Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 233900 times)

Sedition

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #1710 on: October 12, 2022, 10:32:32 PM »
I usually grab 2 boards at a time in case I can't find one

I have a little stock pile of 8.25s...
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1031
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1711 on: October 12, 2022, 11:38:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Just curious for all the DLX junkies out there...what is your favorite and second favorite DLX shape?

Mine:

1st: 8.25/14.38
2nd: 8.75/14.62
[close]

Hands down the 8.28" x 31.7" x 14.12"
preferably on a 1 or 2 but I'll take what I can get.

They definitely seem like a harder shape to get hold of.

Almost every second board coming out right now is the 8.38 x 32.25 with 14.5 wb, which in some ways makes me happy as that is the one I skate the most, but I know lots of other people think it is weird, long wheelbase or whatever.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #1712 on: October 13, 2022, 04:44:18 AM »
Just curious for all the DLX junkies out there...what is your favorite and second favorite DLX shape?

Mine:

I would say,

1st: 8.25 full se
2nd: 8.25/14.38

And honorable mention would be this price point anti hero I got a couple summers back it was called a budgie. It had a pigeon holding a ripped 20 dollar bill in it's beak. It was only 40 bucks and it had a stained top and middle ply. The bottom was regular non dyed. It was an 8.38/14.38. It was such a good shape. And I've been hoping they make them again but they haven't  :'(

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1713 on: October 13, 2022, 06:42:08 AM »
1. Ishod 8.5 twin tail
2. This is a tough one. My tastes have changed and I have liked so many. The 8.75”, 8,38” Full, BA 9.25” I’ve enjoyed all a lot. Still have at least the 9”, 8.62” and Huffer to test out.

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #1714 on: October 13, 2022, 08:53:18 AM »
1) Huffer
2) The 8.5 x 14.25

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1126
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1715 on: October 13, 2022, 09:20:45 AM »
1) Huffer
2) The 8.5 x 14.25

Shut it down, this is the correct answer

IpathCats

« Reply #1716 on: October 13, 2022, 10:01:41 AM »
1.) 8.38 x 14.5
2.) 8.3 x 14.4 (bobby/ishod twin)

I have had exactly ZERO desire to ride anything else as my regular setup in over a year. And my madness is pretty bad so that says a lot. I guess i did try the 8.25 and 8.5 twins, but I immediately didnt like them.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1717 on: October 13, 2022, 10:25:29 AM »
1. 8.25/14.38. It's identical to BBS generic 8.38 so I can ride any brand I like perpetually. Just a tad more stable for a tall dude with short feet.
2. 8.38 Dreamer. A longer board that skates small. Best kickflips on this. Similar to the Baker shape.

I might be one of those people that hasn't been enamored but the Blue Eagle 8.5, but with that said I really want to better understand why I'm such a weirdo in this regard?

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1718 on: October 13, 2022, 10:56:15 AM »
I might be one of those people that hasn't been enamored but the Blue Eagle 8.5, but with that said I really want to better understand why I'm such a weirdo in this regard?

I am with you.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #1719 on: October 13, 2022, 01:59:56 PM »
Glad to see the Yinzer shape is on this drop.  I've been wanting to try it and just never pulled the trigger.  I'll have to grab one this time around.

Get hungry on it!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1720 on: October 13, 2022, 04:33:11 PM »

And honorable mention would be this price point anti hero I got a couple summers back it was called a budgie. It had a pigeon holding a ripped 20 dollar bill in it's beak. It was only 40 bucks and it had a stained top and middle ply. The bottom was regular non dyed. It was an 8.38/14.38. It was such a good shape. And I've been hoping they make them again but they haven't  :'(

I think that board came out around pandemic shutdown issue time, so there were quite issues with supply and maybe had a mix up with a few of them around, as I had a couple as well, mine being Krooked eyes pricepoint decks, which was funny as most were the longer 8.38 x 32.25 with 14.5 wb and single top stain option to that one you are talking about, but those were different.

That shape is more the generic BBS 8.38 x 32 with 14.38 wb, or at least that is how it is listed for Passport, the Generator / shop boards / smaller run type of companies like Carpet and Alltimers, so if you really like it check out a few of those ones.

Tactics uses BBS wood and has them, just for reference:

https://www.tactics.com/tactics/forecast-skateboard-deck

Boog

« Reply #1721 on: October 13, 2022, 04:48:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think that board came out around pandemic shutdown issue time, so there were quite issues with supply and maybe had a mix up with a few of them around, as I had a couple as well, mine being Krooked eyes pricepoint decks, which was funny as most were the longer 8.38 x 32.25 with 14.5 wb and single top stain option to that one you are talking about, but those were different.

That shape is more the generic BBS 8.38 x 32 with 14.38 wb, or at least that is how it is listed for Passport, the Generator / shop boards / smaller run type of companies like Carpet and Alltimers, so if you really like it check out a few of those ones.

Thank you so much! I learned so much on that shape. I'll check those brands out and see about getting one. We can always count on you with the leads on gear Brimson.

hiljentaa

• Rep: 315
« Reply #1722 on: October 13, 2022, 05:59:00 PM »
Has anyone skated the There James Pitonyak shape? 8.3 x 32.17 x 14.39.

https://www.thereskateboards.com/product-page/ways-james-pitonyak-8-3

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1723 on: October 13, 2022, 06:28:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Thank you so much! I learned so much on that shape. I'll check those brands out and see about getting one. We can always count on you with the leads on gear Brimson.

Thanks go to @LebowskisRug as he always rides those boards and lists dimensions.

Also I was assuming you were in USA, but in AU those boards are on sale on OCD, as their shop boards, which I just got a couple for people I know - those dimensions.

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/products/ocd-keys-8-375-skateboard-deck

Don't be put off by their listed length either, as they are definitely just the normal ones, a touch shorter than my usual DLX 8.38 when put them back to back.

FS_Overcrook

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1724 on: October 13, 2022, 07:20:53 PM »
Expand Quote

Mine:

[close]

Hands down the 8.28" x 31.7" x 14.12"
preferably on a 1 or 2 but I'll take what I can get.

Holistic has a few of the 8.28” shape

https://holisticskateshop.com/search?q=Deck%208.28

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1725 on: October 13, 2022, 08:22:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I basically only skate that shape and it is identical to the DLX 8.25. The following brands use it:
Alltimers
April
Skate Mental
Pass~Port
The Killing Floor
Metal
Carpet
Darkroom
Element
Magenta
MaxAllure pro models
Everything through Theories so Hopps, Theories, Picture Show, etc
The Polar 8.38 is suuuuper close a tad less full
Sci-Fi Fantasy
If you're in SD both Pacific Drive and Slappy's Garage shop decks
Some Frog decks
Tactics shop decks
Occasionally Primitive has it as a shape
The Heated Wheel
35th North shop decks.
Isle used to use it if you can find them

Basically any time you see 8.38x14.38 BBS it's that shape. The 14.5 shape they do is different.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 02:10:30 PM by LebowskisRug »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1726 on: October 14, 2022, 11:07:59 AM »
I think you asked a while back, but the 8.25" X 31.9" x 14.38WB UMA Landsleds is really close, but it feels a bit skinnier/longer in the nose (compared to the regs DLX 8.25)

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1727 on: October 14, 2022, 02:04:59 PM »
ohhhh I like the sound of that.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1728 on: October 14, 2022, 04:53:23 PM »

I know people have already been talking about it, but just to add the pic here from the Drop 2 AH catalog, mainly for the 8.25 shorter shape in the Mis-Registered eagle series.

Guessing there are going to be a few more re releases of old shapes and some more new shapes coming in the next few drops too, now that everything is back to business as usual.

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/fall-2022

Some people I know were stoked the Orange Crush 9.1 shovel nose was back in rotation, along with the Grosso re-roasted shape, the Robbie Russo "Lusso" shape out again and the new 8.25 shorter board, as per pic below:

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1126
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1729 on: October 14, 2022, 06:18:21 PM »
Anyone skated the 8.75 x 14.25 Misregistered eagle? What’s the feedback. Seems like a good compromise of big board but not extremely short wheelbase

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1730 on: October 14, 2022, 10:47:26 PM »
Anyone skated the 8.75 x 14.25 Misregistered eagle? What’s the feedback. Seems like a good compromise of big board but not extremely short wheelbase

I think a few people have had it and some posted in the Setups and maybe the WBSWB threads.

A very short tail was the main comment on it, but otherwise they were keen on the wide board but shorter wheelbase option, especially when the normal 8.75 x 32.5 has a 14.62 wb which is a huge difference.

Edit:

I searched those threads but couldn't find any of them, only the 8.5 version in setups and pics.

Tactics has all three sizes on there, with dimensions (make of them what you will) so at least on paper it is the same tail as the 8.5 which cannot be the case as they both have the same length but the 8.5 has 14 even wb, then the 8.75 has 14.25 wb so has to lose .25" somewhere else, unless it is actually longer.

https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/mis-registered-eagle-825-skateboard-deck

SIZE   8.25
WIDTH (IN):   8.25
LENGTH (IN):   31.5
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.0
NOSE (IN):   6.875
TAIL (IN):   6.625

https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/misregistered-inverse-eagle-85-skateboard-deck

SIZE   8.5
WIDTH (IN):   8.5
LENGTH (IN):   31.75
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.0
NOSE (IN):   7.06

https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/misregistered-inverse-eagle-875-skateboard-deck

SIZE   8.75
WIDTH (IN):   8.75
LENGTH (IN):   31.75
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.25
NOSE (IN):   7.0

« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 11:04:54 PM by Mbrimson88 »

Boog

« Reply #1731 on: October 15, 2022, 02:45:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I basically only skate that shape and it is identical to the DLX 8.25. The following brands use it:
Alltimers
April
Skate Mental
Pass~Port
The Killing Floor
Metal
Carpet
Darkroom
Element
Magenta
MaxAllure pro models
Everything through Theories so Hopps, Theories, Picture Show, etc
The Polar 8.38 is suuuuper close a tad less full
Sci-Fi Fantasy
If you're in SD both Pacific Drive and Slappy's Garage shop decks
Some Frog decks
Tactics shop decks
Occasionally Primitive has it as a shape
The Heated Wheel
35th North shop decks.
Isle used to use it if you can find them

Basically any time you see 8.38x14.38 BBS it's that shape. The 14.5 shape they do is different.
Ok thanks for all the info. Now that I know what to look for I'm going to stick with that shape from now on. Really appreciate you and Brimson's gear knowledge.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #1732 on: October 15, 2022, 05:37:28 AM »

I know people have already been talking about it, but just to add the pic here from the Drop 2 AH catalog, mainly for the 8.25 shorter shape in the Mis-Registered eagle series.

Guessing there are going to be a few more re releases of old shapes and some more new shapes coming in the next few drops too, now that everything is back to business as usual.

Some people I know were stoked the Orange Crush 9.1 shovel nose was back in rotation, along with the Grosso re-roasted shape, the Robbie Russo "Lusso" shape out again and the new 8.25 shorter board, as per pic below:

God, that 8.25 x 31.75 x 14 sounds perfect except for the brown bottom ply. Might cop even though I have quite a few boards stocked up recently.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1733 on: October 16, 2022, 08:52:06 AM »

They had an 8.75/14.25 out awhile ago...think it was the Namste/yogo graphic? 14.38" is my usual jam. 14.25" just starts to feel too short/cramped for me. Well, I tired it out of curiosity. Would a wider deck some how off set the 14.25" wb? I had to find out. End result? Yeah. I don't like 14.25 (or smaller) wb in any context.   

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1734 on: October 16, 2022, 04:30:26 PM »
Ok you don't like smaller, but what about bigger

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1735 on: October 16, 2022, 04:46:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

God, that 8.25 x 31.75 x 14 sounds perfect except for the brown bottom ply. Might cop even though I have quite a few boards stocked up recently.

I am guessing it will become a fairly well used shape, if not standard line, so if you have boards right now and don't like the brown stains, chances are there will probably be a lot more options in future drops.

Speaking of brown stains, (no not that kind!!!) now that someone had mentioned AH have a lot of brown stains, that seems to be all I am seeing on a lot of boards like this now too.

Funny about that, but I never really thought of any brown stain veneers apart from Passport and Magenta brand boards, even though these ones are different.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1736 on: October 16, 2022, 05:24:25 PM »

I’m a big fan of the 8.75/14.6. And I really wish DLX made a proper 8.5 / 14.5. They don’t. And I don’t get that. They make EVERYTHING else.

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 177
« Reply #1737 on: October 16, 2022, 06:51:07 PM »
Anyone riding or have the true specs of the Anti-hero curb crusher 8.5" x 31.75" - 14" WB?
just wondering if it runs true to size or if it's a little narrower like the blue eagle.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1738 on: October 16, 2022, 08:09:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m a big fan of the 8.75/14.6. And I really wish DLX made a proper 8.5 / 14.5. They don’t. And I don’t get that. They make EVERYTHING else.

I really like their 8.38x14.38

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #1739 on: October 16, 2022, 08:53:22 PM »
Any of you guys ride Thunders on the Manderson, or is it more common to find Indys and Aces set up on this?  Thinking of picking one up for the next deck, but curious how the Thunders pair with it.