Author Topic: Gay skateboarders (bi,lesbian,trans)  (Read 17647 times)

SKATE DAD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Re: Gay skateboarders (bi,lesbian,trans)
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 10:52:20 AM »
Marisa Del Santo

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 11:43:57 AM »
bam tucks his wiener in his manhole 3/3

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2013, 11:55:27 AM »
I was at a Doug Brown assembly and he made prolonged eye contact with me while I was in the bleachers masturbating under my L.L. Bean jacket. 

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2013, 11:55:58 AM »
look closely in BA's footy in pretty sweet I believe after he does the boneless smith grind it cuts to a clip of carroll wearing a shirt that looks like it says GIRL but if you look closely or pause it, it says GAY.

I hear if you watch the video backwards, the audio track announces the sexual orientation of the whole team...

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2013, 12:14:25 PM »
Wow this thread is a goldmine of intellectual discussion.

The truth is, I don't want to know if someone is gay. As homophobia-free as we all think we are, there still would be an expected negative bias towards that pro. Whether we believe it ourselves or not, the expectation of other people will bleed into our minds and it'll be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It's almost like asking a skater what their political beliefs are. It doesn't have anything to do with why we watch them, yet it'll impact our perception of them (more often than not) in a negative way.

If you REALLY want to know if there are gay skateboarders, think of it as a numbers game. Anywhere from 5-10% of people are gay. There HAS to be a handfull of pros out there who are gay. I don't care who is gay, but to answer your question: Yes, there are some gay people in skateboarding.

Now lets talk about something else: I just got one of these and feel like I've been living under a rock. This thing cooks up the tastiest meals with no effort at all.
I

?Porqu? la pregunta?

What are some of your favorite things to make with this thing?
yo deje la mia con maarroni por mas de un mes y creo que esta podrido(hah)
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2013, 04:20:54 AM »
Mike Carroll without a doubt , not that theirs anything wrong  with it " haha

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2013, 05:44:54 AM »
I really didn't think that there was an argument against BA being gay.  As far as anyone else and simple percentage numbers being applied, such as "10 percent of all people are gay, therefore 10 percent of pro's are gay". it not really that applicable.  The reason this application would not work is simply because skateboarding has not been the most inclusive of sports, shit most people cannot skate longer than five years and the mere style of skateboarding/skaters does not seem attractive to most gay people, in my opinion.  If we were talking about Frisbee golf, well then maybe the percentage would apply!

Would a big name pro being gay matter? Hell yes it would!  I cannot imagine no fallout from something like that.   

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2013, 06:33:01 AM »

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2013, 06:51:43 AM »
I really didn't think that there was an argument against BA being gay.  As far as anyone else and simple percentage numbers being applied, such as "10 percent of all people are gay, therefore 10 percent of pro's are gay". it not really that applicable.  The reason this application would not work is simply because skateboarding has not been the most inclusive of sports, shit most people cannot skate longer than five years and the mere style of skateboarding/skaters does not seem attractive to most gay people, in my opinion.  If we were talking about Frisbee golf, well then maybe the percentage would apply!

Would a big name pro being gay matter? Hell yes it would!  I cannot imagine no fallout from something like that.   

Yeah its for tough guys only, just like wrestling.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2013, 07:04:38 AM »

Yeah its for tough guys only, just like wrestling.

Wow that was witty!  Are you British? Yeah skateboarding is a lot like rolling around on the ground with other guys in their underwear. ? So many similarities! ? 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 07:07:36 AM by mtvic »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3388
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2013, 09:14:50 AM »

This isn't incorrect at all...or rather: you're correct. Gay dudes don't skateboard. Or, correctly: not a lot of gay dudes skateboard. These boards have shown me that there are a bunch of us that not only skate but are not in the closet.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2013, 11:53:18 AM »
Expand Quote

The truth is, I don't want to know if someone is gay. As homophobia-free as we all think we are, there still would be an expected negative bias towards that pro. Whether we believe it ourselves or not, the expectation of other people will bleed into our minds and it'll be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It's almost like asking a skater what their political beliefs are. It doesn't have anything to do with why we watch them, yet it'll impact our perception of them (more often than not) in a negative way.

If you REALLY want to know if there are gay skateboarders, think of it as a numbers game. Anywhere from 5-10% of people are gay. There HAS to be a handfull of pros out there who are gay. I don't care who is gay, but to answer your question: Yes, there are some gay people in skateboarding.

Now lets talk about something else: I just got one of these and feel like I've been living under a rock. This thing cooks up the tastiest meals with no effort at all.
I

?Porqu? la pregunta?

[close]
yo deje la mia con maarroni por mas de un mes y creo que esta podrido(hah)

If that crock pot came with a recipe for the dish in it with all the oranges, I'd love to have it.

jrock92089

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2013, 12:32:41 PM »
rob brink

Sneakmin

• Rep: 0
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »
Felipe Ortiz...On the fact he looks like a bearded lady

GatorsGhost

• Rep: 116
    • Chilogy avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2013, 02:02:44 PM »
My friend told me Mark Rogowski trades handjobs for pruno.

NergTurtleson

• Rep: 6
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2013, 02:05:16 PM »

Yeah dude CrockPots are amazing. Wake up, throw a bunch of shit in there, come back 7 hours later and you have a great meal. I recommend getting a CrockPot recipe book, there are so many things you can make in one. Try making pulled pork/chicken.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3388
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 02:14:20 PM »

Although I don't necessarily disagree with your thoughts (particularly those regarding the crockpot), your post reeks of heterosexual privilege. You see, the thing is, I understand that you and others don't WANT to know that I'm gay. I get it. But I KNOW that you're straight. The ring on your finger (if you're married)...the photo on your desk at work...all of society is set up so that everyone is expected to be straight. That's why gay people have to come out...it's a function of society, NOT a function of gay people. If we don't come out, everybody assumes we're straight unless we're your lispy hair dresser or flower arranger. So while YOU might not want to know, and it might affect YOUR perception regarding some pro, there are tons of kids out there who hate themselves because they're faggots and to know that one of their heroes on a skateboard is like them and has succeeded at something rather than offed his or herself could be life changing. So they wouldn't be coming out for you...it's not about you at all actually. Plus, skateboarding always being so "counter culture" (LOL) it's always surprised me the way skaters snap right into line when it comes to homos. Your post illustrated that beautifully.

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2013, 03:38:37 PM »
Yeah, fuck 'don't ask, don't tell' in skateboarding.
I want to hear pros tell grimy tales of buggery alongside all the fingerbanging stories in 'Free Lunch' and the like.
Andy Roy's prison interview is one of the raddest out there. We need more!

Barry Dingle

• Rep: 46
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »
alex olson for sure. He gives off that gay vibe.

garrett hill - welcome to threat

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 07:54:52 PM »
Andy Roy goes out of his way to spread herpes. Fuck that guy, he's the devil.

And Gay, I don't want you to misunderstand me; I don't have a problem with a skater being gay, or knowing that he's gay. I meant that it has nothing to do with why they appeal to us.

I think the issue has to do with Western culture as whole vs a problem only within skateboarding.

Also, I think you're onto something with the contrarian/counter-culture aspect of it. It will eventually tip but realistically there are enough people out there who are still put off by homosexuality. I realise this is still stinking of heterosexual privilege but I'm trying to be a realist.

Dick Rogers

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 10:14:23 PM »
Same sex enthusiasts will save the world. Overpopulation is nothing to fuck with. And I'm pretty sure everyone is a bit gay.

Russel Crowe

• Rep: -11
  • Live and die with your stupid ideas
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2013, 01:11:14 AM »
none, all skateboarders fuck bitches, grab their crotches after switch heelflips and drink purple and shout NO HOMO if they accidentally touch another fellow skateboarder.

Fact.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2013, 06:34:38 AM »

And GAY just nailed it again - thank you very much for your perfect post.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2013, 07:04:41 AM »
Same sex enthusiasts will save the world. Overpopulation is nothing to fuck with. And I'm pretty sure everyone is a bit gay.

Bill Maher over here.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2013, 07:45:40 AM »
... and the mere style of skateboarding/skaters does not seem attractive to most gay people, in my opinion... 
skateboarding is one of the gayest things to do: we talk about clothes and shoes all the time, we get sweaty with a couple of guys, we love watching other guys who can move their body in a beautiful way and we hate when chicks are around. it's like a gay orgy.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2013, 08:56:47 AM »
Expand Quote
... and the mere style of skateboarding/skaters does not seem attractive to most gay people, in my opinion...? 
[close]
skateboarding is one of the gayest things to do: we talk about clothes and shoes all the time, we get sweaty with a couple of guys, we love watching other guys who can move their body in a beautiful way and we hate when chicks are around. it's like a gay orgy.

Hahaha!  I was wondering when someone would say something along these lines.  I mean this  forum/all skate forums are gay leaning to say the least, but  just like skateboarding does not attract many women it slacks in the gay department as well, I mean if skateboarding was only forums and fashion then I could see more of both groups but obviously there is more to skateboarding than that.  Want to prove me wrong?  Name the homosexual men in skateboarding, there really are not that many. I have always been made fun of by all of my friends for never knowing what gear the pros are rocking, guess I am trick obsessed and oblivious because I cant tell you anything that any of my favorite pros ever wear: on the other hand I can name almost any trick and the year they were done though!  So in a sense I was made fun of for not being gay enough!

On a personal note, really doesn't matter which way you swing in my book so long as you keep your bat to yourself!  In all honesty though, I still think if a big named pro came out as gay his career would be ruined. 

Dick Rogers

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2013, 09:15:12 AM »
Playing with them boys.

D. Bag

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2013, 12:18:39 AM »
Some cocks can't be unsucked!

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2013, 02:07:15 AM »
Yeah, fuck 'don't ask, don't tell' in skateboarding.

This.

Also: as much as homophobia in skateboarding still has a long way to go, as a whole this forum is waaaay more tolerant than years ago. Go re-read some "gay skater" or BA threads from 2006, 2007...eye-opening.

Fake Tits

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2013, 03:33:02 AM »
It's true. Everyone is a little gay.

Most skaters just don't ram it down your throat. 

I'd kinda be bummed if BA wasn't gay.