Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 778045 times)

AdditionalSlip and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #3480 on: December 31, 2020, 05:10:52 PM »

Since I got back to Pittsburgh its been a steady diet of snow and salt, so I've been skating 56mm 97a creature/OJ and the 54mm square NFG 95a formula a lot. Really loving the NFG... its not as soft as the 95a minilogo formula and it actually feels about the same or maybe even slightly harder than the 97a OJ and Pig formulas I skated last winter. It slides really well but still soaks up cracks and trucks over those little compacted salt nuggets that have taken me down more times than I can count. I was pretty skeptical about them and since I was in Texas for the entire time they were on sale I only got the squares, really wish I'd grabbed the V cuts now. The squares are great but I feel like the V cut would be pretty close to my ideal winter wheel. Hopefully they do another run of 95a again soon.
I have the V cut 54mm 95a and I agree, pretty perfect winter wheel. Maybe should’ve gotten 56mm since I usually use risers with my 9” trucks anyway. But I agree with you, skated a court/bank rocky spot with tons of pebbles and they ate em up really well. Still need more time, only got 1 or 2 quick sessions in them with all the snow and cold.

Kaydubbb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #3481 on: December 31, 2020, 10:05:21 PM »
Bones STF 99a will be perfect for you. Good grip and still a hard enough to keep you rolling fast.

I've purchased some 53mm 99a v5 stf's. Can't wait for them to arrive and put then on. New board while I was at it too, got a 9.0 anithero eagle. Gunna slap it all on my Indy 169. Thanks for the advice, I was looking at some of these before you mentioned them and you sold me on it.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3482 on: January 11, 2021, 05:06:49 PM »
Whenever I see the display from Uprise I can't help but think I want to try some of those wheels.  They do such a good job, with detailed pics and showing all angles which is a lot more than most places do.

This time Dialtone wheels, which look like a few others that have been on here and there and I know absolutely nothing about them, but it is cool to see.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ6wV-PJUch/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3483 on: January 11, 2021, 06:28:14 PM »
Almost picked up a set of SML James Craig (Clifford the Big Red Dog) wheels, I love his skating but I don't see myself riding anything besides Spitfires and to a lesser degree Bones.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3484 on: January 11, 2021, 06:47:16 PM »
I rode a set of SMLs on my last setup, the whole gear shortage due to COVID forced me out of my F4 comfort zone but I’m kinda happy it did. For the meantime loophole get all my hard earned, but SML do make a solid wheel!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3485 on: January 11, 2021, 10:02:55 PM »
These and others posted recently all seem like good / legit brands with decent urethane, but I am also seeing a lot of cheap wheels from local "nobody knows who" or DIY brands in the same way that the DIY deck brand was getting a bit too big a while back, with the cheap China imports of questionable quality flooding the backyard market.

I know there are some good quality urethane manufacturers out there besides those who are only made in house by brands like Spitfire, Bones, NFG Mfg, etc but I wonder too if the shortage has not really increased the market of crap quality wheels that I have seen coming out more lately too.

Even some of the fake Spitfire wheels coming out actually perform fairly well, from what some people have been saying too, so who knows when things might even out between the big wheel companies and the up and comers.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #3486 on: January 12, 2021, 04:52:27 AM »
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Mosaic_CS_Clover_83b_Wheels/descpage-MSCLVWH.html

These caught my eye today... anyone know anything about them? 48mm 83b and they look pretty fat, so I'm wondering if they're basically a harder version of the boardy cakes benchwarmers. Next time I need something to put me over the free shipping threshold or if they turn up in one of my local shops I might try them. I think mosaic is a euro company so I wonder if they use creative like most people or if theres some EU equivalent.

Since I got back to Pittsburgh its been a steady diet of snow and salt, so I've been skating 56mm 97a creature/OJ and the 54mm square NFG 95a formula a lot. Really loving the NFG... its not as soft as the 95a minilogo formula and it actually feels about the same or maybe even slightly harder than the 97a OJ and Pig formulas I skated last winter. It slides really well but still soaks up cracks and trucks over those little compacted salt nuggets that have taken me down more times than I can count. I was pretty skeptical about them and since I was in Texas for the entire time they were on sale I only got the squares, really wish I'd grabbed the V cuts now. The squares are great but I feel like the V cut would be pretty close to my ideal winter wheel. Hopefully they do another run of 95a again soon.
I tried some mosaic wheels that I got for free 3 years ago, and they were awful, super plastic-ish, super hard AND super grippy, could barely powerslide. I don't know if they improved their formula, but back then they were really bad, nonetheless the shape was really cool. Back then they were made in China so I don't know about now, but I doubt it's creative.

That being said I swear by Mosaic bearings, best value for money you can have in Europe.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #3487 on: January 12, 2021, 07:07:14 AM »
Whenever I see the display from Uprise I can't help but think I want to try some of those wheels.  They do such a good job, with detailed pics and showing all angles which is a lot more than most places do.

This time Dialtone wheels, which look like a few others that have been on here and there and I know absolutely nothing about them, but it is cool to see.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ6wV-PJUch/

Riding a set of 53 99a Dialtones right now. I really like them so far.

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
« Reply #3488 on: January 12, 2021, 09:38:41 AM »
Almost picked up a set of SML James Craig (Clifford the Big Red Dog) wheels, I love his skating but I don't see myself riding anything besides Spitfires and to a lesser degree Bones.

Those are our Aend wheels. Very close to a bones STF. They have high rebound and don't flat spot. It's my fav formula we make. I keep telling Aaron and Austyn to kick me off the team since I pretty much only skate curbs these days...they still won't..damn them!! Haha

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #3489 on: January 12, 2021, 11:20:40 AM »
Just a heads up all,

I bought some bootleg 52mm F4s on ebay last week, luckily the seller was cool enough to give me a refund once I pointed out the inconsistencies. Has anyone else seen fakes like these out in the market?

1. the wheels had treds on the contact patch
2. The width of the wheel and contact patch was more narrow than a normal classic 52mm
3. This ransom graphic only came on radials, not classics
4. the graphics are messy compared to authentic, coloring outside the lines

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-Formula-Four-52mm-99-Duro-skateboard-wheels/393081666054?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160727114228%26meid%3Db6f36c33ac4747ebaa9315346a3cf155%26pid%3D100290%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D393081666054%26itm%3D393081666054%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2060778%26brand%3DSpitfire&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

Fooj

• Rep: 180
« Reply #3490 on: January 12, 2021, 11:26:49 AM »
wow, this guy actually has a whole bunch of fake shit posted now that I look at the rest of the stuff for sale:

All the wheels have a weird greenish tint to them

Radial slims shaped like classics:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-Formula-Four-54mm-Radial-Slims-101-Duro-skateboard-wheels/393081665900?hash=item5b857e396c:g:-G0AAOSwzJFf5Q3B

Conicals shaped like lock ins
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-Formula-Four-53mm-Conical-Full-99-Duro-skateboard-wheels/393081665503?hash=item5b857e37df:g:VskAAOSw15Nf7nmX

indys with a painted over baseplate(see cross), and misspellinged FORGED on label
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Independent-trucks-139-This-Is-A-Pair/393081666331?hash=item5b857e3b1b:g:0n8AAOSw8MRfvETw

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #3491 on: January 12, 2021, 11:35:23 AM »
I’m lucky enough to buy from some of the best shops in the country, so I don’t need to worry about fakery.

On the topic of wheels: I skate ‘better’ on 50-52, live in a crusty zone. At what point in escalating wheel size do more spots become available to people? I was skating at my personal best, quite awhile ago, and had this experience where I met up with some folks that were outside my ability level. They were bombing hills, skitching back up, lots of grinds on Unwaxed shit, you know, ruling. I was waaaay back on a 775, lo’s etc. couldn’t handle the terrain outside of the skatepark. I’ve chased bigger setups since, hasn’t really helped.

TL;dr

How big your wheels need to be to skate most places?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3492 on: January 12, 2021, 05:29:10 PM »
wow, this guy actually has a whole bunch of fake shit posted now that I look at the rest of the stuff for sale:

All the wheels have a weird greenish tint to them

Radial slims shaped like classics:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-Formula-Four-54mm-Radial-Slims-101-Duro-skateboard-wheels/393081665900?hash=item5b857e396c:g:-G0AAOSwzJFf5Q3B

Conicals shaped like lock ins
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-Formula-Four-53mm-Conical-Full-99-Duro-skateboard-wheels/393081665503?hash=item5b857e37df:g:VskAAOSw15Nf7nmX

indys with a painted over baseplate(see cross), and misspellinged FORGED on label
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Independent-trucks-139-This-Is-A-Pair/393081666331?hash=item5b857e3b1b:g:0n8AAOSw8MRfvETw

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH78my2hifb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Took me a whole day (IG noob here) but I did a comparison of fakes versus real Spitfires. Graphics, dimensions, packaging and ride feel are night and day difference. Right next to me I have 5 sets of fake Spitfire wheels:
- F4 Classic 52mm 101a (Green Swirl)
- F4 Radial Slim 54mm 101a (Speed Kills graphic) - they are shaped like classics
- F4 Radial Slims 52mm 101a (Venomous graphic) - they are shaped like conicals
- F4 Conical 52mm 101a (Green graphic) - Dimensions are off
- F4 Tablets 52mm 101a (Red graphic) - they are shaped like conicals

Counterfeits are rampant in Asia, there are a few shops in Indonesia that are pushing back against them. A buddy of mine contacted a seller / distributor on Alibaba and they were proud to say they were selling counterfeits and the quality was exactly the same as F4.

Rode a set of the fake Conical Fulls while they are ok to roll around on, are incredibly sticky even on Skatelite.

If the rain keeps up and I can't get a session in I'll post up more stuff on IG on the fakes, probably the most egregious fakes.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #3493 on: January 12, 2021, 05:43:06 PM »
What's really weird is that you have sellers pushing fake product at full-price. I had some "eBay Bucks" kicking around and I decided to pick up some Bones Big Ball Bearings, and it was immediately obvious that these were fake. They were regular price - $25 - not the too-good-too-be-true Bones Swiss price you see on there. I emailed the buyer and get immediately issued me a return label, without comment, so he knows they are fake

I should have known better, but I know there are legit skate shops selling Bones Bearings online

This is the seller, by the way. I assume that everything he is selling is also 100% fake (and also has the aforementioned too-good-too-be-true prices). I Googled the return address and it also doubles as a shady smartphone repair operation
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jdub7217/m.html?ssPageName=&_trksid=p2057872.m4086.l2654
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3494 on: January 12, 2021, 05:57:54 PM »
What's really weird is that you have sellers pushing fake product at full-price. I had some "eBay Bucks" kicking around and I decided to pick up some Bones Big Ball Bearings, and it was immediately obvious that these were fake. They were regular price - $25 - not the too-good-too-be-true Bones Swiss price you see on there. I emailed the buyer and get immediately issued me a return label, without comment, so he knows they are fake

I should have known better, but I know there are legit skate shops selling Bones Bearings online

This is the seller, by the way. I assume that everything he is selling is also 100% fake (and also has the aforementioned too-good-too-be-true prices)
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jdub7217/m.html?ssPageName=&_trksid=p2057872.m4086.l2654

Guys who sell counterfeits Spitfires stick to a few designs:

Lacey Baker Conicals
Neckface Conicals
Red Conical Full
Blue Conical Full
Dressed Black Wheel Conical
Radial Slim 54mm Speed Kills
Overlay Radial
Reynolds Blue Wheels
Green Conical
Red Tablets (listed as Conical / Conical Full)

If you're buying these for yourself because you're curious, that's fine and have fun with them. But selling hucking them at full price and claiming they are genuine are unforgivable scum.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3495 on: January 12, 2021, 06:40:31 PM »
Expand Quote
On the topic of wheels: I skate ‘better’ on 50-52, live in a crusty zone. At what point in escalating wheel size do more spots become available to people? I was skating at my personal best, quite awhile ago, and had this experience where I met up with some folks that were outside my ability level. They were bombing hills, skitching back up, lots of grinds on Unwaxed shit, you know, ruling. I was waaaay back on a 775, lo’s etc. couldn’t handle the terrain outside of the skatepark. I’ve chased bigger setups since, hasn’t really helped.

TL;dr

[close]

53/54mm. Start to notice the struggle at spots when they get below 50mm. A wider contact patch helps a lot. If I go above 55 my flatground goes to shit and the wheelbite is too much (medium loose Ventures).

I'm on some 54 Loopholes. The square shape ones. Love everything about them. They power through everything without being too big or wide (might be the formula helping here, too). I might try the v-cuts next for some more width/stability.
54mm is the happy medium, it’s all I rode for years!

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #3496 on: January 12, 2021, 06:53:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

TL;dr

[close]

53/54mm. Start to notice the struggle at spots when they get below 50mm. A wider contact patch helps a lot. If I go above 55 my flatground goes to shit and the wheelbite is too much (medium loose Ventures).

I'm on some 54 Loopholes. The square shape ones. Love everything about them. They power through everything without being too big or wide (might be the formula helping here, too). I might try the v-cuts next for some more width/stability.
[close]

Thanks for the responses. I was afraid of the answers. ‘Preciate it tho.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3497 on: January 12, 2021, 10:30:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There are so many more sellers that ONLY sell fake product, as per that guy - everything he is selling is fake, some might look very similar but there are always inconsistencies.  For the most part, almost all the buyers would never know it is fake, which is the biggest issue, especially if they are paying closer to retail prices and have a not so good experience.

The more interesting thing to me, ( and I am not going to buy fake stuff,) but I do wonder how it actually skates compared to the real product, so if you do come by some and they don't ask for it back, get out there and give it a belting and see how it does hold up.

The fake market is growing on a massive scale, especially with so much product still not being widely available on the global market, so sometimes it might be so well done that even people who know might find it hard to tell the difference.

Almost always if it is a no name seller on ebay or other online platform, with no shop link or something like that, it is going to be fake or hot product.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3498 on: January 12, 2021, 10:40:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
On the topic of wheels: I skate ‘better’ on 50-52, live in a crusty zone. At what point in escalating wheel size do more spots become available to people?

[close]

[close]

I always had a few boards set up with different sized wheels, all usually started out the same size, Spitfires most about the 56mm various graphics to 59mm bigheads, but I would always have at least one board that was below 50mm and one that was a lot closer to new 59mm and depending on what terrain I would skate, I could pick and choose which board I would ride.  To most people this was a bit ridiculous.

Although I had way too many of all the same board, it was fun, but now I usually just have two boards kicking around in the car, one with about 56mm (newer wheels) and one with the same wheels down around 52mm, so that is pretty much everything covered.

I know some guys that use the same board but always carry a spare set or two of wheels with bearings in them, all done up on a shoe lace, so if they want to skate something specific, they change the wheels out, but to me that is more of a pain.  It definitely works for them though.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3499 on: January 12, 2021, 11:46:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

There are so many more sellers that ONLY sell fake product, as per that guy - everything he is selling is fake, some might look very similar but there are always inconsistencies.  For the most part, almost all the buyers would never know it is fake, which is the biggest issue, especially if they are paying closer to retail prices and have a not so good experience.

The more interesting thing to me, ( and I am not going to buy fake stuff,) but I do wonder how it actually skates compared to the real product, so if you do come by some and they don't ask for it back, get out there and give it a belting and see how it does hold up.

The fake market is growing on a massive scale, especially with so much product still not being widely available on the global market, so sometimes it might be so well done that even people who know might find it hard to tell the difference.

Almost always if it is a no name seller on ebay or other online platform, with no shop link or something like that, it is going to be fake or hot product.

The wheels are horrible, that much I can attest to. Can't bring myself to buy a fake Baker board to test it out, but I've heard mixed reviews; even experienced riders haven't said bad things about it.

Fake Venture Titaniums are a laugh too:

"Part came with a small defect, but everything was settled with the seller"

This ain't no small defect.....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3500 on: January 13, 2021, 12:21:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
On the topic of wheels: I skate ‘better’ on 50-52, live in a crusty zone. At what point in escalating wheel size do more spots become available to people?

[close]

[close]

[close]

I always had a few boards set up with different sized wheels, all usually started out the same size, Spitfires most about the 56mm various graphics to 59mm bigheads, but I would always have at least one board that was below 50mm and one that was a lot closer to new 59mm and depending on what terrain I would skate, I could pick and choose which board I would ride.  To most people this was a bit ridiculous.

Although I had way too many of all the same board, it was fun, but now I usually just have two boards kicking around in the car, one with about 56mm (newer wheels) and one with the same wheels down around 52mm, so that is pretty much everything covered.

I know some guys that use the same board but always carry a spare set or two of wheels with bearings in them, all done up on a shoe lace, so if they want to skate something specific, they change the wheels out, but to me that is more of a pain.  It definitely works for them though.

I’m the same, I now have two boards; one with 52s and the other with 56s, covers all my bases!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3501 on: January 13, 2021, 02:12:12 AM »

Did you do the magnet test too? 

Titanium is not magnetic, so if a magnet sticks to the axle, they are not titanium.

And just to keep it relevant, those fake Spitfires were crap after all?

This makes me happy, because I really don't want to get any, but I was itching to try some.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3502 on: January 13, 2021, 07:22:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did you do the magnet test too? 

Titanium is not magnetic, so if a magnet sticks to the axle, they are not titanium.

And just to keep it relevant, those fake Spitfires were crap after all?

This makes me happy, because I really don't want to get any, but I was itching to try some.

I ordered. Pair of the fake Ventures but they didn't arrive after 2 months so I got a refund.

Yes the fake Spitfires are horrible. They're round and they roll, not good if you like sliding.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Diocletian

« Reply #3503 on: January 13, 2021, 08:31:27 AM »
I can't believe these posts with the fake spits/indys/ventures...wow.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3504 on: January 13, 2021, 09:49:26 AM »
Y'all wack for buying that shit

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 747
« Reply #3505 on: January 13, 2021, 10:05:48 AM »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3506 on: January 13, 2021, 10:25:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Y'all wack for buying that shit
[close]

Counterfeit skate stuff isn't a big problem in the US which rarely has shortage of quality skate products, everywhere else in the world felt the gear shortage in 2020 more acutely, hence the prominence of these Counterfeits. I won't begrudge anyone buying or riding them, everyone has different abilities to spend on skateboarding and we should support what keeps the industry alive when we can afford it.

This is the quality of stuff that developing parts of Asia (Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines) and its even crept into parts of Australia. I have no qualms with people buying and riding counterfeits, people have been doing that with luxury goods for the longest times. But sellers scamming people and telling buyers their stuff is genuine is where I thought I should step in and say something, at least within my own country.

I bought and tested a couple of sets of counterfeit spitfire wheels to do a comparison against the legit stuff; give them a fair shake to they were worth the $25 price tag. Unfortunately they weren't, hence the series of posts to educate others on how to spot the genuine and fake wheels. They are ok for $10 wheels, but definitely a rip off for $25 while bearing the spitfire brand name.

If people are spending their hard earned money buying skate product, they deserve to know if it's legit or at the very least know how to spot fakes.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rumstove

• Rep: 3
« Reply #3507 on: January 13, 2021, 10:59:09 AM »
I'm all about soft wheels right now as I enjoy cruising more and more. Looking to replace my hard as a rock Ricta Core 55mm with some Ricta 56mm/78a. My only hangup is do I go with Clouds or Chrome Clouds? Any thoughts on either one? I did look at the OJ Mini Super Juice (55mm/78a) but they are wider and would stick out a bit too much for my liking on this setup.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3508 on: January 13, 2021, 11:54:47 AM »
I'm all about soft wheels right now as I enjoy cruising more and more. Looking to replace my hard as a rock Ricta Core 55mm with some Ricta 56mm/78a. My only hangup is do I go with Clouds or Chrome Clouds? Any thoughts on either one? I did look at the OJ Mini Super Juice (55mm/78a) but they are wider and would stick out a bit too much for my liking on this setup.
i don’t know the difference in those ricta. Chrome clouds newer? Also could try oj Keyframes theyre 78a and well liked. Mine held up. Super juice are a 100% cruiser wheel, shaped as so. You looking for a street classic shape but softer durometer? Ricta also makes an 80-range too, and there are now harder 95a on nomads out for a middle ground.

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3509 on: January 13, 2021, 12:09:21 PM »
I think Keyframes come in 78 and 87a... honestly unless you’re just after pure downhill speed the 87a are amazingly fun. Soft-but-still-slightly-firm. Skate them anywhere, crust/street/park.

I’ve got a set of 52mm clouds (78) and I guess they feel ok too. Not as soft as others in that range (76-78) I’ve tried but I don’t like the feel of a street cut shape in that type of eurethane personally.