Author Topic: Fucking Awesome Tour  (Read 47730 times)

yeahisaidit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
Re: Fucking Awesome Tour
« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2015, 06:32:22 AM »
Expand Quote
I've bought one FA board from Labor because of Gino. FA recently took away Labor's account for god knows what reason, perhaps the same reason why they didn't have it in the first place, which was proximity to Supreme. I'm just one person, but they just lost one person that will ever buy an FA board again.
[close]

so your taking something that is not personal very personal, everybody knows how Dill and Supreme love one another.

Actually it is personal. I've been going to labor since the beginning. My allegiance to the shop is greater than to a brand run by someone like Dill, or jimibritches, or whomever.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1201
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2015, 06:37:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've bought one FA board from Labor because of Gino. FA recently took away Labor's account for god knows what reason, perhaps the same reason why they didn't have it in the first place, which was proximity to Supreme. I'm just one person, but they just lost one person that will ever buy an FA board again.
[close]

so your taking something that is not personal very personal, everybody knows how Dill and Supreme love one another.
[close]

Actually it is personal. I've been going to labor since the beginning. My allegiance to the shop is greater than to a brand run by someone like Dill, or jimibritches, or whomever.

agree.  it's a legitimate reason to not back the brand
hardly art, hardly starving

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2015, 08:47:48 AM »
james at labor is a solid dude.  that's kind of fucked up to just pull the account.  it's one thing if you don't open up an account with a shop due to proximity to another shop, but opening it, and then taking it back is some indian giver shit. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2015, 10:41:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Couldn't agree more.

fredtempleton

• Rep: -11
« Reply #184 on: April 10, 2015, 10:09:47 PM »
Expand Quote
All you chameleons will eat any dick you're fed and fucking awesome has zero chance of surviving the next paradigm shift. Nothing but a caboose on the ofwgkta hype train that's steadily approaching irrelevancy.
[close]

I too do not see FA lasting long at all. I imagine hockey will be scrapped even quicker.

tru at the same time ave, gino, kevin t, dylan and tyshawn prolly couldnt name one odd future song, sure they r linked with supreme and hypebeast and that circle blah blah but they r also pretty detached from it when u look at the riders individually i mean think what u want but theres a pretty obv difference between collecting every color way of flyknits and niggas like dylan lol   

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #185 on: April 10, 2015, 11:18:21 PM »
jimibritches looks like hes gonna o.d./or have a fat guy heartattack.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2015, 06:17:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Couldn't agree more.
agreed to all this, pretty wack, Must have been they gave them the account, Supreme caught wind and then put the screws to Dill(or whoever) and got them pulled..., bumbaclaat...

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2015, 01:27:36 PM »
I'm not saying you shouldn't back labor I'm just thinking about why you came to this conclusion  (never buying fa products again) without knowing any backstory to why this situation happened it all seems unnecessary, I don't know why this whole thing happened so who is at fault? (or do you know the backstory?)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:31:17 PM by juuhnuuh »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2015, 04:29:01 PM »
I'm not saying you shouldn't back labor I'm just thinking about why you came to this conclusion  (never buying fa products again) without knowing any backstory to why this situation happened it all seems unnecessary, I don't know why this whole thing happened so who is at fault? (or do you know the backstory?)

Regardless of what the behind the scenes were the dude is obviously loyal to the shop and has more of a desire to support them then he does FA. I buy Slave decks but I also buy exclusively from my shop and if they happened to stop selling Slaves I'd just get something else, not go somewhere else to buy a Slave.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2015, 04:30:51 PM »
I went to the Earl Sweatshirt show in Pittsburgh on Saturday night and the merch dudes selling FA tees told me "they tried to find shit to skate but it sucks here"

I asked him where they went, who they were with, he just said "the guys were real tired, they went out at like 1am to skate, they probably won't go out again"

On twitter and IG, you'll see people were trying to get at the team with no replies whatsoever..

They were definitely there though.. Sean pablo was standing cross-armed in the wings of backstage throughout the show. Nakel Smith was dj'ing and rapping with Earl
They must have been hungover or feeling lazy or something because there's tons of shit to skate in Pittsburgh, you just have to know where to look because everything is spaced out and you can't really skate from spot to spot. I'm sure they would have had no problem finding a tour guide if they wanted one.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2015, 07:15:06 PM »
Finding a tour guide requires effort which goes against FA's "too cool for school" ethos for this tour.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2015, 09:53:09 PM »

hahaha

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2015, 11:46:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hahaha

He's straight edge but the heart attack is possible/likely

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2015, 11:51:01 AM »
labor is awesome

ben3350

• Rep: -156
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2015, 08:46:08 PM »
FA telling people they are coming to their city and giving them a date, but then not giving any more info and acting like they showed up but no one else did is not cool, it's fucking lame. What's the fucking point, you're just wasting people's time.

They are apparently coming to atlanta next week, I'm not going to try to guess where they are going to see some people I look up to skate. what the fuck is that? I get its maybe a joke or something, but its a shitty joke. haha lets fuck with all the people who dig our shit, man we're so cool.

I was pretty neutral about FA as a company, but thought the team was dope. Never was crazy about the company, but now I definitely don't back it. That kind of shit makes me want them to fail.

OopsPoops

• Rep: 8
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2015, 08:52:18 PM »
FA telling people they are coming to their city and giving them a date, but then not giving any more info and acting like they showed up but no one else did is not cool, it's fucking lame. What's the fucking point, you're just wasting people's time.

They are apparently coming to atlanta next week, I'm not going to try to guess where they are going to see some people I look up to skate. what the fuck is that? I get its maybe a joke or something, but its a shitty joke. haha lets fuck with all the people who dig our shit, man we're so cool.

I was pretty neutral about FA as a company, but thought the team was dope. Never was crazy about the company, but now I definitely don't back it. That kind of shit makes me want them to fail.

I'm in the same fucking boat. Wanted to go see a demo, hangout, and god forbid buy some product and put money in their pockets.
Came home to Toronto during exams to try to see them, and they never posted any details...

Fuck that, Mother Collective it is then.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2015, 09:42:36 PM »
JimiBritches was telling people at the Pawnshop in Covina the whole tour was a joke and they were just hanging out with Earl
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2015, 09:52:11 PM »
That sounds like a very reasonable explanation and definitely not an excuse at all.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2015, 10:21:47 PM »
JimiBritches was telling people at the Pawnshop in Covina the whole tour was a joke and they were just hanging out with Earl

I'm 99% sure I saw Dill in LA when they were supposedly off touring.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #199 on: April 23, 2015, 11:42:13 PM »

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #200 on: April 24, 2015, 12:59:51 AM »
Did anything happen in Chicago? I imagine Uprise would know what was going on since they carry the boards.