Author Topic: Girl Deck Shapes  (Read 84432 times)

FS_Overcrook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Girl Deck Shapes
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2021, 08:26:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I ordered the Carroll 93 to Infinity 8.38. I've never had a Girl deck, but those dimensions were singing to me. It's PS Stix, I am comfy on flatter concave, and 18 year old me loved Mike...so off we go.
[close]

lol so I read all of this wrong and the one that I got is definitely not PS Stix, but the shape is lovely and the pop is very crisp. The wood is markedly different vs. BBS or PS, so I am intrigued as to how this will wear for me, but so far I like the nose, the pintail, and the feel of the concave. This is my first Crail board, as I had avoided them on my return to skating due to what I had read re: the quality.
[close]

The Chocolates and Girls I’ve skated lately have felt better than recent BBS boards I’ve had. Don’t fall victim to the hive mind on here, try stuff for yourself and then form an opinion

Agreed. I've been skating the wood consistently since the wood shop change a few years ago. Much stiffer, crispier, and a firmer pop/snap.

Dan_562

• Rep: 1
« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2021, 08:31:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I ordered the Carroll 93 to Infinity 8.38. I've never had a Girl deck, but those dimensions were singing to me. It's PS Stix, I am comfy on flatter concave, and 18 year old me loved Mike...so off we go.
[close]

lol so I read all of this wrong and the one that I got is definitely not PS Stix, but the shape is lovely and the pop is very crisp. The wood is markedly different vs. BBS or PS, so I am intrigued as to how this will wear for me, but so far I like the nose, the pintail, and the feel of the concave. This is my first Crail board, as I had avoided them on my return to skating due to what I had read re: the quality.
[close]

The Chocolates and Girls I’ve skated lately have felt better than recent BBS boards I’ve had. Don’t fall victim to the hive mind on here, try stuff for yourself and then form an opinion
[close]

Agreed. I've been skating the wood consistently since the wood shop change a few years ago. Much stiffer, crispier, and a firmer pop/snap.

Great to hear, left crail because their shit was trash after 2016(?) Going to show them some love again and see what's up.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #242 on: May 03, 2021, 11:25:05 PM »
i actually think they've recently done some PS runs.....

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2021, 05:31:32 AM »
Definitely liked the last girl and clutch deck I had more than the last DLX I had, which felt soggy and chipped easy. Didn’t have as much as a problem with the uma. But at this
Point the clutch I’m skating now is more durable than dlx. I just want south central boards with a small wheel base. They’re hard to find. Bacon! Make an 8.5 with a 14.25.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:08:51 AM by Murge »

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2021, 09:41:56 AM »
Has anyone rode the G033 shape? I'd like to try out a crail deck but their weird long tapered noses really suck for me, this shape seems more boxy (like quasi) can anyone confirm?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2021, 09:47:37 AM »
Has anyone rode the G033 shape? I'd like to try out a crail deck but their weird long tapered noses really suck for me, this shape seems more boxy (like quasi) can anyone confirm?

Not boxy (not pointy either). Very round nose and tail. Lots of flat leading up to some steeply-angled kicks.

finalist

• Rep: 6
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2021, 09:49:18 PM »
I was looking at various girl decks today and noticed a Malto said PS Stix and it was a GO44 shape. All the other decks were the standard specs on the top that don’t say PS Stix.

... so what’s the deal. Are there some Girl decks made by PS Stix and most made in China? Here’s a pic of the graphic but when I check out the crail website this graphic isn’t even offered in GO44.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2021, 09:52:52 PM »
I was looking at various girl decks today and noticed a Malto said PS Stix and it was a GO44 shape. All the other decks were the standard specs on the top that don’t say PS Stix.

... so what’s the deal. Are there some Girl decks made by PS Stix and most made in China?

Yes exactly

What's more interesting is several people are saying that the newer Chinese decks are better than ps stix
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

finalist

• Rep: 6
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2021, 10:06:47 PM »
Expand Quote

... so what’s the deal. Are there some Girl decks made by PS Stix and most made in China?
[close]

Yes exactly

What's more interesting is several people are saying that the newer Chinese decks are better than ps stix

Is it random which are ps stix versus chinese or is there a pattern?
Im currently on a Chinese Go26 Gass Future OG deck and it’s holding VERY well. Three weeks of almost daily use and I’m 6’1 200 pounds. No stress cracks and doesn’t feel mushy.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2021, 10:13:31 PM »
https://crailstore.com/products/w40-d1-girl-wilson-power-og-deck/#filter:type=decks

From the Crail website it looks like only a fraction of "special edition" decks are done through PS Stix. The Wilson Power OG has the PS Stix laser etching, and the Mike Carroll reissue from last year was also PS Stix.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #250 on: July 08, 2021, 05:23:49 AM »
Bad crack sound from my G048 only two flat ground sessions in. Not convinced this is the type of wood that will withstand my 211 lbs. Didn’t have any problems with Jart and Krooked decks for years now.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #251 on: July 08, 2021, 05:29:27 AM »
I’m hoping they give Carl Aikens or Erik Herrera the G028 shape now that Yonnie’s gone. That shape was the best.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #252 on: July 08, 2021, 06:48:55 AM »
Bad crack sound from my G048 only two flat ground sessions in. Not convinced this is the type of wood that will withstand my 211 lbs. Didn’t have any problems with Jart and Krooked decks for years now.

So my last Couch is one of the only boards I have cracked in years. I snapped the top ply over the front truck on a backside ollie on a bank. I've skated a few Crail boards in the last year and a half, and this is the first one that broke.

I think that shape is more susceptible to breakage due to the short WB coupled with the 3 fingers of flat at the nose and tail. It pushes the stress point of the trucks closer to the center and makes it a little easier to snap if you land with your foot too far out on either. That being said, still going to fuck with the shape because it is magic while it does last.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: July 08, 2021, 10:41:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So my last Couch is one of the only boards I have cracked in years. I snapped the top ply over the front truck on a backside ollie on a bank. I've skated a few Crail boards in the last year and a half, and this is the first one that broke.

I think that shape is more susceptible to breakage due to the short WB coupled with the 3 fingers of flat at the nose and tail. It pushes the stress point of the trucks closer to the center and makes it a little easier to snap if you land with your foot too far out on either. That being said, still going to fuck with the shape because it is magic while it does last.

Yeah, that makes sense! I really like the shape, too. It’s a bit too narrow for me at the back truck, feet hanging off too much. Also cannot afford to break decks too often. I’ll try the Heroin Bigger Egg instead.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2021, 11:03:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, that makes sense! I really like the shape, too. It’s a bit too narrow for me at the back truck, feet hanging off too much. Also cannot afford to break decks too often. I’ll try the Heroin Bigger Egg instead.

Baker and Deathwish also occasionally do that shape, though it hasn't been in rotation for a little. If I see them pop up again I'll let you know.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #255 on: July 08, 2021, 12:02:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Baker and Deathwish also occasionally do that shape, though it hasn't been in rotation for a little. If I see them pop up again I'll let you know.

Thanks, much appreciated!

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2021, 09:46:59 AM »
Just set up one of the PS Stix Girl boards, shape G052. It does not look exactly like the previous G052 I have skated, maybe slightly more blunt shaped and a tad bit longer but can’t be too sure my mind isn’t playing tricks on me. It got me thinking if the Crail boards coming out of PS Stix could truly be the same shape as their Chinese made counterparts, even though they’re still using the same shape codes on them. Has anyone else skated the PS Stix and Chinese made version of the same Crail shape and care to report your findings?

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #257 on: August 24, 2021, 10:29:25 PM »
Just set up one of the PS Stix Girl boards, shape G052. It does not look exactly like the previous G052 I have skated, maybe slightly more blunt shaped and a tad bit longer but can’t be too sure my mind isn’t playing tricks on me. It got me thinking if the Crail boards coming out of PS Stix could truly be the same shape as their Chinese made counterparts, even though they’re still using the same shape codes on them. Has anyone else skated the PS Stix and Chinese made version of the same Crail shape and care to report your findings?

Same dimensions but very different shape. I preferred the PS Stix version.
How much for an order of ribs?

baustin

« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2021, 05:54:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That sounds about right, I just got my first session in on it yesterday and the shape definitely differs albeit not in a bad way necessarily. Whereas crail's usual shapes feel more rounded/popsicle shaped this one feels more much blunted and square. Maybe has a tiny bit more concave but still quite a mellow deck. Dimensions do not seem to vary enough to bother me, I think I'll enjoy the board overall but my preference will probably still go to standard crail shapes going forward. I'm terrible at measuring dimensions but I think this deck has a 14.125" wb rather than 14" so if you're someone who is picking up a crail deck for that 14" wb you may want to measure before you buy if possible.

LewFarrell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2021, 05:58:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seconded. I've skated around 10 G052's this year, it's one of my favourite decks. They're the same dimensions but the PS version is more their standard squarish shape. I like the PS shape better but prefer the Chinese wood. They are really on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of deck construction, the PS was very springy/bouncy and the Crail wood is quite rigid which I prefer.

Srt32srt

• Rep: 1
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2021, 10:40:03 AM »
Anyone know the specifics around the different Girl shapes?  I noticed the 8.125x31.65 comes in G023 and G026.  Is the difference in concave or something?

the girl website tells you all about each shapes wheelbase, concave and specs and compare between boards.

Sacha

• Rep: 4
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2021, 10:46:02 AM »

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2021, 10:47:02 AM »

baustin

« Reply #263 on: August 25, 2021, 01:11:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone know the specifics around the different Girl shapes?  I noticed the 8.125x31.65 comes in G023 and G026.  Is the difference in concave or something?
[close]

the girl website tells you all about each shapes wheelbase, concave and specs and compare between boards.

I should hope BMCsteve isn’t still waiting for an answer to his 6 year old question but if so, you came through!

Fhk

« Reply #264 on: August 25, 2021, 02:47:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I should hope BMCsteve isn’t still waiting for an answer to his 6 year old question but if so, you came through!
Hell ya @BMCsteve can finally carry on with life. That has got to feel good!

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #265 on: August 25, 2021, 05:39:33 PM »
Been skating the loveseat all summer and it’s amazing. Got a couch I’m gonna check out soon too. Love riding a fatty and still being able to rip flip tricks easily.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

LewFarrell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #266 on: August 25, 2021, 05:47:11 PM »
The new twin tail G069 is similar to the G052. Definitely going to grab one when it drops.

Specs Incase they get taken down:

G069 'Twin Tail' shape
Width - 8.25"
Length - 31.875"
Wheelbase - 14"
Traditional 7-ply construction
Chris Robert pro model

G096 'Twin Tail' shape
Width - 8.5"
Length - 31.875"
Wheelbase - 14"
Chris Robert pro model

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2021, 06:13:34 PM »
The new twin tail G069 is similar to the G052. Definitely going to grab one when it drops.

Specs Incase they get taken down:

G069 'Twin Tail' shape
Width - 8.25"
Length - 31.875"
Wheelbase - 14"
Chris Robert pro model

G096 'Twin Tail' shape
Width - 8.5"
Length - 31.875"
Wheelbase - 14"
Chris Robert pro model

😱😱😱  I cannot wait!!!

LebowskisRug

« Reply #268 on: January 09, 2022, 07:04:59 PM »
What trucks are people riding with the G052?

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #269 on: January 10, 2022, 12:05:18 AM »
What trucks are people riding with the G052?

I used some ace classic 44 with it (only truck i had at the time) and it worked perfectly (no hot rod at all). So I guess any truck around 8.25 would work ok.

ps: first crail wood I've had in a long long time (got it around new years 2021) and it worked wonders tbh.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 01:29:42 PM by Mcidraque »