Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 240363 times)

Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -43
  • CRUSTY PALMS
    • // 1017 GLO GANG // FREE MAX B // FREE GUCCI // STREET MONEY // BLACKLAND // HOTHEADS // FUCKOUTTAHERE // avatar image
Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #960 on: March 21, 2014, 01:56:20 AM »
This video was a shocker. Bill has some great music taste for a geazer
| FUCK JAMIE THOMAS | IT'S CURTAINS |

david_cas_cas

• Rep: -4
« Reply #961 on: March 21, 2014, 02:12:41 AM »
the ollie over the homeless nigga was the funniest thing i have seen in a while.

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #962 on: March 21, 2014, 02:22:58 AM »
I liked it

Yeah, me too. It was pretty good.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -267
« Reply #963 on: March 21, 2014, 02:26:40 AM »
Hipster bullshit aside, Dylan straight up is on another level right now.

... Besides Dylan, If you skate with you're shirt tucked in, you fucking suck, and you look really stupid.

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #964 on: March 21, 2014, 02:31:24 AM »

... Besides Dylan, If you skate with you're shirt tucked in, you fucking suck, and you look really stupid.

post a fit

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -267
« Reply #965 on: March 21, 2014, 02:35:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

post a fit

LOL @ you

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #966 on: March 21, 2014, 03:09:00 AM »
liked it a lot more than i thought i would. also looks like everyone had to get an asshole themed clip #very edgy #very new yorker #olson most valuable douche award

wigs

« Reply #967 on: March 21, 2014, 03:19:29 AM »

"hipster bullshit" is the worst, i just wish i knew what it meant.  ???

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -7
« Reply #968 on: March 21, 2014, 03:52:48 AM »
dylans definitely the MVP of the video. dude just redrum'd some spots. the only other guy to do anything up that gap is westgate. you know you're in good company if you can say that.

pappalardo seemed like an asshole with the way he was talking to that crack addict. pops is only a few steps removed from that guy.

guy mariano and omar salazar surprise. that was pretty cool.

i think paulo diaz surprisingly had some of the best "new" tricks in there. felt like a really cool throwback without feeling forced. so many kids are going to be half flipping their boards now. also that no grab airwalk was siiiick. that was a smart addition on strobecks part.

alex's metal wallride couldve been really sick but strobeck keeps moving around. its a setpiece spot, keep the fucking camera in one place so its easier to enjoy the trick. wtf was that? the trick on the ping pong table also seemed really sick but its too bad i cant really see it. and then the massive barrier ollie. is he shaking the camera around on purpose? i dont get it. hes a good filmer. i dont know why i have such high expectations of alex everytime hes in a video, and it leads to massive disappointment everytime i see him skate on film. everything was sick but he has like 15 tricks total, i thought he was going to have a ton of shit like dylan did.

if antuwan was in this you guys would all be crying about how supreme was exploiting him for the money, but since its young black kids you guys are cool? i dont get how that works.

tyshawn is fucking great, lots of good tricks, dude really went for it. it sucks he didnt have a real part though. the lifestyle stuff reminds me of knox gadoy, dudes definitely going to be huge. hes got the skating and the personality.

honestly aside from tyshawn the rest of them are pretty underwhelming. for how hyped they are, i was expecting some mindblowing shit.

but whoever did the lipslide with the two benches on each side, that was sick.

also sean pablo looks like he's forcing his style hard.

dill and ave were sick, nothing too crazy but it was solid stuff, i guess theyre saving the heavy stuff for the vans video?

music was good. janes addiction and INXS were a nice touch. the video seemed like chickenbonenowison but in HD and with way more pretense. beagle and reynolds should get a shout out or something.

the video was good but not really what i was expecting at all. didn't like how it was in montages. makes it hard to rewatch this video in pieces but i suppose that might be what he wanted?

i get where the hype is coming from but with the amount of sameness in this video im surprised you guys are so hyped on it.

Pretty much my take on the video as well. Dylan has the best stuff out of the whole video. Gnarly! Guy and BA both really stood out from the rest of their montage. That pretty much says it all: the rest is not really up to par. Was the skating in this revolutionary in any way? I don't think so. Quite to the contrary. Nakel Smith, Kevin Bradley, and Tyshawn Jones all skate really well though. They'll make their way. Sean Pablo and the rest of the crew skate like washed out pros (i.e. Olson and Pops). But hey, at least their "fits" look good. Their ollies, 50-50s, and no-complies... not so much.

All in all an average video. Worth the watch but nothing that stands out. I'm glad I didn't spend any money on it. Shit like that should be free considering what other companies put out.

PS: That fs 180 fakie 5-0 kickflip out from Koston reminded me of his skating during his prime.

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #969 on: March 21, 2014, 04:12:47 AM »
Koston had some cool stuff, especially the JB trick on the bank to ledge.
BA had the best line of the video, no surprise there.
Tyshawn's tricks into the bank were really sick.
Obviously, Dylan.,.;: had the best stuff in there. Somewhere in Germany, Arne is going to have a field day with his footage.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #970 on: March 21, 2014, 04:16:32 AM »
Just downloaded it..  Nakel is so sick, dude just goes for it. Sheffey 2.0.  That would also make Tyshawn, Lavar 2.0.  Kev is super good too.  Sage really surprised me, seems like he's only getting better too...    I mean, did you really have to grab dude's camera shit?  As a fellow photographer, I am appalled..  Looked like an expensive one too..  I try to like that guy, but he's been hitting the kook bong a little too hard lately..  Listening to Dill talk almost ruined his skating for me..  Raekwon saves the day yet again.  SOMEONE MAKE A GIF OF DILL SLAPPING HIMSELF.  Last two montage were the best..  Really just can't get over how pretentious most of these guys are though..  I mean..  Its skateboarding..  Not some art-house project produced by Gus Van Sant. Less huge egos..
Stop trying to compare and label people you knob.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #971 on: March 21, 2014, 04:33:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Could someone with way more free time than me re-edit the video into standard parts? I feel like seeing it that way would be sick.
[close]

God your need to have everything all lined up and neat is so pathetic.

You're right. I'm clearly a pathetic individual due to my desire to watch some guys' footage and not watch others' without skipping all over the place.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #972 on: March 21, 2014, 05:28:21 AM »
Wasn't expecting all that BA and girl footage, it was actually more than pretty sweet? Koston too..
anyway stoked on the video super rad skating music filming everything, and some of the disguises were really funny
The whole jean claude vandamme monoskiing kit is hilarious.

JerrySeinfeld

« Reply #973 on: March 21, 2014, 06:08:29 AM »
I'm in shock about how long this has been on youtube.

concealer611

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #974 on: March 21, 2014, 06:50:42 AM »
Great video, Strobeck has a great eye for the streets! This video definitely makes me want to go skate downtown.

I was really impressed with Tyshawn and Sage out of all the FA kids, the kickflip by Bradley was insane, would have loved to see another angle as well though.

Dylan stole the show though, his pop and tricks are on another level right now. Good to see guys like him and Westgate really bringing pop, finesse and power back. Very enjoyable to watch him skating over picnic tables.

When does this come out on iTunes? I need to pick this one up.

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #975 on: March 21, 2014, 06:53:27 AM »
LOVE IT.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #976 on: March 21, 2014, 06:54:52 AM »
wow. i didnt really know what to expect from this video, but it was a million times better than i anticipated. i said "wow" out loud multiple times during dylans part. everyone killed it. i really wanted to see gonz land that pivot stall over that bar!

my girlfriend just ordered a copy for me for my birthday so im really stoked!

gnars for anyone who can make a gif of BA doing that switch tre in the wings jersey.

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #977 on: March 21, 2014, 06:56:51 AM »
Strobeck did a really amazing job on that video! Only bone to pick is his inclusion of Dielon's girlfriend...weak and unnecessary social nod?

JerrySeinfeld

« Reply #978 on: March 21, 2014, 07:00:28 AM »
Just finished watching it. Definitely a fresh take with great skating. At the end of it I wanted to go out and skate, which for me is a sign of a good video.

bottom feeder

• Rep: -1
« Reply #979 on: March 21, 2014, 07:02:34 AM »
So much good shit in this. I'm probably going to buy this even though i watched it on youtube.

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #980 on: March 21, 2014, 07:08:52 AM »
YOU MUTHER FUCKAS ARE CRAZY

DEF DRINKING THE DICK RIDING COOL AID THIS SHIT WAS BORDERLINE UNWATCHABLE

IT SEEMS LIKE ITS FILMED WITH A FLIP CAM AND JUST ADDED A B/W INSTAGRAM FILTER TO IT --

THEY "SUPREME" WATCHED SOME OLD VIDEOS MAYBE SOME QUATERSNACKS SHIT AND THE OLD SHAKEJUNT VIDEO MIXED WITH THAT SHORTYS HARDWARE VIDEO AND SAID JUST GO OUT AND MAKE A MONTAGE ADD SOME TITS AND SOME CURSING FROM LIL KIDS AND WE WILL SELL IT.. 

I TURNED THAT SHIT OFF

THE MONTAGE FACTOR TOTALLY KILLED IT FOR ME I DONT KNOW WHO HALF THIS ASSHOLE KIDS ARE NOR DO I EVER WISH TO KNOW.

THIS SHIT WAS UNENJOYABLE AND NOT WORTH THE HYPE AT ALL ..

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
« Reply #981 on: March 21, 2014, 07:12:15 AM »
it was pretty cool. that sage dude and alex olson are rad. andrew allens 180 switch 180 at that bank to ledge was awesome. dylan rieder is really good, but i dont find him entertaining to watch

PumpkinEsc0bar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • cleaner than a broke dick dog
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #982 on: March 21, 2014, 07:17:46 AM »
The best shit was from the real pros, and Kevin Bradley.

I thought AO would have more footage. I feel like every single trick he had was a photo one way or another.. you'd think he'd have more with how much him and Strobeck flirt with each other.

Dylan and Bradley had the most "wow-factor" for me.

Overall.. an okay video. I wish it wasn't in montage form

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #983 on: March 21, 2014, 07:24:16 AM »
Just finished watching it. Definitely a fresh take with great skating. At the end of it I wanted to go out and skate, which for me is a sign of a good video.

I'd say this videos biggest influences are EE3 and KIDS. Not really so fresh, just the current climate is pretty stale.

Koston did have some sick stuff in here.

I do really enjoy the extra street stuff, used to be more of a fixture in vids.

Finally, the burning question is: How much coke did Dill blow to film his tricks? Holy coke nose!
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #984 on: March 21, 2014, 07:34:31 AM »
YOU MUTHER FUCKAS ARE CRAZY

DEF DRINKING THE DICK RIDING COOL AID THIS SHIT WAS BORDERLINE UNWATCHABLE

IT SEEMS LIKE ITS FILMED WITH A FLIP CAM AND JUST ADDED A B/W INSTAGRAM FILTER TO IT --

THEY "SUPREME" WATCHED SOME OLD VIDEOS MAYBE SOME QUATERSNACKS SHIT AND THE OLD SHAKEJUNT VIDEO MIXED WITH THAT SHORTYS HARDWARE VIDEO AND SAID JUST GO OUT AND MAKE A MONTAGE ADD SOME TITS AND SOME CURSING FROM LIL KIDS AND WE WILL SELL IT.. 

I TURNED THAT SHIT OFF

THE MONTAGE FACTOR TOTALLY KILLED IT FOR ME I DONT KNOW WHO HALF THIS ASSHOLE KIDS ARE NOR DO I EVER WISH TO KNOW.

THIS SHIT WAS UNENJOYABLE AND NOT WORTH THE HYPE AT ALL ..

Been waiting for the 5inchDick weigh-in.  Hahaha

pepperpotts

• Rep: -33
« Reply #985 on: March 21, 2014, 07:37:25 AM »
pops  is just sad to watch now.. wish he just never stepped foot on a skateboard again after mosaic

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #986 on: March 21, 2014, 07:39:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd say this videos biggest influences are EE3 and KIDS. Not really so fresh, just the current climate is pretty stale.

Koston did have some sick stuff in here.

I do really enjoy the extra street stuff, used to be more of a fixture in vids.

Finally, the burning question is: How much coke did Dill blow to film his tricks? Holy coke nose!

pretty sure he's been sober for like 3 or more years now.

gearingupforgettingdown

• Rep: -149
« Reply #987 on: March 21, 2014, 07:39:28 AM »
You know you're old and don't understand "skateboarding" these days  when so many people can bypass that ridiculous, over exaggerated fake style Dylan Reider has and everyone loves him and he's in the cool kids club?!. I f*cking hate that dude more than anything. Back in the days, that dude would've been ostracized. Skateboarding sucks now.

Bobbydoof

« Reply #988 on: March 21, 2014, 07:39:43 AM »
one of the best videos i've ever seen

BARACKOBAMA

• Rep: 6
  • yeah niah
« Reply #989 on: March 21, 2014, 07:42:06 AM »
You know you're old and don't understand "skateboarding" these days  when so many people can bypass that ridiculous, over exaggerated fake style Dylan Reider has and everyone loves him and he's in the cool kids club?!. I f*cking hate that dude more than anything. Back in the days, that dude would've been ostracized. Skateboarding sucks now.

back in the day gay kids were getting brutally beaten and raping women was chill, times have changed. shut the fuck up old man