Poll

why have some companies never had any pro black skaters?

why are there so few black pros
14 (56%)
is the industry racist
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Companies who have never had a black pro  (Read 21910 times)

StimCoCruzer

Re: Companies who have never had a black pro
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2013, 10:53:55 AM »
with this thread I learned that blacks think hispanics are both white AND black

zimmerman = hispanic = white

rodrigo tx = hispanic = black

that's that jigaboo logic for ya  ???

ICUSUCKA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2013, 11:02:55 AM »
Think about this what if all of these kids of color who are coming into skateboarding right now, actually had more proportionate role models to look up to. Ones who didn't have to fit into an image of a company (the company was actually open minded and embraced diversity), but on how they skated and could be themselves. Just because you don't understand a culture doesn't make it wrong. How could this help the direction of skating in the future?

I believe it would usher in a whole new light, perspective, ideas, creativity and influence that could help skating in the long run. How could it not, because the demographics are changing so rapidly. People are scared of change and holding on to their status its natural. But, by doing this we also put up walls to change, cause stagnation, and turn people away.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »
this is the worst thread ever

malcyvelli

« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2013, 11:20:46 AM »

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2013, 12:16:33 PM »

iSk84thechicas

• Rep: -47
  • Thats right - Her AND her cousin
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2013, 12:39:32 PM »
companies arent going to turn some dude pro just because they're good and or because of the color of their skin. they do so because the skater fits in with the rest of the team or some image the team is making and obviously because they're killing it meanwhile. Shurikan Shannon is a good example being he was on Black Label. those dudes always had some punk hesh vibe that no one else would want to be a part of. obviously shurikan, being on pig prior, was into such vibes and got on label. There are tons of black skateboarders that rip, I live in the suburbs of chicago area, I've seen em and I'm sure there are more scattered across the states ready to turn pro for companies if they get along with the other riders. If there was a black dude who looked like dylan Reider and let ed Templeton draw him naked I'm sure he'd be on Toy in a heartbeat. Its not racist to not like someones attitude... i.e. Darrell Stanton...

Very good point and I agree.

-"...Because we all know if Baker were Guns N Roses, Braydon would be Steven Adler..."

- "When I'm not getting laid , I'm hauling myself down a 5 flat 5....Time to man up son!"

StimCoCruzer

« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2013, 12:46:38 PM »
Think about this what if all of these kids of color who are coming into skateboarding right now, actually had more proportionate role models to look up to. Ones who didn't have to fit into an image of a company (the company was actually open minded and embraced diversity), but on how they skated and could be themselves. Just because you don't understand a culture doesn't make it wrong. How could this help the direction of skating in the future?

I believe it would usher in a whole new light, perspective, ideas, creativity and influence that could help skating in the long run. How could it not, because the demographics are changing so rapidly. People are scared of change and holding on to their status its natural. But, by doing this we also put up walls to change, cause stagnation, and turn people away.

this must be your favorite brand then. it fits all your requirements for a black brand. they're not trying to fit in, they're being themselves, and look what kind of role model they choose to be. real positive chief.

ICUSUCKA

« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »
Lets look at another avenue of the skate industry then to emphasize the point: The skate media. In all of the magazines how many Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians write or work for the magazines? All I can think of is Atiba and Cylde  (one is a photographer, and one a short lived guest columnist), and maybe Gaberman/Jai can't tell what they are though. So, if we have nothing but white guys controlling the media, and the industry you can really say that this industry is open? That is like saying Fox news is fair and balanced, especially if you have no one truly representing you or view points.

This white privilege mentality is what has caused us to close our borders to immigrants, caused a massive brain drain from our country, and brought us the highest prison population in the free world. The funny thing is with all this going on our country in ruin they still want to deny it even when its staring them in the face. The skate industry is going to keep following suite, because they are conducting themselves in the same manner.

Sorry, not to critique something trivial like Dylan and his fashion or who has done the best tic-tac ever in the history of skateboarding. Unfortunately, everyone wants to be ultra cool in the skate industry and pat each other on the back, and say good job.  Instead, by opening these doors we generate a new audience, keep that audience, create more jobs, and money in return. There would be more companies, and more opportunities for people to be AM/Pro, and more appeal for a global reach. There is a lot of room for growth in skateboarding and this is the avenue for it.

joebudden

• Rep: -51
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »
you fukkkin crakkkas dont want niggas to have jack shit

the nigga Rodnegro is a BLACK MAN

most of the people in brazil are BLACK and im happy to have him reppin us globally

Clownbaby

• Rep: -1
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2013, 01:29:33 PM »

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2013, 01:42:29 PM »
Yea, you're right, I just wouldn't place him in like the category of being black because he was born and raised in Brazil, I don't really define being black solely by skin color whereas with culture, just cause you're dark doesn't mean that you're black necessarily which kinda poses the question of is being defined "black" more of a culture or an actual race?

i agree this thread sucks but at least we have gems like this to keep it... uh... interesting.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2013, 02:01:27 PM »
with this thread I learned that blacks think hispanics are both white AND black

zimmerman = hispanic = white

rodrigo tx = hispanic = black

that's that jigaboo logic for ya  ???

Haha, Stemco talking about logic.

StimCoCruzer

Rep: -47

RFID microchips mandatory rollout in Wyoming - all gov. workers, cops, military
? on: July 28, 2013, 04:47:58 PM ?
Obamacare Mandatory RFID Chipping Now Being Implemented In Wyoming - only posting because a few months ago several SLAPPERS didnt believe it and called me nuts in another thread about obozocare

By : Matt Winkeljohn ? http://www.resistthetyranny.com

Yet another fatal blow to American privacy and liberties.

In Hanna, Wyoming, the Obamacare RFID chips are currently being ?test ran.?

Over the last two weeks there has been legislation that has passed that mandates anyone who is receiving government welfare or any sort of government assistance, to get the RFID implant.  It doesn?t stop with welfare recipients though.  This fascist invasion extends to all Police officers, military and even garbage men will be required to have the RFID chip by the end of next month or face termination from their jobs.

Tammy Josephine Laurence, a single mother of three, who is currently accepting housing assistance, was mandated to get the chip..this is what she had to say about it.

?Well, they said I better do this, or they was gonna cut the welfare. I?m a full time single mother. I got three young kids that need me at all hours and ain?t no man to help. I didn?t have no choice??

Laurence also said that she felt the procedure was very invasive.  She described it as ?a little like giving blood? and she was ?very tired afterwards.?

Hanna Mayor Ted Howell, who fully supports the RFID tracking, had this to say about the mandate..

?This is change for a better, safer America? and ?With this scientific advancement, the terrorists do not stand a chance? USA will prevail??

Howell also volunteered to get the RFID chip, in an attempt to show his support for the program.

According to Mayor Howell, this sort of technology is going to protect Americans from terrorism, when in fact, RFID chipping itself is an act of terrorism against Americans.

Do you remember when people were called ?conspiracy theorists? when they said there was going to be mandatory RFID tracking with Obamacare?  Well, it would appear the ?conspiracy theorists? were right once again and all along.

http://beforeitsnews.com/science-and-technology/2013/07/obamacare-mandatory-rfid-chipping-now-being-implemented-in-wyoming-2622262.html

Your posts in this thread make me wonder if your schizophrenia is entirely race influenced.

Edit: link to the thread so you can read people making fun of stemco if you wish: http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=71930.0
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:05:10 PM by ChronicBluntSlider »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2013, 02:30:59 PM »

most of the people in brazil are BLACK and im happy to have him reppin us globally

So is Tommy Sandavol, his dad is black!!

joebudden

« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2013, 03:11:01 PM »
no....no hes not

we aint claimin him

i tell you who is tho

THE GREAT BASTIEN SALABANZI GOTDAMMIT

according to most of yall crakkkas logic he aint a BLACK MAN either

cuz hes from france...but lil do yall know he was born in the CONGO

*pops in really sorry* while yall idiot crakkkas continue to eat mad dicks

in other gems

Ishod winning the maloof south africa joint was redemption

a BLACK MAN winning the biggest contest in the world in AFRICAN skating against another AFRICAN is monufuckingmental

shout out tommy fynn and the light skinneded massive

every black kid should see this

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -258
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2013, 03:24:52 PM »
no....no hes not

we aint claimin him

i tell you who is tho

THE GREAT BASTIEN SALABANZI GOTDAMMIT

according to most of yall crakkkas logic he aint a BLACK MAN either

cuz hes from france...but lil do yall know he was born in the CONGO

*pops in really sorry* while yall idiot crakkkas continue to eat mad dicks

in other gems

Ishod winning the maloof south africa joint was redemption

a BLACK MAN winning the biggest contest in the world in AFRICAN skating against another AFRICAN is monufuckingmental

shout out tommy fynn and the light skinneded massive

every black kid should see this

Just stop. Please.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »
StimCo and Joebudden are both racists. Nothing new was learned.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

joebudden

« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2013, 03:43:12 PM »
im not racist

mike carroll is my favorite skater sir

rly

• Rep: 0
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »
Shoutouts to JoeBudden for my internet-administered dose of stupidity for the week.

malcyvelli

« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2013, 05:11:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Yea, you're right, I just wouldn't place him in like the category of being black because he was born and raised in Brazil, I don't really define being black solely by skin color whereas with culture, just cause you're dark doesn't mean that you're black necessarily which kinda poses the question of is being defined "black" more of a culture or an actual race?
[close]

i agree this thread sucks but at least we have gems like this to keep it... uh... interesting.

Lol I'm not sure whether you're somewhat giving props or scrutiny but seriously, if we're talking about strictly somewhat African ethnicity then this thread has no fucking point in existing let alone being contributed to because that shit goes worldwide for the most part, Canada, Europe, America all have numerous relevant pros in the game and it's pretty obvious but if the question is based from something deeper than just skin tone then it bottlenecks alot of shit, I'm just saying...

ICUSUCKA

« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »
Hell, lets even look at current rosters shall we:

Anti Hero; 6  pros- 1 black
Real; 11 pros - 2 are black
Krooked 4 pros - 0 black

Alien: 8 pros- 0 black
Habitat 9 pros - 0 black

Enjoi 7 pros - 0 black
Almost  5 pros - 0 black
Cliche  8 pros - 0 black
Blind 5 pros - 1 black

Flip - 9 pros - 0 black
Santa Cruz  4 pros - 1 black
Creature 6 pros - 0 black

Baker 10 pros - 2 black
Deathwish - 7 pros - 0 black
Heroin 6 pros - 0 black

Toy Machine 10 pros - 0 black
Foundation 5 pros - 0 black

Girl 10 pros - 1 black
Chocolate 12 pros - 0 black
Skate mental 4 pros - 0 black
3D 3 pros - 0 black

L.E 5 pros - 0 black
Skate Mafia  8 pros - 2 are black
Black Label 4 pros - 0 black

Zero 6 pros - 0 black
Slave 4 pros -0 black
Mystery 3 pros- 1 black

Plan B 6 pros - 0 black
Birdhouse 6 pros - 0 black
Element 9 pros- 2 are black
Stereo 3 pros - 0 black
Think 5 pros - 1 black
Zoo york 6 pros - 1 black
Hopps 3 pros- 1 black

DGK 8 pros - 4 are black
Expedition 7 pros -  0 black
Organica 4 pros - 1 black

That is 240 pros, and 21 of them are black that means only 9%. That is the worst representation of any sport I can think of where there is clearly more participation by a demographic. That is systematic racism to under-represent a population that is participating or at least trying too. How the fuck can you defend that? Look at those fucking numbers and tell me that is not fucked up we are in 2013 and this shit is clear as day. The point of this writing is to wake people up to what is going on within this industry. There is no way they can defend themselves or justify this behavior. This is out of the 38 companies that are more widely recognized. I didn't put some in here like World, 1031, Jart, etc for whatever reason. Was looking at more of the obvious companies. This info was taken from the companies own website.

Now, lets here more from the slap forum about how they would like to segregate skateboarding even more, there isn't a problem, this is the worst thread ever, or there are a ton of black pros in skateboarding, really?

Radbloke

• Rep: 75
  • Quit jivin me, turkey.
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »
This is some fuckin Anthony Mundine mentality right here. Things aren't going your way? Racism! I understand that although it shouldn't be, racism is still a large problem in our society. But just because your skills on a board with wheels aren't good enough for you to quit your day job, it is remiss like a motherfucker to blame it on whitey.

malcyvelli

« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2013, 07:42:06 PM »

Anti Hero; 6� pros- 1 black
Krooked 4 pros - 0 black

Habitat 9 pros - 0 black

Enjoi 7 pros - 0 black
Almost� 5 pros - 0 black
Cliche� 8 pros - 0 black
Blind 5 pros - 1 black

Flip - 9 pros - 0 black
Santa Cruz� 4 pros - 1 black

Baker 10 pros - 2 black
Heroin 6 pros - 0 black

Girl 10 pros - 1 black
3D 3 pros - 0 black

L.E 5 pros - 0 black
Skate Mafia� 8 pros - 2 are black

Zero 6 pros - 0 black
Slave 4 pros -0 black
Mystery 3 pros- 1 black

Plan B 6 pros - 0 black
Stereo 3 pros - 0 black
Think 5 pros - 1 black
Hopps 3 pros- 1 black

DGK 8 pros - 4 are black
Expedition 7 pros -� 0 black

That is 240 pros, and 21 of them are black that means only 9%. That is the worst representation of any sport I can think of where there is clearly more participation by a demographic. That is systematic racism to under-represent a population that is participating or at least trying too. How the fuck can you defend that? Look at those fucking numbers and tell me that is not fucked up we are in 2013 and this shit is clear as day. The point of this writing is to wake people up to what is going on within this industry. There is no way they can defend themselves or justify this behavior. This is out of the 38 companies that are more widely recognized. I didn't put some in here like World, 1031, Jart, etc for whatever reason. Was looking at more of the obvious companies. This info was taken from the companies own website.

Now, lets here more from the slap forum about how they would like to segregate skateboarding even more, there isn't a problem, this is the worst thread ever, or there are a ton of black pros in skateboarding, really?

First off, you're leaving out a shit ton of brands that do have blacks pros on their current roster, plus some of the ones you mentioned definitely have had black pros in the past, Flip is one of them, I think I understand the overall concept of what you;re trying to say but you're going about it all wrong...

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2013, 08:26:22 PM »

Krooked 4 pros - 0 black

Habitat 9 pros - 0 black

Enjoi 7 pros - 0 black
Almost  5 pros - 0 black
Cliche  8 pros - 0 black
Blind 5 pros - 1 black

Flip - 9 pros - 0 black

Baker 10 pros - 2 black
Heroin 6 pros - 0 black

Girl 10 pros - 1 black
3D 3 pros - 0 black

L.E 5 pros - 0 black

Zero 6 pros - 0 black
Slave 4 pros -0 black
Mystery 3 pros- 1 black

Plan B 6 pros - 0 black
Stereo 3 pros - 0 black
Think 5 pros - 1 black
Hopps 3 pros- 1 black

DGK 8 pros - 4 are black

So, you want to kick half the pros off their current teams and replace them with black guys, purely on a basis of skin colour?

Sounds a bit racist to me.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

93tilinfinity

« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2013, 09:13:50 PM »

Krooked 4 pros - 0 black

Habitat 9 pros - 0 black

Enjoi 7 pros - 0 black
Almost  5 pros - 0 black
Cliche  8 pros - 0 black
Blind 5 pros - 1 black

Flip - 9 pros - 0 black

Baker 10 pros - 2 black
Heroin 6 pros - 0 black

Girl 10 pros - 1 black
3D 3 pros - 0 black

L.E 5 pros - 0 black

Zero 6 pros - 0 black
Slave 4 pros -0 black
Mystery 3 pros- 1 black

Plan B 6 pros - 0 black
Stereo 3 pros - 0 black
Think 5 pros - 1 black
Hopps 3 pros- 1 black

DGK 8 pros - 4 are black

Wow, you are fuckin' regular.

iSk84thechicas

• Rep: -47
  • Thats right - Her AND her cousin
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2013, 10:31:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sandoval's Dad- Back this shit up with some evidence....This is the second time i've seen this from somebody

-"...Because we all know if Baker were Guns N Roses, Braydon would be Steven Adler..."

- "When I'm not getting laid , I'm hauling myself down a 5 flat 5....Time to man up son!"

FatKid89

• Rep: -2
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2013, 10:41:34 PM »
According to your statistics 9% of pro skateboarders are black.
According to the US Census 13% of Americans are black.
Not a big difference.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2013, 11:04:45 PM »
This whole topic has to be some troll stuff

To decide if there really was racisms against "black" people in skateboarding you would have to do a study of how many are qualified to become Pros . And since companies can turn anyone pro for pretty much anything from markability to best friends forever pro  . How do you check the stats ?

Its also weird to claim a company is racist when they have latinos , caucasian , asian , african and all other types of races and mixed races on their flow , am  and pro teams . Why would a company have a black skater on flow or am and then prevent that person from becoming pro ?

Bringing up Slave and Zero is also confusing since Mystery has a black Pro . Why would a company ban black people on 2 branches of the company but allow it on the third when there is interaction betwen the companies ?

Dark skinned people from brazil are decendents of african slaves brought to brazil , original population was indians . Excluding Rodrigo TX from being "black " is weird

If you are going to claim somebody is a racist or a company is racist you should have more to back it up then " where is your black pro ?"
You would have to check all the company workers , managers , warehouse workers , webdesigners , woodshop workers , flow team , AMs and Pros

A company with all types of races in the warehouse , 20 black kids in europe and america on the flow team and 1 black AM shouldnt be considerd racist because they never had a black Pro

^^^THIS
end thread/

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2013, 11:25:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Sandoval's Dad- Back this shit up with some evidence....This is the second time i've seen this from somebody

trying to find the interview, I think it was in Thrasher.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2013, 11:32:48 PM »
Expand Quote

Krooked 4 pros - 0 black

Habitat 9 pros - 0 black

Enjoi 7 pros - 0 black
Almost  5 pros - 0 black
Cliche  8 pros - 0 black
Blind 5 pros - 1 black

Flip - 9 pros - 0 black

Baker 10 pros - 2 black
Heroin 6 pros - 0 black

Girl 10 pros - 1 black
3D 3 pros - 0 black

L.E 5 pros - 0 black

Zero 6 pros - 0 black
Slave 4 pros -0 black
Mystery 3 pros- 1 black

Plan B 6 pros - 0 black
Stereo 3 pros - 0 black
Think 5 pros - 1 black
Hopps 3 pros- 1 black

DGK 8 pros - 4 are black

[close]

So, you want to kick half the pros off their current teams and replace them with black guys, purely on a basis of skin colour?

Sounds a bit racist to me.
Nope. Not what he is saying at all.

According to your statistics 9% of pro skateboarders are black.
According to the US Census 13% of Americans are black.
Not a big difference.
That's about 50% more African Americans in the general population than are represented here, which is actually statistically significant.

Stimcocruzer has to be a troll. He comes off as some fat white kid in the country who spends all of his time worrying about how he's going to "get my country back"
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

firstmiddlelast

• Rep: 1
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2013, 07:42:23 AM »
First post ever.

I am the first person to believe that a secret cabal of rich, white, heterosexual, christian men are conspiring to oppress the masses. I just don't see that happening in skateboarding.  9% v. 13% may not be perfect but it isn't terrible. There are very real problems in society with racism, sexism, homophobia, and most notable an inequality in the distribution of wealth and I think it belittles those problems by creating one in skating where it does not seem to exist.  I think that skateboarders taken as a whole are more open minded than the average american and skating unites all people of varying backgrounds. if you go to any skatepark you see people of different ages, races and socioeconomic standing all happily coexisting...this is rare in society at large. We should be happy to be a part of a culture that embraces diversity and not try and tear it apart looking for problems that don't feel real.

Also, who exactly are these oppressors? Let's just look at Deluxe. Anti-Hero (16%), Real (18%) and Krooked (O%) so Deluxe as a whole = 14%. Is there a problem there?  Who would be the vile racist in the powers that be at Deluxe? Thiebaud, Reyes, Stranger or Gonzales? Really? Additionally, Stereo has 0% according to your chart, so are you alleging that Pastras is trying to keep black people out of skating? 

If you really want there to find discrimination in the skate industry then a bigger problem is the tendency for companies to hook up kids who do not really need the financial backing. It is much easier for a upper middle class kid to get noticed by a team.  They generally have to have enough disposable income to have access to a camera and editing software as well as enough money to travel to different spots etc. How is an impoverished kid supposed to compete with that?