Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 777917 times)

Xen and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

imafugyashizup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #2400 on: January 03, 2020, 08:45:36 PM »
Does anyone know what the difference between the slarve vomit minis and the regular vomit minis? Is there a difference? Been eying some slimeballs for a minute.

Diocletian

« Reply #2401 on: January 03, 2020, 09:05:15 PM »
I'm sure this is somewhere in the thread, but it's 81 pages so I'm asking. What is a good wheel for dusty indoor bowls? I'm currently riding mini logo 55mm 101a and can't stop sliding out.

The answer is 97a. Classic formula spitfires and bones 100’s will still slide out on you. In 97a, I’ve ridden Slimeballs and Speedlabs. Both were high quality and did great outdoors as well. Powerslides were still easy and controllable. Not soft enough to need any plastic cores, either. You could probably go as low as 92a-95a but that’s when it becomes less of a versatile wheel with a bit too much grip once you wanna do everything outside. Just speaking in terms of a wheel that you can still keep using after the winter to get your money’s worth. That’s where the 97a is the sweet spot for all terrain, IMO.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #2402 on: January 05, 2020, 07:06:31 PM »
Bones is really pumping out those 99's, I'll prolly skate the again....V2's in a bunch of sizes...

I put on my 52 99 V1s today (parking lot session surface is all over the place; smooth, patchy rough,etc.) as previously I skated either STFs/101 F4s or 99a Ricta rapidos; in the same lot the 99a easys didn't feel all that different from the 101 F4s (sort of deadend the board sound and feel with both), slightly grippier and less hard feeling than the STFs and as smooth as the rictas (but they don't slide at all well in this parking lot.

Thinking about getting some 54mm V5s

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #2403 on: January 05, 2020, 07:12:38 PM »
Did ride 55mm v5 for a while and they are decent. Slide as well as 99 f4 but a little less consistent. I always feel that spits slide almost the same on all (reasonable) street surfaces, bones would just randomly stick or slide out, at times...

They just sound dead

PMA

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #2404 on: January 07, 2020, 05:26:00 AM »
So I flat spotted my spitfire f4's yesterday, it's actually pretty big does anyone know how to get rid of the flat spot? It's noticeable,

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2405 on: January 07, 2020, 05:34:03 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm sure this is somewhere in the thread, but it's 81 pages so I'm asking. What is a good wheel for dusty indoor bowls? I'm currently riding mini logo 55mm 101a and can't stop sliding out.
[close]

my slime ball 97a's are good for dusty concrete, so are my OJ Dressen 101's...but funnily enough my new OJ Nora 101's slide out a lot!

How are the Slime Ball 97a?  I wanna get some minis to have a wheel that can take some rough surfaces while still being a good skate wheel.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2406 on: January 07, 2020, 06:03:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
my slime ball 97a's are good for dusty concrete, so are my OJ Dressen 101's...but funnily enough my new OJ Nora 101's slide out a lot!
[close]

How are the Slime Ball 97a?  I wanna get some minis to have a wheel that can take some rough surfaces while still being a good skate wheel.
if you want to resemble a normal shaped street/skate wheel, then oj keyframe.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #2407 on: January 07, 2020, 06:27:55 AM »
So I flat spotted my spitfire f4's yesterday, it's actually pretty big does anyone know how to get rid of the flat spot? It's noticeable,

ride em out

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #2408 on: January 07, 2020, 07:33:55 AM »
So ACID wheels. I love them, but they seem rarely discussed on here.

You guys need to try some ACID. I don't have any of the 99a or up duros, I'm an F4 loyalist there, but for those mid 80s ranges, the skaterades and pods are some of the best wheels I've ever skated.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2409 on: January 07, 2020, 11:31:00 AM »
I would love to but here is impossible to find them
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2410 on: January 07, 2020, 12:16:34 PM »

Coming soon is a Mini Logo 95a formula that will be their A cut shape will be available in 52, 54 and 56.  I've been looking for something similar and MiniLogo wheels are generally around $20.  I'll pick some up when they come in.

Later this spring, Bones is going to have a new 95a as well.  A couple folks on the SkateOne boards used the prototypes and gave them rave reviews.  My guess is that they are a different formula than the MiniLogo ones.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 12:26:11 PM by backinaction »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #2411 on: January 07, 2020, 03:20:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Coming soon is a Mini Logo 95a formula that will be their A cut shape will be available in 52, 54 and 56.  I've been looking for something similar and MiniLogo wheels are generally around $20.  I'll pick some up when they come in.

Later this spring, Bones is going to have a new 95a as well.  A couple folks on the SkateOne boards used the prototypes and gave them rave reviews.  My guess is that they are a different formula than the MiniLogo ones.

I'd be down for some 95a wheels - I had a set of 95a OJs a few years go - was hoping for a cushier ride and some slide....didn't slide.

Freger

• Rep: -8
  • Can I borrow your tool?
« Reply #2412 on: January 07, 2020, 03:29:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7B9D-ljOjl/?igshid=o81bpzz22okl
I wonder if they will slide well, I'm definitely getting them for my cruiser/transition board. Also can you find a link to that skate one thread? Can't find it

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2413 on: January 07, 2020, 04:02:33 PM »
I wonder if they will slide well, I'm definitely getting them for my cruiser/transition board. Also can you find a link to that skate one thread? Can't find it

https://www.skateone.com/forum/discussion/comment/48037#Comment_48037

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #2414 on: January 07, 2020, 05:02:23 PM »
Put em on your back truck and power slide the fuck outta them

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #2415 on: January 07, 2020, 05:45:53 PM »
Does anyone know what the difference between the slarve vomit minis and the regular vomit minis? Is there a difference? Been eying some slimeballs for a minute.
I've wondered that too. I think it's just the graphics and the name. Iirc, the heights, widths, and riding surfaces are the same.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
« Reply #2416 on: January 07, 2020, 06:03:20 PM »
Contact Deluxe and their customer service should sort you out.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2417 on: January 08, 2020, 03:37:41 AM »
When I was a kid, I rode Slime Balls and OJs and I swear to heck you could slide the shit out of them but they were soft. Like 87a?  Do those kind of wheels still exist?

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #2418 on: January 08, 2020, 05:57:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Put em on your back truck and power slide the fuck outta them
it's my back toe wheel which is the one I usually slide, I got it by doing a very nice fs 180 and it squeaked like hell. I rolled around and felt it.
Expand Quote
[close]
Contact Deluxe and their customer service should sort you out.
Do they replace them? I don't know if I fully want to get rid of them.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #2419 on: January 08, 2020, 12:51:33 PM »
take a good pic and send it to [email protected]

if it's serious, they'll probably hook it up with a new set

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
« Reply #2420 on: January 08, 2020, 01:37:47 PM »

Reed no longer works for Deluxe, sadly.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #2421 on: January 09, 2020, 05:36:20 AM »
I think I'll just slide it out.

Diocletian

« Reply #2422 on: January 09, 2020, 06:44:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Reed no longer works for Deluxe, sadly.

Damn what happened? He was always a really nice guy and did a great job at representing them with the outstanding warranty dept.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #2423 on: January 12, 2020, 07:44:15 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the OJ Boserio 97a 60mms? Not sure if theyre just gimicky or actually functional. They look fun for everything except maybe ledges because theyre so wide.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #2424 on: January 13, 2020, 12:57:25 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with the OJ Boserio 97a 60mms? Not sure if theyre just gimicky or actually functional. They look fun for everything except maybe ledges because theyre so wide.

Not the Boserio's, but I did have a chance to screw around on a setup with some Slimeballs which are the same duro/formula. They cut a little bit of roughness out of shitty ground, but still slide pretty easily. The ones I tried were the more classic/conical shape though, not the super wide 60's. Wish OJ would make some plain white 97a's in the 54mm range. All they have are those hideous Creature collab things.

Water is Nice

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2425 on: January 13, 2020, 06:33:33 AM »
Someone here ordered bunty cakes to Europe? Saw that it was possible now and I'm kinda tempted, but steep shipping at 12 dollars, the wheels are still cheap tho.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #2426 on: January 15, 2020, 04:06:19 AM »
I recently decided to give bones another shot and I was pretty surprised by how much I like them. I picked up a set of STF 99s in the v4 wide shape and while I'd still say F4s are better overall the gap is smaller than I thought it would be. They're kind of soft feeling so they're really comfortable on rough east coast asphalt, and I assumed they wouldn't slide because of that but they do and do so well (albeit not as well as F4). They're also quite fast, very close with spits and maybe even better on some terrain. Its probably the honeymoon period but I think I might prefer them on crustier terrain. I like the v4 shape but I wish they had just a regular conical available.

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the "STF ninety-nine" and "easy street" 99a formulas?

Someone here ordered bunty cakes to Europe? Saw that it was possible now and I'm kinda tempted, but steep shipping at 12 dollars, the wheels are still cheap tho.

I'm not EU but I would trust boardy to make sure that you get your wheels. That shipping is totally reasonable to me,  buying a set of wheels in my local shop is $36 so that's about the same. I definitely recommend that you do it.. They aren't going to replace your spitfires, but they're so much fun to mess around and do flat ground tricks on.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2427 on: January 15, 2020, 04:58:25 AM »

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the "STF ninety-nine" and "easy street" 99a

Im also curious about this. I want to give bones a shot. I had some along time ago and weirdly liked them a lot

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #2428 on: January 15, 2020, 06:31:40 AM »
Expand Quote

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the "STF ninety-nine" and "easy street" 99a
[close]

Im also curious about this. I want to give bones a shot. I had some along time ago and weirdly liked them a lot

the easy streets have "STF 99" printed on them.
I always assumed that "Easy Streets" were just a rebranding of the 99a differentiate them from the 83b wheels they're more known for. Like Spitfire F4's are more associated with the 99a and not the 101a. Bones definitely went with that natural color for the 99a's compete with spitfire. The whole point of Bones is that they were "BONE" white.

If they actually changed the formula I have not idea.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
« Reply #2429 on: January 15, 2020, 06:35:04 AM »
Bones are toy garbage.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12