Author Topic: Figgy, Stefan and Lil Wayne on same clothing company..  (Read 22859 times)

Microforrest

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -19
Re: Figgy, Stefan and Lil Wayne on same clothing company..
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »
Why the fuck is lil wayne still alive? When can he just hurry up and OD on purple like we all know he's going to? Seriously? jimi Hendrix couldn't live, but this faggot is still somehow breathing? Plus everyone else on this team is officially kook'd.
Olympic athletes have diets and train really hard.
Skateboarders eat candy, talk shit, and drink arizona iced teas.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 01:56:31 PM »
Quote from: Microforrest  link=topic=71147.msg1940863#msg1940863 date=1372106614
Why the fuck is lil wayne still alive? When can he just hurry up and OD on purple like we all know he's going to? Seriously? jimi Hendrix couldn't live, but this faggot is still somehow breathing? Plus everyone else on this team is officially kook'd.
hahaha yesh

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 03:03:40 PM »

The skateboarding balloon is going to pop soon...just like the stock market.....

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 03:13:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Asphalt Yacht Club.

Team will consist of

Stefan
Figgy
Riley Hawk
Blake Carpenter
Stevie Williams
Lil Wayne

www.asphaltyachtclub.com

True Story
[close]

impressive. i can really admire the amount of time and effort that must have went into all this, even if it is a fake brand. bravo.

where did the lil wayne thing come from? i know its nyjah, riley hawk, carpenter, derrick wilson, williams, janoski, figgy, nordberg.  The clothes are fine to me.  I typically just wear white tees but shit it looks no different than kr3w, commune, etc...

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 03:16:40 PM »
Quote from: Microforrest  link=topic=71147.msg1940863#msg1940863 date=1372106614

Well, to be fair, Jimi Hendrix had actual talent so to even compare them is weird...is it just because they're both negros?

Microforrest

• Rep: -19
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 03:56:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well, to be fair, Jimi Hendrix had actual talent so to even compare them is weird...is it just because they're both negros?
Yes.
Olympic athletes have diets and train really hard.
Skateboarders eat candy, talk shit, and drink arizona iced teas.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2013, 03:57:42 PM »

The skateboarding balloon is going to pop soon...just like the stock market.....

FYI- The US stock market (DJIA) has been setting record highs over the past few months and is still over 14,000. 

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2013, 03:58:48 PM »

I cant wait. This is the most mainstream and money hungry skateboarding has ever been!

ZEBRA

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2013, 04:10:58 PM »
Hurray..... Another shitty brand to not buy. If they have some nice stuff, I would probably buy something, but not with Lil' Wayne involved.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:12:54 PM by ZEBRA »

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2013, 04:32:31 PM »
I hope they pronounce the abbreviated name of the company like "ace" during interviews.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 918
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2013, 04:40:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

FYI- The US stock market (DJIA) has been setting record highs over the past few months and is still over 14,000. 

You don't know much about inflation do you? Also the Dow is a terrible representation of the overall economy seeing as it only looks at 30 different companies.

But back to the original point, I think it would be great if there were a skateboarding "balloon" but that is very unlikely. If there were any signs of trouble or decreased growth the big companies like Nike would already be out.

kmdoom

• Rep: -18
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2013, 04:50:43 PM »
I can't believe this Figgy? Janoski?

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2013, 05:06:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You don't know much about inflation do you? Also the Dow is a terrible representation of the overall economy seeing as it only looks at 30 different companies.

But back to the original point, I think it would be great if there were a skateboarding "balloon" but that is very unlikely. If there were any signs of trouble or decreased growth the big companies like Nike would already be out.

Actually, this is the result of the skateboard bubble having already popped. It's more like the housing market than the stock market. The only difference is that when the housing bubble popped everyone who lost money on their house didn't try to make more money by buying a bunch of cheap rental houses and becoming landlords, the way all these skateboarders with slashed paychecks are starting sunglass/griptape/whatever the gimmicky fuck companies.

Nike is still in it because their share of the market is bigger than ever, and they can reduce expenses and still profit. You sure as shit didn't see Windermere leave when the housing market went to shit.

Lil Wayne is in it because the rap bubble popped before the skateboarding bubble. He probably would have preferred reality television, but that bubble popped sometime after the rap bubble and before the skateboarding bubble.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2013, 05:12:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
2013 is becoming one of the weirdest year in skateboarding recent history
[close]
[close]

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2013, 05:18:46 PM »
bubble

shit_for_brains

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2013, 05:25:52 PM »
I think it's great that after all those years and all that footage, Little Wayne is finally getting hooked up proper.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2013, 05:26:06 PM »
bubble you say

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2013, 05:33:43 PM »
If I was Riley hawk I wouldn't be worried about money. I don't get why he would rep this company.

benjamindanklin

• Rep: -9
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2013, 05:46:44 PM »
I love how all you dummies pretend to know what's going on in skateboardings economics. You don't. Just because you have some weird daydream about all the "big" companies shutting down for all your favorite "core" brands to take over, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2013, 05:51:45 PM »
I love how all you dummies pretend to know what's going on in skateboardings economics. You don't. Just because you have some weird daydream about all the "big" companies shutting down for all your favorite "core" brands to take over, doesn't mean it's going to happen.
Hahahaha THIS

MrMojoRising

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2013, 05:56:34 PM »
If I was Riley hawk I wouldn't be worried about money. I don't get why he would rep this company.
He's probably just looking for a good excuse to leave quiksilver, while in his forever struggle to break away from his association with his father. He wants to show that he's a strong, independent woman.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2013, 06:03:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He's probably just looking for a good excuse to leave quiksilver, while in his forever struggle to break away from his association with his father. He wants to show that he's a strong, independent woman.

good post.^^^^^^^

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2013, 06:48:35 PM »
Shake Junt for rich folks?  ???
damn those yarys bout those squats

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2013, 06:56:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Didn't they cut the team?

Sandy Eggo

• Rep: 31
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2013, 07:10:33 PM »
Shake Junt for rich folks?  ???

f-f-f-filet mignon now it's on now it's on now it's on

MrMojoRising

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2013, 08:08:41 PM »
Quote from: Rocko  link=topic=71147.msg1941029#msg1941029 date=1372125364
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It appears they have, sorry folks.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2013, 08:10:22 PM »
Thanks for this update on a team that's been discussed in print and already has a functioning website, True Story! We really appreciate it.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2013, 08:13:26 PM »
Quote from: Rocko  link=topic=71147.msg1941029#msg1941029 date=1372125364
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
It appears they have, sorry folks.

I think Tony Hawk is the only one left?
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2013, 08:33:16 PM »

everyone is doing bad except for nike, vans, and adidas. its not hard to figure out. these guys are just doing whatever they can to make money off skating, being "core" = being poor in the grand scheme of this.