Author Topic: #TRENDWATCH2014  (Read 87871 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: #TRENDWATCH2014
« Reply #360 on: February 17, 2015, 05:21:11 AM »
those are coool man, prolly too expensive tho
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #361 on: February 17, 2015, 05:30:43 AM »
 i said it polos would happen and dime and bianca chandon released skate polos. magenta did during one of their seasons. itll catch on more i think. ive seen a dude with a BC polo, a bucket hat and some soccer shoes.

shark tits

« Reply #362 on: February 17, 2015, 06:41:41 AM »

ha, i got the blue one of those. it gives me super powers to DIY in daylight anywhere i want.

Spider on drugs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #363 on: February 17, 2015, 07:10:42 AM »
The trend that just hit my skate park is 13-16 year old kids who's trick bag = boardslide to fakie, no-comply 180,  kickflip and front 1 wearing coach jackets, bucket hat or polo hat, cuffed up dickies with a different pair of stance socks for each day of the week, janoskis vans or cons and colorful griptape divided in weird shapes. They all love taking group photos on top of every obstacle with the slumped peace sign. Aswell as taking instagrams of every trick they do . Instagram songs usually include hot nigga, anything young thug or that inlove with the coco song. They also really enjoy yelling and dissing each other while trying to snake each others tricks

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #364 on: February 17, 2015, 12:33:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
ha, i got the blue one of those. it gives me super powers to DIY in daylight anywhere i want.

Damn. That looks like something the ghostbusters would wear if they had to work in the summer...

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2015, 12:43:19 PM »
those are coool man, prolly too expensive tho

I can't even imagine what they cost.  Dickies coveralls are like $45, I got the blue ones to work in.  I think Rastafarians make em look pretty cool though.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #366 on: February 17, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »
Saw a high school aged  kid at the skate park a few months ago wearing coveralls. It's a pretty bold fashion statement for a younger kid and I respect that.

Has Ralph Lauren been addressed already? Shit is trending hard in my neck of the woods, especially hats.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #367 on: February 18, 2015, 01:50:36 AM »
Saw a high school aged  kid at the skate park a few months ago wearing coveralls. It's a pretty bold fashion statement for a younger kid and I respect that.

Has Ralph Lauren been addressed already? Shit is trending hard in my neck of the woods, especially hats.

Weird how some people are only catching onto the ralph trend now, its been popular in england for a while now, mostly the caps, and wearing the standard ralph hoodie not zipped up, but with the top draw string tied

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #368 on: February 18, 2015, 03:30:23 AM »
Was Hanging out at kingswell this weekend. I saw high school age kids in a lot of bianca stuff. Lots of shitty pants. I don't mean that in a derogatory way. Just like Mac Demarco style shittiness. Slacker vibes.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #369 on: February 18, 2015, 07:52:42 AM »
are these trends all really wack, or am i just gettng old?

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #370 on: February 18, 2015, 08:53:36 AM »
no, fuck this shit.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #371 on: February 18, 2015, 08:56:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
no, fuck this shit.

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #372 on: February 18, 2015, 08:59:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Damn. That looks like something the ghostbusters would wear if they had to work in the summer...

Onesies are back Supreme needs to drop some tie dyed weed overalls and do an Osh Kosh collab. Or built in footies from Converse with an all red ribbed thermal PJ with a buttflap and gold chained wrap around racoon skin hat with a swoosh on the side which flips into a 5 panel inside out with a detachable tail x Raf Simons

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #373 on: February 18, 2015, 10:46:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Ghostbusters get the summer off?

More summer wear for Bespin Luke

toddfalcon420

• Rep: 1
« Reply #374 on: February 18, 2015, 10:59:25 AM »
- White Guy Afros
- Converses again
- Ankle weights
- Thumb rings
- Long nails
- Skating with non prescription glasses
- Inside out 5 panel/bucket hats
- Mix match socks
- Backwards trucks
- Rollerblade bearings

Id be down for some white guy afros

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #375 on: February 18, 2015, 11:02:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Weird how some people are only catching onto the ralph trend now, its been popular in england for a while now, mostly the caps, and wearing the standard ralph hoodie not zipped up, but with the top draw string tied

So, more like a cape? What the hell take some pics next time, I want to see how stupid that looks...

chumlee

« Reply #376 on: February 18, 2015, 02:25:56 PM »
Darkslides
This would require people getting good at skating...don't see that happening bud

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #377 on: February 18, 2015, 02:51:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Darkslides
[close]
This would require people getting good at skating...don't see that happening bud

Hmmm....accidental darkslides?

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #378 on: February 18, 2015, 04:56:36 PM »
I spent the day trying to develop an overalls company.  Still looking for a name.  May just go with Trendwatch, or T-watch, or Twatch.

Here are some of the ideas that I've come up with.  

DLXpenders - cuffed dickies with built in coaches jacket.  
Snobros - zippered vents on inner and outer thigh. Ripstop material.  Digi Snow camo colorway.
Farmeralls - heavy duty material, built in gel hip pads.  Interchangeable 70's rock patches on front.   Jon Dickson model.
Swishybibs - with velcro to attach to yosirisiz and extra low back for sag effect.  13 stash pockets.  Removable strap button contains a weed grinder.   Smolik model.
Suspendered anime-tion - Full graphic on each leg, front and back.  Jeremy Klein model, Japan only.  

Let me know if you have any other ideas, or improvements.  I'll flow you some once they're in production.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

shark tits

« Reply #379 on: February 18, 2015, 05:37:55 PM »
I spent the day trying to develop an overalls company.  Still looking for a name.  May just go with Trendwatch, or T-watch, or Twatch.

Here are some of the ideas that I've come up with.  

DLXpenders - cuffed dickies with built in coaches jacket.  
Snobros - zippered vents on inner and outer thigh. Ripstop material.  Digi Snow camo colorway.
Farmeralls - heavy duty material, built in gel hip pads.  Interchangeable 70's rock patches on front.   Jon Dickson model.
Swishybibs - with velcro to attach to yosirisiz and extra low back for sag effect.  13 stash pockets.  Removable strap button contains a weed grinder.   Smolik model.
Suspendered anime-tion - Full graphic on each leg, front and back.  Jeremy Klein model, Japan only.  

Let me know if you have any other ideas, or improvements.  I'll flow you some once they're in production.

a sideways hat w/ chinstrap that is a tech beard

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #380 on: February 18, 2015, 05:58:57 PM »
Dad jeans are the worst.

plod

« Reply #381 on: February 19, 2015, 01:52:51 AM »

YES just imagine those FA kids pouting around all serious and moody in these, that truely will be fucking awesome, we might even get the artist formerly known as Dill in a pair.

plod

« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2015, 02:00:29 AM »

I don't think any trend is wacker then another, I'm not American nor was I in the navy  but I wear a trucker hat and dickies and have shit loads of tattoos.... that might be wack, however I reserve the right to laugh at any trends I find funny and dungarees are fucking hilarious.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2015, 02:41:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
no, fuck this shit.
[close]

I AM getting old but that has no bearing on how wack this shit atually is

plod

« Reply #384 on: February 19, 2015, 03:07:56 AM »
Wack or not these things are amusing, we should encourage the youth to look stupid for our entertainment.

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #385 on: February 19, 2015, 07:02:10 AM »
The trend that just hit my skate park is 13-16 year old kids who's trick bag = boardslide to fakie, no-comply 180,  kickflip and front 1 wearing coach jackets, bucket hat or polo hat, cuffed up dickies with a different pair of stance socks for each day of the week, janoskis vans or cons and colorful griptape divided in weird shapes. They all love taking group photos on top of every obstacle with the slumped peace sign. Aswell as taking instagrams of every trick they do . Instagram songs usually include hot nigga, anything young thug or that inlove with the coco song. They also really enjoy yelling and dissing each other while trying to snake each others tricks

we must live in the same city

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #386 on: February 19, 2015, 04:11:18 PM »
be on the look out for JNCO's triumphant return later this year

With financial backing from China’s Guotai Litian, the popular ’90s brand JNCO is set to make a comeback, having returned from the shadows of forgotten fads during last week’s Liberty Fairs in New York. Spearheaded by Andrew Jacovou, recently named president and chief executive officer of Los Angeles-based Guotai Litian, and managing director of marketing and former JNCO employee Steven Sternberg, the inaugural fall offering will include three distinct capsules. The core collection, a fashion collection and a heritage range, which will feature jeans with leg openings of 20 and 23 inches. Jacovou said JNCO “will appeal to trendsetting men and women who wore the brand in the Nineties, as well as a new generation of consumers who will be introduced to the brand’s fashion-forward sensibilities for the first time.”

http://hypebeast.com/2015/2/jnco-is-set-for-a-return

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #387 on: February 19, 2015, 09:04:38 PM »
be on the look out for JNCO's triumphant return later this year

Expand Quote
With financial backing from China�s Guotai Litian, the popular �90s brand JNCO is set to make a comeback, having returned from the shadows of forgotten fads during last week�s Liberty Fairs in New York. Spearheaded by Andrew Jacovou, recently named president and chief executive officer of Los Angeles-based Guotai Litian, and managing director of marketing and former JNCO employee Steven Sternberg, the inaugural fall offering will include three distinct capsules. The core collection, a fashion collection and a heritage range, which will feature jeans with leg openings of 20 and 23 inches. Jacovou said JNCO �will appeal to trendsetting men and women who wore the brand in the Nineties, as well as a new generation of consumers who will be introduced to the brand�s fashion-forward sensibilities for the first time.�
[close]

http://hypebeast.com/2015/2/jnco-is-set-for-a-return

Damn, I came in here to post about JNCO's triumphant comeback.  There better still sell em at Burlinton Coat Factory.  Gonna have my mom take me there to pick up some new fits so the cool kids will stop making fun of me at school.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #388 on: March 20, 2015, 06:17:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

So, more like a cape? What the hell take some pics next time, I want to see how stupid that looks...

Like this

plod

« Reply #389 on: March 21, 2015, 05:08:05 AM »
Backing that trend