Author Topic: Girl Deck Shapes  (Read 84009 times)

Skatebeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 130
Re: Girl Deck Shapes
« Reply #330 on: May 24, 2022, 06:38:58 AM »
Per the setup thread, finally set up my CRob G069 twin tail.

Love it. I have had several G027s prior and it feels similar but just works better for my kind of skating, in theory i should get more wear out of it skating it both directions... quite common for me to ruin the heel side nose of a board first usually.

Decent sized sweet spot for manuals as well when on Thunders, a good two+ fingers of flat.

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #331 on: May 25, 2022, 03:52:53 AM »

Love it. I have had several G027s prior and it feels similar but just works better for my kind of skating, in theory i should get more wear out of it skating it both directions... quite common for me to ruin the heel side nose of a board first usually.

Decent sized sweet spot for manuals as well when on Thunders, a good two+ fingers of flat.

is there any taper on this like the G052 or are the rails straight down the length of the board?
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

LewFarrell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #332 on: May 25, 2022, 06:48:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

is there any taper on this like the G052 or are the rails straight down the length of the board?
The G069 is a tweaked G052 with an evened out nose/tail length, no taper and a fuller shaped tail.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 603
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #333 on: May 30, 2022, 01:46:41 AM »
Anyone else recognized, that the specs for the G052 seem a bit off? It is a tad narrower as 8.25 and a bit shorter as 31.875. I will see how it feels riding.
IG: @flowterspace

nitro89

« Reply #334 on: May 30, 2022, 04:13:52 AM »
Anyone else recognized, that the specs for the G052 seem a bit off? It is a tad narrower as 8.25 and a bit shorter as 31.875. I will see how it feels riding.

I'm running a G052 atm, I was surprised by the taper to the rear as the crail guide says 'straight rails.'

i had to swap out my 5.8 ventures and put my 5.6's on to accommodate for that otherwise the rear truck stuck out a little.

(probably could of got away with it, but seeing the wheel bolts stick out when looking down isn't the one and deffo isn't the one where your ankle bones are concerned.)

still skates lovely though, my flips are on point and it feels super crisp on the pop but I'm probably going to go for the twin tip next time (G069) as that has near enough the same specs but doesn't appear to have the same taper to the rear.

can anyone confirm that?
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1103
« Reply #335 on: May 30, 2022, 05:45:58 AM »

Yeah, I have one now and it feels and skates much more like an 8". 144 trucks stick pretty far out of the side of this deck. Frankly I really don't like this shape at all. I took mine apart yesterday, after a series of frustrating and disappointing sessions on it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 04:05:18 PM by manysnakes »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #336 on: May 30, 2022, 06:35:21 AM »
It’s very much Crailtaps attempt at the square ish shape that’s popular now. Not too square though.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #337 on: May 30, 2022, 06:46:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm running a G052 atm, I was surprised by the taper to the rear as the crail guide says 'straight rails.'

i had to swap out my 5.8 ventures and put my 5.6's on to accommodate for that otherwise the rear truck stuck out a little.

(probably could of got away with it, but seeing the wheel bolts stick out when looking down isn't the one and deffo isn't the one where your ankle bones are concerned.)

still skates lovely though, my flips are on point and it feels super crisp on the pop but I'm probably going to go for the twin tip next time (G069) as that has near enough the same specs but doesn't appear to have the same taper to the rear.

can anyone confirm that?

No taper at all on the G069, nose is tail and tail is nose. I do a lot of fakie and reg flatground and it's nice just skating the board whichever way it's pointing...in theory i should be able to make it last longer too as my usual go-to is wrecking the heel side of the nose.

nitro89

« Reply #338 on: May 30, 2022, 06:59:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

can anyone confirm that?
[close]

No taper at all on the G069, nose is tail and tail is nose. I do a lot of fakie and reg flatground and it's nice just skating the board whichever way it's pointing...in theory i should be able to make it last longer too as my usual go-to is wrecking the heel side of the nose.

thanks @skatebeard that's me settled on the next ride then. might even make it my little side mission while I'm over in the Netherlands next week and go on a skate shop tour hunting down a chocolate/girl twin. wish me luck.

MxsDx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #339 on: June 30, 2022, 05:35:10 PM »
I recently skated the GO33 shape (8.5. X 32, 14.25 wb) known as the “square tail”. I got along with it well enough, but aesthetically I disliked the round nose/square tail combo. Can’t help but think I’d like the shape much more if it had a classic popsicle tail. Can someone please tell me what the advantages of the square tail are, because I didn’t notice any real upside.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #340 on: July 01, 2022, 09:56:49 AM »
Been skating the loveseat all summer and it’s amazing. Got a couch I’m gonna check out soon too. Love riding a fatty and still being able to rip flip tricks easily.

One year and four loveseats later I still know the vibe. Anyone else in an exclusive/committed relationship with this shape?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Frank and Fred

« Reply #341 on: July 01, 2022, 10:21:26 AM »
You can get a Loveseat or Couch for $37.80 (free shipping) right now. Sale code: July12

https://tgmskateboards.com/crailtap-deck-midnight-rainbow-couch-9-25-x-32-assorted-colors/

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #342 on: July 01, 2022, 10:32:45 AM »
You can get a Loveseat or Couch for $37.80 (free shipping) right now. Sale code: July12

https://tgmskateboards.com/crailtap-deck-midnight-rainbow-couch-9-25-x-32-assorted-colors/

Wow good looks, I just got two!

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #343 on: July 01, 2022, 03:59:39 PM »
I suppose you got the last two. I am also loving my Loveseat, enough that I would absolutely stock up on the shape of I find a good deal. Also have a Skidul shape on ice waiting until I decide the time is right.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #344 on: July 01, 2022, 11:15:48 PM »
Closest Girl shape to FA/Hockey?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #345 on: July 02, 2022, 07:09:00 AM »
G052 G027

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2022, 08:44:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
G052 G027

Thanks

LebowskisRug

« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2022, 08:48:13 AM »
Just curious if anyone knows what shape McCrank rides

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #348 on: July 02, 2022, 10:28:51 AM »
G016 same as Mike Carroll

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 859
« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2022, 10:43:13 AM »
Just curious if anyone knows what shape McCrank rides

Whatever the 8.375 x 31.75 one is

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2022, 10:58:50 AM »
I suppose you got the last two. I am also loving my Loveseat, enough that I would absolutely stock up on the shape of I find a good deal. Also have a Skidul shape on ice waiting until I decide the time is right.

Dang, now I feel badly because I already have a stockpile of them going, sorry homie.  :-[

Does anyone know how long they’ve been making that shape for? I only started seeing it within the last year and a half or so but I also never paid attention too closely.

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #351 on: July 02, 2022, 06:05:06 PM »
Pretty sure there is a cheap couch or loveseat on skate warehouse clearance and an also stack the 15% discount.
I just set up my second go27 today 8.25x14” wheelbase, after skating a bbs 8.5 with a longer wheelbase. At first it felt tiny, but it worked a lot better for some things. Less of a comfy board and probably better for technical stuff.
I’m going to start alternating every deck between crail and bbs. There is a nice birdhouse ravers vhs graphic deck that is 9” on skate warehouse that I’ll probably grab, and I’ll get another crail board as well. I’m leaning towards the Kennedy 8.5x31.75.
Crail wood is fun to skate, the boardsare light, the concave seem consistent and it’s cool to be able to dial in the shape you want via the shape guide.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -208
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #352 on: July 04, 2022, 09:21:34 PM »
Can’t go wrong with a G027 and Indy’s. Especially now that the G028 is non-existent at this point.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #353 on: July 05, 2022, 06:37:21 AM »
Does crail make a popsicle that’s  8.625-8.75 with a 14.3 wb? Like a shorter wheel base brophy or a pop sickle love seat. Crail help a brother out. Preferably chocolate cause I like their graphics more.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #354 on: July 05, 2022, 06:53:50 AM »
They need to make the G028 but 31.3 again and on Niels pro models.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1106
« Reply #355 on: July 05, 2022, 07:28:38 AM »

Oh yeah the ‘real’ G028, before they switched manufacturers. That was the one MJ and Guy would mention, correct?

Niels is too sick

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #356 on: July 05, 2022, 07:31:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The old MJ and Guy G028 and not the Yonnie shape.

I ended up turning the remaining old G028’s I had into wall boards.

Oh yeah the ‘real’ G028, before they switched manufacturers. That was the one MJ and Guy would mention, correct?

Niels is too sick

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #357 on: July 06, 2022, 04:50:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dang, now I feel badly because I already have a stockpile of them going, sorry homie.  :-[

Does anyone know how long they’ve been making that shape for? I only started seeing it within the last year and a half or so but I also never paid attention too closely.

No worries, I'm actively not buying skate shit, but I love this shape and would definitely buy another one to keep on ice. With that said, I'm still adjusting to my new bigboy job and I sometimes remember that I can just go to the skateboard shop and buy a deck at retail whenever I want.

pops

• Rep: 234
« Reply #358 on: July 07, 2022, 10:20:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Been skating the loveseat all summer and it’s amazing. Got a couch I’m gonna check out soon too. Love riding a fatty and still being able to rip flip tricks easily.
[close]

One year and four loveseats later I still know the vibe. Anyone else in an exclusive/committed relationship with this shape?

I wouldn't say I could flip my couch shape easily, actually I felt I was struggling with flips when I skated it. I would like to try the loveseat but don't have fitting trucks for it atm. Still the loveseat is only .25" skinnier so not sure if it's much of a difference.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #359 on: July 07, 2022, 10:24:37 AM »
Crail’s 7.875 shape is incredibly underrated too.