Author Topic: Baker drops Braydon, Lenoce and Heyl from pro team.  (Read 139488 times)

wildbillhiccup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
  • JACKASS
Re: Baker drops Braydon, Lenoce and Heyl from pro team.
« Reply #480 on: February 26, 2014, 10:25:27 PM »
i wonder what spanky's up to... i mean, besides listening to morrisey... i miss that little fella.
I miss him too, BBD should cut heroin and let Spanky make a company instead..

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #481 on: February 27, 2014, 01:03:42 AM »
Expand Quote
i wonder what spanky's up to... i mean, besides listening to morrisey... i miss that little fella.
[close]
Yeah that's a great idea, drop a brand that more than ten years deep with a truly international team and following and give a skater you just dropped and who has said he's over it a brand. Bravo.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #482 on: February 27, 2014, 08:53:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Yeah that's a great idea, drop a brand that more than ten years deep with a truly international team and following and give a skater you just dropped and who has said he's over it a brand. Bravo.

Spanky is done. although some people don't want to accept or feel it was wrong to have dropped them, they weren't really doing anything to push baker or any of their brands up. They all for the most part became really uninteresting or lack the skill to maintain a pro career. Better now then later down the line when you are to old to get your life together. Last thing i want for either of them is to become the next Castillo.

Heisenberg

• Rep: -9
« Reply #483 on: February 27, 2014, 11:25:26 AM »
What ever happened to Mike White? Did he just bail after Bake and Destroy?

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #484 on: February 27, 2014, 11:35:55 AM »
I wouldn't say Spanky is done just yet, he had a big fat frontside grind to drop in a very recent House of Hammers edit. He can still take them hefty impacts even after all his surgeries.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #485 on: February 27, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »
Good for him. That's rad that Baker hooking him up with a job. Depending on things, that career could be longer than his pro one. The worst is skaters having to do dead end jobs cause they never got a higher education or the hook up to do something else.

like working in the warehouse of the company you used to be pro for?!?!? 

I love Lenoce, but don't make it like they're doing him any favors or setting him up for a career outside of skating. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #486 on: February 27, 2014, 12:05:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Good for him. That's rad that Baker hooking him up with a job. Depending on things, that career could be longer than his pro one. The worst is skaters having to do dead end jobs cause they never got a higher education or the hook up to do something else.
[close]

I love Lenoce, but don't make it like they're doing him any favors or setting him up for a career outside of skating.  

I doubt hes getting the salary that he was use to when he was pro and had all his sponsors. I do think it was good of them to possibly offer some kind of job while going to school and still being involved with baker somehow. I find it incredibly sad sometimes when washed up pro's in their early to mid 30's are forced to get their lives together similar to kids 18-19 fresh out of high school,working a part time and going to college, your talking about 10 to 15 year gap there. Its worse when none of them had a back up plan and they had the money to do so but instead wasted it on drugs or the lifestyle. Best of luck to all of them.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:54:40 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #487 on: February 27, 2014, 01:06:11 PM »
^^^^Exactly. I wasn't glorifying his current job but more so how Baker is allowing him to work and go to school at the same time. I mean I am sure dude can do homework there and being flexible on things. It's tough trying to balance both if one is more strict than the other.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #488 on: February 27, 2014, 02:47:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I doubt hes getting the salary that he was use to when he was pro and had all his sponsors. I do think it was good of them to possibly offer some kind of job while going to school and still being involved with baker somehow. I find it incredibly sad sometimes when washed up pro's in their early to mid 30's are forced to get their lives together similar to kids 18-19 fresh out of high school,working a part time and going to college, your talking about 10 to 15 year gap there. Its worse when none of them had a back up plan and they had the money to do so but instead wasted it on drugs or the lifestyle. Best of luck to all of them.

Well they were able to do whatever the fuck they wanted for those 15 years while being in their physical prime. Most people don't have any moment in their life where they'd be able to do anything similar. So I don't feel sad at all for somebody who has to get their first real job at the age of 35.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #489 on: February 27, 2014, 02:57:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Well they were able to do whatever the fuck they wanted for those 15 years while being in their physical prime. Most people don't have any moment in their life where they'd be able to do anything similar. So I don't feel sad at all for somebody who has to get their first real job at the age of 35.

It really does suck though. I mean if that doesn't cause a nervous breakdown i don't know what would. I mean no backup money, no insurance, and even friends that you grew up with give you the boot, it must be extremely awkward. But nobody ever learns, history will keep repeating itself even after countless examples as to what happens in the unfortunate world of skateboarding when your 15th minute of fame is up. No athlete can make a living for the rest of their life being an athlete. I'm glad i realized that very young and decided early on to be responsible and look at the big picture. That cocky ignorant kid attitude about fuck school I'm doing this will catch up to you if you are not responsible.

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
  • JACKASS
« Reply #490 on: February 27, 2014, 04:42:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
10 years? I had never heard a thing about it untill a year or two ago, also, their team is who? Shumizu, Chet, The Weird Asian dude, Doucheman of the dark woods, and some guy named hogie?

ahl33

« Reply #491 on: February 27, 2014, 05:42:29 PM »
Spanky should go back to riding smaller boards because his flip tricks look like fucking shit now

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #492 on: February 27, 2014, 06:04:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
their team is who? Shumizu, Chet, The Weird Asian dude, Doucheman of the dark woods, and some guy named hogie?

A GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR YOU ARE

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #493 on: February 27, 2014, 06:15:58 PM »
I don't know if there's a more appropriate place to put this so I'll just leave it here. Dropping these guys definitely frees up some money on the payroll. Perhaps some of that will be going to Rowan soon?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:54:51 PM by Hash Slinging Slasher »

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2014, 06:57:55 PM »
most of spankys b-sides for stay gold were filmed a year or two after filming for the video. If you dont think dude is progressing from his knee injury after that then i dunno what will sway you. Dude stick a fs flip over that gigantic rail neen variel heeled and furby sw flipped, among many other things besides trannybanktranny.....do urself a favor and watch his emerica stay gold b-sides, dude is not close to being washed up yet
try to remember, forget

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #495 on: February 27, 2014, 09:38:56 PM »
i still like spanky but he seems like someone you back or don't.. i think he's got plenty more to give.. he's always on atibas instagram and seems to be filming, i dont know what boysofsummer  is but hopefully he'll drop a part soon and get back on from his pro - flow status..

SPANKY GIVE US A REASON TO STILL LIKE YOU!!

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #496 on: February 27, 2014, 09:54:32 PM »
I don't know if there's a more appropriate place to put this so I'll just leave it here. Dropping these guys definitely frees up some money on the payroll. Perhaps some of that will be going to Rowan soon?

hopefully this means he is gonna have a part in the vans video
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #497 on: February 27, 2014, 10:03:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hopefully this means he is gonna have a part in the vans video
Very true. I was just thinking this after watching his old parts today. Love his style.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #498 on: February 27, 2014, 10:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
10 years? I had never heard a thing about it untill a year or two ago, also, their team is who? Shumizu, Chet, The Weird Asian dude, Doucheman of the dark woods, and some guy named hogie?

So, you don't know what you're talking about. Thanks for clearing that up for us.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #499 on: February 28, 2014, 02:48:00 AM »
i still like spanky but he seems like someone you back or don't.. i think he's got plenty more to give.. he's always on atibas instagram and seems to be filming, i dont know what boysofsummer  is but hopefully he'll drop a part soon and get back on from his pro - flow status..

supreme video. I don't know if he'll have a legitimate part but he'll definitely have some clips.

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
« Reply #500 on: February 28, 2014, 04:08:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

people have to take responsibility for their own choices. if skateboarders are too short-sighted to see that they should prepare for a life post-career, then it's their own fault. people are products of their own decisions - it's no different for pro skateboarders

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #501 on: February 28, 2014, 05:44:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

supreme video. I don't know if he'll have a legitimate part but he'll definitely have some clips.

again, the supreme video is called Cherry. that other thing is a completely different entity.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #502 on: February 28, 2014, 07:53:42 AM »
Ex Skateboard pro or not a lot of people at 30+ don't have there shit together or are working on it. That's life.
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #503 on: February 28, 2014, 08:03:16 AM »
"skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. it owes you wheel bite in the rain. you owe skateboarding."

Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #504 on: February 28, 2014, 08:09:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

again, the supreme video is called Cherry. that other thing is a completely different entity.

I thought #boysofsummer was just a hashtag that denoted them filming for the supreme video during the past summer, since it's basically all the same people involved.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #505 on: February 28, 2014, 02:16:57 PM »
Ex Skateboard pro or not a lot of people at 30+ don't have there shit together or are working on it. That's life.

seriously. at 27 im one of 3 skaters i know with a job that doesnt pay in cash

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #506 on: February 28, 2014, 02:29:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You lost me there....

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #507 on: February 28, 2014, 02:41:54 PM »

But hopefully those 30+ people were actually working some sort of job. Job history can get you at least some progression if you don't have a degree. If Lenoce tried to get a job, he couldn't even put he was a pro skater on his resume.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #508 on: February 28, 2014, 02:42:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You lost me there....

i think he just means under the table/not on the books.  
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #509 on: February 28, 2014, 02:46:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You lost me there....
[close]

i think he just means under the table/not on the books.  

Then wouldn't that be payed by cash and not by an actual check? I think we've all had jobs like that. My friend collects unemployment checks and gets payed under the table cash working at a bar. Needless to say hes making really good money and has been doing this for some time now.