Author Topic: Girl Deck Shapes  (Read 40758 times)

FrozenIndustries

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
Re: Girl Deck Shapes
« Reply #240 on: March 29, 2021, 07:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I ordered the Carroll 93 to Infinity 8.38. I've never had a Girl deck, but those dimensions were singing to me. It's PS Stix, I am comfy on flatter concave, and 18 year old me loved Mike...so off we go.
[close]

lol so I read all of this wrong and the one that I got is definitely not PS Stix, but the shape is lovely and the pop is very crisp. The wood is markedly different vs. BBS or PS, so I am intrigued as to how this will wear for me, but so far I like the nose, the pintail, and the feel of the concave. This is my first Crail board, as I had avoided them on my return to skating due to what I had read re: the quality.
[close]

The Chocolates and Girls Iíve skated lately have felt better than recent BBS boards Iíve had. Donít fall victim to the hive mind on here, try stuff for yourself and then form an opinion
[close]

Girl wood, for me, is second only to DSM (Dwindle and NHS - no idea if NHS is still using DSM); anything out of BBS or PS stix just feels mushy now.

Just chiming in with the same thing I always say: for me, crail boards pressure crack the first session but after that they stay crispy and never chip and I'll run them until they razor. Plus I like that the loveseat and couch are always around these days.
I know we aren't madness shaming in the gear section, come on were better than this.

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2021, 07:41:41 PM »
I've always avoided crail, but all these positive reviews recently of the wood makes me want to try them out. The shapes and concave seem great to me I just always heard they were mushy

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -104
  • <3
« Reply #242 on: March 29, 2021, 08:04:30 PM »
I'd buy Crail but I don't think I can do the shapes anymore.

Tried the 8.25 with 14 WB and it wasn't my vibe.

Currently lovin the 8.25 x 31.9 14.25 wb bbs(Baker) I'm riding right now.

Also, I don't think I can fuck with a brand who doesn't promote accountability
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 12:01:50 PM by TurdyBird »
The chillest1

Dan_562

• Rep: 1
« Reply #243 on: May 03, 2021, 08:08:19 PM »
Anyone know what factory crail used pre 2016?
Thanks in advance

FS_Overcrook

• Rep: 6
« Reply #244 on: May 03, 2021, 08:26:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I ordered the Carroll 93 to Infinity 8.38. I've never had a Girl deck, but those dimensions were singing to me. It's PS Stix, I am comfy on flatter concave, and 18 year old me loved Mike...so off we go.
[close]

lol so I read all of this wrong and the one that I got is definitely not PS Stix, but the shape is lovely and the pop is very crisp. The wood is markedly different vs. BBS or PS, so I am intrigued as to how this will wear for me, but so far I like the nose, the pintail, and the feel of the concave. This is my first Crail board, as I had avoided them on my return to skating due to what I had read re: the quality.
[close]

The Chocolates and Girls Iíve skated lately have felt better than recent BBS boards Iíve had. Donít fall victim to the hive mind on here, try stuff for yourself and then form an opinion

Agreed. I've been skating the wood consistently since the wood shop change a few years ago. Much stiffer, crispier, and a firmer pop/snap.

Dan_562

• Rep: 1
« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2021, 08:31:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Agreed. I've been skating the wood consistently since the wood shop change a few years ago. Much stiffer, crispier, and a firmer pop/snap.

Great to hear, left crail because their shit was trash after 2016(?) Going to show them some love again and see what's up.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2021, 11:25:05 PM »
i actually think they've recently done some PS runs.....

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2021, 05:31:32 AM »
Definitely liked the last girl and clutch deck I had more than the last DLX I had, which felt soggy and chipped easy. Didnít have as much as a problem with the uma. But at this
Point the clutch Iím skating now is more durable than dlx. I just want south central boards with a small wheel base. Theyíre hard to find. Bacon! Make an 8.5 with a 14.25.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:08:51 AM by Murge »

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 23
« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2021, 09:41:56 AM »
Has anyone rode the G033 shape? I'd like to try out a crail deck but their weird long tapered noses really suck for me, this shape seems more boxy (like quasi) can anyone confirm?

FrozenIndustries

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2021, 09:47:37 AM »
Has anyone rode the G033 shape? I'd like to try out a crail deck but their weird long tapered noses really suck for me, this shape seems more boxy (like quasi) can anyone confirm?

Not boxy (not pointy either). Very round nose and tail. Lots of flat leading up to some steeply-angled kicks.
I know we aren't madness shaming in the gear section, come on were better than this.