Author Topic: How Relationships Work  (Read 21737 times)

Rockin Robbin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
Re: How Relationships Work
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »
Dated a girl for two years, first real true love, and then she dumped me on the day she left for college, saying she didn't want to be tied down. The whole time I was just thinking about her getting rammed by frat dudes and it sucked. But that was a while ago and I learned from it, the only problem is I'm afraid to fall totally in love again because it wasn't worth the pain.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2013, 12:42:26 PM »
one person cares more than the other.

someone gets hurt or causes harm

cycle repeats itself until it is considered unbearable.

then i get fucking wasted and break my phone

this
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Dole

• Rep: 3
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2013, 02:19:48 PM »
Got so depressed reading these stories. Sometimes it's just fucked up.

coneklr

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2013, 02:44:42 PM »
Fuck it, might as well share too.  I'm a bit older than some of you so have been through more of these situations no doubt.  I'll give you my middle story and potentially the worst as far as emotionally for me.

So I had just graduated hs and my gf of 2yrs decided to leave me.  Needless to say I was pretty bummed.  After a bit, one of my friends tells me he knows a girl with a huge crush on me and I should go hang out with them.  I didn't that day but ended up meeting her later.  Anyway, we end up dating for a while and went through a lot of really heavy emotional shit together, which I will spare you all the details.  She ended up moving a state away to go to school and after a bit, the distance and seeing her on the weekends took it's toll on me so I moved to be near her.  This whole time her new college friends were constantly trying to convince her to leave me as she was the only one with a bf and because she hung out with me on weekends she couldn't go party with them.  After hearing it enough she bought into it and ended the relationship.  Like someone else posted, all I could think about was her going out getting drunk and fucked by lame dudes and it sucked for a while.  We still spoke some, and one day I told her I was leaving and moving to CA, she broke down and begged me to stay but I was like fuck you and bounced.

She ended up failing out and losing a full scholarship which was worth a ton of money and losing someone who had invested years of his life trying to make her happy just so she could get drunk with people who ended up not even being true friends to her anyway.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2013, 03:06:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Fiance cheated on me for about 2 months befor admitting to it , she got pregnant by the guy during the cheating too ...
[close]

I had the exact same thing happen only we were married and she cheated and got pregnant while I was in Baghdad.  So glad that part of my life has long since past.

I actually had another girl back in 2003 get pregnant from someone else while we were dating.  Her argument was, "Sometimes these things happen."

Tbh even with all the shit I went through and I guess you too , We are much better off . People who do that to others are not worth having in our lives .

I was so in love with that girl that I didnt care about her obvius flaws and forgave her for a bunch of stuff just to be with her , but at the end of the day she was not a very nice person at all

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2013, 03:12:47 PM »
Damn, you guys are sharing some harshness.

So that space camp girl is actually a true story but for some reason I kept hooking back up with her. We were freshman in high school and around 15 when that happened but for some reason as a 15 year old kid it hurt me pretty deep. I kept trying to call her but she wouldn't even return my calls or acknowledge me so eventually her best friend told me she met someone at spacecamp who lived in Nebraska. Maybe two years later we got back together for a week where I was back in town for spring break and all she ever did was give me handjobs but it sufficed for the week. Coincidentally I decide to call up my friend who gives tattoos to see about getting one and the day I throw out there he says, "I can't that day - I've got this date with Julie I've had planned for a while." So then I ask, "Julie who?" and sure enough it's the same girl. It felt really shitty to have to tell my friend that especially since he said they'd been dating for around 6 months. Once she'd been had she did that thing again where she just ignored everyone and broke off contact. Go a year or so down the line and I'm working as a flight attendant while this girl is living in Chicago. We bump into each other randomly again and start this casual "I'll come to Chicago often since I can fly for free" thing. That one was weird and just got progressively weirder. I just figured I'd stay with this hot, shitty girl whenever there was something I wanted to do in Chicago. However, I was far past the point of handjobs and whenever she started crying over giving me a blowjob because she'd never done it before I was just completely over it and realized I'm just wasting my time ever keeping in touch with this girl. Haven't talked to her since.

^ that was actually my one and only long distance relationship too. Never could see that working out. In a relationship I think the regular physical interaction is quite crucial. Plus, my theory is that the longer the distance the less you'll see each other and the longer you go between visits the more that's persons become someone new. People change over time even if its minutely.

All in all, I feel like for some reason I end up in these pseduo relationships with fucked up girls who are really hot and fun but just sort of toying. Usually doesn't last very long and someone dips from out of nowhere suddenly.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2013, 05:03:10 AM »
im going through an extremely rough patch right now... i hope i can salvage my relationship, took me 29yrs to find her.. love her to bits...
japanese cultural and language barriers are one of the major setbacks to our relationship... and she is stressing about the future of us to the point where she sees its not going to workout (being japanese she bottles up everything (我慢してる)until it overwhelms her and then explodes)。 i've been an emotional wreck all week... and its going to have to come to a conclusion this week

coneklr

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2013, 01:14:19 PM »
Good Luck The Drew!  I know it isn't an easy spot to be in

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 750
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2013, 03:36:32 PM »
Where do you guys meet these sluts and how can I get to know them?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

• Rep: 12
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2013, 04:03:24 PM »
Where do you guys meet these sluts and how can I get to know them?

yew

Wang Casserole

• Rep: -27
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2013, 12:15:29 PM »
wang casserole inadvertently started a worthwhile thread while trying to spam his regular, unfunny youtube cartoons.

I agree my cartoons and attempts at spreading them are vapid, annoying and ridiculous. However as a human being I'm not that big a pile of shit. This thread actually really helped me feel better about the bitch I started it about leaving me. Thanks dudes!!!

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2013, 12:37:02 PM »
Dated a girl for two years, first real true love, and then she dumped me on the day she left for college, saying she didn't want to be tied down. The whole time I was just thinking about her getting rammed by frat dudes and it sucked. But that was a while ago and I learned from it, the only problem is I'm afraid to fall totally in love again because it wasn't worth the pain.

I feel ya on this.

Fuckin dated a girl for three years at college.  When school ended, we broke up, and it was a bad one.  She didn't cheat or anything (that I know of), but it was fucked.  Nothin really compared to some of your experiences.  Feel bad for all of ya. 
I suck at SLAP.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2013, 05:41:23 PM »
Fiance cheated on me for about 2 months befor admitting to it , she got pregnant by the guy during the cheating too ...

Bitches be tripping.

I was in a 2 year relationship that ended around mid last year, I was a wreck and I think I made a thread about it. Anyway, looking back at it now Im actually embarrased about the way I was with her and how I am now, thinking that she meant everything and all that love bullshit. Im thankful though for what happened.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2013, 07:31:41 PM »
im going through an extremely rough patch right now... i hope i can salvage my relationship, took me 29yrs to find her.. love her to bits...
japanese cultural and language barriers are one of the major setbacks to our relationship... and she is stressing about the future of us to the point where she sees its not going to workout (being japanese she bottles up everything (我慢してる)until it overwhelms her and then explodes)。 i've been an emotional wreck all week... and its going to have to come to a conclusion this week

Rough. Does she give any specifics to why it wouldn't work? Does she make any effort to open up? I assume you two have been together for awhile now.

My one and only love. We dated for about 2 1/2 years and have known each other for a totally of 5 years. During our relationship she cheated twice. First time was in the beginning and I believe in giving people chances. She didn't cheat until we did the long distance thing for 6 months. She started to drink a lot because I wasn't there with her. She was at a party and cheated. I should have ended it, but her being drunk made it different. So we were together for another 6 months when she moved to another state with me. She wanted to break up and I understood the reasons. It honestly was for the better.

She decided to join the military after finishing college last year, it was her dream. I decided to cut off contact. I was dumb enough to respond to an email after her basic training was over. We kept in contact often and I went to go visit her last month (it was 2 yrs since we last saw each other). She paid for the majority of the trip since I don't make much. We both had a good time but after coming home she didn't respond to my text or calls. So I have decided to cut off contact for good. I haven't given her a reason either, no need too.

"There is no intensity of love or feeling that does not involve the risk of crippling hurt. It is a duty to take this risk, to love and feel without defense or reserve."

That quote is how I feel about any relationships for my future. I learned from my mistakes but I don't feel the need to be extremely cautious with girls. If there is BS with a girl, such as cheating, then I have no problem ending things.

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2013, 08:58:22 PM »
Both of these girls were the first girls I'd gone out of my way to make part of my family life:

Got dumped via text by a girl who lived literally next door to me. We were both home when she did it. She waited all of three days to get into a relationship with another. Curious.

Next girl is someone I'd had serious talks with about getting married. She cheated on me with some "pen pal" of hers traveling through our city. She made up some bullshit excuse during a camping trip to cut it short so she could go home and fuck him on the couch he was crashing on. Twice. Later I found out that she was still going out for coffee with and keeping in touch with my mom. I didn't have the heart to tell my family what had happened so my mom didn't know any better. I just told them it was a mutual decision.

In the end, I figured out that chicks will shit on your life if they think you will let them. And I, like many dudes, gave them this impression. As shitty as all that was, it really taught me an important lesson in not being a fucking pussy in relationships.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2013, 09:09:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rough. Does she give any specifics to why it wouldn't work? Does she make any effort to open up? I assume you two have been together for awhile now.

"There is no intensity of love or feeling that does not involve the risk of crippling hurt. It is a duty to take this risk, to love and feel without defense or reserve."

nope just vague answers and then the silent treatment (very japanese, ignoring the problem and hoping it will go away)

so much for trying to talk to her... pretty sure its going to end badly

girls are regular, I'm pretty sure we've all known this our conscious lives, and that quote is spot on

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2013, 09:59:19 PM »
one person cares more than the other.

someone gets hurt or causes harm

cycle repeats itself until it is considered unbearable.

then i get fucking wasted and break my phone

Poetry I like, this here.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2013, 01:17:31 AM »
A bitch will never keep it 100 that's for true.

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2013, 05:01:20 AM »
I feel for some of you guys.  That said, let me tell you something.  Any woman who cheats even once is to be walked away from.  There is no excuse.  She wasn't "just drunk," she didn't just "make a mistake," she wasn't "just lonely" because you were away, etc.  She's just a slut and doesn't "love" you the way you thought.  End it.  There is someone better waiting for you.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2013, 07:26:37 AM »
I feel for some of you guys.  That said, let me tell you something.  Any woman who cheats even once is to be walked away from.  There is no excuse.  She wasn't "just drunk," she didn't just "make a mistake," she wasn't "just lonely" because you were away, etc.  She's just a slut and doesn't "love" you the way you thought.  End it.  There is someone better waiting for you.
Well, I don't think it's that easy, because I've that guy in the past, and it didn't mean I wasn't deeply in love for my girl then. Nevertheless since we broke up and now that I am with another girl, I've never felt the need or wanted to cheat.

Jackburton

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2013, 08:42:29 AM »
Women believe in overlaps.  They also have no honor and are actually not all that stupid.  Basically, when the music stops you damn well better believe they will have not one, but two or even three seats for themselves.  Most of them have felt heartbreak more than us, meaning their heart has developed a thick cold layer of dead flesh around it, and in many cases all the way through. 

BUT when the pain goes away you realize the deck is stacked in our favor.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2013, 09:49:37 AM »
Women believe in overlaps.?  They also have no honor and are actually not all that stupid.?  Basically, when the music stops you damn well better believe they will have not one, but two or even three seats for themselves.?  Most of them have felt heartbreak more than us, meaning their heart has developed a thick cold layer of dead flesh around it, and in many cases all the way through.? 

BUT when the pain goes away you realize the deck is stacked in our favor.

Well said man.

Greg Road

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2013, 10:01:32 AM »
My girl in high school broke it off with me before graduating - same old shit - not wanting a relationship in college so she can suck all the guilt free cock she wants. It was hard cause I was young and didn't know any better - but to make matters worse after splitting she went about trying to fuck all my friends and was always around everywhere I went (and these were my friends and places that she did not exist in before meeting me) and ended up dating one of them for a while after. So I couldn't even get away from her after splitting. It was brutal and fucked me up and I cut ties with all my "friends" - whom later proved they weren't really great people anyways. But I've got a good girl now and she's fucking hot and cool and talented - so things are good.
Young love never lasts. It almost seems pointless getting into something serious when you're between 15 - 25 - but I guess it happens.

skateordie

• Rep: -40
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2013, 03:36:34 PM »
i dated a girl who had tons of dude friends (red flag). she would see them for one-on-one dinners and brunches and such. she even had some stay with her when they were in town (she lived by herself). i was never invited to these get togethers because she said it was about them "catching up" and they wouldn't be able to get much catching up done if i was there.  i eventually grew suspicious of these guys and sensed there was much more to their relationship, especially by the way she hung on their every word and spoke so highly of them. so i confronted her. she came clean and told me that she had dated a strong majority of them, even one of the dudes that stayed at her place. i told her that was fucked, and she told me i was small minded. then i had an ex come in to town, and i told her i was going to see her for lunch, and my ex said that would be a hard day for her. double fucking standard. i tried to be "big minded" and stick it out, but her calendar kept filling up with dudes and exes and i couldn't take it. i eventually walked away from her.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2013, 03:42:07 PM »
Its funny that the ones who cheat act out jelously when the innocent party does something

Why does somebody who sleeps around get angry when you go on lunch with a girl or go to a party ?

thats abit of a red flag too

In the end I think people just try to be happy without wanting to hurt people . Its hard to hurt people they like or love but they still want to do what they want to do

MFLUDER

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2013, 05:19:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had the exact same thing happen only we were married and she cheated and got pregnant while I was in Baghdad.?  So glad that part of my life has long since past.

I actually had another girl back in 2003 get pregnant from someone else while we were dating.?  Her argument was, "Sometimes these things happen."

Wait was that the chick who built you a man cave?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2013, 06:40:37 PM »

Why does somebody who sleeps around get angry when you go on lunch with a girl or go to a party ?

because they finally realize that if they can get away with it, so can you
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

because they finally realize that if they can get away with it, so can you

doesnt make sense still , I mean if I was cheating on some girl I was dating or loved , why would I get mad if they did the same ?

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2013, 06:51:04 PM »
 I had the hottest girlfriend when I was 16. She was a 10. I broke up with her after she told me she kissed another dude. She told me she was in love with me and I just said "thanks". After we broke up she went on a crazy fucking spree. She fucked at least 10 dudes that I know about in that year. It's like when you see some hot girl in porn and think "she used to have a boyfriend who loved her and now she has 2 dicks in her mouth, what the fuck happened to this girl". It really fucked my head up. The crazy thing is that I loved her, but I was afraid to say it and to proud to forgive her for kissing some dude. I broke her heart and then she ruined herself by becoming the biggest slut the school had ever seen. 20 years ago, still makes me sad.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2013, 07:41:20 PM »
This one is very recent, February to be exact. I started dating this girl in 2008, fell in love with her. She was honestly the only thing that made me happy, we had so much in common, it was insane how much I loved this girl. My ex is a tattoo artist, so she would always be tattooing me and my homies. My BEST friend, who I grew up with and considered a brother, went up to her shop with her back in August of last year, he had the brilliant idea of telling her I had been cheating on her with my ex ( which was completely false) needless to say she believed him. After that we tried to work things out, but it just got worse, she said she couldn't trust me. Not to mention, a week before my "friend" stabbed me in the back, I bought her an engagement ring. Anyway, in February of this year, she said she couldn't do it anymore. Not 2 weeks later she already had a new boyfriend who she met in some bar. After that, I went into a deep, deep depression. I started drinking every day, doing heroin, and have tried to commit suicide three times this year, most recent being a month ago when I drove my car head on into a tree when I was wasted, didn't die, just totaled my car. It was getting so bad, that I got kicked out of the band I was singing in, and literally almost all my friends have turned their backs, because they can't handle my depression. As of now I have nothing, lost my girlfriend of 5 years, my car, got layed off from my job in January, and have little to no contact with any of my close friends. I literally am on my own now, never felt like this in 25 years of living, now I have nothing but a potential heroin addiction, and a constant thought of suicide. I'm just now starting to feel normal, but I know I have a ways to go. The stories I've read  in this topic give me inspiration though, it makes me realize I'm not the only one who has felt this pain, and that life will get better if I want it to, thanks to everyone for sharing.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.