Author Topic: Gay skateboarders (bi,lesbian,trans)  (Read 17650 times)

bakingsoda

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
Re: Gay skateboarders (bi,lesbian,trans)
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2013, 06:00:45 AM »
What was the name of that gay am who came out in the 90's and birdhouse dropped him?

edit: Tim Von Werne

here's an article with him talking about it

http://www.huckmagazine.com/features/gay-skaters/
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:05:28 AM by bakingsoda »

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2013, 07:38:45 AM »
Are we all forgetting the greatest homosexual skater of all time?  The snuggle bandit?

janky858

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2013, 01:20:13 PM »
I am just as concerned about what you guys ate for breakfast.  I had bacon and eggs. 
this is awesome.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2013, 08:56:06 PM »
You'll never see any gnarly gay skaters, they're too afraid to get hurt. They're like women and can't take the voluntary pain that comes with skating big sets and rails.

Dick Rogers

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2013, 09:45:53 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=70034.msg1913429#msg1913429 date=1368676566
You'll never see any gnarly gay skaters, they're too afraid to get hurt. They're like women and can't take the voluntary pain that comes with skating big sets and rails.

hey now fella

Tybor

• Rep: -2
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2013, 10:02:44 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=70034.msg1913429#msg1913429 date=1368676566

Trace my dick

veebs

• Rep: -3
  • Hard 2 sit when you got someone's hand up your ass
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »
Heard a rumor that BA came out first to Tim O'Connor....

hahaha, thats pretty smart. tim o'connor doesn't hold back.

A MAN

• Rep: 68
    • SKATE TIT avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2013, 04:18:55 AM »
What was the name of that gay am who came out in the 90's and birdhouse dropped him?

Guys in case you've not read the article you're missing out on an incredible Steve Olson quote...

"Finally, outspoken as ever, Steve Olson chimes in with: "If I were gay I'd be like, 'Yo, I am flaming, hear me roar!' I would love to see some out-of-control homosexual skateboarder come out, like some outrageously over-the-top drag queen who's like, 'I'm skating for Judy!' And you're like, 'Give it, girl!' And he's like, 'That's right, bitches!' and goes and does like a triple set."

"Would that be the true spirit of skateboarding?" I ask.

"Totally."

Yo, I am flaming, hear me roar!

thedonglife

• Rep: 4
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2013, 09:10:44 PM »
I'm a big gay and can switch backside heel 12. Just thought you should know.

somefag

• Rep: 1
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2013, 07:28:46 AM »
When you're in the majority, you get to be an individual. When you're a minority, you have to represent everyone like you. When a woman is good at skating, we talk about how girls' skateboarding has come a long way.

I understand pro skaters' reluctance to come out and be that Gay Pro Skater Who Broke Down Barriers And Came Out In A Homophobic Sport. When you're a poster boy, you're scrutinized and have to be a Role Model for Gay Youth In Small Towns rather than just another shitbag pro skateboarder.

I'm gay. I skate. I work in the industry. My employers know. The skaters I work with know. It's not an issue. They're kinda stoked on it.

A couple years ago I got a facebook message from a skate photographer who worked for Skateboarder back in the late 70s and TWS in the 80s. He was basically run out of the industry for being gay.

Things have changed. The time is right for a gay pro skateboarder. Personally, I'd be psyched if Brian Anderson came out. If someone has to be the poster boy, it'd be cool to have someone who's widely cited as an example of good style.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2013, 09:24:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Guys in case you've not read the article you're missing out on an incredible Steve Olson quote...

"Finally, outspoken as ever, Steve Olson chimes in with: "If I were gay I'd be like, 'Yo, I am flaming, hear me roar!' I would love to see some out-of-control homosexual skateboarder come out, like some outrageously over-the-top drag queen who's like, 'I'm skating for Judy!' And you're like, 'Give it, girl!' And he's like, 'That's right, bitches!' and goes and does like a triple set."

"Would that be the true spirit of skateboarding?" I ask.

"Totally."

Funniest part, make me want to write it on my griptape or something but I don't wanna send the wrong message.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok