Author Topic: Girl Deck Shapes  (Read 84142 times)

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
Re: Girl Deck Shapes
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2021, 01:15:44 AM »
I skated two Girl decks in a row, bought the loveseat and the couch to check which one I prefer.

I liked the loveseat dimensions but the deck was a complete disaster, I break it in the second session doing some 50-50 on a small ledge. The deck was light but felt soggy and the graphic had a weird soft touch.

Otherwise, I didn't have many good feelings about the couch but it's probably one of the best decks I ever skated in my life. Dimensions are great, crispy and it's lasting more than 6 months in good shape. I bought another one after a couple of sessions.

It's weird because both are made in the same woodshop and felt so different from the other one.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:25:18 AM by alraunen »

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2021, 02:42:20 AM »
Sorry for the late reply. I work for crailtap distribution over in Canada, if any of you guys want to try one of the p.s stix boards we have them on our site. https://crailstore.ca/collections/decks  we ship to the USA.

The ps stix boards we have are.

https://crailstore.ca/collections/decks/products/simon-bannerot-93-til-pro-model-girl-deck-8-25

https://crailstore.ca/collections/decks/products/cory-kennedy-93-til-pro-model-girl-deck-8-5

https://crailstore.ca/collections/decks/products/mike-carroll-93-til-pro-model-girl-deck-8-375

Interesting. Do Girl send any of their ps boards to europe do you know ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2021, 03:15:30 AM »
Sorry for the late reply. I work for crailtap distribution over in Canada, if any of you guys want to try one of the p.s stix boards we have them on our site. https://crailstore.ca/collections/decks  we ship to the USA.

https://crailstore.ca/collections/decks/products/simon-bannerot-93-til-pro-model-girl-deck-8-25

https://crailstore.ca/collections/decks/products/cory-kennedy-93-til-pro-model-girl-deck-8-5

https://crailstore.ca/collections/decks/products/mike-carroll-93-til-pro-model-girl-deck-8-375

and youre not going to mention that you have a fuck ton of old crail boards? you have sean sheffey graphic that ive been trying to find for like 15 years. i cant believe that it was a 7.3, too. cant afford it but definitely grateful to at least have a picture of it. by chance, would you be able to sneak a picture of the top side of a few other old boards?

NYRAD

« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2021, 06:12:18 AM »
I find the G027 shape really interesting.
8.25 x 31.75 with 14 wb

Nose is 6.75 but the tail is 6.8

Never seen a popsicle where the tail is (a hair) longer as the nose. I am curious. Any pals here had this shape?

Im Really Loving this Shape it has me Hooked !!

i was Skating Enjoi / almost Resin 7 8.25" Mellow Concave / Steep Kicks 14.25" WB and honestly i well Prefer This with the Shorter wheel Base 14" and the Pocket on the Tail

I Skate on TENSOR Maglights ATG with 1/8" risers and 54mm Wheels

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2021, 11:07:03 AM »
Anybody have experience with either 8.5 shape? Are they super flat? I wanna grab the Gass pop secret board but  I’m used to the quasi 8.5 square shape and anytime I stray away from that everything feels off.
Had the G053 last year with some venture Hi’s and didn’t like it; 32 length with a 14.44 inch wheelbase and ventures just felt way too hefty for me; tail felt way too heavy and flip tricks took too much strength to pop. Probably wouldve felt better with indys but I pretty much only skate ventures these days and didn’t feel like having to buy new trucks to make a board feel right to me.
As for the G033, I got a G033 deck right now actually, haven’t had a chance to actually skate it yet, only mellow cruising cuz I’m injured, but it feels good so far. The dimensions are pretty close to Bakers 8.475 shape, which is my favorite shape of all time, so I feel like it should feel pretty good for popping and flip tricks n such. Ventures on a 31.5-32 length deck with 14-14.25 WB is definitely in the goldie locks zone for me.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2021, 12:22:13 PM »
I didn't read all of this just just wanted to pop in and say that every girl board (Bball series) I have hanging on my wall right now has warped.  Shapes have always looked amazing. I skated one of the bigboy/couch shape or whatever they are calling it and snapped the nose off on a 360flip. Landed on the noise and that was it. Snapped it like nothing.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2021, 12:38:49 PM »
Expand Quote
8.25 x 31.75 with 14 wb

Never seen a popsicle where the tail is (a hair) longer as the nose. I am curious. Any pals here had this shape?
[close]

i was Skating Enjoi / almost Resin 7 8.25" Mellow Concave / Steep Kicks 14.25" WB and honestly i well Prefer This with the Shorter wheel Base 14" and the Pocket on the Tail

The longer tail somehow messes with me. Unfortunately don't have a reputable local shop near me so I can't look in real life first.
Does that board feel like a symmetrical shape to you? How is the pop with a big tail? I have so many questions ^^
14 wb and everything else sounds great for me.
IG: @flowterspace

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2021, 01:50:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Anybody have experience with either 8.5 shape? Are they super flat? I wanna grab the Gass pop secret board but  I’m used to the quasi 8.5 square shape and anytime I stray away from that everything feels off.
[close]
Had the G053 last year with some venture Hi’s and didn’t like it; 32 length with a 14.44 inch wheelbase and ventures just felt way too hefty for me; tail felt way too heavy and flip tricks took too much strength to pop. Probably wouldve felt better with indys but I pretty much only skate ventures these days and didn’t feel like having to buy new trucks to make a board feel right to me.
As for the G033, I got a G033 deck right now actually, haven’t had a chance to actually skate it yet, only mellow cruising cuz I’m injured, but it feels good so far. The dimensions are pretty close to Bakers 8.475 shape, which is my favorite shape of all time, so I feel like it should feel pretty good for popping and flip tricks n such. Ventures on a 31.5-32 length deck with 14-14.25 WB is definitely in the goldie locks zone for me.

I’m on the G053 right now. With aces or cast indys it’s good but the tail is so short I doubt I would try it with anything else.  Even with these trucks I can see daylight under the edge of the baseplate.  There’s like 1/2 finger of flat.

gin

• Rep: 4
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2021, 02:56:56 PM »

Do you know if some/all the future presses are moving to PS? Would definitely be a factor in buying more Girl decks for me

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2021, 07:44:18 AM »
Damn that 8.5 ck is looking good!

NYRAD

« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2021, 08:11:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
8.25 x 31.75 with 14 wb

[close]

[close]

The longer tail somehow messes with me. Unfortunately don't have a reputable local shop near me so I can't look in real life first.
Does that board feel like a symmetrical shape to you? How is the pop with a big tail? I have so many questions ^^

Its not Major in Different Size Trust me Grab one and Shred it and Report back :) I love the pockets for Manuals it feels and looks Symmetrical unless i study it lol But the G027 is a Great Shape :)
Let me know how you like yours when it arrives :P

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2021, 11:17:32 AM »
Anyone able to comment on which of the 8.25" to 8.5" shapes have a lot of fingers of flat on the tail? Not concerned so much with the angle of the kicks once they go up, but I do like a lot of flat before.

Fhk

« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2021, 02:24:30 PM »
Anyone able to comment on which of the 8.25" to 8.5" shapes have a lot of fingers of flat on the tail? Not concerned so much with the angle of the kicks once they go up, but I do like a lot of flat before.
The one posted in the set up thread has acres of flat bud

Don't mind my puppy  :)

*edit.. I forgot pic

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2021, 02:37:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
8.25 x 31.75 with 14 wb

[close]

[close]

I skated this shape back in march. the nose is really square and a little bit flatter than the tail. The tail itself is pretty medium so u dont feel the length that much, and u dont end up getting that much ghost pop from what I remember. I liked the shape it stayed stiff for a while for me then again it was china pressed

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2021, 09:30:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The one posted in the set up thread has acres of flat bud

Don't mind my puppy  :)

*edit.. I forgot pic

Thanks yo. I went to the shop and they had a couple boards in that shape but only with horrible graphics. I ended up copping a Chocolate G033 (8.5"x32", 14.25" WB). Slightly less flat on the tail but I was very into how it looked/felt under my feet.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2021, 10:23:05 AM »

Setting up this puppy today.
8x31.875

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2021, 10:42:53 AM »

8x31.875

This series looks so sick.
IG: @flowterspace

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2021, 06:03:14 PM »
what is all those fingers of flat good for? never understood the concept, but all crail boards have it in abundance
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2021, 08:37:22 PM »
Anyone tried the pop secret decks?

Im specifically interested in this one, albeit the WB is little long

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/collections/decks/products/girl-andrew-brophy-93-til-pop-secret-8-56-skateboard-deck

CaptainBushwacker

• Rep: 13
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2021, 02:58:05 AM »
Anyone tried the pop secret decks?

Im specifically interested in this one, albeit the WB is little long

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/collections/decks/products/girl-andrew-brophy-93-til-pop-secret-8-56-skateboard-deck

I haven't actually skated it yet, but I got a Malto Pop Secret G052 waiting to go.

It's difficult to show on pictures, how it feels, I'm really impressed with the "looks" of it. When I'm standing on it, it seems super sturdy and has very little flex in the nose and tail. It also seems a bit heavier than the 8.25 Quasi I also have waiting to go. Dude's on youtube said the fibreglass layer prevents the board from chipping.

Fhk

« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2021, 03:01:23 AM »
what is all those fingers of flat good for? never understood the concept, but all crail boards have it in abundance
I don't really know but for me it makes holding a manual alot easier. Works good with Ventures too.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2021, 05:59:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don't really know but for me it makes holding a manual alot easier. Works good with Ventures too.

Lots of flat feels really good for manuals, nose/tail slides, and anything where they board rotates horizontally (no comply 180, shoves, etc). I love it. Skating a G033 with a bunch of flat on the nose and it is sick. Wish the tail had as much.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2021, 11:15:29 AM »
can anyone couch for the g016 shape? a size smaller than my "lowest" width but that short tail looks enticing
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2021, 07:18:00 PM »
Something weird with Crail shapes is that finger of flat thing because I noticed that it's difficult to tail (maybe nose as well?) slide on them because the ledge doesn't sit flush with the wheels/baseplate. You either stand on tail with more of your deck Tilted upward OR you have to slide nearly an inch away from the baseplate on just the tail (super scary and unpredictable). I ate shit a few times because of this on my 9.25 Powerslide Tershy deck when doing curb tricks.
Super Champion Fun Zone

MisterSpaceman

• Rep: -10
« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2021, 09:33:10 PM »

8x31.875

Is that the g008? I just got a G008 chocolate. Love the shape.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2021, 11:09:10 PM »
I wonder why Crob doesn't have a twin....I think they'd sell a bunch....

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2021, 11:55:33 PM »
Currently riding a slick bottom G052 board. I knew it was gonna be smaller than DRKRM 8.375, but almost seems under 8" wide! I'm assuming it's the short WB. I've only skated it a few times, so I can't really give it my full opinion, but it's weird going from a nice round tail, to a lil nub for a tail (I ride a size 11-11.5).

I got it to try and narrow down what I feel good on. So far, I wanna go back to the DRKRM I had before or something similar in dims.
Still wanna get 8.25 a shot but, maybe a longer WB, or slightly longer.

The chillest1

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2021, 06:39:07 AM »
Currently riding a slick bottom G052 board. I knew it was gonna be smaller than DRKRM 8.375, but almost seems under 8" wide! I'm assuming it's the short WB. I've only skated it a few times, so I can't really give it my full opinion, but it's weird going from a nice round tail, to a lil nub for a tail (I ride a size 11-11.5).

I got it to try and narrow down what I feel good on. So far, I wanna go back to the DRKRM I had before or something similar in dims.
Still wanna get 8.25 a shot but, maybe a longer WB, or slightly longer.

Isn't the tail on that like 6.8"/longer than the nose? Or are you just referring to the width?

FWIW I am an 11 and I have been very into 8.25 lately. I was skating a lot of footballs and 8.5" pops (currently skating the latter) but have been finding 8.25" to be kind of a sweet spot.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2021, 05:42:49 PM »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2021, 07:00:54 PM »
https://crailtap.com/shapes

Anyone skate the G028?

https://crailtap.com/shapes/#g028

I haven’t. Looks good, if I was going to skate a bigger board. I’m on some weird small board kick. 8” trucks, max. I like Craig’s shapes, particularly the length and I like the guide! It’s really well done, imo, and helpful.