Author Topic: BASTIEN x THRASHER PART  (Read 15810 times)

sid vicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
BASTIEN x THRASHER PART
« on: January 03, 2014, 12:39:46 AM »
it's up on the thrasher site......

http://www.thrashermagazine.com/component/option,com_hwdvideoshare/Itemid,90/lang,en/task,viewvideo/video_id,2590/

it's fuckin' heavy........and 10 years old!!!

IT'S TIME FOR FLIP, ARTO & ROWLEY TO FINALLY EXPLAIN WHY THE KICKED HIM OFF.

Sheffledge

• Rep: -109
Re: BASTIEN x THRASHER PART
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 12:48:37 AM »
fuck you i was ready on it

self-loathing gnarcissist

• Rep: -92
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 12:56:08 AM »
It's a shame this shit wasn't released at the time it was goin down, it would be considered a classic. That first flat ground fakie tre was untouchable. But it's not like he got cut from flip for no reason, obviously something was up. There's always been talk about him being a huge dick so maybe that was part of it.

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 12:56:34 AM »
WHEN HE CAB FLIPPED THAT STREET GAP IN LA. I KNEW IT WAS HAMMER TIME..LOLOLOL

Sheffledge

• Rep: -109
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 01:02:02 AM »
skrate RACIST BULLSHIT

crakkkas cant STAND when a BROTHA handles his bidness then tells them to fuck themselves

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 01:15:27 AM »
Fakie flip a triple set is fucked up. fakie flips off of curbs don't even make any goddamned sense.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 01:21:49 AM »
Fakie flip a triple set is fucked up.

it really sucks they didnt release this the time period it was filmed. he did one of nyjahs last tricks 10 years ago on a bigger rail....

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -258
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 01:22:06 AM »
skrate RACIST BULLSHIT

crakkkas cant STAND when a BROTHA handles his bidness then tells them to fuck themselves

Just stop.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 01:30:31 AM »
Expand Quote
skrate RACIST BULLSHIT

[close]

Just stop.

He's right. Racist ass fucked up teeth having Brits. Arto gets a pass because I doubt he had much say in kicking Bastien off.

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 01:44:17 AM »
What else are you hiding Flip? A never before seen Alex Chalmers part?

Seriously though that part was crazy. Just wish the Thrasher video player worked better.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:48:17 AM by Chipper »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 01:45:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
skrate RACIST BULLSHIT

[close]

Just stop.
[close]

He's right. Racist ass fucked up teeth having Brits. Arto gets a pass because I doubt he had much say in kicking Bastien off.
That makes more sense than "they kicked him off for absolutely no reason when he was ripping harder than anybody around"
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 01:59:19 AM »
skrate RACIST BULLSHIT

After reading your recent posts, I think I might become a racist myself.

'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -258
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 02:06:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
skrate RACIST BULLSHIT

[close]

Just stop.
[close]

If they were truly racist, why would they give him a shot in the first place?
I'm just saying there may have been truth to the shit said about him.

For the record, i'm a fan of Flip and Bastien.
And that part was fucking sick!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:08:02 AM by Suit Up! »

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 02:10:17 AM »
SOTY

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 03:02:47 AM »
There's always been talk about him being a huge dick so maybe that was part of it.

Thats so, so, so, so wrong. The real reason is this one:

As you all now can see, Bastien really was way ahead of his time and he skated on another level. So the flip guys took him to spots, lets say the tripple set in santa monica, and told him, bastien, just do a switch 360 flip and on another spot we want you to fakie flip it.

Bastien was not comfortable with this situation and the preasure they put on him, the sitatuion got heated up and the had one disussion after another. Since Bastien was a young, wild child from a very poor ghetto in france he could not react to this things in a appropriate way.

Now could have been the time for rowlay and arto to come out of the closet and do some real talk, but no ... as exspected, they have nothing good to say.

Thanks to Thrasher for making this one happen and thanks to Bastien for stepping on skateboard again, especially when you know, that the guys you trusted once, fuck with you so bad, that they "lose" a part like this.

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 03:06:44 AM »
Loving the baggy clothes.

Seeing that trick go down live at the gold Melbourne rail would have been a mind fuck. 10 years ago!
Twin Perks

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 03:21:19 AM »
Loved everything about this. Would have loved it even more with a Mr. Dibbs song.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 04:07:47 AM »

Seriously though that part was crazy. Just wish the Thrasher video player worked better.
They do have an Alex Chalmers part. He filmed a full part for Really Sorry and sent it to them. The idiots didn't put it on because "it didn't fit". Chalmers said so himself in an interview.
I swear they were all snorting mountains of coke then.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:55:48 AM by L33Tg33k »
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 04:30:03 AM »
Expand Quote
There's always been talk about him being a huge dick so maybe that was part of it.
[close]

As you all now can see, Bastien really was way ahead of his time and he skated on another level. So the flip guys took him to spots, lets say the tripple set in santa monica, and told him, bastien, just do a switch 360 flip and on another spot we want you to fakie flip it.

Bastien was not comfortable with this situation and the preasure they put on him, the sitatuion got heated up and the had one disussion after another. Since Bastien was a young, wild child from a very poor ghetto in france he could not react to this things in a appropriate way.

Now could have been the time for rowlay and arto to come out of the closet and do some real talk, but no ... as exspected, they have nothing good to say.

Thanks to Thrasher for making this one happen and thanks to Bastien for stepping on skateboard again, especially when you know, that the guys you trusted once, fuck with you so bad, that they "lose" a part like this.

That sounds like a lot of shit.

Flip let Penny vanish and have kept Boulala on even after his heavy accident and Shane's death.

I think there is more to it all than him being pressured in to tricks.

I always thought of Bastien as French too.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 05:19:16 AM »
everything in this part is gold. no one was doing cab flips like that ten years ago.

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2014, 05:33:13 AM »
Besides Bastien's heavy tricks and unique style, I like the unpredictability of this part. Especially when you witnessed this era in skateboarding as a kid.
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

nigga_please

• Rep: -31
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 05:44:12 AM »

I heard there's a Cerezini part from the same era that was supposed to be his pro debut for flip but end up lost aswell....
Shame on flip... Bastien was a crazy motherfucker but it was not fair to keep this insane footage from the world.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 05:51:56 AM »
It's kind of shitty to hold footage like this hostage for 10 years. Also pretty hilarious how great he was at the time and how well this footage has held up over a decade. It's probably better than a lot of guys' footage from recent years.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 06:02:05 AM »
 Arto came in my hometown 5 years ago and we asked him what went wrong with salabanzi. He said that the whole team was amazed by his talent, he admited that until that day he hadnt seen anyone ripping that hard at this age. He literally said that he is the best skater he has ever witnessed. On the other hand the team didnt get along well with bastien and the sponsors didnt like his behaviour too so they dropped him eventually. He said that he was somewhat eccentric or something.  That's what arto said.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 06:11:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That sounds like a lot of shit.

Flip let Penny vanish and have kept Boulala on even after his heavy accident and Shane's death.

glad your posting sounds even more like shit. Maybe I am just all mad, because the guys from flip where holding this amazing footage back for soo long.

I really hope this part helps bastien to finally get the sponsors he derserves.

He still rips to this day:

He skates Nike SBs but I cant find out which board it is.

shark tits

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 06:16:13 AM »
the year arto won SOTY, we seen the flip team at 3rd and army. all i remember for tricks was a tiny bastien doing a long line that started w/ a switch heel 5-0. he was a kid but looked awesome, shame how all this went down. if this were a movie then his footage would be released when everyone's an old man and everyone would stand and clap, even the racist townfolk who kept him down in his prime. in the movie though his so-called 'self cheering' would be replaced by a stoicism. he'd cab flip fs board w/ a single tear carving down his cheek like an indian bummed on litter..... sorry for that digression, as rad as his part was i wish it had switch heel 5-0s and some of the stuff he's capable of that we don't get to see in street league.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, 06:17:53 AM »

I think there has to be more to it. There's being a dick, not getting along with team members but with a part that holds up like that after 10 years it makes no sense to let him go like that.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 06:33:18 AM »
that was amazing. really glad they finally put it out.

i might be imagining this, but i remember reading in an old mag that someone said around the time bastian was dropped, he had a kid and started focusing more on guitar than skating. i have no idea who said it, but i remember reading it.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 06:37:49 AM »
that was amazing. really glad they finally put it out.

i might be imagining this, but i remember reading in an old mag that someone said around the time bastian was dropped, he had a kid and started focusing more on guitar than skating. i have no idea who said it, but i remember reading it.

thats correct, but thats not the reason he lost all of his sponsors, while beeing in your prime and clearly one of the best guys to have ever stepped on a skateboard. He spend a lot of his time with his kid and played guitar, because he lost all of his sponsors. You dont have a family and the quite your job, now thats not how it works and I guess bastien knows that, and thats why I dont thing "he left" ...

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 07:16:54 AM »
All I have heard was that he threatened to kill a rep and was cut...

Second hand info,  but from  a flip rider.

The whole racist / conspiracy thing seems way off. 

Also that part wasn't such a surprise,  in his Antiz part he fakie flipped an insane set.

Gnarly skater.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE