Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 233396 times)

jtrpma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
  • PMA
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #660 on: August 28, 2019, 09:38:18 AM »
more double drilling for front trucks (maybe even back trucks)

8.5' - 9" pops and slightly tapered shapes with long (eventually adjustable) WB

full noses and tails.

this was one of the best shapes i rode.

maybe a big shaped deck like a thiebaud joker clone or similar.

more natural stains, less crazy colors. the best shape can feel off with a pink/aquamarine/whatever top sheet.

PMA

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #661 on: August 28, 2019, 09:57:36 AM »
Shape looks pretty normal and it's got the same dimensions as the standard DLX 8.38" 🤔

They do like their long boards/WB of late it seems. Ever since the fulls came out...I'm really curious how many DLX Pros are riding 32.5" long boards with 14.5" WB on street these days.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #662 on: December 22, 2019, 01:11:24 AM »
Guys!

I finally got a deluxe full shape III and damn is it a fine shape and deck

I didn’t mind at all it was a 14.25 or 14.38 wheelbase

It has such a nice deep concave it popped!

A lot of my deluxe shapes before it were probably all IV which are the flattest ones and I wasn’t really feeling them but man if a III feels this deep and loaded with pop

What’s a II or I like??

Has anyone had a full shape I or II shape here and what were your thoughts?
yes

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #663 on: December 22, 2019, 12:22:38 PM »
Guys!

A lot of my deluxe shapes before it were probably all IV which are the flattest ones and I wasn’t really feeling them but man if a III feels this deep and loaded with pop

What’s a II or I like??

I've had a few fulls of each, the amount of variance between a I and IV is damn near imperceptible when riding it.

While I have 'The Madnees' this hasn't ever had an impact on my skating; I'm currently riding a IV and it feels plenty steep (enough - and I like deep and steep boards).

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #664 on: December 22, 2019, 02:53:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Guys!

What’s a II or I like??

[close]

I've had a few fulls of each, the amount of variance between a I and IV is damn near imperceptible when riding it.

While I have 'The Madnees' this hasn't ever had an impact on my skating; I'm currently riding a IV and it feels plenty steep (enough - and I like deep and steep boards).

I have two Ishod 8.3 twins built up right now (slick and regular).  One is a I and one is IV.  If I really really stare I can maybe tell.  Skating - not so much. 

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #665 on: December 22, 2019, 06:23:09 PM »
Expand Quote
I suppose there’s no chance of getting a twin tail with a slightly shorter wheelbase huh? I feel like it’s the perfect shape, but the wheelbase is just a tad long, like if it was 14.125 or 14.25 with the same dimensions I would skate nothing else.
[close]
the 8 twin has a 14 wheel base, which i thought was too short.

The SE boards have much shorter WB than their regular stuff:
8.06 has a 14" WB
8.25 has a 14.25" WB

Their regular pro boards have a substantially longer WB (8.06 / 14.38 on a Busenitz board)

https://www.realskateboards.com/fall-2019/

Love that they list width, length and WB on all their boards.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #666 on: December 22, 2019, 08:33:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I suppose there’s no chance of getting a twin tail with a slightly shorter wheelbase huh? I feel like it’s the perfect shape, but the wheelbase is just a tad long, like if it was 14.125 or 14.25 with the same dimensions I would skate nothing else.
[close]
[close]

8.06 has a 14" WB
8.25 has a 14.25" WB

Their regular pro boards have a substantially longer WB (8.06 / 14.38 on a Busenitz board)

That Busenitz is a Full Shape. That’s why the WB is long. I did t see any other 8.06 Busenitz boards that wasn’t a full.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #667 on: December 22, 2019, 08:40:05 PM »
I have a complaint about the 8.5 Ishod TwinTail....

If you look at a normal 8.5 tail and and then look at the 8.5 twintail, their completely different shapes. The twintail is way more full. I gave it a shot because I love the twintail, but it’s just not that good.

DLX, work your magic and please fix the shape so I can buy a lot of them.

P.S I’ve had multiple 8.3’s and their great, but the 8.5 would be perfect if the shape was fixed.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #668 on: December 22, 2019, 10:50:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

8.06 has a 14" WB
8.25 has a 14.25" WB

[close]

That Busenitz is a Full Shape. That’s why the WB is long. I did t see any other 8.06 Busenitz boards that wasn’t a full.

The Busenitz board I was riding was from way back (2014 I think), should be before they started doing Full, SE and Low Pro II shapes.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #669 on: December 23, 2019, 08:45:55 PM »
Whatever the shape is for the Real Heavyweight series (specifically the 8.38 boards), it's PERFECT, at least for me. Only thing I missed about Dwindle boards was the shapes, they generally have a really nice consistent and even concave that's easy to flick but doesn't feel aggressive. I tend to favor more concave than less so I really missed that, BUT NO MORE. Prior, I'd found other boards had a distinct flat part and distinct "concave" parts, kinda like this: " \___/ " but obviously less exaggerated. Anyways, great board after standing on it once and messing with it lol

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #670 on: December 23, 2019, 09:07:27 PM »
Whatever the shape is for the Real Heavyweight series (specifically the 8.38 boards), it's PERFECT, at least for me. Only thing I missed about Dwindle boards was the shapes, they generally have a really nice consistent and even concave that's easy to flick but doesn't feel aggressive. I tend to favor more concave than less so I really missed that, BUT NO MORE. Prior, I'd found other boards had a distinct flat part and distinct "concave" parts, kinda like this: " \___/ " but obviously less exaggerated. Anyways, great board after standing on it once and messing with it lol

I'm keen to try the Low Pro II boards one of these days, aggressive concave and camber that is unforgiving but should be a blast with fresh legs.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #671 on: December 23, 2019, 10:12:56 PM »
Damn I gotta try me an SE and they still make low pro decks?? I need these 2 dlx shapes in my life

Loving this krooked full 8.06 so far
yes

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #672 on: December 23, 2019, 11:54:26 PM »
Damn I gotta try me an SE and they still make low pro decks?? I need these 2 dlx shapes in my life

I think the SE and Full are readily sold, haven't seen many Low Pro II decks for sale on Tactics.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #673 on: December 24, 2019, 05:46:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think the SE and Full are readily sold, haven't seen many Low Pro II decks for sale on Tactics.

In my experience the 8.0 se is a little tricky to find or at least was for a while but I see the full almost everywhere

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #674 on: December 27, 2019, 03:51:49 AM »
i dont know if DLX still reads this but the 9 inch popsicle shapes that come out are all around 33 inches long. could we see some shorter variations (31.75-32.25) with the same 14.75-15 inch wheelbases?

edit: if mathematically possible of course
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 04:12:30 AM by off »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #675 on: December 27, 2019, 12:35:21 PM »

If you look at a normal 8.5 tail and and then look at the 8.5 twintail, their completely different shapes. The twintail is way more full. I gave it a shot because I love the twintail, but it’s just not that good.

P.S I’ve had multiple 8.3’s and their great, but the 8.5 would be perfect if the shape was fixed.

The Twin tail dimensions LxWxWBxtail length are exactly what I like in an 8.3 (true 8.3); wish they made it in a non-TT.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #676 on: December 27, 2019, 04:42:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Twin tail dimensions LxWxWBxtail length are exactly what I like in an 8.3 (true 8.3); wish they made it in a non-TT.
I would kill for a twin nose board
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #677 on: December 27, 2019, 05:02:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I would kill for a twin nose board
I feel like there's a Neen joke in here somewhere?
Maybe like Throw Momma from the Train? You wack weck and Neen wecks someone for you?

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #678 on: December 28, 2019, 08:49:43 PM »
I fucking love deluxe these days.

Its like the good ole days almost. 

Id like to get some W concave once in a while. That would be dope
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #679 on: December 29, 2019, 02:38:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've not seen the lowpros for sale in a long while...maybe they phased them out? The Low Pro II SE Brock 'bug eyes' or whatever I had was amazing.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #680 on: December 29, 2019, 03:01:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've not seen the lowpros for sale in a long while...maybe they phased them out? The Low Pro II SE Brock 'bug eyes' or whatever I had was amazing.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a low pro. I remember getting the first ones they made and I had the worst ankle roll of my life on it. I don’t blame the deck but I haven’t had one since

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #681 on: December 29, 2019, 04:19:20 PM »
There's likely a deluxe ad at the top of this page Venture trucks whatever. If you cook it you might be lead to the spring catalog for deluxe
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

Stigmata

• Rep: 8
« Reply #682 on: December 29, 2019, 06:45:07 PM »
Yesterday at the park, id say 95% of all of us skaters were on Anti-Hero or Real decks, it was crazy lol. DLX def make some great boards.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #683 on: December 29, 2019, 07:08:11 PM »
Yesterday at the park, id say 95% of all of us skaters were on Anti-Hero or Real decks, it was crazy lol. DLX def make some great boards.
BBS does make great boards..
DLX does have great marketing, ads, graphics, riders..
Did DLX buy into BBS? I've seen a pic that makes me wonder.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #684 on: December 30, 2019, 05:19:04 PM »

BBS is great wood and dlxs has great customer service and all the stuff they do for skateboarding with events and stuff make them a very easy company to support.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #685 on: April 03, 2020, 03:42:59 PM »
Anyone know why they changed the shape of the White Eagle? Used to be 8.75 x 32.75 x 14.6wb. Just received one in the mail and it’s now 32.5 x 14.75wb. Considering a re drill on this one, but that will leave me with a 7.5”ish nose haha.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #686 on: April 03, 2020, 04:48:09 PM »

I love boards with \__/  concave. But I like flat flat tails. That's a difficult combo.

Can you plz elaborate on the brands you been messing with or was you talking about real?

I've had some r1s but they don't have much flat in the middle.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #687 on: April 03, 2020, 07:35:14 PM »
Anyone know why they changed the shape of the White Eagle? Used to be 8.75 x 32.75 x 14.6wb. Just received one in the mail and it’s now 32.5 x 14.75wb. Considering a re drill on this one, but that will leave me with a 7.5”ish nose hah
not a crazy wb difference, something just could’ve pressed wrong? Length moreso quarter of an inch

Wonderful Whizzplank

• Rep: 8
« Reply #688 on: April 05, 2020, 02:40:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone know why they changed the shape of the White Eagle? Used to be 8.75 x 32.75 x 14.6wb. Just received one in the mail and it’s now 32.5 x 14.75wb. Considering a re drill on this one, but that will leave me with a 7.5”ish nose hah
[close]
not a crazy wb difference, something just could’ve pressed wrong? Length moreso quarter of an inch

I had a white eagle years back that was definitely 14.75, don't think I've seen a dlx 8.75 with a 14.6 WB.
Total newbie

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #689 on: May 27, 2020, 01:00:07 PM »
All the dlx skaters.

Real 8.25 x 32, 14.38. with Indy 149ti or 148teams?