Author Topic: New Bobby Puleo Part (For Real)  (Read 31152 times)

Budo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
Re: New Bobby Puleo Part (For Real)
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »
I feel like if Bobby found out that there's a company making fake cellar doors he might perform some extreme act of violence.   

Shit, I joked about making fake cellar doors before but I take it back.  I don't want to be skating around one day and suddenly Puleo ollies out from around a corner and locks me in a dungeon under one of his many cellar doors.  No one would find me.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2013, 01:46:01 PM »
lol he has a point. But, then again, tricks aren't Bobby's "angle". But it is clearly yours. So much so that you fail to understand the essence of Bobby Puleo.

Bobby doesn't care about "tricks". He doesn't care what tricks are considered cool and he doesn't care what tricks are difficult. He is concerned with the art of the activity, hence his intense focus on style. He is into the urban environment (in and out of skateboarding) and greatly likes fluid smooth natural looking styles. He dislikes anything that becomes trendy. He is a true creative type. His artistic sensibilities pour over into every element of his life. He's not trying to be different. He has to be different. It's like an internal calling. This translates into continually hunting for new spots and skating them in the most graceful manner that he can. Bobby is more Gonz than P-Rod. Obviously those two are apples and oranges.

Additionally, you said "when you try that hard to be original, as a way of making up for a lack of talent, it loses any merit of being original."

If that were the case then Rodney Mullen wasn't original. Clearly, your statement is greatly flawed.

BTW I doubt you or your friends are working full time jobs and filming top quality video parts in your 40's. Being half his age and putting a sloppy clip on YouTube isn't even close to the same thing he is doing.
goddamn bobby is so deep. i wonder if he knows it

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2013, 01:54:51 PM »
Expand Quote
lol he has a point. But, then again, tricks aren't Bobby's "angle". But it is clearly yours. So much so that you fail to understand the essence of Bobby Puleo.

Bobby doesn't care about "tricks". He doesn't care what tricks are considered cool and he doesn't care what tricks are difficult. He is concerned with the art of the activity, hence his intense focus on style. He is into the urban environment (in and out of skateboarding) and greatly likes fluid smooth natural looking styles. He dislikes anything that becomes trendy. He is a true creative type. His artistic sensibilities pour over into every element of his life. He's not trying to be different. He has to be different. It's like an internal calling. This translates into continually hunting for new spots and skating them in the most graceful manner that he can. Bobby is more Gonz than P-Rod. Obviously those two are apples and oranges.

Additionally, you said "when you try that hard to be original, as a way of making up for a lack of talent, it loses any merit of being original."

If that were the case then Rodney Mullen wasn't original. Clearly, your statement is greatly flawed.

BTW I doubt you or your friends are working full time jobs and filming top quality video parts in your 40's. Being half his age and putting a sloppy clip on YouTube isn't even close to the same thing he is doing.
[close]
goddamn bobby is so deep. i wonder if he knows it

Well when you think about his rants as towel I'm pretty sure he's aware of it. But hey all great artists are crazy!

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2013, 03:32:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
one of the lamest dudes in skateboarding. well, he's hardly "in skateboarding" but he's still really, really lame, as a skater and person.
[close]

I can see your angle about him as a person, but I can't understand how you think originality in skateboarding is lame. I guess robotic contest jocks are more your stee.
[close]
when you try that hard to be original, as a way of making up for a lack of talent, it loses any merit of being original. but really, how is it at all original to skate a bunch of cellar doors? props to him for finding so many cutty spots, but the tricks he did on them were themselves not impressive. this would be cool if it were a "here's some spots our city has to offer" type video, but for a video part showcasing skating talent, no. i'm the type of dude who is heavily influenced by his perception of the skater's personality, so i'm biased. but at the same time i think austyn gillette is pretty lame as a person and he's one of my favorite skaters to watch, because he's actually good (amazing).

and yeah, cool that he works a day job and skates. so do i and every skater i personally know. that's another thing that's only worth noting if the skater is actually good. i'm not at all surprised that he manages to skate at this level while working a day job, especially when he used to be a pro skater.
[close]
You couldn't do anything in this part.
[close]

come on man, you're gonna argue that rodney mullen was making up for a lack of talent? really? and bobby puleo is lame, fuck his angle in skating. he--him specifically and personally, not necessarily people who skate like him--is just overcompensating for not being all that good at skateboarding. why else would he whine about pros skating the spots he finds? i can't believe you dudes are rallying behind him so hard. i've read interviews with the dude, he's a self-important ass, and like i said, personality plays a huge part in my enjoyment of someone's skating.

and i never claimed nor implied that i'm better than bobby puleo at skating, kinda like how i'm not implying i'm a better rapper than drake when i say i think he's lame. at the same time, you guys seem to have painted me as some nonskating dew tour spectator. i was just watching cosmic vomit 2 the other day; i can get behind weird spots and creative approaches to skating when the skating is still impressive. and even then, i'm not a hater--if puleo wasn't a lame person i wouldn't have posted in this thread at all, let alone hated on his skating itself. i don't think his skating is terrible, it just doesn't make up for his ego.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2013, 03:43:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
one of the lamest dudes in skateboarding. well, he's hardly "in skateboarding" but he's still really, really lame, as a skater and person.
[close]

I can see your angle about him as a person, but I can't understand how you think originality in skateboarding is lame. I guess robotic contest jocks are more your stee.
[close]
when you try that hard to be original, as a way of making up for a lack of talent, it loses any merit of being original. but really, how is it at all original to skate a bunch of cellar doors? props to him for finding so many cutty spots, but the tricks he did on them were themselves not impressive. this would be cool if it were a "here's some spots our city has to offer" type video, but for a video part showcasing skating talent, no. i'm the type of dude who is heavily influenced by his perception of the skater's personality, so i'm biased. but at the same time i think austyn gillette is pretty lame as a person and he's one of my favorite skaters to watch, because he's actually good (amazing).

and yeah, cool that he works a day job and skates. so do i and every skater i personally know. that's another thing that's only worth noting if the skater is actually good. i'm not at all surprised that he manages to skate at this level while working a day job, especially when he used to be a pro skater.
[close]
[close]

[close]
come on man, you're gonna argue that rodney mullen was making up for a lack of talent? really? and bobby puleo is lame, fuck his angle in skating. he--him specifically and personally, not necessarily people who skate like him--is just overcompensating for not being all that good at skateboarding. why else would he whine about pros skating the spots he finds? i can't believe you dudes are rallying behind him so hard. i've read interviews with the dude, he's a self-important ass, and like i said, personality plays a huge part in my enjoyment of someone's skating.

and i never claimed nor implied that i'm better than bobby puleo at skating, kinda like how i'm not implying i'm a better rapper than drake when i say i think he's lame. at the same time, you guys seem to have painted me as some nonskating dew tour spectator. i was just watching cosmic vomit 2 the other day; i can get behind weird spots and creative approaches to skating when the skating is still impressive. and even then, i'm not a hater--if puleo wasn't a lame person i wouldn't have posted in this thread at all, let alone hated on his skating itself. i don't think his skating is terrible, it just doesn't make up for his ego.

You're probably going to kook me, but I feel like you have a really weird perception of quality skating for posting so much on slap!

...this is the forum where we like Leo Valls!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2013, 04:26:28 PM »
Non-skating dew tour spectator is a perfect description of you! Thanks for finding the right words!
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2013, 09:18:39 PM »
Jersey dudes always seem to be a little troubled or difficult or contrarian. With the exception of Ishod who just an straight up no nonsense killer, they seem to flash bright then find the limelight and attention repellent.

But I can respect the grimeyness, and the attitude, and the scorn that they bring to the equation even if it does seem to get a little self important at times. It's an essential counterpoint to the energy drink and street league/Nike cultures which by their natures whore cor attention and dominate. And is proof that there will always remain spaces between the cogs in the machines that run everything and everyone else.

Also, nocturnal animals. For many reasons beyond the fact that its not as bloody hot.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2013, 10:21:58 PM »
Whoa, haven't seen a Gomez post for a while. Anyone think COTG is gonna chirp in too?

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2013, 10:51:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Just pointing out that your statement was flawed. I can understand you not liking Puleo because his personality sucks, but I think you take it too far by by not giving him credit on a skateboard. Hell, I think Jereme Rogers is the biggest moron in skating, but I still recognize his talent.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2013, 07:19:50 AM »
it's crazy how i say bobby puleo is
one of the lamest dudes in skateboarding.
and people ask me where my footage is. i don't follow the industry outside of skate videos anymore, but he's apparently still pro according to traffic's website. in other words, he's "in skateboarding." i am not, i skate when i'm not busy with/tired from school and work, so it's weird that this argument is even happening. this is for ronald wilson reagan, who said i 5050 down curbs on 3 stairs or something. i'm not that bad.

and the slap cliche is that you don't have to be better to criticize someone's skating. old slap pal gipper himself would swear on his life that james brockman is an awful skater, based purely on the fact that brockman's a racist. sure, you guys (ronald wilson reagan, kools, clamy, etc.) will argue that gipper couldn't talk because he can't switch fs 5-0 a circle handrail. and i agree with that. james brockman is not an awful skater, he's actually amazing. and i don't even think gipper skates. but my point is that i'm not alone in finding it impossible to appreciate a lame person's skateboarding.

like i've already said, bobby puleo is not a terrible skateboarder, he's just objectively mediocre for an industry skater. even accounting for his approach to skating, he's nothing special. this time tomorrow had dudes skating like this who were doing tricks that would be amazing anywhere... but i'm getting called a jock by someone who hated on kyle walker's part because he didn't do the best rail/gap tricks he'd ever seen. two sides of the same coin. (except kyle walker isn't a lame person; at the very least he doesn't believe everyone else is undeserving of skating the spots he skates.) you guys enjoyed this because you have the polar opposite opinion of bobby puleo, so you're happy to see any footage from him at all. and with that said, this argument can't possibly go anywhere.

and no, iceman, you didn't point out anything with that example. did rodney mullen not grow up skating in front of cows, teaching himself those tricks because he didn't know what skating looked like? maybe i'm wrong. but how was he not talented? how was he trying too hard to be original? pretty sure he started skating street specifically to fit in.

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2013, 07:39:49 AM »
^
Nollie shuvs on lock!!!

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2013, 10:41:49 AM »
It can't be that hard to understand the value of someone who flows like water through the grittiest most ratchety spots. And who stays underground when the order of the day is whore out.

Subtleties. If it was all about stunts a nigga like Forrest wouldn't have "not even am" status.

Russel Crowe

• Rep: -11
  • Live and die with your stupid ideas
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2013, 11:19:52 AM »
good stuff right here. anyone know what the song was?

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2013, 11:28:29 AM »
Gomez you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper. There's nothing you can argue to change mine and I'm guessing the majority of SLAP's opinions on Bobby, especially posting videos of yourself looking like an awkward teenager still trying to figure out how gravity works. In the time it took you to set up for a nollie inward heel on flat, Bobby Puleo could have popped at least 12 consecutive ollies going Mach 3 on ground you couldn't roll across switch. I watched that Kyle Walker part once and I will probably never watch it again. He is ridiculously "good" but in this day and age being "good" at skateboarding does absolutely nothing for me. To my recollection he skates some gaps, he skates some rails, he skated some ledges, and every single spot he skated was probably something that a photographer, filmer, team manager, or tour guide took him to while he was getting by on per diem financed by his sponsors on a mission to satisfy them and secure his place as someone who is an unarguably "good" wooden board athlete. He does tricks that everyone else does well. Maybe someday he'll even be one of the best, but until then he's just another hungry am set out to prove to the world he is "good."

Bobby drops a part out of nowhere with one sponsor that nobody has heard anything about in over a year. He is twice that kids age, has nothing to prove, has little to no financial backing in the world of skateboarding, yet still goes out and finds the most amazing skateable (to him) architecture in his home proximity. The only motivation he has is self driven from the love of the art of skateboarding. He does mostly basic tricks in settings that make those basic tricks hard as fuck yet amazing looking. The guy ollies onto something and practically just bounces off it with another ollie right after. He popularized urban street skating in his prime and continues to take it further simply for the love of the game.

As far as not liking his personality goes, that just makes me love the dude more. The guy is bitter as fuck and I can relate to that a lot more than some smiling idiot with nothing to say for the fact that they are not interesting or scared to speak the truth.

UgolinoTheSignificant

• Rep: 15
  • fuck your ottoman.
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2013, 11:42:36 AM »
Gomez you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper. There's nothing you can argue to change mine and I'm guessing the majority of SLAP's opinions on Bobby, especially posting videos of yourself looking like an awkward teenager still trying to figure out how gravity works. In the time it took you to set up for a nollie inward heel on flat, Bobby Puleo could have popped at least 12 consecutive ollies going Mach 3 on ground you couldn't roll across switch. I watched that Kyle Walker part once and I will probably never watch it again. He is ridiculously "good" but in this day and age being "good" at skateboarding does absolutely nothing for me. To my recollection he skates some gaps, he skates some rails, he skated some ledges, and every single spot he skated was probably something that a photographer, filmer, team manager, or tour guide took him to while he was getting by on per diem financed by his sponsors on a mission to satisfy them and secure his place as someone who is an unarguably "good" wooden board athlete. He does tricks that everyone else does well. Maybe someday he'll even be one of the best, but until then he's just another hungry am set out to prove to the world he is "good."

Bobby drops a part out of nowhere with one sponsor that nobody has heard anything about in over a year. He is twice that kids age, has nothing to prove, has little to no financial backing in the world of skateboarding, yet still goes out and finds the most amazing skateable (to him) architecture in his home proximity. The only motivation he has is self driven from the love of the art of skateboarding. He does mostly basic tricks in settings that make those basic tricks hard as fuck yet amazing looking. The guy ollies onto something and practically just bounces off it with another ollie right after. He popularized urban street skating in his prime and continues to take it further simply for the love of the game.

As far as not liking his personality goes, that just makes me love the dude more. The guy is bitter as fuck and I can relate to that a lot more than some smiling idiot with nothing to say for the fact that they are not interesting or scared to speak the truth.

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.
You should never trust a man who claims he doesn't know about free internet porn.

Fake Tits

« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2013, 12:19:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2013, 12:26:46 PM »
Are people still being tricked into thinking his clips aren't "hard"? I remember being that naive when I was younger. As a person whose been to a bunch of spots Bobby has skated, he makes it look easy, not the other way around. Spots are usually incredibly haggard/sketchy to the point they are barely skateable. Thats why youre seeing simpler tricks, those simple tricks are pushing the limits of the spot actually, you just wouldnt know.

I call them "Puleo spots" because only Puleo can skate them.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2013, 12:51:15 PM »
man, you didn't even read what i wrote. your argument only makes sense if i ever argued that bobby needs to be skating at a certain level as a 40-year-old, day-job-working pro skater to be appreciated. i said he needs to be skating at a certain level as a lame person to be appreciated. in my opinion, he ain't (that level is really high for me). deal with it. how about you comment on the fact that i mentioned i liked this time tomorrow and cosmic vomit 2? the former especially wasn't a hammers type video, it was right in line with this type of skating.

and just because you repress a true, bitter self in your everyday life, doesn't mean every positive person is just a phony unwilling to "speak the truth." you really wrote those words unironically. amazing. get the fuck outta here with that shit.

i could respond to your points individually with quotes from my posts, but i may as well be trolling to continue arguing a point that no one in this thread wants to hear. besides, in that last post i already said that "this argument can't go anywhere." (you didn't catch that when you were scrolling down, after only watching my video, to further the argument; but trust me, it's in my post.) if you read my post, i don't know how you managed to think that i was trying to change peoples' minds about bobby puleo. since you wish to continue arguing though, just reread my last post and pretend i wrote it after you wrote yours.

on another note, this post is hilarious:
SHEEP. im calling out all the dumb kids that posted something unoriginal in here.
you know who you are and bobby doesnt like dick riders like you, bobby doesnt like anyone.
i wouldve respected this part more if he just released it on vcr and didnt show anyone, releasing a part on youtube so everyone can ride your dick is neither ethereal nor artistic.
the part was pretty good, some of those tricks were hard.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »
Every Gomez post

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
man, you didn't even read what i wrote. your argument only makes sense if i ever argued that bobby needs to be skating at a certain level as a 40-year-old, day-job-working pro skater to be appreciated. i said he needs to be skating at a certain level as a lame person to be appreciated. in my opinion, he ain't (that level is really high for me). deal with it. how about you comment on the fact that i mentioned i liked this time tomorrow and cosmic vomit 2? the former especially wasn't a hammers type video, it was right in line with this type of skating.

and just because you repress a true, bitter self in your everyday life, doesn't mean every positive person is just a phony unwilling to "speak the truth." you really wrote those words unironically. amazing. get the fuck outta here with that shit.

i could respond to your points individually with quotes from my posts, but i may as well be trolling to continue arguing a point that no one in this thread wants to hear. besides, in that last post i already said that "this argument can't go anywhere." (you didn't catch that when you were scrolling down, after only watching my video, to further the argument; but trust me, it's in my post.) if you read my post, i don't know how you managed to think that i was trying to change peoples' minds about bobby puleo. since you wish to continue arguing though, just reread my last post and pretend i wrote it after you wrote yours.

on another note, this post is hilarious:
Expand Quote
SHEEP. im calling out all the dumb kids that posted something unoriginal in here.
you know who you are and bobby doesnt like dick riders like you, bobby doesnt like anyone.
i wouldve respected this part more if he just released it on vcr and didnt show anyone, releasing a part on youtube so everyone can ride your dick is neither ethereal nor artistic.
the part was pretty good, some of those tricks were hard.
[close]

All of us know now that you don't like Bobby Puleo's new internet clip.  Fully understood.  Next please...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:34:48 PM by few123456789 »

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »
Must be important, he got the lead story.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2013, 12:02:40 PM »
I understand Gomez. It's fine to like and appreciate a Puleo part, but I honestly don't know what kool-aid you guys have been sipping to think that part was amazing. Also Puleo is a terrible person, and I've seen you guys hate on otherwise good parts to spite people that you personally don't like all the fucking time. Why should Puleo get a pass? You guys are acting like Gomez is speaking Chinese, but anyone with a modicum of reading comprehension skills and self awareness should know what the fuck he's talking about. I'm not saying the part was bad, but I am saying stop bullshitting.

And Gomez, I've explained this before and I'll explain it again. That Kyle Walker part wasn't anything special because the type of skating that Kyle Walker does is the exact same shit that every fucking kid is doing. If you're going to do the same type of shit that everyone else is doing, you better do it better than everyone else is doing it, not at the same level as everyone else. Otherwise, by definition, you are mediocre. To be sure, he's not mediocre for the average skater out there, but he is mediocre for ams and pros. That velodrome kickflip was sick though.

Keep the arguments going, though. Slap is becoming interesting again.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

conqueso

« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2013, 12:42:39 PM »
So why is bobby such a terrible person? People keep saying that on here (like it matters) and it just makes me want to like him more. When you put skill aside, I'd rather watch an asshole's skate part than someone with cookie cutter j-crew smiles and lifestyle shots splattered in between tricks.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1956
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »
I want every argument to be followed with footage of said poster.

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 49
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »

7:47
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2013, 03:33:35 PM »
I understand Gomez. It's fine to like and appreciate a Puleo part, but I honestly don't know what kool-aid you guys have been sipping to think that part was amazing. Also Puleo is a terrible person, and I've seen you guys hate on otherwise good parts to spite people that you personally don't like all the fucking time. Why should Puleo get a pass? You guys are acting like Gomez is speaking Chinese, but anyone with a modicum of reading comprehension skills and self awareness should know what the fuck he's talking about. I'm not saying the part was bad, but I am saying stop bullshitting.

And Gomez, I've explained this before and I'll explain it again. That Kyle Walker part wasn't anything special because the type of skating that Kyle Walker does is the exact same shit that every fucking kid is doing. If you're going to do the same type of shit that everyone else is doing, you better do it better than everyone else is doing it, not at the same level as everyone else. Otherwise, by definition, you are mediocre. To be sure, he's not mediocre for the average skater out there, but he is mediocre for ams and pros. That velodrome kickflip was sick though.

Keep the arguments going, though. Slap is becoming interesting again.
thanks for reading what i wrote. and i see where you're coming from on the kyle walker thing. i think he had some mindblowing stuff in there, but like i said in that thread, if you are like me and don't watch every video and web clip that comes out, it's pretty easy to be surprised. i remember when i was subscribed to three skate mags at the same time, i had a much different experience checking an issue out than i do now, when i occasionally wander into a barnes and noble and flip through one. last one i flipped through i was tripping out on most tricks.

but that's why i was saying it's two sides of the same coin -- i wasn't feeling bobby puleo because (he's lame and) i don't think he's anything special compared to other dudes who skate like him; and you weren't feeling kyle walker's part for the same reason. that's not to get into the whole argument of each skater's motivation, and how that makes it more acceptable for them not to be anything special, but i don't personally care about that.

Tim_Smith

• Rep: -2
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2013, 03:37:32 PM »
So why is bobby such a terrible person? People keep saying that on here (like it matters) and it just makes me want to like him more. When you put skill aside, I'd rather watch an asshole's skate part than someone with cookie cutter j-crew smiles and lifestyle shots splattered in between tricks.
-on josh stewarts site he straight up threw stewart under the bus, being totally unappreciative of josh filming him, saying filmers don't matter, filmers coach skaters too much into what tricks to do or what spots to skate. some of what he says i can agree with, but for him to be a jerk to someone who runs the camera, which to anyone out there who doesn't know, it is really really boring to film someone rather than skate the spot like you want to, is just rude.
-he also makes up rules about how if you find the spot you're the only one allowed to skate it. but there is a loophole if someone has skated first, filmed on it but landed sketchy then it doesn't count. then you're allowed to one up that person because they did it sketchy.
-another rule is you're only allowed to skate spots that you found not one that someone else has found for you, but it's ok for him to go to england, skate spots there that someone found for him and film there because.... because... he's bobby puleo. oh, rightttt.
-another rule is no one is allowed to skate like him because that's unoriginal, and he invented urban skating. which makes the same amount of sense as saying he shouldn't skate the way he does because he didn't invent ollies so he shouldn't do any tricks on film...ever.

harsh personality or not, i like his skating. and i'll rewatch his parts. he's definitely not the type of guy i'd want to to be friends with though, but that kind of stuff doesn't matter anyway, i'm into skateboarding not personalities. theotis might be the nicest guy in the world and i have more respect for him for that, but that doesn't make me watch his part's more than once. 

I do wish he was a little bit techier like he used to be. there are only so many ollie's into cellar doors i can watch. throw in a kickflip or 180 once in a while.

dankradschwag

« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2013, 04:16:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
and people ask me where my footage is. i don't follow the industry outside of skate videos anymore, but he's apparently still pro according to traffic's website. in other words, he's "in skateboarding." i am not, i skate when i'm not busy with/tired from school and work, so it's weird that this argument is even happening. this is for ronald wilson reagan, who said i 5050 down curbs on 3 stairs or something. i'm not that bad.

and the slap cliche is that you don't have to be better to criticize someone's skating. old slap pal gipper himself would swear on his life that james brockman is an awful skater, based purely on the fact that brockman's a racist. sure, you guys (ronald wilson reagan, kools, clamy, etc.) will argue that gipper couldn't talk because he can't switch fs 5-0 a circle handrail. and i agree with that. james brockman is not an awful skater, he's actually amazing. and i don't even think gipper skates. but my point is that i'm not alone in finding it impossible to appreciate a lame person's skateboarding.

like i've already said, bobby puleo is not a terrible skateboarder, he's just objectively mediocre for an industry skater. even accounting for his approach to skating, he's nothing special. this time tomorrow had dudes skating like this who were doing tricks that would be amazing anywhere... but i'm getting called a jock by someone who hated on kyle walker's part because he didn't do the best rail/gap tricks he'd ever seen. two sides of the same coin. (except kyle walker isn't a lame person; at the very least he doesn't believe everyone else is undeserving of skating the spots he skates.) you guys enjoyed this because you have the polar opposite opinion of bobby puleo, so you're happy to see any footage from him at all. and with that said, this argument can't possibly go anywhere.

and no, iceman, you didn't point out anything with that example. did rodney mullen not grow up skating in front of cows, teaching himself those tricks because he didn't know what skating looked like? maybe i'm wrong. but how was he not talented? how was he trying too hard to be original? pretty sure he started skating street specifically to fit in.

you don't even know bobby, so you cannot make the statement about disliking his skating bc he's an asshole. you cant really call someone you've never met an asshole. honestly my favorite skaters are probably assholes, but skateboarding isnt about being a nice person. saying you dislike someone bc hes an asshole amkes you sound like a pussy. your footy wasnt that bad, but some of the tricks were and your style is pretty lame. like middle schooler level.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2013, 06:42:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you don't even know bobby, so you cannot make the statement about disliking his skating bc he's an asshole. you cant really call someone you've never met an asshole. honestly my favorite skaters are probably assholes, but skateboarding isnt about being a nice person. saying you dislike someone bc hes an asshole amkes you sound like a pussy. your footy wasnt that bad, but some of the tricks were and your style is pretty lame. like middle schooler level.
weird how you quoted the whole post but responded to maybe one sentence of it, taken out of context... but since you want to shit on my skating for no good reason, let's see some of your footage. matter of fact, let's see some of everyone's footage who called mine into question. i offered my opinion of a pro, without saying i was in any way better than him, and people demanded i prove myself worthy to criticize him. i figured just showing that i actually skate was good enough (since at least one person said i don't). but as it turns out, i am apparently not good enough to dislike bobby puleo's skating. are you guys good enough to dislike my skating? maybe you are. i'm excited to find out.

so yeah, to you, clayton, gipper, clamy, kools, and whoever else argued i wasn't good enough to talk shit on bobby puleo: post your footage here.

dankradschwag

« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2013, 07:41:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
weird how you quoted the whole post but responded to maybe one sentence of it, taken out of context... but since you want to shit on my skating for no good reason, let's see some of your footage. matter of fact, let's see some of everyone's footage who called mine into question. i offered my opinion of a pro, without saying i was in any way better than him, and people demanded i prove myself worthy to criticize him. i figured just showing that i actually skate was good enough (since at least one person said i don't). but as it turns out, i am apparently not good enough to dislike bobby puleo's skating. are you guys good enough to dislike my skating? maybe you are. i'm excited to find out.

so yeah, to you, clayton, gipper, clamy, kools, and whoever else argued i wasn't good enough to talk shit on bobby puleo: post your footage here.

all of us should edit our footage together into a montage or something...

anyways, you obviously don't know much about who bobby is. it is probably bc you haven't skated long enough to have been around when he was in the industry. bobby is most definitely not in the industry at all. traffic is not in the industry, they have no money, and pay no one. that is bobby's sole sponsor. at one point in time, bobby's brand of skating was appreciated and heralded. but as corporate influence came into skate in the late 2000s, probably when you started, raw east coast skating, which has always been the under-dog style of skating, got washed away, over-looked, and under-appreciated. guys like bobby fell in the wayside. you obviously value handrails and switch tres which shows that bobby's brand of skating is not relevant to you, therefore you can neither appreciate it or accurately judge it. so just keep your mouth shut. k thanks.