Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2432059 times)

VCR and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1143
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #15150 on: March 01, 2023, 08:52:17 AM »
I'm really surprised people skate 4s. I had some forever ago that I never wore and thought "Maybe I'll just skate them.", but then I put them on and stood on my board. They felt way too thick. And I'm not a thin vulc guy at all.

They are thick.
I mean sometimes my feet hurt so bad I’ll try and skate air forces (shout-out Gino in roomies 411).

If I really cared about my feet I’d lose 10-20 pounds and strength train/stretch.
Or I could just list after some shoes I shouldn’t spend money on, that are from a time in my childhood when I didn’t have the money for said shoe

KBizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15151 on: March 01, 2023, 09:18:01 AM »
I'm really surprised people skate 4s. I had some forever ago that I never wore and thought "Maybe I'll just skate them.", but then I put them on and stood on my board. They felt way too thick. And I'm not a thin vulc guy at all.

Agreed. AJ1 Lows or even Air Jordan 3's seem to be a way better fit.

one-off

• Rep: 109
« Reply #15152 on: March 01, 2023, 11:19:40 AM »
The funniest thing to me about people losing their shit over these Jordan's is the fact that this model looks TERRIBLE on feet when skating. It looks like Nike made a version of the Muska Skytop

the only good thing that could possibly come out of this release is a Wavey Dada part

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #15153 on: March 01, 2023, 11:29:42 AM »
what is unique about them aside from the SB label?

at least when Nike SB made other retro baskeball shoes (dunks, bruins, blazers) they upgraded them with zoom air insoles

That's basically it. I think they're doing something with the materials being a little more on the premium side more than the standard Jordan releases. Other than that, it's just the sharing of the SB brand on a Jordan shoe.

Not a big deal to a lot of us, but collectors are going to go fucking nuts over this because the Jordan brand doesn't typically allow for that sort of stuff very often.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #15154 on: March 01, 2023, 02:20:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Instead of giving Michael Jordan a signature skate shoe, how about releasing another pro shoe for one of their current riders? Or even re-release some old pro models?
[close]
because shoes skaters design look like shit

These look better than the Prods, Janoski, Omar, Koston, and the BA to you? Thats only Nike pro models. Should I go down the pantheon of great signature skate shoes not made by Nike? But hey, I guess write off the entire history of skate shoes because you love Nike Jordan SB.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15155 on: March 01, 2023, 06:45:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Instead of giving Michael Jordan a signature skate shoe, how about releasing another pro shoe for one of their current riders? Or even re-release some old pro models?
[close]
[close]

These look better than the Prods, Janoski, Omar, Koston, and the BA to you? Thats only Nike pro models. Should I go down the pantheon of great signature skate shoes not made by Nike? But hey, I guess write off the entire history of skate shoes because you love Nike Jordan SB.

I mean…yeah, they do look better than the Nike pro shoes. To me. Because I am in my mid 40s.

Trilogy

• Rep: -316
« Reply #15156 on: March 02, 2023, 01:12:46 AM »
Honestly I don't believe this Jordan 4 SB shoe is going to be good for skating, zero board feel and too much padding, but whatever...

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #15157 on: March 02, 2023, 12:02:24 PM »
The ua account on ig I buy dunks off of sometimes just posted the Jordan’s. So if you don’t wanna pay 225 for skate shoe there’s options. Dudes pricing is pretty solid. Typically 80-90.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #15158 on: March 02, 2023, 03:20:12 PM »
Expand Quote
The ua account on ig I buy dunks off of sometimes just posted the Jordan’s. So if you don’t wanna pay 225 for skate shoe there’s options. Dudes pricing is pretty solid. Typically 80-90.
[close]

Fakes? no thanks.
The whole “UA” thing is just a marketing tactic used by counterfeiters , they are still fake.
Yeah, the counterfeit thing is stupid for even a person that’s stacking clips to get on Nike. There are plenty of good deals on real product from skate shops.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #15159 on: March 03, 2023, 08:00:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I don’t really care at all about the SB 4’s (too expensive, just not for me), but yes, the Air Jordan 4 looks a lot better than all of those shoes.

Going to directly contradict this though, and say that the Leo shoe looks really good and I’m excited to get some better pictures/details.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #15160 on: March 03, 2023, 04:39:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

either that or they look straight up boring as fuck.

i'm all in favor for a planned skateshoe economy whose sole purpose would be to pump out perfect copies of dunks, blazers, half cabs, 440s, tiagos or og lynxs, and for all the bdsm skaters canvas authentics. these are all the shoes we need.  there is literally no need to produce any other shoes. just make more of these in more colors. it would be fine. everyone would find something they be happy with. ok maybe keep making those reeboks everyone loves as well, even tho the 440 is pretty similar i think.

actually fuck it, we wouldn't even need skateshoes or brands. most sneakers/casual models from any sports brand are basically skateshoes as long as the upper works. i'm serious, all skateshoebrands could stop existing, we'd just skate similar sneakers and they are probably mostly just as good.

and i'm too ocd'd out with most skater designed models, there is always something that's weird, like weird stitching or logo placement or some wavy panel or sole shit. sometimes it's cool, too, but often i think to myself why did you do that, the shoe was all good, now it stands out in a bad way.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15161 on: March 03, 2023, 05:55:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i'm all in favor for a planned skateshoe economy whose sole purpose would be to pump out perfect copies of dunks, blazers, half cabs, 440s, tiagos or og lynxs, and for all the bdsm skaters canvas authentics. these are all the shoes we need.  there is literally no need to produce any other shoes. just make more of these in more colors. it would be fine. everyone would find something they be happy with. ok maybe keep making those reeboks everyone loves as well, even tho the 440 is pretty similar i think.

actually fuck it, we wouldn't even need skateshoes or brands. most sneakers/casual models from any sports brand are basically skateshoes as long as the upper works. i'm serious, all skateshoebrands could stop existing, we'd just skate similar sneakers and they are probably mostly just as good.

and i'm too ocd'd out with most skater designed models, there is always something that's weird, like weird stitching or logo placement or some wavy panel or sole shit. sometimes it's cool, too, but often i think to myself why did you do that, the shoe was all good, now it stands out in a bad way.

Difficult for me to agree more.
I had high hope for LRAB with the lack of branding. Hoped it was going to become a trend. If lakai took their logo off of every shoe they have ever made (possible exception the first Newport telfords) then it would be an improvement.
Jordan 1 sole on anything would work for me, and I’d prefer it wasn’t a Nike, but yeah.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #15162 on: March 03, 2023, 06:25:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I had high hope for LRAB with the lack of branding. Hoped it was going to become a trend. If lakai took their logo off of every shoe they have ever made (possible exception the first Newport telfords) then it would be an improvement.
Jordan 1 sole on anything would work for me, and I’d prefer it wasn’t a Nike, but yeah.

How hard is it to do it yourself?   Pretty easy seam splitter process, no?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15163 on: March 03, 2023, 07:17:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I mean you are correct. And I should quit being a baby.
I think it was @tzhangdox whom posted some 1010s that looked significantly better.
But on the other hand I could just complain here. And I’m not great at putting on griptape, so I’m fairly confident my debadging could go sideways.

Damn it. Now I’m annoyed that I haven’t tried it. Puleo was deswooshing af-1s (I think).

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15164 on: March 03, 2023, 07:25:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think it was @tzhangdox whom posted some 1010s that looked significantly better.
But on the other hand I could just complain here. And I’m not great at putting on griptape, so I’m fairly confident my debadging could go sideways.

Damn it. Now I’m annoyed that I haven’t tried it. Puleo was deswooshing af-1s (I think).

Hah I hear you on griptape, I’m the same.   There’s de-swooshing how tos on YouTube that might alleviate some of the fear of fucking up the shoe

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #15165 on: March 03, 2023, 08:04:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hah I hear you on griptape, I’m the same.   There’s de-swooshing how tos on YouTube that might alleviate some of the fear of fucking up the shoe
Just to chirp in as a dickhead who used to have a whole kit for getting rid of all logos and shit off new shoes just beware sometimes hidden under the logo will be some weird seam or adhesive

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #15166 on: March 04, 2023, 07:37:40 AM »
Damn, I glue down the seems on my shoe logos. I hate a floppy “N” or when I lose that first stripe on my adidas

Grant Patronik

• Rep: 22
« Reply #15167 on: March 04, 2023, 07:53:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How long until Nike refreshes shoes like the early PRods or the Choad?
[close]

I could see any of these Pre-SB models doing well in today's market, and to be honest would probably rather wear them then 80% of the stuff Nike puts out now.

[close]

I’d be interested in the top two with a little design polish applied
[close]

The trog would be so sick today.

Lucky to own a few pairs of these pre SB models. They're both so sick in person. Unfortunately they're pretty stiff and I'm afraid they'll crumble with wear...

eSK3

« Reply #15168 on: March 05, 2023, 12:14:52 AM »
Just learned that Sandy Bodecker was part of the original development team of the Jordan 4. That might be a contributing factor on them using the AJ4. Never forget Steven Cales has a sick ad in the black and red colorway. Easy E skating 4’s. Jordans been in the hemisphere of non skate shoes people skate since forever.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2325
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15169 on: March 07, 2023, 09:30:02 AM »
Easy E skating 4’s. Jordans been in the hemisphere of non skate shoes people skate since forever.

As cool as Easy E skating in them is, I don't think we should be looking towards that to determine if they would be any good for skating or not.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #15170 on: March 07, 2023, 09:49:21 AM »
I skated some jordan IVs briefly like 10 years ago and that sole is fucking horrible for skating. Absolutely chunky and doesn't look like the SB model has any adjustment to make it better.  But I'm sure others will make them work.

The jordan III would have been a cooler choice and likely skate better too

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #15171 on: March 07, 2023, 10:06:45 AM »
I skated some jordan IVs briefly like 10 years ago and that sole is fucking horrible for skating. Absolutely chunky and doesn't look like the SB model has any adjustment to make it better.  But I'm sure others will make them work.

2009 Jordan Flipsyde

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #15172 on: March 07, 2023, 10:20:32 PM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15173 on: March 07, 2023, 10:38:37 PM »

I’ve been visualizing a AJ2 with a half cab cut (mid that slightly tapers down toward the heel) that wish I had the talents to conceptualize

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #15174 on: March 08, 2023, 06:54:16 AM »
Well at least there's confirmation that the Janoski rerelease is the OG version with cork insoles and not the shitty RM version.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15175 on: March 08, 2023, 07:37:58 AM »
Well at least there's confirmation that the Janoski rerelease is the OG version with cork insoles and not the shitty RM version.

That cw is not for me, and I was never a fan of how they looked, but the cork and the flick was the shit

thisiswhatulooklikern

• Rep: 11
« Reply #15176 on: March 08, 2023, 06:19:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #15177 on: March 09, 2023, 11:17:42 AM »
April skateboards x Nike Dunk low SB

Supreme X Nike Dunk low SB
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

fistful0dynamite

« Reply #15178 on: March 09, 2023, 11:50:10 AM »

Personally I think it would’ve been cool if they got rid of the air unit and used react foam that you can see through the outsole like the brsb. Feel like this shoe would skate more like a lynx then a dunk.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #15179 on: March 09, 2023, 12:03:56 PM »
those supreme dunks are the best dunk in years