his loyalty, he thinks he might as well win a chip in his remaining active years.

He also fits Miami best, I believe.

No state income tax is big for someone like him though.

Benevenstanciano

« Reply #5025 on: July 09, 2023, 04:27:04 AM »

They got pat bev on a vet min too, id imagine it’s the daryl Morey connection with the old Rockets

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5026 on: July 09, 2023, 05:01:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They got pat bev on a vet min too, id imagine it’s the daryl Morey connection with the old Rockets

I’d say Pat Beverly and Mo Bamba are solid FA pickups. We’re still likely trading Harden to the Clippers.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #5027 on: July 25, 2023, 10:34:01 AM »
What happened to Bronny was scary shit, I hope he’s doing well.

As fucked up as it sounds I hope he just had an underlying condition that they didn’t know about. If not then the rest of the summer is going to be arguments about vax conspiracies or if he snorted a line of coke longer than the wait times at Splash Mountain.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5028 on: July 25, 2023, 03:21:38 PM »
What happened to Bronny was scary shit, I hope he’s doing well.

As fucked up as it sounds I hope he just had an underlying condition that they didn’t know about. If not then the rest of the summer is going to be arguments about vax conspiracies or if he snorted a line of coke longer than the wait times at Splash Mountain.

Yeah i hope they figure out his health fully. That's bigger than basketball.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’d say Pat Beverly and Mo Bamba are solid FA pickups. We’re still likely trading Harden to the Clippers.

I'm good on Harden personally. I just want mook off the team. He soaked up unearned minutes last season that should go to developing the younger guys

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #5029 on: August 12, 2023, 03:26:07 PM »
sixers aren't trading james harden, guess they're waiting for a return like they got for ben simmons (?)

doesn't seem like that's gonna happen tho, and they don't want whatever the clippers offered (yet)

pretty brutes – what do the philly heads make of this, and how long til embiid bounces

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5030 on: August 12, 2023, 04:22:49 PM »
Lol that price only getting lower from us. No one else is bidding for his services

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #5031 on: August 14, 2023, 07:26:12 AM »

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5032 on: August 14, 2023, 08:11:53 AM »
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5033 on: August 14, 2023, 08:39:53 AM »

lol who the hell is giving this man a contract next year?

I'm praying it isn't us every day. This man has loser stink all over him and that is the last fucking thing this cursed ass franchise needs

huggs

• Rep: -16

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5035 on: August 14, 2023, 09:01:49 AM »
Well that escalated quickly lol… thought they were best buds… what a mess.

This was just 3 years ago lmao
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1317887693267869700?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1317887693267869700%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 09:23:12 AM by BallDontLie »

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 554
« Reply #5036 on: August 14, 2023, 10:06:36 AM »
I love shitting on the sixers just a much as anyone, but even i'm starting to feel bad.

The fans normally they come into every season with delusions of grandeur, and i'm worried they won't be able to get it up this year, which will mean their inevitable implosion will be less satisfying than usual

cky enthusiast

« Reply #5037 on: August 14, 2023, 10:31:55 AM »
more like 76 ring fuckin circus

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5038 on: August 14, 2023, 10:48:31 AM »

Funny thing is both the Sixers and James Harden have consistently done what they’re known for doing.

This is the 3rd team James has forced his way out of. He’s the Markovich of the NBA.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5039 on: August 14, 2023, 10:52:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Funny thing is both the Sixers and James Harden have consistently done what they’re known for doing.

This is the 3rd team James has forced his way out of. He’s the Markovich of the NBA.

It’s just that whole Thunder team are some cursed ass malcontents.    I wish Durant’s title with the Warriors never happened bc it just ruins the narrative for all those guys