Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 707136 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #3180 on: January 23, 2021, 09:00:46 AM »
Has anyone noticed the 97a stain really easy? Ive never had this before with any other f4

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

hiljentaa

• Rep: 306
« Reply #3181 on: January 23, 2021, 06:56:50 PM »
It looks like there is a new cheaper Radial Slim F4, kinda like those Lil Smokies Tablets.

They were $4 cheaper than CFs and Classics when they were in stock @ CCS.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3182 on: January 23, 2021, 08:20:00 PM »
Has anyone noticed the 97a stain really easy? Ive never had this before with any other f4

Any wheel will take in whatever colouring there is around, eg those Spitfire Skeleton Key half dyed wheels, but even rolling off into grass does stain the wheels somewhat I had noticed.

I like how you took off the swirl on the classics graphic too, either by skating hard or by choice - I have done that a lot.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3183 on: January 23, 2021, 11:49:43 PM »
It looks like there is a new cheaper Radial Slim F4, kinda like those Lil Smokies Tablets.

They were $4 cheaper than CFs and Classics when they were in stock @ CCS.

Feeling the plainer graphic more than the red / green.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #3184 on: January 24, 2021, 03:05:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Any wheel will take in whatever colouring there is around, eg those Spitfire Skeleton Key half dyed wheels, but even rolling off into grass does stain the wheels somewhat I had noticed.

I like how you took off the swirl on the classics graphic too, either by skating hard or by choice - I have done that a lot.

Cheers :)

I got that by skating an absolute dog shit ledge. That I've since  lacquered and waxed. The edge is so pointy. It made shit of my wheels. Grinded the hell out of thunders too.

Grinds smooth now
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #3185 on: January 27, 2021, 11:45:29 AM »
I need help. Headin to my Local shop tonight to get new wheels with some birthday money. I have the OG Classic and Conical Full put to the side. I have always gotten conical full 56 or 58, and I am contemplating trying the OG Classic f4s in either a 58 or 60. Anyone got experience with both? what are the notable differences, on board,  between the shapes
Proverbs 27:17

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #3186 on: January 27, 2021, 12:05:35 PM »
I need help. Headin to my Local shop tonight to get new wheels with some birthday money. I have the OG Classic and Conical Full put to the side. I have always gotten conical full 56 or 58, and I am contemplating trying the OG Classic f4s in either a 58 or 60. Anyone got experience with both? what are the notable differences, on board,  between the shapes
Conical Full all the way for me - they roll over coping better and slide better. However, if you primarily skate ledges and or rails, I'd get the og shape instead.

Surf The Earth

« Reply #3187 on: January 27, 2021, 02:21:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Conical Full all the way for me - they roll over coping better and slide better. However, if you primarily skate ledges and or rails, I'd get the og shape instead.

Thanks man. Mostly transition, and slappies for me, so I may just stay the course with the conical full

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #3188 on: January 27, 2021, 02:39:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Thanks man. Mostly transition, and slappies for me, so I may just stay the course with the conical full
Yeah, it's easy to get hyped on "NEW SHAPE!", until you realize that everything you skate is easier with what you already have. Either way, one can't regret having new f4s no matter what shape they are, we're just splitting hairs here.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3189 on: January 27, 2021, 05:05:46 PM »

It comes down to what is available too, given Conical Full have only been made up to 56mm since covid, but the OG Classics are in 58 and 60mm, with a very similar square edge, but a slightly slimmer shape overall, so if you wanted bigger wheels, at least those have you covered.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3190 on: January 27, 2021, 05:09:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Yeah, it's easy to get hyped on "NEW SHAPE!", until you realize that everything you skate is easier with what you already have. Either way, one can't regret having new f4s no matter what shape they are, we're just splitting hairs here.

It is funny how similar the wheel shapes have become - wider riding surface, squared off edge.

In the shop I had Radials, Conical, Conical Full, OG Classics and to compare to sets of well worn down bigger normal classics and there is only a mm or two difference in dimensions between all of them.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3191 on: January 28, 2021, 12:46:36 AM »
Just put in an order for my first F4s. Pretty excited to try something new after years of riding Bones SPF 84B. Thanks to all of you posting in this thread I felt I could make an informed decision for 99A, 54mm Tablets.

Hoping for a smoother ride on rough ground as I have started to skate more street again. I don’t mind losing some speed in the bowl. Bit worried about adjusting to a new feel when doing reverts but I cannot imagine it will be too difficult.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3192 on: January 28, 2021, 05:36:42 AM »
Just put in an order for my first F4s. Pretty excited to try something new after years of riding Bones SPF 84B. Thanks to all of you posting in this thread I felt I could make an informed decision for 99A, 54mm Tablets.

Hoping for a smoother ride on rough ground as I have started to skate more street again. I don’t mind losing some speed in the bowl. Bit worried about adjusting to a new feel when doing reverts but I cannot imagine it will be too difficult.

I was anti spitfire for a minute (flat spotted F4’s when they first came out) was on bones 84b just before switching to F4s again. So much better in every way. Your gonna be stoked

Surf The Earth

« Reply #3193 on: January 28, 2021, 05:53:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

It is funny how similar the wheel shapes have become - wider riding surface, squared off edge.

In the shop I had Radials, Conical, Conical Full, OG Classics and to compare to sets of well worn down bigger normal classics and there is only a mm or two difference in dimensions between all of them.

Thanks everybody. Went with the conical full, no reason to try and fix something that aint broken.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #3194 on: January 28, 2021, 06:20:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was anti spitfire for a minute (flat spotted F4’s when they first came out) was on bones 84b just before switching to F4s again. So much better in every way. Your gonna be stoked
for me, 99a isn’t smooth on rough ground bc it’s still a hard wheel and the shape didn’t seem to completely change that. 97a I am curious to try but have been liking 95a as a middle ground/do it all. Getting my knees back into it and it’s been a good mix for the winter too.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3195 on: January 28, 2021, 07:39:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
for me, 99a isn’t smooth on rough ground bc it’s still a hard wheel and the shape didn’t seem to completely change that. 97a I am curious to try but have been liking 95a as a middle ground/do it all. Getting my knees back into it and it’s been a good mix for the winter too.

Nomads? If so I’m very curious about how well they slide compared to a 99a spitfire. I’m so close to pulling the trigger but I’m afraid I’ll lose some of the length etc on nose slides etc.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3196 on: January 28, 2021, 07:46:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Nomads? If so I’m very curious about how well they slide compared to a 99a spitfire. I’m so close to pulling the trigger but I’m afraid I’ll lose some of the length etc on nose slides etc.
NFG 95a. Don’t have enough wear to tell you an accurate comparison on sliding specifically on slides

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3197 on: January 28, 2021, 09:15:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I was pleasantly surprised with the 95a Nomads. They felt pretty great on rough ground but were still nose slideable and even blunt slideable on the right surface. Pretty durable as well. I tried tearing them up as much as I could and never cracked, tore or flat spotted any of them. A very worthy compromise wheel. disclaimer, I did have them on a slick bottom so that probably helped with slides.

Currently on the 97a F4s. Faster on smooth ground and slide better than the Nomads but not as good at sucking up super rough ground. I like 'the feel' of the 97a F4s slightly more. Just feels closer to home for me. Both very worthy wheels. And both seem to be higher quality than most 95/ 97a wheels on the market until this point.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3198 on: January 28, 2021, 12:29:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

99a works for me pretty well. I was on 101a but switched today 99a as I started skating more street. I think anything softer would be too sticky for me as all I really skate are ledges.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3199 on: January 28, 2021, 05:23:21 PM »

Thanks everybody. Went with the conical full, no reason to try and fix something that aint broken.

Did you get 56mm size?

So many people have been wanting the 58s but will just ride the 56 anyway.

Surf The Earth

« Reply #3200 on: January 28, 2021, 08:56:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did you get 56mm size?

So many people have been wanting the 58s but will just ride the 56 anyway.

haha exactly. I want the 58s, but they didn't have em, so went 56

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #3201 on: February 02, 2021, 08:50:49 PM »
how are pals liking the og classics? do they feel lighter than their other wide wheel counterparts or is it all marketing?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3202 on: February 03, 2021, 06:39:36 AM »
Two guys I know have the bigger range 58 / 60 mm OG F4s and love them.

Don't know anyone on the smaller versions though, but they look good.

The squared off shape means more wheel to surface and easier grinds, as conical full tend to grip more on grinds with that sharper angular edge they have.

I think people are stoked on them.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3203 on: February 03, 2021, 07:35:59 AM »
not happy with the 101a radials slims i bought few months ago, they don't feel round and keep deteriorating, losing parts and i only ride in concrete skateparks, got the tablets 99a after,  they 're perfect, maybe i got some fake ones first

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3204 on: February 03, 2021, 08:02:26 AM »
not happy with the 101a radials slims i bought few months ago, they don't feel round and keep deteriorating, losing parts and i only ride in concrete skateparks, got the tablets 99a after,  they 're perfect, maybe i got some fake ones first

Where did you get them and do you have any pics?

The radial slim 101s green snake graphic are pretty widely copied.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3205 on: February 03, 2021, 08:08:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Took the words right out of my mouth. Fake ones have zero slide and are conical shape despite being listed as Radial Slim.

Been riding F4 almost exclusively after riding Bones and these wheel don't chip especially on the front wheels during crooked grinds.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3206 on: February 04, 2021, 02:17:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Took the words right out of my mouth. Fake ones have zero slide and are conical shape despite being listed as Radial Slim.

Been riding F4 almost exclusively after riding Bones and these wheel don't chip especially on the front wheels during crooked grinds.
They're the green snake ones 53mm, got them at the local shop, the shape seems correct, but the gum makes white spots before exploding, like hard plastic would do...maybe a bad covid era batch
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 02:36:35 AM by the snake »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1321
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3207 on: February 04, 2021, 01:47:12 PM »
Little birdie sez Conical Full 97s in 54, 56 & 58
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3208 on: February 04, 2021, 01:53:05 PM »
Little birdie sez Conical Full 97s in 54, 56 & 58
  8)  ooo nice

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #3209 on: February 04, 2021, 02:11:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I'm absolutely loving my 97's, they're so good on rougher surfaces and actually slide amazing with a nice bark. Total game changer, they've opened up a bunch of local spots that my 99's couldn't hack.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.