Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 233444 times)

shawngreg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 63
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #720 on: June 15, 2020, 06:08:18 PM »
i’m also on a full SE right now. 8.5x32.25  wb was listed at 14.38 but it measures just under 14.25 which is perfect.  paired with 5.8’s and it’s a very welcomed change to the last 2 Quasi’s i was on. 

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #721 on: June 16, 2020, 01:16:44 AM »
I'm a big fan of the Real Full SE shapes, especially on 8.5"
I bought 3 of the same Full SE graphic over the course of a couple months because I liked em that much. :D
Slide tricks feel good since they're so stable!
Getting a little hard to find lately (pre-covid included)
Super Champion Fun Zone

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #722 on: June 16, 2020, 01:45:28 AM »
anyone know the tail and nose measurements for these decks:

Krooked Gonz Sweatpants 9.81"
Krooked Chico 9"

I've finally worked out the exact measurements and WB to deck length ratio that i like, but finding tail and nose measurements are so random...only a few places online have them, which i find weird. NHS has all their deck measurements, not sure why other brands dont do it...or maybe i'm just too anal

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #723 on: June 16, 2020, 01:56:58 AM »

Krooked Chico 9"

I've finally worked out the exact measurements and WB to deck length ratio that i like, but finding tail and nose measurements are so random...only a few places online have them, which i find weird. NHS has all their deck measurements, not sure why other brands dont do it...or maybe i'm just too anal
Can't help you with the boards in question but I've seen the same thing happen from board companies to shops all over.
Sometimes I've seen the brand not list tail and nose measurements online but a shop that got the board lists the measurements. Made me wonder if they asked the board co for them or did they measure themselves but why didn't the board co list them in the first place? Lol  ???
I like Polar since their stickers always have width, length, wb, tail, and nose specs on every board.

I don't think you're too anal. Finding that info out allowed me to not buy boards and risk them being good or not (when they probably weren't gonna be good anyway)
Super Champion Fun Zone

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #724 on: June 16, 2020, 05:01:51 AM »

Krooked Chico 9"

Polar use to have all their measurements up in their site, although lately people here have been reporting those being inaccurate...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #725 on: June 16, 2020, 05:52:54 AM »
Was wondering, are the embossed graphics used by Real on their decks slides better or just for aesthetics?

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #726 on: June 16, 2020, 05:57:23 AM »
Was wondering, are the embossed graphics used by Real on their decks slides better or just for aesthetics?

Seems like a lot of extra work for nothing.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #727 on: June 16, 2020, 06:14:40 AM »

Aesthetics (damn that was a sick company)
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #728 on: June 16, 2020, 06:22:19 AM »
Aesthetics was mega dope. So many good series. I really liked that company. Liked 23 too. 

Cross posting:

Deck shapes with more ‘fingers of flat’, any recommendations? Please and thanks

Zephyr-Cum

• Rep: -103
  • DIE
« Reply #729 on: June 16, 2020, 09:13:28 PM »
Aesthetics was mega dope.

Ca. 2002.
I was riding Baker. Hardly any shape/concave to my deck. Essentially a flat board. My friend rolled over on a new Aesthetics and I had to inspect it for quite a while. The nose and tail were so steep. The concave was a proper arc. Trembling, I handed it back.
I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

"Shalom".

Glurmpz

« Reply #730 on: August 08, 2020, 11:54:54 PM »
Maybe this has been covered here, but just as a heads up to anyone ordering boards online, it's always a risk. Every brand seems to have some level of inconsistency, especially when it comes to width. This can happen at so many of the stages in manufacturing/packaging, and it's why I always buy boards in person.

Here's a good example from an Anti Hero board in the shop - says it's 8.5. As you can see, it's clearly 8.3. We have two and they're both 8.3, actually. Not sure why it's labelled as an 8.5.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #731 on: August 09, 2020, 12:05:54 AM »
Maybe this has been covered here, but just as a heads up to anyone ordering boards online, it's always a risk. Every brand seems to have some level of inconsistency, especially when it comes to width. This can happen at so many of the stages in manufacturing/packaging, and it's why I always buy boards in person.

Here's a good example from an Anti Hero board in the shop - says it's 8.5. As you can see, it's clearly 8.3. We have two and they're both 8.3, actually. Not sure why it's labelled as an 8.5.

Quality control for a lot of companies seems to have gone completely out of the window. I had a Quasi that was labeled as a 8.5 that was clearly a 8.25 a few weeks ago.

chimps

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #732 on: August 09, 2020, 12:23:00 AM »
noob here...

i have a chima 8.5 full shape that i really enjoy (nose shape is awesome). i just ordered the walker 8.5 shape which is 8.5x31.85x14.25 but isn't listed as a "full" or "full s-e". any input on how the shape is? haven't gotten to see this board in person yet.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #733 on: August 09, 2020, 01:14:09 AM »
Is that a 90$ price tag 😳😳
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

peptobismol

« Reply #734 on: August 09, 2020, 01:47:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Aesthetics (damn that was a sick company)

damn fucking straight

Thedub

• Rep: 0
« Reply #735 on: August 09, 2020, 05:11:56 AM »

Krooked Chico 9"

Go to krookeds website and check the catalogue. If not check out ocd skateshop in Australias website. They have an option to break board selection down by wheelbase.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #736 on: August 09, 2020, 06:09:19 AM »
I measured my pumping feathers it was business as usual.

I post in set ups because that graphic has to go lol.

It's beautiful art and I assume it's a dig at people who trip out on training but it's not me.

The shape is fire. I got the hollow ventures on it I didn't change the base plates cuz I'm a breaking in the bushings. I was lucky to get a really nice set of purples with these trucks.

I've done a few tre flips a couple kickflips a couple fakie tricks.

The hero 8.28 is just as good as the K9.

I'm going to post it
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #737 on: August 09, 2020, 09:02:48 AM »

Measured with the tape pressed against the deck or just straight over the edge?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #738 on: August 09, 2020, 09:03:35 AM »

It's beautiful art and I assume it's a dig at people who trip out on training but it's not me.

The shape is fire. I got the hollow ventures on it I didn't change the base plates cuz I'm a breaking in the bushings. I was lucky to get a really nice set of purples with these trucks.

I'm going to post it
I set up a 8.28 Pumping Feathers yesterday. The graphic is a sequel to whatever the fat eagle was called a few years back. I actually thought the graphic was called fit eagle until I looked it up. Wasn't sure what season it came out but it's a graphic from late last year that they've rerun recently.

DLX sent it to me as a replacement for a Mason Silva 8.28 I mail ordered that showed up and turned out to be the right graphic on an 8.06. After I set it up, I put it next to another DLX deck that had 14.125wb listed and noticed the wheelbase was quite a bit longer. Measured the other deck, 14". Measure the Pumping Feathers, 14.25. Shit is all wacky. 14.25 is fine with me but next time I'm gonna try and find a straight 14.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #739 on: August 09, 2020, 12:30:38 PM »
Expand Quote

I'm going to post it
[close]
I set up a 8.28 Pumping Feathers yesterday. The graphic is a sequel to whatever the fat eagle was called a few years back. I actually thought the graphic was called fit eagle until I looked it up. Wasn't sure what season it came out but it's a graphic from late last year that they've rerun recently.

DLX sent it to me as a replacement for a Mason Silva 8.28 I mail ordered that showed up and turned out to be the right graphic on an 8.06. After I set it up, I put it next to another DLX deck that had 14.125wb listed and noticed the wheelbase was quite a bit longer. Measured the other deck, 14". Measure the Pumping Feathers, 14.25. Shit is all wacky. 14.25 is fine with me but next time I'm gonna try and find a straight 14.

I foresee brands shrinking their wheelbase and extending out their fingers of flat in the future. I mean I think this would be smart.

I didn't end up buffing the graphic. It's good art. Be sick if it was a Cardiel Cowboy.

"Eye of the tiger." Lol

I saw Green Day play that in a little club called Axis when I was a kid. I lost my virginity that night in Malden. Haha.

Everything's relatable if you think about it.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Glurmpz

« Reply #740 on: August 09, 2020, 06:13:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Measured with the tape pressed against the deck or just straight over the edge?

Straight across. I've worked in the industry for 25 years (manufacturing as well)and that's how we've always measured boards. Pressing into the concave on this one, for instance, made about 1/32nd of an inch difference. It was still just over 8.3.

And yes, $90 is the new normal for many pro decks in Canada, with some shops even charging $95. Wholesale for those decks is $60, plus tax and shipping. Still barely making much on decks.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #741 on: August 09, 2020, 06:19:07 PM »
Measured at back bolts on the front truck, right?

Glurmpz

« Reply #742 on: August 09, 2020, 06:26:09 PM »
Measured at back bolts on the front truck, right?

Generally, or close to the middle favoring the nose. Lots of shapes taper a bit toward the tail which is why it's good to measure where you mentioned.

Diocletian

« Reply #743 on: August 09, 2020, 07:46:47 PM »
I just bought that GT board and now I’m gonna have to measure it lol. I came from two brown bombers in a row and it feels weird riding a popsicle again. The bomber is probably the best shape I’ve ever ridden and the wheelbase at 14.25 is super quick with Ace’s.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #744 on: August 10, 2020, 01:15:23 PM »
I just bought that GT board and now I’m gonna have to measure it lol. I came from two brown bombers in a row and it feels weird riding a popsicle again. The bomber is probably the best shape I’ve ever ridden and the wheelbase at 14.25 is super quick with Ace’s.
Brown Bomber is one of the best. Set up my last one with Thunders, been toying with doing Ace's on my next.

As far as newer Deluxe goes, there's an 8.38 Gerwer Grimple deck I'm eyeing - haven't seen them show up anywhere yet, though.

sammyz

« Reply #745 on: August 10, 2020, 04:32:01 PM »
I recently got the twin tail ishod 8.3...fuck its a good deck. Im really enjoying the twin tail. Its also the second deck with a 14.4wb...the last one i had was the grimple stix and now im convinced there is something magical with that WB for me...basically, 32” long deck with 14.4WB is my sweet spot.

@goldegateheights : Are you referring to the Instagram post with the new grimple stix earlier today? They looks great, the peter hewitt 8.25 looks pretty sweet. I wish they would put out grimple stix more often...sickest graphics

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #746 on: August 10, 2020, 04:41:46 PM »
I recently got the twin tail ishod 8.3...fuck its a good deck. Im really enjoying the twin tail. Its also the second deck with a 14.4wb...the last one i had was the grimple stix and now im convinced there is something magical with that WB for me...basically, 32” long deck with 14.4WB is my sweet spot.

@goldegateheights : Are you referring to the Instagram post with the new grimple stix earlier today? They looks great, the peter hewitt 8.25 looks pretty sweet. I wish they would put out grimple stix more often...sickest graphics
There's a new AH catalog that came out a few days ago and all three Grimple riders got 2 shapes and one graphic in it. New Krooked catalog out too.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #747 on: August 10, 2020, 05:00:13 PM »
Yeah, Deluxe's 8.38's with the 14.5 WB have been my go to since getting back on the board about a year ago.

sammyz

« Reply #748 on: August 10, 2020, 05:42:09 PM »
Yeah, Deluxe's 8.38's with the 14.5 WB have been my go to since getting back on the board about a year ago.

do you use 8.25 trucks, like an indy 144?
just saw the catalogue and the Kanfoush 8.4 looks good too, but not sure how it would feel on 144's...i prefer smaller truck, but that might be too much.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #749 on: August 11, 2020, 05:23:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do you use 8.25 trucks, like an indy 144?
just saw the catalogue and the Kanfoush 8.4 looks good too, but not sure how it would feel on 144's...i prefer smaller truck, but that might be too much.

I ride the navy eagle (8.5) with 8.25 thunders. It works great for me. I think it mellows out how wide the board is, making it more "tippy" as Schmitt would say.