Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689322 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2820 on: August 18, 2020, 10:13:43 AM »
The answer always is: F4 conical fulls 53mm 99
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #2821 on: August 18, 2020, 11:34:51 AM »
Looking like 54mm 99a conical fulls for slappies and hill bombing. Do they still power slide pretty easily being that big?

Yes, that’s not really even big. Don’t overthink shit and you’ll be fine. They are the best wheels for the job. Lately for hills I’ve been running 58mm 97a Slimeballs and they slide very easily, and they’re both wider and softer than C-Fulls.

Contrary to what people on here may say, any wheel can slide. Even 78a 60mm Super Juice can get icy.

Kaiser Ben

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2822 on: August 18, 2020, 06:21:50 PM »
I ended up going to the shop and getting 54mm 99a Conical Fulls today. I just hit some mild hills and some curbs after and man... people aren't lying when they say the F4's feel like the last wheels they will ever ride. Even on the mild hills I was getting some hair blowing in the wind speed. Gonna try to hit some parking garages soon. These are gonna be fun. For anyone worrying about them being big like I did, don't. They look so much bigger in pictures and comparisons (obviously), but as soon as I saw them and held them in person, they definitely aren't THAT big. Just go get 'em.
Don’t overthink shit and you’ll be fine.
Well said.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #2823 on: August 18, 2020, 06:43:22 PM »
so i finally set up the tablets and holy shit man, it's crazy. my new favorite wheel. like i normally have this issue with the board not going straight when i do tricks but its like these wheels are showing me my posture for skating was all fucked up due to my madness of having to skate tiny wheels. i was always fighting for balance and knew something felt off but i thought it was trucks or this cervical spinal shit i have.

i was skating bones v3s for the last 10 years but switched to these boardcakes bundts which rule but are not ideal for street skating. they are really good wheels though, i highly recommend boardycakes.

i notice the tablets slide better as well and it even has a better sound. i was so worried for months about my skating being affected but i never thought that it might be just what i needed. im finally starting to get where i wanna be. thank you spitfire, i knew i had a very good feeling about these wheels.
even the steven

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2824 on: August 18, 2020, 07:43:19 PM »
Tablets are great. I like the 55mm ones. Lock in so good on curbs and coping.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2825 on: August 19, 2020, 05:14:03 AM »
I remember at one point people posting about tablets/wheels with a hard edge making it harder to slappy and it kind of put me from trying them...which is a shame because I feel like they actually made slappies easier with the way they lock in.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2826 on: August 19, 2020, 11:40:02 AM »
Was on 99a F4s for the past six months or so; just put on a set of STF v3s and man am I having F4 withdrawals. STFs are good wheels too and I usually switch between F4s and STFs but there was just something about that last set of F4s that just felt way too good; the STFs just don’t feel right now by comparison.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #2827 on: August 19, 2020, 03:05:13 PM »
Was on 99a F4s for the past six months or so; just put on a set of STF v3s and man am I having F4 withdrawals. STFs are good wheels too and I usually switch between F4s and STFs but there was just something about that last set of F4s that just felt way too good; the STFs just don’t feel right now by comparison.

STF feels like plastic trash after riding some F4 imo

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2828 on: August 19, 2020, 05:16:07 PM »
I remember at one point people posting about tablets/wheels with a hard edge making it harder to slappy and it kind of put me from trying them...which is a shame because I feel like they actually made slappies easier with the way they lock in.
Nice to know. Tablets are the only F4 shape I've yet to try.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2829 on: August 19, 2020, 05:57:27 PM »
just measured my wheels out of boredom and my 54mm classic 99a set is down to 51-52mm with about 19mm riding surface which basically makes them the same as new 52mm radial shapes. so now i just pretend i have a new set of these instead of looking for new ones. f4s are virtually sold out everywhere anyways where i live.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2830 on: September 04, 2020, 09:48:52 AM »
New Spitfire catalog doesn't have the 97a F4s yet. Anyone in the know, have an idea when they might hit shops?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #2831 on: September 04, 2020, 10:49:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

STF feels like plastic trash after riding some F4 imo

103 STFs do (but I still find them faster in partks) but the 99a stf feel much better.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2832 on: September 04, 2020, 07:58:19 PM »

Anyone recognize these spits? The internet sucks for research lately especially without skately.

Looking like 54mm 99a conical fulls for slappies and hill bombing. Do they still power slide pretty easily being that big?

Yes but I think radial is better. I've had 4 f4 shapes. Radial Full was the best for everything except flat bar.

The conical is top dog on rails and pool coping.

I tried lock ins for a minute on a homie board. They remind me of old single cut wheels. 101 a would have been better maybe?

Radial and classics are the best shapes for ledges and curbs for sure.

The radials last longer than all other spits.

Maybe I'll use photo evidence later to provide scientific Data. I have a pile of old wheels.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

peterpenis

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2833 on: September 08, 2020, 12:57:20 PM »
just came back from my first ever session on formula four.  finally made the switch from my last mike anderson shape ridden down to 45 mm to 56 conical fulls in 99a. had so much fun, so fast and felt like I was gliding through the streets. I think I found my new go to wheel. Can't imagine skating something like radial slims though, even with these soft big wheels getting into slides is super easy. hard slims must feel like skating on ice.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #2834 on: September 08, 2020, 02:48:51 PM »
just came back from my first ever session on formula four.  finally made the switch from my last mike anderson shape ridden down to 45 mm to 56 conical fulls in 99a. had so much fun, so fast and felt like I was gliding through the streets. I think I found my new go to wheel. Can't imagine skating something like radial slims though, even with these soft big wheels getting into slides is super easy. hard slims must feel like skating on ice.

99a f4 is the God wheel. Nothing comes close.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2835 on: September 08, 2020, 06:23:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anybody had this happen? Put bearings in this set of radial slims and when I went today to set them up noticed one of the wheels had split entirely to the core....sent in a note to DLX so let's see.

[close]

Keep us updated. Hope they replaced. I've seen this happen with other wheels. Never with Spitfires though. This happened to a friend YEARS ago. Bam Element wheels, in like 2002/2003. Took him to the shop and were replaced without a hassle. I want to say he got the same ones again because it happened twice back to back. He ended up getting another brand the third time. Recently went back to Spitfires after having Ricta's for years and have had no issues with them.
[close]

I haven't seen any comments regarding these wheels being FAKE, but Spitfire DO NOT make Conical shapes with Radial Slim graphics, so I am guessing the person who bought these wheels was given the same info from DLX regarding the lack of authenticity of these so called Spitfire wheels.  Sad to say, but there are a lot more people selling fakes online, ebay or other places which you can often spot quite easily if you know, but if you are not aware, they can seem like the real thing very easily.  There are always small mistakes, eg shape to graphic, misprints on packaging, seemingly readily available when everywhere else is out...

Please buy from a reputable skate shop, as they should always have your back on products, quality and returns.

????????

He clearly stated they are radial slims

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2836 on: September 08, 2020, 07:32:29 PM »
Happy to be told otherwise, but the set pictured look far too wide to be Radial Slims.  I still have a set or two and they are much slimmer than the ones pictured, which look more like a conical shape, which is very common on Aliexpress with slight differences in wheel shape, graphic, etc.

There are a few lots of these making the rounds at the moment, along with fake Bones bearings, Indy trucks, etc.

If I am wrong, then no worries and happy to admit it too.

I guess the question is where the wheels were purchased. Is it just me or do the wheels look too white to be Spitfires?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2837 on: September 08, 2020, 08:20:48 PM »
Well these radial slims do look similar in shape and size to his.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #2838 on: September 08, 2020, 11:50:35 PM »
Happy to be told otherwise, but the set pictured look far too wide to be Radial Slims.  I still have a set or two and they are much slimmer than the ones pictured, which look more like a conical shape, which is very common on Aliexpress with slight differences in wheel shape, graphic, etc.

There are a few lots of these making the rounds at the moment, along with fake Bones bearings, Indy trucks, etc.

They just look wider because of the close up lens distortion. I've had the exact same Radial slims multiple times, one set also had a wheel crack in half exactly like that after less than 10 minutes. Emailed DLX and got a replacement set super quick. Probably had a few defects in a particular batch at some point.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2839 on: September 09, 2020, 01:14:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They just look wider because of the close up lens distortion. I've had the exact same Radial slims multiple times, one set also had a wheel crack in half exactly like that after less than 10 minutes. Emailed DLX and got a replacement set super quick. Probably had a few defects in a particular batch at some point.

Guess it's just me being paranoid about fake Spitfires. the fakes are usually the:
Lacey Baker Pro Model
Conical Fulls 52mm 101a
Radial 53mm 99a
Radial Slims 52mm 101a (green snake)
Neckface Rowan 53mm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000272944722.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.30f752ddZiosPH&algo_pvid=ae08b77a-08f1-4bcf-89dc-1a13bbcaf323&algo_expid=ae08b77a-08f1-4bcf-89dc-1a13bbcaf323-5&btsid=0bb0623615996391248975169e0cf1&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2840 on: September 09, 2020, 06:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anybody had this happen? Put bearings in this set of radial slims and when I went today to set them up noticed one of the wheels had split entirely to the core....sent in a note to DLX so let's see.

[close]

Keep us updated. Hope they replaced. I've seen this happen with other wheels. Never with Spitfires though. This happened to a friend YEARS ago. Bam Element wheels, in like 2002/2003. Took him to the shop and were replaced without a hassle. I want to say he got the same ones again because it happened twice back to back. He ended up getting another brand the third time. Recently went back to Spitfires after having Ricta's for years and have had no issues with them.
[close]

I haven't seen any comments regarding these wheels being FAKE, but Spitfire DO NOT make Conical shapes with Radial Slim graphics, so I am guessing the person who bought these wheels was given the same info from DLX regarding the lack of authenticity of these so called Spitfire wheels.  Sad to say, but there are a lot more people selling fakes online, ebay or other places which you can often spot quite easily if you know, but if you are not aware, they can seem like the real thing very easily.  There are always small mistakes, eg shape to graphic, misprints on packaging, seemingly readily available when everywhere else is out...

Please buy from a reputable skate shop, as they should always have your back on products, quality and returns.
[close]

????????

He clearly stated they are radial slims
I almost exclusively skate radial slims and those are red Radial slims  Deff not conicals

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2841 on: September 09, 2020, 07:15:47 AM »
They had some radial slims with bad bearing holes. I had a set that the bearings just wouldn't stay in, mine didn't split though, just bearings popped out. They sent me a replacement set. I'm guessing they are still pretty busy getting shops stocked right now, but be patient and I'm sure they'll take care of you.
No.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2842 on: September 09, 2020, 07:50:07 AM »
A pair of my conical fulls are a bitch to get bearings in to. Does this vary that much with F4?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2843 on: September 09, 2020, 10:43:51 AM »
Expand Quote
A pair of my conical fulls are a bitch to get bearings in to. Does this vary that much with F4?
[close]

Try a little bearing lubricant / oil, WD40 or something similar put on the inside wheel area and the bearings slide right in much more easily than when dry, especially if they are not new wheels with new bearings.
Or just spit on it
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2844 on: September 09, 2020, 11:31:31 AM »
he he i was skating at cornell and somebody left a set of 52mm f4 classics, only skated down to 48-50mm. I'm currently riding 53mm's ridden down to 40mms so this is a true blessing.

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2845 on: September 14, 2020, 09:04:52 AM »
I have an almost new set of 52mm F4 Classics that have maybe 20 hours of skating on them. Yesterday my board skirted out from me, rolled into some nearby grass, and my wheels grazed some dogshit. I went home and used about eight Clorox wipes disinfecting the wheels, trucks and deck. I think I did a thorough job cleaning what was really only a bit of doodie, but I can't shake the fact that my wheels touched fecal matter. I shouldn't really care because at any given time one's board is a germ infested nightmare, and my board is probably way cleaner now that I scrubbed it down than it was before the incident. Anyway, F4's are the best wheels, and this is just me publicly working through my issues. Peace.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2846 on: September 14, 2020, 09:33:23 AM »
Completely understand. This rule might help you: Animal waste OK. Human Waste means replace. Except trucks. Do whatever you can to clean and keep your trucks.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2847 on: September 14, 2020, 09:47:43 AM »
Completely understand. This rule might help you: Animal waste OK. Human Waste means replace. Except trucks. Do whatever you can to clean and keep your trucks.

Even Krepar trucks?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #2848 on: September 14, 2020, 10:50:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Even Krepar trucks?

Especially those.

MxsDx

• Rep: 90
« Reply #2849 on: September 14, 2020, 07:58:26 PM »