Author Topic: Epicly Later'd: Chocolate Skateboards  (Read 49103 times)

spliffMODE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
Re: Epicly Later'd: Chocolate Skateboards
« Reply #271 on: November 14, 2014, 05:15:36 AM »
MJ airing Pops out.

Pops still seems to be a bit selective in his narrative too, didn't Crailtap supply HD equipment or a filmer and didn't get a single thing.

4wheels

« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2014, 05:43:22 AM »
MJ airing Pops out.

Pops still seems to be a bit selective in his narrative too, didn't Crailtap supply HD equipment or a filmer and didn't get a single thing.

crailtap spent like 12,000 to get a filmer set up and everything but pops didnt come up with any footage. Ty Evens talks about it in his jenkem interview

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #273 on: November 14, 2014, 07:17:58 AM »
Expand Quote
MJ airing Pops out.

[close]
crailtap spent like 12,000 to get a filmer set up and everything but pops didnt come up with any footage. Ty Evens talks about it in his jenkem interview

Pops is a whiny twat

Seriously his voice is like a 'Valley girl' - sorry, you get 2 years to complete a project and you can't get your act together for it, you deserve the boot!

So it took him 6 months to do anything, even contact his sponsors to ask about why he wasn't getting paid?

Umm, sorry if i didn't turn up for work for 6 months, I think it would be pretty clear all round both parties had moved on

Anything he's put out in the last 7 years has been pretty crap, he fell off pretty hard after leaving Workshops umbrella, Mariano got bumped from Pro ranks, then made a come back, didn't cry about it, put it out there, got back on his feet

Pop's waaahhh, waaahh, waaahh every interview - 'I don't care, I'm not bitter....' you fucking are mate, you got given a golden ticket, instead of being thankful and working you ass off like everyone else and appreciating it, you wipe your arse with it and now it's everyone else's fault

Puelo and him should start a company called 'Bitter', get FA to back it, I'm sure it'll sell millions
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Getty

• Rep: 49
« Reply #274 on: November 14, 2014, 08:00:33 AM »
Every time I get excited about the thought of future series E.L. should do, I get simultaneously bummed that these have become watered down and mostly long winded advertisements for the spotlight company or skater. I guess I was just hoping for more grit. It's a real catch-22, but could they not have at least mentioned Jesus or Devine's exit or Ricardo Carvalho?

Yeah, I used to be a little bummed at EL, feeling like it's a great concept but hobbled by odell's ineptitude as an interviewer, but the episodes have definitely got tighter, and at least now you don't have to hear or see odell as much. EL is what it is. It's fun sometimes, but Jenkem's where you go for actual interviewing these days.

dillanharp

« Reply #275 on: November 14, 2014, 08:36:46 AM »
I don't know, a shortys series would be interesting, but seriously, have you guys heard muska and smolik speak? Jesus, it'd be awful.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2014, 08:54:11 AM »
i don't know. it sounds like Pops kind of blames himself.

and everyone else interviewed seemed to hold no ill will, so MJ's "bitter" thing seemed like kind of a strawman argument in the context of this Epicly Later'd, even if some people ARE actually more bitter than they're letting on, or the bitter ones weren't interviewed

dillanharp

« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2014, 08:59:10 AM »
Marc's not bitter, he just doesn't give a fuck.

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -7
« Reply #278 on: November 14, 2014, 09:35:39 AM »
Expand Quote
MJ airing Pops out.

[close]

So let me get this staright: after that Chocolate stopped paying him. And then, here it comes, Pops calls up Smyth and asks him to start paying him again and send another filmer his way while complaining about his paycuts?! That's awesome! Way to go Pops!

This was an awesome series though! It covered a lot of stuff that hasn't been touched upon before.

Billy Ocean

• Rep: 30
« Reply #279 on: November 14, 2014, 09:43:07 AM »
How could you take away anything but the fact that pro skating fucking sucks from that last part.  It's basically a mediocre paying job that will ACTUALLY pay you for around 8-9 years then leave you with no job (maybe a pro board) and no skills.  Unless you are street leaguing you're fucked.

With the amount of downtime pros have, I don't see why they couldn't gradually get their college degree or develop some other type of skill. Robbie McKinley and Ben Sanchez are good examples of guys who developed something else and moved on gracefully. It's the lazy guys and druggies that get left with shit.
"Suck a dick, bitch." - Joey Boy

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #280 on: November 14, 2014, 09:44:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
MJ airing Pops out.

[close]
[close]

Pops is a whiny twat

Seriously his voice is like a 'Valley girl' - sorry, you get 2 years to complete a project and you can't get your act together for it, you deserve the boot!

So it took him 6 months to do anything, even contact his sponsors to ask about why he wasn't getting paid?

Umm, sorry if i didn't turn up for work for 6 months, I think it would be pretty clear all round both parties had moved on

Anything he's put out in the last 7 years has been pretty crap, he fell off pretty hard after leaving Workshops umbrella, Mariano got bumped from Pro ranks, then made a come back, didn't cry about it, put it out there, got back on his feet

Pop's waaahhh, waaahh, waaahh every interview - 'I don't care, I'm not bitter....' you fucking are mate, you got given a golden ticket, instead of being thankful and working you ass off like everyone else and appreciating it, you wipe your arse with it and now it's everyone else's fault

Puelo and him should start a company called 'Bitter', get FA to back it, I'm sure it'll sell millions

amen. though, puleo still produces footage, without the aid of sponsors, and he's almost 10 years older than pops.

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
« Reply #281 on: November 14, 2014, 09:49:27 AM »
MJ airing Pops out.

Seemed like MJ was airing everyone out to me, not in a bad way though
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

Getty

• Rep: 49
« Reply #282 on: November 14, 2014, 11:10:50 AM »
It's kinda all been said about pops. The dude is depressing to listen to at this point. I kinda wish people would stop pointing the camera at him.

The part that trips me out the most though about his whole delusional "I can't produce unless I'm getting paid" thing is that this is the dude who started his career sleeping at the fucking seaport benches & skating his ass off. It's like he's somehow completely forgot that 99.9% of the skaters on the planet don't get paid a dime OR even get free shit, & youtube is FULL of sick video parts by dudes who also hold down full time jobs.

MJ, on the other hand - there's a dude who gets it.:)

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2014, 11:39:14 AM »
Expand Quote
How could you take away anything but the fact that pro skating fucking sucks from that last part.  It's basically a mediocre paying job that will ACTUALLY pay you for around 8-9 years then leave you with no job (maybe a pro board) and no skills.  Unless you are street leaguing you're fucked.
[close]

getting paid anything to skate, chill and explore the world sounds like a good deal to me.
yeah it is, the Tim O'connor thing is BS, those dudes have plenty of downtime on tour, theres an old Sal story where he puts a bunch of pros on blast cuz they end up in exotic locals and all they want to do is go to the mall to find colors of airmax's that you can't get in the US. I lot of pros are just lame truthfully, idk if anyone has been to any of the Make  A Wish skate jams in Houston but you will generally find more pros getting drunk in the shitty coragated steel warehouse bar across the street from the park than skating an amazing park raising money for a good cause, and i know any houston heads on here will attest to this.

icybear187

• Rep: -48
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »
Its comical to hear MJ of all people airing people out about having issues.  He himself was this // close to getting the boot because of his drinking problem.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2014, 12:24:15 PM »
Its comical to hear MJ of all people airing people out about having issues.  He himself was this // close to getting the boot because of his drinking problem.
i kind of thought the same thing but then quickly realized that within his stint as an alcoholic he also pulled together a 20 minute long mind-blowing last part in one of the biggest skate videos ever..... i doubt the ice ever got too thin.

is jesus fernandez even on anymore? his name is on the team page but i don't see any of his boards?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #286 on: November 14, 2014, 12:25:12 PM »
Its comical to hear MJ of all people airing people out about having issues.  He himself was this // close to getting the boot because of his drinking problem.

and he still delivered a fuckin 3 song part in fully flared.

Heather Chandler

« Reply #287 on: November 14, 2014, 12:41:02 PM »
Anthony Pappalardo is such a bitch.  Like any job, you have to work hard and always stay on top of, or ahead of, the game.  He didn't for whatever reasons, and couldn't pull himself back up.  End story, why anyone gives this whiny cunt a platform to speak is beyond me.

icybear187

• Rep: -48
« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2014, 12:47:17 PM »
All the footage in the world won't get anyone back the loss of friendships, family, and piece of mind that he lost and has had to work to get back what little pieces he could because of his behavior while battling his demons.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2014, 01:38:59 PM »
also didn't chocolate recently send Pops to australia? like long after PS came out

shark tits

« Reply #290 on: November 14, 2014, 01:47:20 PM »
was mj ever really on thin ice? pops and paulo didn't get 10 yrs to fuck off and do nothing. lord forgive me for saying this but mulder really looks like shit.

abudabi

« Reply #291 on: November 14, 2014, 01:49:01 PM »
All the footage in the world won't get anyone back the loss of friendships, family, and piece of mind that he lost and has had to work to get back what little pieces he could because of his behavior while battling his demons.
yeahhhh but what you said was the he was very close to being kicked off the team, and i dont think you have any proof of that. mj was really popular while he was fucking up, he was probably selling a lot of boards. i doubt chocolate, lakai, or matix would have kicked him off for drinking

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 408
« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2014, 01:58:05 PM »
also didn't chocolate recently send Pops to australia? like long after PS came out

I don't know about Australia, but I think they flew him out to LA around the time he had that one interview where he laid bare his issues and what happened with Converse.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
« Reply #293 on: November 14, 2014, 02:10:08 PM »
how many episodes are there going to be for this one?  I usually wait to watch them until they are all out...but it's getting hard to wait for this one.
hardly art, hardly starving

dillanharp

« Reply #294 on: November 14, 2014, 02:11:42 PM »
how many episodes are there going to be for this one?  I usually wait to watch them until they are all out...but it's getting hard to wait for this one.
4, it's done. Watch away.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #295 on: November 14, 2014, 03:29:24 PM »
I have no sympathy for Pops
For Your Health

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #296 on: November 14, 2014, 03:53:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

getting paid anything to skate, chill and explore the world sounds like a good deal to me.
[close]
It sounds amazing, but I love how Tim O'Connor explained it. "Yo, i'm going to this awesome country, going to australia" "Thats so awesome" "Ya, it is, but when i get their i'm gonna hang out behind a K-mart near a dumpster where theres this embankment thats kind of good to skate"
Starts around the 6 minute mark, but the whole interview is filled with gold.

that was amazing
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

asakusa75

« Reply #297 on: November 14, 2014, 04:52:19 PM »
I have no sympathy for Pops

Zero.
Cunts cooked.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #298 on: November 15, 2014, 12:46:26 AM »
I hated Pops before it was cool to hate Pops.

His whining is embarrassing.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #299 on: November 15, 2014, 07:31:35 AM »
So you actually pronounce the Y in Smyth...