Author Topic: Epicly Later'd: Chocolate Skateboards  (Read 49100 times)

Patey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
Re: Epicly Later'd: Chocolate Skateboards
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2014, 12:54:07 PM »
yeah, i'm gonna go out on a limb and conjecture they did not smuggle cocaine across the world so they could eat it and pep up for a demo. sometimes a cigar is just a penis. sorry, freudian slip.
ps if you've ever tried to skate on coke you'd know how jittery/heart attacky it feels.

Who said they smuggled it? They could have got it there

Not saying it is or it isnt, just an interesting thought

shark tits

« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2014, 01:21:58 PM »
well if they were suffering from jet lag i'm guessing they went straight to the hotel and the only cocaine to be found was coffee. if they'd been there a few days sure they could've copped but they'd have become acclimated by then.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2014, 01:36:33 PM »
i assumed that they probably put some in their mouths like chewing tobacco and got the caffeine that way. i dont think you would have to eat the grounds for the caffeine to get into your body, but im sure you could put a lipper in and it would work. as stupid as doing lippers of coffee sounds, its sounds a lot better than eating it.

shark tits

« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2014, 01:46:52 PM »
i've seen people do it in jail. seems pretty gross but so are some of the things i'm into. think they eat it but maybe just let it enter their inner lips capillaries and work it's magic.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2014, 04:42:52 PM »
Instant coffee duh!  When in in a rush ive taken my coffee crunchy, but never just ate the coffee particles

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #155 on: November 04, 2014, 10:19:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure Keenan had good hook ups in Australia.

You also don't have to read too deeply between the lines to see that he was into it pretty heavily. It wasn't just a one off line at a party.

May be it was coffee, just seems unlikely to me...Also notice Lee Smith was the only guy to directly mention coke and even he double checked if he should.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

shark tits

« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2014, 10:33:30 PM »
yeah but once they got him talking about drugs there was no shutting him up. he should just narrate paulo and guy's descent as well as all the babyfaces that we'd be shocked to hear about. lee smith open mic, topic 'which ones of my friends were/are into hard drugs.'

dillanharp

« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »
I've eaten coffee for that same reason. They were in a hotel, hotels have those coffee packets in the room. You guys gotta remember this is pre red bull and 5 hour energy.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2014, 11:52:29 PM »
I've eaten coffee for that same reason. They were in a hotel, hotels have those coffee packets in the room. You guys gotta remember this is pre red bull and 5 hour energy.

I definitely pictured a jittery Sylvester the cat having a difficult time typing this out.

aol

« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »
they should drop names as to who was giving him the coke and was by the pool with him.

that way we can go kill them. perhaps in a long drawn out water boarding fiasco where we get them to admit their guilt and eventually just hold 'em under.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2014, 12:00:55 AM »
they should drop names as to who was giving him the coke and was by the pool with him.

that way we can go kill them. perhaps in a long drawn out water boarding fiasco where we get them to admit their guilt and eventually just hold 'em under.

ASL?  :)

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #161 on: November 05, 2014, 08:37:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ASL?  :)

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Kermitthefrog

• Rep: 4
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2014, 07:31:51 AM »

Just sniff some glue

• Rep: -3
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2014, 07:46:10 AM »
Sweet three is out

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2014, 08:06:40 AM »
Part 3: http://www.vice.com/video/chocolate-part-3-851

It's funny Kenny said "14 years later"... it's actually like 23 years later right?
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

sharkbarf

• Rep: 2
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2014, 09:11:27 AM »

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2014, 09:17:23 AM »

It's funny Kenny said "14 years later"... it's actually like 23 years later right?

this is why he had very few options after high school.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2014, 09:43:41 AM »
interested to hear the input on the "new chocolate"on ep.4.  I wish they dove in more on the rest of the chocolate team like eldridge, roberts, devine etc.  growing up they were like the new chocolate guys and then they just blended in fine in my opinion.  Raven and Berle haven't really sunk in as chocolate riders in my eyes. I actually always see footage of berle riding dlx shit.  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:47:15 AM by Aatila »

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2014, 09:46:06 AM »
I remember looking through a CCS in 7th grade right before I started skating and the Hecox boards stood out from everything.  So distinct.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

doublesteveburger

« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2014, 09:53:37 AM »
That Kenny footage is fucking timeless. One of my favorite Epicly Later'd episodes to date.

Always very hesitant when seeing Pops pop up on screen due to what can possibly come out of his mouth.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2014, 10:26:32 AM »
Kenny looking like that guy from Last Samurai

And Hexoc is the man. Definitely that other pro on Chocolate even if he ins't a skater.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ALZ

• Rep: 1
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2014, 11:03:03 AM »
Is there anyway to dl this? going by train tomorrow without internet and would be fun to watch it  ;D

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2014, 11:15:12 AM »
That Kenny footage is fucking timeless. One of my favorite.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2014, 11:25:10 AM »
How do you gleam over Scott Johnston and all the other team additions?
Kenny never seemed more pivotal than any of the other riders, didn't expect a whole episode dedicated to him.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2014, 11:39:06 AM »
Kenny never seemed more pivotal than any of the other riders, didn't expect a whole episode dedicated to him.

Scott was part of the earlier additions, which they mentioned in part 2, but really focused on Stevie instead. Out of the pro additions around Yeah Right and Hot Chocolate, i think they focused on Kenny because he's a legend and guys like Marc and Pops have already had full episodes done on them. Kenny may of just been the most open about his story, and he's prolly more interesting than Eldridge or Roberts, especially considering his connection to Brian Lotti.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2014, 01:05:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Scott was part of the earlier additions, which they mentioned in part 2, but really focused on Stevie instead. Out of the pro additions around Yeah Right and Hot Chocolate, i think they focused on Kenny because he's a legend and guys like Marc and Pops have already had full episodes done on them. Kenny may of just been the most open about his story, and he's prolly more interesting than Eldridge or Roberts, especially considering his connection to Brian Lotti.
I figured Kenny needed the marketing for Cons as well. I just think SJ really added A lot to Chocolate and with how good of friends they all are it wouldve been cool to hear more about how Mad Circle fell apart and what he did in between. I noticed him riding an element board and wearing a t shirt in a 411 around that time frame. Probably not something he wants to relive.
I also enjoyed the info about Hecox, cool to finally see something about him and pretty cool how he is loyal to those guys.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2014, 01:24:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I figured Kenny needed the marketing for Cons as well. I just think SJ really added A lot to Chocolate and with how good of friends they all are it wouldve been cool to hear more about how Mad Circle fell apart and what he did in between. I noticed him riding an element board and wearing a t shirt in a 411 around that time frame. Probably not something he wants to relive.
I also enjoyed the info about Hecox, cool to finally see something about him and pretty cool how he is loyal to those guys.

I agree I would of liked more focus on Scott Johnston, but who know's how open in his interview/ available he would of been to go back to DC and show where he grew up, similar to how Kenny went to vegas to film that. But i think they actually glossed over him more for the Stevie story at the end of part 2,  because they just casually mentioned how him and stevie just got on right before Chocolate tour video.

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2014, 02:24:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

A rarity indeed. Struck to me out as well.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

Greg Road

« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2014, 04:08:58 PM »
Kenny is an awesome skater but he's also kind of forgettable. MJ is amazing but I can't stand listening to him talk about anything.

Soggy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2014, 04:51:56 PM »
chocolate is boring