Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 225827 times)

TumKayo

Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #840 on: November 17, 2020, 05:50:29 PM »
I was looking for a sweatpants board all last month and couldn't find, so when I saw this on Tactics early I used my coupon on it. I bought it before any store or Krooked uploaded a graphic, and when I saw the pic before it came in the mail, I was thinking it was meh. In person it's super nice. I got a purple top sheet and it matches up with the purple Gonz signature and stuff on the back.

I took it to the park for 10 minutes. It felt a bit squirrelly so I swapped out for something with a longer WB. The tail is a bit longer than I'm used to, and it messed with my weight distribution. I think I could get used to it in the bowls if I spent an hour on it though. Wasn't an instant "click" like some boards. Took it out for a few minutes cruising the street and ollieing around, and it feels amazing for that, maybe my favorite so far. Need more time, much more.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #841 on: November 17, 2020, 05:56:21 PM »
Pretty sure that's still the Sweatpants shape. Great board.

Yes, you are right!

That is often one of the good things with DLX.  I cannot recall if another version of the Sweatpants had double drilled holes, but all the pics I am looking up seem not to.  I have not seen any in person as they are all in short supply.

Wheelbase shows 14.38 from one site and 14.75 from another though.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

TumKayo

« Reply #842 on: November 17, 2020, 07:51:23 PM »
This one is 14.38"

Bob Loblaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #843 on: November 18, 2020, 02:01:37 PM »
Anyone know if the Mike Anderson Krooked shape is going to be in future drops?

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #844 on: November 18, 2020, 02:54:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is I or IV the most concave? I got a III on my Krooked Gonz.
[close]

I is the top of the stack so more concave. A III would be the second flattest. Personally I don’t find the concaves to be too different feeling. At the end of the day they are all the ideal bbs concave that I like.
[close]

Ya I like mine, was just wondering. Good to know they aren’t THAT different, I havent taken the time to compare.

I dont know about it not being that different. Ive just gone from a III brown bomber to a I and it feels all wrong. Ive only had one session but everything is off. Im hoping i either get use to it, or it mellows out a bit....or maybe im just being a bitch about it

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #845 on: November 18, 2020, 05:32:48 PM »
Ok, i take that back.

Today i had my second session...the board seemed to have more flex, and now it’s popping crazy.

Maybe first night it was too stiff along with being steeper than my previous deck.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #846 on: November 19, 2020, 01:20:36 AM »
Ok, i take that back.

Today i had my second session...the board seemed to have more flex, and now it’s popping crazy.

Maybe first night it was too stiff along with being steeper than my previous deck.

I do that all the time, as I don't break boards, so they last a while, the old one gets so comfortable, then the new one feels so stiff and weird, but usually mellows out nicely.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #847 on: November 19, 2020, 01:28:39 AM »

Is that the normal popsicle shape 8.38 x 32 with 14.25 wheelbase or something else?

They are very much the same as the 8.4 x 32 with 14.25 wheelbase that is on the Antihero Lovers 2 series as per a page back and look like they are going to be a standard shape, as more people like that shorter 14.25 wheelbase.

The Grant Taylor and the Stranger are both that size.

Bob Loblaw

• Rep: 10
« Reply #848 on: November 19, 2020, 02:02:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is that the normal popsicle shape 8.38 x 32 with 14.25 wheelbase or something else?

They are very much the same as the 8.4 x 32 with 14.25 wheelbase that is on the Antihero Lovers 2 series as per a page back and look like they are going to be a standard shape, as more people like that shorter 14.25 wheelbase.

Hell yeah thanks
Just picked up an 8.25 Planner AH. Closest I could find by eye

ballintoohard

« Reply #849 on: November 21, 2020, 03:13:22 PM »
Can anyone that has skated a Worrest 8.3 twin tail recommend something that is super similar, but with a nose? Would any 14.38 wheelbase that is ~32 length be the best match?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #850 on: November 21, 2020, 08:02:13 PM »
Can anyone that has skated a Worrest 8.3 twin tail recommend something that is super similar, but with a nose? Would any 14.38 wheelbase that is ~32 length be the best match?

Standard DLX 8.25 x 32 with 14.38 WB is only a hair off the 8.3 twins for width, just longer nose, so they would be the best bet. 

If you did want a bit wider, there are similar boards, but the FULL S-E 8.38 (which feels more like 8.5 to me) also has 32.18 length with 14.38 wheelbase.  They are very squared in the ends and lots of fun to ride, but definitely a lot more like an 8.5 than an 8.3 twin for width.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #851 on: November 22, 2020, 12:53:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that shape's the shit! there used to be one or two per drop here and there in between the dlx brands but those specs seem to be popping up on the new catalogs more often (particularly with the 14.25web, yum)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #852 on: November 24, 2020, 01:56:57 PM »
Krooked drop 4 is now live.

I think everyone has seen the boards and info in most good shops now anyway, but it is cool to see it updated on the DLX page too.

https://krookedskateboarding.com/

The one Worrest twin tail slick 8.3 I think someone has been looking for, even though it doesn't say it is a twin tail, that is the size, shape, etc for those decks.

ImmanuelCunt

• Rep: 31
« Reply #853 on: November 24, 2020, 02:52:08 PM »
I really hope I find one or 2 of the Worrest twin tails. I still have one Worrest Destroyer spare but it feels like a waste to put it on when the other one I am riding right now is still somewhat working and I haven't seen a twin tail 8.25/8.38 in like 2-3 month in any shop here. By the way did I mention that I really love the 8.38 slick deck.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #854 on: November 24, 2020, 03:42:38 PM »
I really hope I find one or 2 of the Worrest twin tails. I still have one Worrest Destroyer spare but it feels like a waste to put it on when the other one I am riding right now is still somewhat working and I haven't seen a twin tail 8.25/8.38 in like 2-3 month in any shop here. By the way did I mention that I really love the 8.38 slick deck.

Not sure where you are, but So Cal shop has a few in stock right now (five when I just checked).  Some of their size specs seem a bit out though, so don't go so much by what they have up, but there are quite a few of those boards right now in stock in a lot of skate shops, even if they don't list them as twin tail, search KROOKED WORREST and they should come up.

https://socalskateshop.com/search.html?Search=worrest

Maybe just check with them before anything else it is actually the twin with the correct dimensions.

Here too:

https://www.paradeworld.com/search/?query=worrest

At least Skate Warehouse has the correct dimensions and info:

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Krooked_Worrest_Archur_TT_Slick_Deck/descpage-KKWARCHRSDK.html

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:13:02 PM by Mbrimson88 »

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #855 on: November 24, 2020, 03:55:06 PM »
Are all the 8.06 x 31.8 14.38wb going to be the same tail/nose/shape? On a Daan lovers board now and I never paid too much attention before but its working the balls and I wanna stick with it despite not being able to go in a shop

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #856 on: November 24, 2020, 04:00:09 PM »
In theory, yes. But human error and mold placement(1-4) will change the feel.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #857 on: November 24, 2020, 05:05:50 PM »
In theory, yes. But human error and mold placement(1-4) will change the feel.

Good enough for me. Much obliged!

Fat Tony

• Rep: 6
« Reply #858 on: November 25, 2020, 05:29:31 AM »
Does anyone know what the “dreamer” shape tag on the Ishod means? The dimensions sound interesting, but idk what that shape means.

https://www.realskateboards.com/

Also, has anyone found any full shapes? I see plenty of full se, but hoping to find a full without a shortened wheelbase.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #859 on: November 25, 2020, 07:42:19 AM »
Does anyone know what the “dreamer” shape tag on the Ishod means? The dimensions sound interesting, but idk what that shape means.

Also, has anyone found any full shapes? I see plenty of full se, but hoping to find a full without a shortened wheelbase.

I have wondered the same but didn‘t find any info. Copped the deck anyway, haven‘t skated it yet tho. I have the previous Ishod Victory too which was full SE. The dreamer is slightly more tapered. Also both decks were sold as 8.38 but the Victory is 8.5 whereas the Peace Tree is a real 8.38 or max. 8.4. Hope that helps!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #860 on: November 25, 2020, 04:42:13 PM »

I have wondered the same but didn‘t find any info. Copped the deck anyway, haven‘t skated it yet tho. I have the previous Ishod Victory too which was full SE. The dreamer is slightly more tapered. Also both decks were sold as 8.38 but the Victory is 8.5 whereas the Peace Tree is a real 8.38 or max. 8.4. Hope that helps!

Re Dreamer - unless it was something else, the "dreamer" Kyle Walker I had seemed like a mellow concave option, or might have just been coincidence, but it is still the same overall as the normal 8.38 x 32.25 with a 14.5 wheelbase, as per the olive green eagle Antihero and all the others listed as that size, which I had quite a few of as well.

Re Full / Full SE - It would seem that almost all the boards are leaning towards shorter wheelbases for the current trend in the last release or two, not just from DLX but quite a few other brands as well.

The FULL shape was a really good big, wide and long board, but unless there are more planned it will be a struggle to find anything like that right now.

I actually posted this in response to other questions / for someone else a few days ago, but again is relevant for you guys, with the three options in the 8.38 DLX boards - normal, Full and Full SE, with all their dimensions clearly listed on the stickers.

Also note, there is always some size variance with boards, but not as much as would make something so different you couldn't ride it.  The wheelbase on the normal 8.38 is perfect I find, with the full SE only being 2mm shorter, so unless you are extremely finely tuned, I skated both pretty much the same, just the Full is much wider in the kicks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH4ghnnlwAe/

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 04:53:58 PM by Mbrimson88 »

Fat Tony

• Rep: 6
« Reply #861 on: November 25, 2020, 05:16:42 PM »
Thanks, maybe I’ll settle for a full SE. Any thoughts on the anti hero Pfanner? Looks like it could be a full shape and the dimensions could work for me as well. Agree it doesn’t seem like there are any full shapes, but I did get This response from real:

Hey Tony,

Sorry about that. It looks like 8.25 Full’s might be sold out at the moment.
We definitely will have that shape in the future. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes but we appreciate your support.
If you need help finding a different shape, let me know and I’ll do my best to assist.

Thanks.

Cameron Ennis
Customer Service / Marketing Assistant
Deluxe Distribution
1111 17th Street, Suite A
San Francisco, CA  94107
www.dlxsf.com
@camennis

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #862 on: November 25, 2020, 05:53:45 PM »
Thanks, maybe I’ll settle for a full SE. Any thoughts on the anti hero Pfanner? Looks like it could be a full shape and the dimensions could work for me as well.

DLX are awesome!

I often use the catalog sites for specifications and then search the brand and the name, not so much with FULL in the search, as often they are not listed in detail, but you can be lucky sometimes, eg Real full deck or even full 8.38 and quite often check the images option as you might find it from that.

So many boards are not listed in basic searches online too, so even checking in with the local shops or the specific web sites of stores you buy from can also turn up some good finds.

The three FULL boards from the current lineup in 8.25 or 8.38 are:

8.25 Antihero Beres

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/fall20/ah-2020-del4-06.jpg

8.38 Real Mason

https://www.realskateboards.com/img/2020/rs-2020-del-04-mason.jpg

8.25 Real Donnelly

https://www.realskateboards.com/img/2020/rs-2020-del-04-donnelly.jpg

Or there is the 8.5 as well:

8.0 and 8.5 Real Ishod

https://www.realskateboards.com/img/2020/rs-2020-del-04-ishod.jpg

Or even boards from the last drop (which I can see some of locally here in Australia, but doesn't help much if you are in the US)

https://www.realskateboards.com/2020-delivery-3/

Teddy2Belts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #863 on: November 25, 2020, 10:12:47 PM »
The three FULL boards from the current lineup in 8.25 or 8.38 are:

8.25 Antihero Beres

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/fall20/ah-2020-del4-06.jpg

8.38 Real Mason

https://www.realskateboards.com/img/2020/rs-2020-del-04-mason.jpg

8.25 Real Donnelly

https://www.realskateboards.com/img/2020/rs-2020-del-04-donnelly.jpg

Still haven't seen that 8.38 Mason anywhere. Hope something didn't get messed up with production.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #864 on: November 26, 2020, 07:07:46 PM »
Expand Quote

Still haven't seen that 8.38 Mason anywhere. Hope something didn't get messed up with production.

All of those three seem like they are yet to make it to shops or "still waiting" with only the Donnelly showing up once, but already sold out.

Correction: the Donnelly praying hands deck is up in a few more shops now though, but not the others.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #865 on: November 26, 2020, 07:16:46 PM »

Teddy2Belts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #866 on: November 27, 2020, 01:20:30 PM »
Or even boards from the last drop (which I can see some of locally here in Australia, but doesn't help much if you are in the US)

https://www.realskateboards.com/2020-delivery-3/

In my search for the Mason 8.38 from drop 4, I didn't even think to check if anyone had any 8.38 full s-e decks left from drop 3. Found some! Thanks for the tip!

Glurmpz

« Reply #867 on: November 27, 2020, 08:43:29 PM »
I just snapped the second brand new DLX board in a row, bummed. That 8.4 shape that's actually 8.30. It was perfect.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #868 on: November 29, 2020, 04:23:46 AM »
Anyone have a line on a lil snuff? I had one bookmarked but dragged my feet and it got snatched up.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #869 on: November 29, 2020, 09:01:48 AM »
Anyone have a line on a lil snuff? I had one bookmarked but dragged my feet and it got snatched up.
I’ll keep an eye you for ya