Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239754 times)

tortfeasor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #990 on: March 21, 2014, 07:43:03 AM »
i am leaving work early to do skate today. that was awesome. will buy on itunes.  

please do b-sides.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #991 on: March 21, 2014, 07:48:37 AM »
one of the best videos i've ever seen

YOU SHOULD DIE TIED TO A CHAIR IN A GAY BAR WAITING TO GET GANG RAPED BY GAY HYPEBEAST FAGS

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #992 on: March 21, 2014, 07:53:17 AM »
That was a pretty nice watch, so much sick stuff, kinda hard to remember too many tricks, since it was like a montage thing, but whatever. Overall feel was great, good music, some artsy stuff and weird filming in there, and the main focus was on skating. Dylan was gnarly and the kid with the afro too. Nice to see new kinda good Koston stuff.

Pappalardo looks like he was on a board for the first time in ten years, I can't understand how someone can fall of so hard, since I know a lot of people that didn't even touch a skateboard for 5-7 years and caught up quick and even started progressing again. That rant about converse fuckin him up seems laughable now.

AO sucks. Also that asian guy with the incredibly long legs has the worst style.

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #993 on: March 21, 2014, 07:54:42 AM »
I thought the video was dope for sure. Super dope.

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #994 on: March 21, 2014, 07:59:48 AM »
wow anthony pappalardo is actually a really bad skater now

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #995 on: March 21, 2014, 08:00:34 AM »
It was tight it was aight should come out with a parts remix though gonna have to watch it again to fully digest it

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #996 on: March 21, 2014, 08:07:30 AM »
 :o

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #997 on: March 21, 2014, 08:18:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just finished watching it. Definitely a fresh take with great skating. At the end of it I wanted to go out and skate, which for me is a sign of a good video.
[close]

I'd say this videos biggest influences are EE3 and KIDS. Not really so fresh, just the current climate is pretty stale.

Koston did have some sick stuff in here.

I do really enjoy the extra street stuff, used to be more of a fixture in vids.

Finally, the burning question is: How much coke did Dill blow to film his tricks? Holy coke nose!
[close]

pretty sure he's been sober for like 3 or more years now.

Shit. He must have picked up a long term nose injury then, may be just habit?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #998 on: March 21, 2014, 08:22:17 AM »
So there was an SF premier? I didn't even know..does anybody have any info where and when it was?

nothing's been the since same

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #999 on: March 21, 2014, 08:26:59 AM »
Pretty fucking rad start to finish and it was good to see Arne Stein finally getting his due.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1000 on: March 21, 2014, 08:30:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just finished watching it. Definitely a fresh take with great skating. At the end of it I wanted to go out and skate, which for me is a sign of a good video.
[close]

I'd say this videos biggest influences are EE3 and KIDS. Not really so fresh, just the current climate is pretty stale.

Koston did have some sick stuff in here.

I do really enjoy the extra street stuff, used to be more of a fixture in vids.

Finally, the burning question is: How much coke did Dill blow to film his tricks? Holy coke nose!
[close]

pretty sure he's been sober for like 3 or more years now.
[close]

Shit. He must have picked up a long term nose injury then, may be just habit?
If you've done enough coke you can rot your septum out and destroy the tissue between your nose and orbital socket and the sinus tissue leading to your throat causing your nose to drip non stop. It becomes necrotic and doesn't repair itself so you need surgery. Not saying this has happened to Dill but it happens. Dill has said in interviews that his version of sober differs from others as in he takes pills to get on an airplane where as others in recovery won't take any pharmaceuticals.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #1001 on: March 21, 2014, 08:36:29 AM »
I laughed so hard when that dude was talking to Gonz about painting that wall and later on he actually does.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1002 on: March 21, 2014, 08:38:21 AM »
Expand Quote
You know you're old and don't understand "skateboarding" these days  when so many people can bypass that ridiculous, over exaggerated fake style Dylan Reider has and everyone loves him and he's in the cool kids club?!. I f*cking hate that dude more than anything. Back in the days, that dude would've been ostracized. Skateboarding sucks now.
[close]

back in the day gay kids were getting brutally beaten and raping women was chill, times have changed. shut the fuck up old man

Yah go take a nap old man.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1003 on: March 21, 2014, 08:44:30 AM »
Expand Quote
dylans definitely the MVP of the video. too many good tricks to name and none of it was cliched or anything. dude just redrum'd some spots. the only other guy to do anything up that gap is westgate. you know you're in good company if you can say that.

pappalardo seemed like an asshole with the way he was talking to that crack addict.

guy mariano and omar salazar surprise. that was pretty cool.

i think paulo diaz surprisingly had some of the best "new" tricks in there. felt like a really cool throwback without feeling forced. so many kids are going to be half flipping their boards now. also that no grab airwalk was siiiick. that was a smart addition on strobecks part.

alex's metal wallride couldve been really sick but strobeck keeps moving around. its a setpiece spot, keep the fucking camera in one place so its easier to enjoy the trick. wtf was that? the trick on the ping pong table also seemed really sick but its too bad i cant really see it. and then the massive barrier ollie. is he shaking the camera around on purpose? i dont get it. hes a good filmer. i dont know why i have such high expectations of alex everytime hes in a video, he has like 15 tricks total, and it leads to massive disappointment everytime i see him skate on film. everything was sick but i thought he was going to have a ton of shit like dylan did.

if antuwan was in this you guys would all be crying about how supreme was exploiting him for the money, but since its young black kids you guys are cool? i dont get how that works.

tyshawn is fucking great, lots of good tricks, dude really went for it. it sucks he didnt have a real part though. the lifestyle stuff reminds me of knox gadoy, dudes definitely going to be huge. hes got the skating and the personality.

honestly aside from tyshawn the rest of them are pretty underwhelming. for how hyped they are, i was expecting some mindblowing shit.

but whoever did the lipslide with the two benches on each side, that was sick.

also sean pablo looks like he's forcing his style hard.

dill and ave were sick, nothing too crazy but it was solid stuff, i guess theyre saving the heavy stuff for the vans video?

music was good. janes addiction and INXS were a nice touch. the video seemed like chickenbonenowison but in HD and with way more pretense. beagle and reynolds should get a shout out or something.

the video was good but not really what i was expecting at all. didn't like how it was in montages. makes it hard to rewatch this video in pieces but i suppose that might be what he wanted?

i get where the hype is coming from but with the amount of sameness in this video im surprised you guys are so hyped on it.
[close]

Almost every Nakel Smith trick was a banger (especially Gap back feeble at the Williamsburg Monument) if anything he might be the most developed out of that whole young crew (he looks the oldest though) i had a feeling people were gonna overlook his footy, and i dunno if you realize how big that kickflip Kevin Bradley did towards the end was...surprised no one back tailed the Amsterdam rail in Harlem before this video....Furthermore i disagree i think Tyshawn was the video MVP besides the tricks he just seemed like the face for the vid, Dylan's stuff was amazing though.

Nakel was good but in a not as holy shit kind of way. you're acting like this is the first time you saw someone skate some rails. Jake Ruiz makes me go holy shit , this not so much. Im not even saying hes a bad skater, hes good, it just didn't match the hype for me. Also I'm not fully aware of how big that spot kev kickflipped but that goes back to strobecks kindof shitty filming. I can tell its big but I'm getting zero sense of the spot with the way strobeck moves the camera. I shouldn't be noticing this stuff.

Also its pretty inconsistent the way this message board was pissed off at baker for all the antuwan lifestyle shots but you guys are cheering tyshawn on for all his random shit. He was definitely the focus of the video but as far as skating is concerned Dylan just killed it way harder.

Also didn't palace use that gang gang dance song ? Bill is such a whiner when other people reuse songs but then here he is doing it in his own video. Not a good look.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 08:47:59 AM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

A.J.K.

« Reply #1004 on: March 21, 2014, 08:48:55 AM »
Expand Quote
You know you're old and don't understand "skateboarding" these days  when so many people can bypass that ridiculous, over exaggerated fake style Dylan Reider has and everyone loves him and he's in the cool kids club?!. I f*cking hate that dude more than anything. Back in the days, that dude would've been ostracized. Skateboarding sucks now.
[close]

back in the day gay kids were getting brutally beaten and raping women was chill, times have changed. shut the fuck up old man
Not liking forced style has nothing to do with condoning homophobia or rape.

Sean Pablo is the Rudy Johnson of this crew.  Rudy was better though.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #1005 on: March 21, 2014, 08:59:36 AM »
Could someone be kind enough to pm me a link? Need see this shit 8)

witty pseudonym

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1006 on: March 21, 2014, 09:04:13 AM »
I am usually very tame and unopinionated on here, but it has been a weird week so here: 

Ok so, the actual skateboarding that was in the video was good.  Is it weird that I liked AO's footage the best*(aside from BA of course)?    

Pretty sure there was more props and high-fives than Pretty Sweet.  Any other video with that amount of half-naked men and lifestyle shots would get shit all over on here.  The avant-garde post-modern artistic shots were starting to get annoying and they were pointless filler(although maybe I just don't "get" the aesthetic of an unnecessary long slow mo of a failed attempt at using a lighter).  All of the "hood rat" shots seemed to be perpetuating(RE forcing) "street cred" that just isn't there yet, a marketing strategy skillfully done by Supreme.  And I like Dylan, I do, but watching him skate now makes me laugh more than anything else.  The tricks are awesome but the poses are just too much for me to handle.  Anyone talking shit about Paulo's part would have probably jerked off to it if he was riding a Magenta board.  The music worked.  I just got the feeling that this video wasn't so much a skate video as it was a promo DVD that companies would loops at their local mall Journeys.        
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:36:30 AM by witty pseudonym »

S.E.

« Reply #1007 on: March 21, 2014, 09:40:44 AM »
I am usually very tame and unopinionated on here, but it has been a weird week so here: 

Ok so, the actual skateboarding that was in the video was good.  Is it weird that I liked AO's footage the best*(aside from BA of course)?    

Pretty sure there was more props and high-fives than Pretty Sweet.  Any other video with that amount of half-naked men and lifestyle shots would get shit all over on here.  The avant-garde post-modern artistic shots were starting to get annoying and they were pointless filler(although maybe I just don't "get" the aesthetic of an unnecessary long slow mo of a failed attempt at using a lighter).  All of the "hood rat" shots seemed to be perpetuating(RE forcing) "street cred" that just isn't there yet, a marketing strategy skillfully done by Supreme.  And I like Dylan, I do, but watching him skate now makes me laugh more than anything else.  The tricks are awesome but the poses are just too much for me to handle.  Anyone talking shit about Paulo's part would have probably jerked off to it if he was riding a Magenta board.  The music worked.  I just got the feeling that this video wasn't so much a skate video as it was a promo DVD that companies would loops at their local mall Journeys.        

sucks that you can't see how sick the skating was because you're too busy looking at everything else  :-\

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #1008 on: March 21, 2014, 09:46:47 AM »
Could someone be kind enough to pm me a link? Need see this shit 8)

are you that fucking lazy!?

witty pseudonym

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1009 on: March 21, 2014, 09:52:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

sucks that you can't see how sick the skating was because you're too busy looking at everything else  :-\

The skating was really kind of buried in there though. 

Hatechild

« Reply #1010 on: March 21, 2014, 09:53:41 AM »
Refreshing. Makes me wanna go skate. AO's tree wallie line and Dylan. Always admired Strobeck's work.  

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1011 on: March 21, 2014, 10:02:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
dylans definitely the MVP of the video. too many good tricks to name and none of it was cliched or anything. dude just redrum'd some spots. the only other guy to do anything up that gap is westgate. you know you're in good company if you can say that.

pappalardo seemed like an asshole with the way he was talking to that crack addict.

guy mariano and omar salazar surprise. that was pretty cool.

i think paulo diaz surprisingly had some of the best "new" tricks in there. felt like a really cool throwback without feeling forced. so many kids are going to be half flipping their boards now. also that no grab airwalk was siiiick. that was a smart addition on strobecks part.

alex's metal wallride couldve been really sick but strobeck keeps moving around. its a setpiece spot, keep the fucking camera in one place so its easier to enjoy the trick. wtf was that? the trick on the ping pong table also seemed really sick but its too bad i cant really see it. and then the massive barrier ollie. is he shaking the camera around on purpose? i dont get it. hes a good filmer. i dont know why i have such high expectations of alex everytime hes in a video, he has like 15 tricks total, and it leads to massive disappointment everytime i see him skate on film. everything was sick but i thought he was going to have a ton of shit like dylan did.

if antuwan was in this you guys would all be crying about how supreme was exploiting him for the money, but since its young black kids you guys are cool? i dont get how that works.

tyshawn is fucking great, lots of good tricks, dude really went for it. it sucks he didnt have a real part though. the lifestyle stuff reminds me of knox gadoy, dudes definitely going to be huge. hes got the skating and the personality.

honestly aside from tyshawn the rest of them are pretty underwhelming. for how hyped they are, i was expecting some mindblowing shit.

but whoever did the lipslide with the two benches on each side, that was sick.

also sean pablo looks like he's forcing his style hard.

dill and ave were sick, nothing too crazy but it was solid stuff, i guess theyre saving the heavy stuff for the vans video?

music was good. janes addiction and INXS were a nice touch. the video seemed like chickenbonenowison but in HD and with way more pretense. beagle and reynolds should get a shout out or something.

the video was good but not really what i was expecting at all. didn't like how it was in montages. makes it hard to rewatch this video in pieces but i suppose that might be what he wanted?

i get where the hype is coming from but with the amount of sameness in this video im surprised you guys are so hyped on it.
[close]

Almost every Nakel Smith trick was a banger (especially Gap back feeble at the Williamsburg Monument) if anything he might be the most developed out of that whole young crew (he looks the oldest though) i had a feeling people were gonna overlook his footy, and i dunno if you realize how big that kickflip Kevin Bradley did towards the end was...surprised no one back tailed the Amsterdam rail in Harlem before this video....Furthermore i disagree i think Tyshawn was the video MVP besides the tricks he just seemed like the face for the vid, Dylan's stuff was amazing though.
[close]

Nakel was good but in a not as holy shit kind of way. you're acting like this is the first time you saw someone skate some rails. Jake Ruiz makes me go holy shit , this not so much. Im not even saying hes a bad skater, hes good, it just didn't match the hype for me. Also I'm not fully aware of how big that spot kev kickflipped but that goes back to strobecks kindof shitty filming. I can tell its big but I'm getting zero sense of the spot with the way strobeck moves the camera. I shouldn't be noticing this stuff.

Also its pretty inconsistent the way this message board was pissed off at baker for all the antuwan lifestyle shots but you guys are cheering tyshawn on for all his random shit. He was definitely the focus of the video but as far as skating is concerned Dylan just killed it way harder.

Also didn't palace use that gang gang dance song ? Bill is such a whiner when other people reuse songs but then here he is doing it in his own video. Not a good look.

post a fit.

clemsausage

• Rep: 23
  • Recordings of Boardings
    • Recordings of Boardings avatar image
« Reply #1012 on: March 21, 2014, 10:15:30 AM »
Nakel>Tyshawn>Sean Pablo>Aidan Mackey>Kevin Bradley>Sage Elsesser

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
« Reply #1013 on: March 21, 2014, 10:18:14 AM »
Everything was awesome except for that Sean Pablo kid.  Dude is literally unwatchable with that pointy foot twinkle toes stance he over exaggerates in every clip. 

The shared chief keefe and Dylan sections were ridiculous.  Holy shit
where is home?

Laban Fetus

« Reply #1014 on: March 21, 2014, 10:18:44 AM »
Nah, nah. Put Sage in Pablo's space and you've got it about right. Dude had some really frail stuff in there on par with Pops. Kadow showed him up and he's not even sponsored by Supreme or FA

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1015 on: March 21, 2014, 10:22:20 AM »

I have a very hard time believing sean Pablo had better footy than kevin Bradley.

Also can someone tell me what Pops' tricks were that made him look so mediocre? Could they really have been that bad?
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
« Reply #1016 on: March 21, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have a very hard time believing sean Pablo had better footy than kevin Bradley.

Also can someone tell me what Pops' tricks were that made him look so mediocre? Could they really have been that bad?

Closest thing he did to an ollie was dropping of a ledge to a controversial 5050. One of my favorite styles in skating but damn, I was disappointed.

clemsausage

• Rep: 23
  • Recordings of Boardings
    • Recordings of Boardings avatar image
« Reply #1017 on: March 21, 2014, 10:26:19 AM »
Sage and Bradley have those kind of faces you just want to punch. Cocky little shits.

I don't really think Sean Pablo's style is faked, why would you fake that style? It's not really good looking but it's definitely unique, and I've got a weird liking for it.

This video made me scared for Pop's health and mental state. He has to have had been(or be) on hard drugs.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1018 on: March 21, 2014, 10:27:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Closest thing he did to an ollie was dropping of a ledge to a controversial 5050. One of my favorite styles in skating but damn, I was disappointed.

fuck, i think i saw tyler the creator ollie over a picnic table, and that alone was better than all of pops footage.

i love his mosiac part, but why the hell do people still care about this dude? i watch his footage and i feel like im better than him, and im terrible!

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #1019 on: March 21, 2014, 10:32:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ride on 5050 across a pipe/sidewalk gap, stall ollie into a 5050 down a little curved slide and a boardslide tap on that water ledge