Author Topic: BATB 8  (Read 186040 times)

Erngh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: BATB 8
« Reply #330 on: April 05, 2015, 06:00:37 PM »
shit that was more entertaining that I thought

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -274
« Reply #331 on: April 05, 2015, 08:01:01 PM »
Miles kickflip. Froth.

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #332 on: April 05, 2015, 08:10:28 PM »
That was a nerve racking game. I was nervous, and Miles and Koston both skated like the were nervous. It was weird to see that many missed tricks in game. Also looked like Miles almost rolled his ankle on that first attempt on the heelflip. Imagine if someone hurt themselves at BATB?

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #333 on: April 05, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »
Kostons gotta be a favorite to win the whole thing, he has every trick and learned hardlips

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #334 on: April 05, 2015, 09:20:41 PM »
I don't see why Koston is always in this. Its not like hes going to win, not saying hes not good enough to win im saying that it would be really lame to win your own contest

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #335 on: April 05, 2015, 09:51:03 PM »
I don't see why Koston is always in this. Its not like hes going to win, not saying hes not good enough to win im saying that it would be really lame to win your own contest

I think it's better now then when it was the Eric Koston's Es game of skate, still I get your point. I was always so curious what would happen if he won that.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #336 on: April 05, 2015, 09:53:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think it's better now then when it was the Eric Koston's Es game of skate, still I get your point. I was always so curious what would happen if he won that.

Yeah im just bummed about the last game, i mean Miles could have gone the distance (see what i did there?).

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -274
« Reply #337 on: April 05, 2015, 10:11:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ask Joey Brezinski.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #338 on: April 05, 2015, 10:15:18 PM »
awww man, first time on that site in forever and they switched up that "never stop hopping fences" sign. That sad, ironic bullshit in a private skatepark was probably the only thing I liked about the berrics.

drewdc

• Rep: -85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #339 on: April 05, 2015, 10:20:47 PM »
as much as some of you hate to admit , Koston can pretty much land all flatground tricks

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #340 on: April 05, 2015, 10:37:16 PM »
that switch back three was perfect!  :o

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #341 on: April 05, 2015, 11:30:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ask Joey Brezinski.

Haha oh man forgot all about that. Did anyone ever give him shit for doing that?
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #342 on: April 06, 2015, 04:21:24 AM »
did koston actually ever even win those Es' games of skate?    i thought Prod beat him
where is home?

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #343 on: April 06, 2015, 04:59:02 AM »
did koston actually ever even win those Es' games of skate?    i thought Prod beat him

He never won one of them.  Hahaha

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #344 on: April 06, 2015, 08:36:23 AM »
did koston actually ever even win those Es' games of skate?    i thought Prod beat him.

PJ LADD

Chicken in a Can

« Reply #345 on: April 06, 2015, 12:02:31 PM »
jim bates

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #346 on: April 06, 2015, 12:30:12 PM »

rocketofftopic

• Rep: 37
« Reply #347 on: April 06, 2015, 12:59:01 PM »
may xenu have mercy on your thetan

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #348 on: April 06, 2015, 01:07:35 PM »
I understand the Joes are nervous and all but he missed a b/s flip. Come on.

To be fair, so did Koston.

And, unrelated to this kid, does anyone else find Canadian skaters, on average, more bland?

Canada (and everything Canadian) is more bland. That's a country that disdains indivduality and flamboyance.

Don't think I've heard Rick Howard, McCrank, Haslem or Apples being called bland before.

Personality-wise what do these dudes all have in common? Soft-spokenness [blandness]....
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:12:59 PM by Commercial D »
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #349 on: April 06, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »

damn, i need to up my switch game. that was sick.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #350 on: April 06, 2015, 05:34:16 PM »
Expand Quote
I understand the Joes are nervous and all but he missed a b/s flip. Come on.
[close]

To be fair, so did Koston.

Expand Quote

And, unrelated to this kid, does anyone else find Canadian skaters, on average, more bland?
[close]

Canada (and everything Canadian) is more bland. That's a country that disdains indivduality and flamboyance.

Expand Quote

Don't think I've heard Rick Howard, McCrank, Haslem or Apples being called bland before.

[close]

Personality-wise what do these dudes all have in common? Soft-spokenness [blandness]....
Hey man watch your tone there.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #351 on: April 06, 2015, 07:16:55 PM »
Hey man watch your tone there.

Sorry Hitman. You're one Canadian that's anything but bland!  :D
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

wattscain

« Reply #352 on: April 07, 2015, 08:27:51 AM »
Nah... They typically put all tries in there.

Late response from me. Didn't noticed you posted this. I disagree that they put all the tries in there. Look at the Pudwill v Sewa game. At the end of the game interview, they show a miss from Sewa and Pudwill that were not in the game. I guess because the two misses put them back where they started so why show them. Of course that's just one example and I always wondered why in the older games when participants would say their game was long yet they were all edited to relatively the same length.

I don't doubt any pros ability to be consistent, but after 7 of these events, I'm certain there is more editing than it appears. It's like you guys spending 2 to 3 hours to produce 10 second trick.

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #353 on: April 07, 2015, 11:23:36 AM »
Expand Quote
You assume that Daewon or Gonz wanted to be in the BATB.
[close]

Don't put them on the ballet then. Pretty simple stuff.

Expand Quote
That Kevin guy seemed the pinnacle of the boring Canadian skater archetype: fully fitted in dope-ass-chill-ass Red Dragons Apparel, no affect to his voice, and rocking some nice ear buds (bumping sweet sounds, we can only assume; like Nickelback).

Also, what a strange chin. I'm 99.99% certain a young skater boi like him wouldn't go under the knife; but, in any other circumstances, I'd assume you'd only get a chin like that via plastic surgery.

And, unrelated to this kid, does anyone else find Canadian skaters, on average, more bland? Like, even if their maneuvers are gnarly, their footage is more likely to just come off kind of staid? In a nationality-based sense, I'd say Canadians are the antithesis of Australians; the latter group seemly producing the most watchable, raucous, getting-buck skaters per capita.
[close]

lol.... +1 have to basically agree. Plenty of exceptions of course, Mcrank,Travis Stenger, Wad Desarmo, etc.
I completely disagree Most Canadians are there own person and are much more entertaining then the American counter parts. I would love to go skate Canada some day. Most American skaters copy too much from each other I would love to go to Canada.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #354 on: April 08, 2015, 06:12:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Late response from me. Didn't noticed you posted this. I disagree that they put all the tries in there. Look at the Pudwill v Sewa game. At the end of the game interview, they show a miss from Sewa and Pudwill that were not in the game. I guess because the two misses put them back where they started so why show them. Of course that's just one example and I always wondered why in the older games when participants would say their game was long yet they were all edited to relatively the same length.

I don't doubt any pros ability to be consistent, but after 7 of these events, I'm certain there is more editing than it appears. It's like you guys spending 2 to 3 hours to produce 10 second trick.

<typically, slap posters have low reading comprehension>
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:16:44 PM by Iceman »

ungzilla

« Reply #355 on: April 08, 2015, 06:30:42 PM »
love canadians, love dime, thanks canada

wattscain

« Reply #356 on: April 08, 2015, 07:35:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, this is a silly response to my statement. I don't think there was any confusion about the nature of this discussion. Yet you focused on one word that really does not tap into the theme of the conversation. Pretty shallow response. However, I'll play along. How about this to satisfy your sense of reading comprehension:

DGKalis: "They typically put all the tries in there."

Lizzie Borden: "They typically don't"

Problem solved
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:39:14 PM by Lizzie Borden »

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #357 on: April 08, 2015, 08:08:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, this is a silly response to my statement. I don't think there was any confusion about the nature of this discussion. Yet you focused on one word that really does not tap into the theme of the conversation. Pretty shallow response. However, I'll play along. How about this to satisfy your sense of reading comprehension:

Problem solved

silly response, sure. humor was intended. but i did focus on a key word that you, for some reason, neglected. this word plays a crucial role in josh's statement. to help you out: you could substitute his "typically" for "usually" or "normally" or "commonly" or "ordinarily"...it means not always, but happens to be the case in most situations. you get my drift. it obviously clarifies the context of his comment.

beyond all that, kalis would know, and you wouldn't. pay attention to all the words and learn the meaning of each of them before making a foolish suggestion that insinuates that one of the most respected pros with a high level of integrity doesn't know what he's talking about, but that you somehow know better than he does.

the problem has now been solved.

have a good night.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:24:19 PM by Iceman »

wattscain

« Reply #358 on: April 08, 2015, 09:01:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Problem solved
[close]

silly response, sure. humor was intended. but i did focus on a key word that you, for some reason, neglected. this word plays a crucial role in josh's statement. to help you out: you could substitute his "typically" for "usually" or "normally" or "commonly" or "ordinarily"...it means not always, but happens to be the case in most situations. you get my drift. it obviously clarifies the context of his comment.

beyond all that, kalis would know, and you wouldn't. pay attention to all the words and learn the meaning of each of them before making a foolish suggestion that insinuates that one of the most respected pros with a high level of integrity doesn't know what he's talking about, but that you somehow know better than he does.

the problem has now been solved.

have a good night.

My understanding of his statement is clear. I just disagree and obviously that bothers you because it seems you feel his words are infallible. I don't doubt his integrity but I don't think that it equates to iron clad truth, especially since there seems to be evidence that shows otherwise. Okay, I won't disagree with Kalis anymore if that makes you feel better
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:54:32 PM by Lizzie Borden »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #359 on: April 08, 2015, 09:49:41 PM »
Fucking hell. This is more boring than some of my lessons. Typically, this kind of argument ends up going nowhere.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE