Author Topic: Skaters from wealthy backgrounds  (Read 7977 times)

nowell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -153
Skaters from wealthy backgrounds
« on: March 18, 2014, 03:35:38 AM »
We all know the underdogs, who are some rich skaters? is it true figgy comes from fucked up rich roots??

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
Re: Skaters from wealthy backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 03:38:57 AM »
Cory Kennedy was one on the richer side, and so was Daniel Espinoza.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 03:41:06 AM »
Fred Gall is actually a prince.

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 04:45:34 AM »
P-Rod and Birdman Jr, aka Riley Hawk are two that popped in my mind.  

I definitely think that if your parents can provide for your recreations you just have a better chance to succeed.  That says absolutely nothing about people that are born with the raw talent though.  Some people regardless of how well off or impoverished they are have that little extra that makes them stand out.  Then again, who really cares?

ThrillOfItAll

• Rep: -47
  • Stomp It
    • Skate Blog avatar image
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 06:01:47 AM »
Lordburg and Lizard King.

If your parents are stinking rich when your a Grom, you can break boards and not care.
When your at college and skint, they don't need to worry, they probs get a wage from mom and dad for doing fuck all.

That has always been the agument for the rich kids, but look at the Hustlers!!!

Time To Play The Game

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 06:13:29 AM »
Sheckler

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 06:20:47 AM »
Fred Gall is actually a prince.
He was knighted a few years ago as well. Sir Freddy of the Jersey realm.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 07:10:51 AM »

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 07:30:05 AM »
Who gives a fuck? Its irrelevant.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 08:01:25 AM »
I read something about Danny Fuezinalida and Diego Butcheri both went to rich private schools that had skateparks for them to train on.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 08:05:45 AM »
Who gives a fuck? Its irrelevant.

so is every other personal detail of skater's lives on this forum...
try to remember, forget

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3401
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 09:22:20 AM »
I've always had some weird sort of jealousy for rich kids, but then again my family wasn't broke...rich is kind-of subjective.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 09:49:29 AM »
Wes kremer. this thread isn't an insult to these dudes, just facts. It's interesting to see which pros had to overcome more shit to make it. I personally give no fucks if you're a pro skater who grew up wealthy, good for you. But you can't honestly say money doesn't matter because statistically, people who grow up with a lot of money are so much more likely to be successful it's ridiculous. Another question this raises is would you guys think certain pros were as cool as you thought if they had to whore themselves out with wack sponsors? People shit on Nyjah for the monster sponsorship but the dude is just trying to stack as much paper as possible, while someone like Riley Hawk will NEVER have to pick up a sponsor that might hurt his raw dude image because he was born rich. Is one of those scenarios really more deplorable than the other? No offense to either because they're both great skaters. But then again Kalis turned down an energy drink sponsorship because he didn't believe in it, so does that make Kalis a better person than Nyjah or does it mean they have different values?
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Pinballer

• Rep: -2
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »
We all know the underdogs, who are some rich skaters? is it true figgy comes from fucked up rich roots??

I don't think Figgy came from fucked up rich roots. He's an Irvine legend. A couple of skaters and myself have past by his old house. He's just like middle class or some shit.

Early Hokus Pokus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2531
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 10:17:21 AM »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Rein

• Rep: -21
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 10:54:43 AM »
Mike Mo

dillanharp

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 10:59:07 AM »
It doesn't fucking matter.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 11:00:50 AM »
Wes kremer. this thread isn't an insult to these dudes, just facts. It's interesting to see which pros had to overcome more shit to make it. I personally give no fucks if you're a pro skater who grew up wealthy, good for you. But you can't honestly say money doesn't matter because statistically, people who grow up with a lot of money are so much more likely to be successful it's ridiculous. Another question this raises is would you guys think certain pros were as cool as you thought if they had to whore themselves out with wack sponsors? People shit on Nyjah for the monster sponsorship but the dude is just trying to stack as much paper as possible, while someone like Riley Hawk will NEVER have to pick up a sponsor that might hurt his raw dude image because he was born rich. Is one of those scenarios really more deplorable than the other? No offense to either because they're both great skaters. But then again Kalis turned down an energy drink sponsorship because he didn't believe in it, so does that make Kalis a better person than Nyjah or does it mean they have different values?

yes, nyjah is a worse person. duh.

shark tits

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 11:09:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fuck commerce! kalis has values and nyjah doesn't, it's not a matter of different. rodney mullen is the son of a rich man.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 11:13:50 AM »
god ya'll some brokebois

Vibes of skating rocks

• Rep: -22
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 11:18:25 AM »
Forever Am Kelly Hart has some rich ass parents. He still lives at their house in the Laguna Beach/Nigel area.

BuddyPal

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 11:24:55 AM »
my boards are handcrafted by tibetan monks and my bearings are acutally blood diamonds

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 11:31:33 AM »
my boards are handcrafted by tibetan monks and my bearings are acutally blood diamonds
this could be the first half of a Jereme Rogers line. Someone finish it please.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 11:34:11 AM »
I heard when Todd falcons not killing it in his garage he parks his Lamborghini he got for his 16th birthday in there. 

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 11:38:51 AM »

I think its goofy to get an energy drink sponsor if you can get by without it. That doesn't necessarily mean Kalis is a better person than Nyjah, but it does mean that he has better values (in my opinion).

On the other hand, I hate working and I'd ride for Darkstar, Monster and Tensor if it meant that I didn't have to see my boss ever again.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3401
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 11:40:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
this could be the first half of a Jereme Rogers line. Someone finish it please.

bitches on the daily pointin' me toward their vaginin's

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
fuck commerce! kalis has values and nyjah doesn't, it's not a matter of different. rodney mullen is the son of a rich man.

Rodney's dad cut him off because he didn't want his son to grow up to be a bum and a waste of talent and intellect. I wouldn't say he was rich or spoiled whatsoever. He had a pretty rough childhood because of his relationship to his father.

shark tits

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 12:30:11 PM »
i didn't call him spoiled, i said he was the son of a rich man. so were the menendez brothers. and bin laden.