Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 708659 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2280 on: November 21, 2019, 04:42:01 AM »
I feel that I'm skating bones.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #2281 on: November 21, 2019, 07:18:42 AM »
Definitely not down with f4 101's unless it's park skating on a good day. Otherwise they make me feel like shit lol..
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2282 on: November 21, 2019, 08:27:34 AM »
Definitely not down with f4 101's unless it's park skating on a good day. Otherwise they make me feel like shit lol..
Thhey make me feel way less confident.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #2283 on: November 21, 2019, 08:56:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thhey make me feel way less confident.
I liked the slide and noise they made but were too much for anything other than new parks. If you can handle them in the raggedy ass streets more power to you. I need to keep my few remaining teeth, 99 all the way.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #2284 on: November 21, 2019, 09:14:50 AM »
Expand Quote

Sorry to roast your setup but those wheels what the fuck?! Gross black wheels
[close]

We all went through this phase in our lives

Still going through it.

They were like $15 during that crazy zumiez sale a few months ago. If it were an option I'd pick white, but I'm not going to say no to half price 54mm F4 conical fulls. At that price they could be hot pink and have pictures of saggy old ballsacks on them for all I care, they still skate like F4s and that's all that really matters.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2285 on: November 21, 2019, 10:03:09 AM »
Just picked up a set of the 99A classics. It’s been a while since I had that shape so kinda wanted to go back

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2286 on: November 21, 2019, 10:51:06 AM »
I've had the same set of 55 F4 classics for about a year. After trying a new set of 60mm classics and going back to the 55s, I've noticed they have no bark at all. They still slide wonderfully, but they're almost completely silent.

Normal or nah? I need to get a new set either way, but it occurred to me that this is for sure the longest I've ever skated a set of wheels.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #2287 on: November 21, 2019, 10:53:24 AM »
Just picked up a set of the 99A classics. It’s been a while since I had that shape so kinda wanted to go back

Bomb a mellow hill and do long powerslides, best wheels in the world for doing the best feeling thing you can on a skateboard.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2288 on: November 21, 2019, 11:00:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Still going through it.

They were like $15 during that crazy zumiez sale a few months ago. If it were an option I'd pick white, but I'm not going to say no to half price 54mm F4 conical fulls. At that price they could be hot pink and have pictures of saggy old ballsacks on them for all I care, they still skate like F4s and that's all that really matters.

I respect your reasoning around this, it’s valid, but saying all that matters is that they’re F4s is like the graphics don’t matter statement.

Look, true, but I gotta at least tell myself I look cool, because I sure as shit ain’t gonna hear it from anyone else
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #2289 on: November 21, 2019, 11:02:15 AM »

A while back I was trying wallrides and skating flat at Bellsouth in Atlanta with 101s and slipping all over the place so bad. They're definitely not optimal for the rougher stuff or any surface where traction could be compromised. A 52-54mm 99A in the classic shape is a perfect wheel in almost any setting though.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2290 on: November 21, 2019, 11:50:02 AM »
crazy question but do F4's "break in" or dare I say "soften" at all? I don't hit smooth parks and the streets are awful by me. Found 99 conicals too jarring. but im also not used to them

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2291 on: November 21, 2019, 11:55:26 AM »
crazy question but do F4's "break in" or dare I say "soften" at all? I don't hit smooth parks and the streets are awful by me. Found 99 conicals too jarring. but im also not used to them
Yeah, they might soften up if you soak them in water. I gave some to a friend a few years back who leaves his board outside in super humid air and his old 101s are much softer than my 99s. They won't soften on their own through use alone, though.

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2292 on: November 21, 2019, 12:17:00 PM »
hmm, i wonder what would happen if you threw 101s in boiling water like how some people boil harder bushings to make them softer.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2293 on: November 21, 2019, 12:47:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Still going through it.

[close]

I respect your reasoning around this, it’s valid, but saying all that matters is that they’re F4s is like the graphics don’t matter statement.

Look, true, but I gotta at least tell myself I look cool, because I sure as shit ain’t gonna hear it from anyone else

:D

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #2294 on: November 21, 2019, 05:06:05 PM »
haha those black wheels don't look THAT bad on that set up. I had some black darkstars my sister got my for my birthday and that set up ended up getting stolen so theres that... I do occasionally ride bright colored wheels.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2295 on: November 21, 2019, 05:54:14 PM »

How long have you been using them? They need a few sessions to 'break in' for sure.

colinquinn

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2296 on: November 21, 2019, 06:33:55 PM »
I wonder if anyone's taken sandpaper to their wheels to get that "broken in" feel faster? I hate the way fresh wheels feel.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2297 on: November 21, 2019, 07:03:52 PM »
A couple of hill bombs will do it.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2298 on: November 21, 2019, 07:32:49 PM »
A couple of hill bombs will do it.

Yup, I always do a few more than I normally would and everything is all good first sesh

baggy spandex

« Reply #2299 on: November 22, 2019, 08:00:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How long have you been using them? They need a few sessions to 'break in' for sure.

What I love about F4 99s is that they feel great out the gate, but honestly they only get better once broken in. If you're not used to the conicals yet, just keep skating them. Then you'll never be able to change.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2300 on: November 23, 2019, 07:38:43 AM »
Interesting to hear people bummed on 101 Conical fulls, I’ve loved them for the rough surfaces I skate.

They are my rock, my muse, the wind beneath my wings.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #2301 on: November 23, 2019, 09:47:45 AM »
Almost pulled the trigger on some 54mm F4 tablets  yesterday but they were 101 and that doesn’t work for me. I’ll just wait it out until the shop gets some F4 classics in 54mm 99a.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2302 on: November 23, 2019, 10:13:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What I love about F4 99s is that they feel great out the gate, but honestly they only get better once broken in. If you're not used to the conicals yet, just keep skating them. Then you'll never be able to change.
solid will have to do that. Some mellow hills to get some slides in.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2303 on: November 23, 2019, 02:55:05 PM »
Almost pulled the trigger on some 54mm F4 tablets  yesterday but they were 101 and that doesn’t work for me. I’ll just wait it out until the shop gets some F4 classics in 54mm 99a.
You're smarter than me, I wanted to try radial slims badly but they only had 101 at the time, I got them an son probably regretting it now.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2304 on: November 23, 2019, 05:17:02 PM »
54 classics in 99 are my jam👌

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

anon

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2305 on: November 23, 2019, 05:19:29 PM »
someone snaked me for some 54mm 99a radials and i had to get 55 tablets. contrary to what others have claimed, there are no problems with slappies

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #2306 on: November 23, 2019, 05:20:55 PM »
101a at smooth concrete parks

Any other terrain - 99a

larry sanders

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2307 on: November 24, 2019, 08:50:17 PM »
what shape for an old man skating bowls?

i don’t do flip tricks or skate rough terrain anymore, just like to pump around  medium size bowls, so wheels last forever, i loved my rainskates 57mm 98a, round cuts but they’re beat

colinquinn

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2308 on: November 24, 2019, 08:54:07 PM »

i don’t do flip tricks or skate rough terrain anymore, just like to pump around  medium size bowls, so wheels last forever, i loved my rainskates 57mm 98a, round cuts but they’re beat

I have some F4 conical fulls in 57mms, they're grosso's wheel, I bet those would be good.

larry sanders

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2309 on: November 24, 2019, 11:10:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have some F4 conical fulls in 57mms, they're grosso's wheel, I bet those would be good.

ya 56 conical full is what i was thinkin