12 (10.4%)
Pretty intelligible
22 (19.1%)
What???
37 (32.2%)
Corey Duffel
44 (38.3%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Author Topic: How stupid is the average slapper?  (Read 32790 times)

Mundungus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
Re: How stupid is the average slapper?
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2013, 08:42:56 PM »
I heard ppl on the thrasher forum were so much more dumber than us

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2013, 08:46:19 PM »
This forum was cool as fuck 10 years ago. #DME #HOTCREW57 #wherethefuckisJA$ONWEAR

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2013, 08:46:52 PM »
Let alone the fact that Crailtap and Big Brother forums used to actually be a thing

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »
In all seriousness though I am curious about what pals have a college degree and what the degree is in?

I have just over a year to go til I finish a Civil and Structural Engineering degree. Well maybe a little longer after sitting a couple of shocking exams last week. I blame too many distractions from slap and all the weird news in skateboarding this year for my lack of preparation haha

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2013, 09:03:22 PM »
Expand Quote
In all seriousness though I am curious about what pals have a college degree and what the degree is in?
[close]

I have just over a year to go til I finish a Civil and Structural Engineering degree. Well maybe a little longer after sitting a couple of shocking exams last week. I blame too many distractions from slap and all the weird news in skateboarding this year for my lack of preparation haha

The day before every test, I open a tab to slap every 10 fucking minutes. Resorted to studying in places without internet.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »
I heard ppl on the thrasher forum were so much more dumber than us

Might be a side-effect of being closer to Phelps.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2013, 09:08:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The day before every test, I open a tab to slap every 10 fucking minutes. Resorted to studying in places without internet.

Yeah I think Im gonna have to start doing that too. Don't have the will power I thought I did.

Will Easley

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2013, 09:15:13 PM »
i am the smaRTesT. and gipper isnt very smart, he is just relatively knowledgeable. that is, relative to the regular kids he talks down to.

haha yeah I think he does sorta prey on the weak, that's when he's got the most moxie & confidence. In any debate where the other person isn't regular & actually has a valid point, he usually sabotages himself after a few heated exchanges. "Gipper Status" shouldnt be at the top of the slap intelligence food chain. this would be a very sad & cold place if it was

Vxcorcist

• Rep: -2
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2013, 09:19:32 PM »
I also think the negative/positive rep feature here is hilariously fascist.

Skateboarders like to consider (read: pretend) themselves so 'outsider' and 'individual', so it's a wonder to me there's a system in place here that encourages and celebrates group think and castigation for those who oppose. If you don't think like me you're wrong!!

Slapocrites.com

I FEEL YA DAWG

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2013, 09:26:56 PM »
GAY is obviously the smartest guy here

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2013, 10:05:24 PM »
The Gipper may have written 20,000 well-informed essays on Slap over the years. But it would probably have been smarter to put all that effort into something else.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2013, 10:43:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There are a lot of good people here, but the majority here are numbnutted assholes and a great representation of skateboarders on the whole.

I get a kick out of two distinct groups...the lemmings and the cool guys. Lemmings will generally 'back' anything that a worthless asshole like Jason Dill puts out. If a certain pro's name is attached, it's backed. Even though said pro is a pile of garbage. Sheep.

The cool guys will usually chime in with something completely off topic, irrelevant and/or nonsensical whenever the conversation gets too heavy about the business side of skateboarding. As if to remind everyone how lame they are for talking about the $$$ side of skateboarding. They generally hate Nike, Adidas, Converse, etc...when their 'core' brands are doing the exact same thing - in principle - as the evil empires. Then, they wonder why skateboarders get taken advantage of in big business. It's for that exact reason...because their feeble little minds can't understand that even their biggest heroes are making money from skateboarding. They can barely manage their own checking account so they can't possibly feel comfortable talking about the role of money in skateboarding.
[close]
so what is your degree in?
[close]

Psychology from Columbia University. I work with at risk youth in Philly.
[close]

That's rad! I have a sociology degree from the University of Maryland. I'm about to start a job as a case manager at a transitional housing program.
[close]

I'm a year out from a psych degree at the University of Missouri at Kansas City.  I want to do art therapy for people with PTSD.  Apparently I'd be better off going for a Master's, but I think I might find a job first and then look at getting my Master's of Social Work in a year or two.

A friend of mine has an MSW, used to work with kids at juvie. Got so burned out that he now just makes custom guitars. I think he makes more money now, too.

Oh, and since people are throwing it out there: BS, Environmental Studies. Woo woo.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2013, 10:54:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I have a bachelor's degree in nursing and and plan to continue my studies to become a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist).

EDIT:  I believe Rocuronium is a pediatrician.
[close]
Wife is about to get her MSN. Nursing is no joke. Digging impacted feces for 24 bucks an hour.
[close]

I get paid more than that, but I work nights in a Level 1 trauma hospital.  Never had to deal with fecal impactions, but I've seen some crazy shit (I work in a neuro trauma unit).  I can also insert a catheter in with the swiftness.  Haha

Where do you guys live?
[close]

Even on an obese woman? Just fucking around..not gunna Play into the nurse beef.

Edit-Ohio

I kind of get an "out" on female catheter insertion considering I'm a guy and most would rather have a woman do it.  And no nurse beef at all!  We're all in it to save some lives!  One love, mon.  Hahaha

LESBIAN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2013, 11:34:21 PM »
jah!

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2013, 05:15:53 AM »
Expand Quote
i am the smaRTesT. and gipper isnt very smart, he is just relatively knowledgeable. that is, relative to the regular kids he talks down to.
[close]

haha yeah I think he does sorta prey on the weak, that's when he's got the most moxie & confidence. In any debate where the other person isn't regular & actually has a valid point, he usually sabotages himself after a few heated exchanges. "Gipper Status" shouldnt be at the top of the slap intelligence food chain. this would be a very sad & cold place if it was

The Gipper may have written 20,000 well-informed essays on Slap over the years. But it would probably have been smarter to put all that effort into something else.

The top spot was a little tongue in cheek.

I'm not too sure how much having a university degree reflects intelligence either, possibly the opposite.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

plod

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2013, 06:01:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

The top spot was a little tongue in cheek.

I'm not too sure how much having a university degree reflects intelligence either, possibly the opposite.

Yeah I have a honours bachelor of computer science degree and I consider myself pretty dumb. I blame skateboarding weed and alcohol. And slap
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:47:44 AM by plod »

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2013, 06:03:11 AM »
I know right? It's almost like I'm that starved for attention I'm pretending to be a homosexual on a skateboard message board with long winded rants that are both boring and sad. What is a skateboard?

Valid point.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2013, 08:47:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
June 1999.
[close]

Michael Housers' son was my roommate until I transferred to GSU. Athens is fun and all but I dont really like the whole crunchy heady frat boy combo thing its got going on.
[close]
I was never a part of that scene nor was I considered a townie. �Most of my friends were in art school or musicians in local bands or djing at the radio station or just into weird stuff like starting a pirate radio station or whatever. �Square pegs in round holes.
[close]

Well you got lucky then cause after being there for two years I about wanted to jump off the top of the GA theatre.
[close]
I'm sorry they got to you.� I used to deliver pizza for a downtown italian eatery and I used to slow down to let those drunken frat boys cross the street when I was trying to get out of downtown to deliver.� Each time they would take their sweet time and piss me off in the process.� Since I drove stick, I learned that the best way to deal with them was to continue careening toward them in neutral and revving my engine like I was going to plow them down.� Fuckers would run each time.� I learned to apply this to everything that would bother me about them.
[close]

What would probably throw you for a loop these days is the new breed of frat boy. The druggie jam band loving frat boy. They like to talk about crystals, fractals, and also drink and haze. Nowhere Bar is full of those types. I can only explain to so many people why I don't worship Phish like everyone else in Athens.
Who dragged you to the Nowhere Bar?  Roadhouse, Engine Room (or Emergency Room as I called it), Manhattan, and 40 watt was where I frequented.  My college radio buddies would get me on the guest list for pretty much any show I wanted.  I usually drank at my duplex or at neighbors/friends and wouldn't buy more than a pitcher outside.

My wife and I visited Athens last year and we both agreed we were lucky we went to school when we did.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2013, 09:19:34 AM »
Expand Quote
I know right? It's almost like I'm that starved for attention I'm pretending to be a homosexual on a skateboard message board with long winded rants that are both boring and sad. What is a skateboard?
[close]

Valid point.

I can't tell you how happy your confusion about who/what I am makes me.

The fact that I don't entertain you and in fact bore/sadden you? That's tough to take.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:30:48 AM by GAY »

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »
I'm sorry they got to you.  I used to deliver pizza for a downtown italian eatery and I used to slow down to let those drunken frat boys cross the street when I was trying to get out of downtown to deliver.  Each time they would take their sweet time and piss me off in the process. Since I drove stick, I learned that the best way to deal with them was to continue careening toward them in neutral and revving my engine like I was going to plow them down.  Fuckers would run each time.  I learned to apply this to everything that would bother me about them.

You're a good man and more humane than me.  I had a pack of frat fucks try to pull that with me but I kept driving.  One of the dudes thought he was calling my bluff and kept on coming with his brosephs in tow.  I ended up taking him out with my side mirror and checked in the rearview and saw him crumpled over on his knees in the street so I stopped and got out to see if he was ok while his buddies were helping him up.  We started yelling at each, he was bitching about me hitting him and I was bitching about him cracking my mirror and smearing Hawaiian Tropic all over a public roadway and a crowd started to gather.  The drama ended abruptly with mutual "fuck yous" but started to feel like there might be a riot with ol' Seamus mutilated body being paraded through the streets at one point.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Valid point.
[close]

The fact that I don't entertain you and in fact bore/sadden you? That's tough to take.

The only confusion is I can't figure out if you're really this deluded or not. My guess is you are. You negging me tells me that I am getting to you because you fall for it every time. Every single time, like clockwork. It's funny because you are so feeble, but I know I shouldn't laugh at you. The saddest and most hilarious part is you're not even gay.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:37:34 AM by heritage »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2013, 09:39:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Valid point.
[close]

[close]

The only confusion is I can't figure out if you're really this deluded or not. My guess is you are. You negging me tells me that I am getting to you because you fall for it every time. Every single time, like clockwork. It's hilarious, but I know I shouldn't laugh at you.

"Hmmmm.....to respond or not to respond. Heritage has framed his comment in such a way that regardless of my response or non-response, he wins either way. I know! I'll try the same tactic on him!"

If U read this you fell for it.

"Yes! Back to my delusional pretend homosexual life! LOLLOOLLOL"

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2013, 09:42:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Valid point.
[close]

[close]

The only confusion is I can't figure out if you're really this deluded or not. My guess is you are. You negging me tells me that I am getting to you because you fall for it every time. Every single time, like clockwork. It's hilarious, but I know I shouldn't laugh at you.
[close]

"Hmmmm.....to respond or not to respond. Heritage has framed his comment in such a way that regardless of my response or non-response, he wins either way. I know! I'll try the same tactic on him!"

And you keep responding. You can't help yourself. The negs are hilarious.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2013, 09:43:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Valid point.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

And you keep responding. You can't help yourself. The negs are hilarious.

Pot, meet kettle.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm sorry they got to you.  I used to deliver pizza for a downtown italian eatery and I used to slow down to let those drunken frat boys cross the street when I was trying to get out of downtown to deliver.  Each time they would take their sweet time and piss me off in the process. Since I drove stick, I learned that the best way to deal with them was to continue careening toward them in neutral and revving my engine like I was going to plow them down.  Fuckers would run each time.  I learned to apply this to everything that would bother me about them.
[close]

You're a good man and more humane than me.  I had a pack of frat fucks try to pull that with me but I kept driving.  One of the dudes thought he was calling my bluff and kept on coming with his brosephs in tow.  I ended up taking him out with my side mirror and checked in the rearview and saw him crumpled over on his knees in the street so I stopped and got out to see if he was ok while his buddies were helping him up.  We started yelling at each, he was bitching about me hitting him and I was bitching about him cracking my mirror and smearing Hawaiian Tropic all over a public roadway and a crowd started to gather.  The drama ended abruptly with mutual "fuck yous" but started to feel like there might be a riot with ol' Seamus mutilated body being paraded through the streets at one point.
Nah, I was by no means a good man at that point in my life.  To be perfectly honest, depending on my mood, even after they took off running, sometimes I would turn my car in the direction they were running like I really wanted to run them down because I really wanted to run them down.

stab

• Rep: -1
  • Jumping Beans is a cop
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2013, 10:49:04 AM »
I have a BS in chemistry and I'm about 6 months away from starting my Ph.D.  I'm a certified idiot that likes to spend my time playing with a piece of ply-wood around teenagers.

I didn't come here to dream or teach the world things;
define paradigms or curate no living days

UgolinoTheSignificant

• Rep: 15
  • fuck your ottoman.
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2013, 10:59:02 AM »
since you asked, BSc in applied econ from cornell, starting a masters in optics at a "new ivy" lol
You should never trust a man who claims he doesn't know about free internet porn.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2013, 11:09:42 AM »
I went to Berkeley so I'mz hella smartz. I look like this

I wear bow-ties on the daily.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2013, 11:58:26 AM »
i'm a senior in college!
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

stab

• Rep: -1
  • Jumping Beans is a cop
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2013, 12:06:16 PM »
starting a masters in optics at a "new ivy" lol

Is optics a physics or materials science degree?

I didn't come here to dream or teach the world things;
define paradigms or curate no living days