Author Topic: skaters that embarrass you  (Read 14400 times)

Spider on drugs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: skaters that embarrass you
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2015, 04:58:53 AM »
When someone complains about the're spot / park but doesent want to go street skate, when you're filming someone at a spot with pedestrians and they freak out  causing everyone to think skaters are mentally ill people , skaters that hate to be filmed under the argument of not wanting to be judged by others on the internet.

also people that double flip in games

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2015, 05:32:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
definitely that kid/his parents that are apparently trying to sue biebel over his park, that takes the cake. those kinds of people are the fucking worst.
[close]

can you please elaborate a little on this, sounds interesting.

did some kids try get into biebel's park or something
[close]

So Biebel and a few other people have a warehouse skatepark thats a few blocks away from North Hollywood skatepark. 

For the most part you could just go there and skate if the door was open which it pretty much always was. 

Then I guess the kid broke his arm, there was some subsequent legal action

Public access to the park has been pretty much over since.
[close]

A similar situation happened here in Portugal. Some random kid that barely skated fell in the park and broke an arm. Parents were some kind of advocates and sued the city. Next month they demolished the park... That was 5 years ago.
  ??? ??? ???

Such

« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2015, 03:14:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
definitely that kid/his parents that are apparently trying to sue biebel over his park, that takes the cake. those kinds of people are the fucking worst.
[close]

[close]

So Biebel and a few other people have a warehouse skatepark thats a few blocks away from North Hollywood skatepark. 

For the most part you could just go there and skate if the door was open which it pretty much always was. 

[close]

A similar situation happened here in Portugal. Some random kid that barely skated fell in the park and broke an arm. Parents were some kind of advocates and sued the city. Next month they demolished the park... That was 5 years ago.
dude i have family in portugal, but i havent been there in years. they live in villa nova or something i think. anyways, theres another city close by, but i cant remember the name. i remember there being a blue skate park there, mostly boxes and ledges, maybe a quarter pipe or two, next to a fountain i think. right by the water.
but the last time i was there some local kids told me it got torn down since some kid got hurt and his parents sued. same place?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2015, 03:32:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
dude i have family in portugal, but i havent been there in years. they live in villa nova or something i think. anyways, theres another city close by, but i cant remember the name. i remember there being a blue skate park there, mostly boxes and ledges, maybe a quarter pipe or two, next to a fountain i think. right by the water.
but the last time i was there some local kids told me it got torn down since some kid got hurt and his parents sued. same place?

Yeah... The place is called Povoa do Varzim. I heard they are building a new skatepark next year tho.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

ginatran

• Rep: -90
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2015, 10:18:29 PM »
Everyone on Girl and Chocolate.

ginatran

« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2015, 10:20:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The kind that get into choppers. I guess I'm not embarrassed, they should feel embarrassed.
[close]

because ???
[close]

Because it's like Wild Hogs with skinny jeans and sparkly helmets.

you sound jealous

Grampa

• Rep: 151
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »
k

Such

« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2015, 03:40:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah... The place is called Povoa do Varzim. I heard they are building a new skatepark next year tho.
POVOA! that was the name thanks. i saw some guy rip outside a skateshop there too. he was skating a fountain with skate stoppers all around it. like different length metal bars forming a wave pattern.
so hows the skate scene in Povoa now? completely dead?

from what ive seen the skate scene in portugal seem pretty shitty honestly. ive witnessed a handful skatepark fights the times ive been there. i met some cool skaters but the rest were assholes. long time ago tho. i also remember skating a really fun tranny park in ponte de lima. it had long vert wall i think. thats still there right?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2015, 03:59:21 PM »
The skaters that believe in weird conspiracies.  I'm looking at you Matt Beach night time dinosaur hunter.

Skaters that ramble and are inarticulate.  The Jake Johnsons and Ocean Howells are a rare breed.
Sorry that that's personally embaressing to you. Me? I'm probably both 1 and 2. Couldn't tell you if they're "conspiracies" and if they are if they're weird though.

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2015, 04:05:12 PM »

core

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2015, 04:41:39 PM »

Skate scene in Portugal is strange... In the small citys, like mine, we are always suportive and try to help each others, but then in bigger citys i see lots of small groups were people dont talk to each other and lots of times they look at us, strangers, like some kind of posers when they dont know us at all. I dont know. I dont like that vibe at all. I grew up in a city with 2 other skaters. I always was nice to strangers because they dont come that often. Everyone is welcome to skate with me, except if its some person ahaha...
Ponte de Lima park is sketchy as shit. I simply cant skate that... but the scene there is awesome. The local shop "korner skateshop" is super suportive to everyone that go there and they have lots of ripping little kids skating the park! A diferent scene since tranny is not a big thing in Portugal.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Jordick

« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2015, 04:48:12 PM »
I don't understand this. How could Marc Johnson, Kenny Anderson, Mike Carroll, etc. embarass you?

ginatran

« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2015, 05:02:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don't understand this. How could Marc Johnson, Kenny Anderson, Mike Carroll, etc. embarass you?

Marc Johnson? Are you kidding? Every time he opens his mouth it's embarassing. 
Mike Carroll and Kenny Anderson are just boring. It's more to do with Girl and Chocolate itself.  Their affiliation makes them guilty by association.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2015, 08:23:49 PM »
Expand Quote
The majority of interviews with pro skateboarders are embarrassing to read, they often don't say anything real about what their asked about and they are usually boring ass answers. For instance, it's always "yeah he's sick, I want to see everyone's part, they are both good". Now, I'm not looking for a fucking scandal every time I open an interview but (nearly) every pro seems shit scared of offending anyone if they speak their mind. There would be nothing wrong with someone voicing their opinion of not liking someone's skating or being annoyed that someone else did the same trick as them and released it before them. I'm aware there are some great and honest interviews etc but mostly, they are stale, bland and lack what feels like real personality.
[close]

People who don't read books and don't go to museums.

Ha, I suppose I can take your point seriously but why quote my unrelated post in yours?
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

whoami

• Rep: -43
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2015, 12:05:19 AM »
Mike Carroll may not be the greatest guy personality wise, but I wouldn't say anything negative about what he's done on or off a board.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2015, 01:33:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The kind that get into choppers. I guess I'm not embarrassed, they should feel embarrassed.
[close]

because ???
[close]

Because it's like Wild Hogs with skinny jeans and sparkly helmets.

idk, I've ridden motorbikes since I was four so that's even before I started skating.
Can't really hate on people for getting into bikes, they've kinda gone hand in hand/ been part of the culture for a long time now

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

The Claw

• Rep: -9
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2015, 09:15:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Lutzka and his fedora

Berra for sure - he's not that funny

P Rod talking about dedication, practise, motivation etc...

Chris Cole and the obscene monster endorsement

Ben Raermers - that guy is dumb as fuck

Jim Greco and his attempt to compete with the Berrics

The whole plan B team during the montages and non skating sections
except Joslin - when he bit is lip and spat during his intro he looked
pretty cool

[close]

Joslin is just a mad guy with a short career.

You spelt practice wrong. Benny boy isn't the only dumb one.

beat!

• Rep: -16
  • i feel like im skating a 7.5 in dunks
    • streetbeerz avatar image
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2015, 11:11:08 AM »
Sean Powers after that Jenkem thing. what a nut

ginatran

« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2015, 09:12:16 PM »
Mike Carroll may not be the greatest guy personality wise, but I wouldn't say anything negative about what he's done on or off a board.

his skating is boring as fuck, he might be one of the most overrated pros of all time.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2015, 03:14:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

his skating is boring as fuck, he might be one of the most overrated pros of all time.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG...again
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

nice_guy_2

« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2015, 05:46:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Assuming is some chatty patty shit

beat!

« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2015, 07:55:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh my fucking god... who do you watch?

ginatran

« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2015, 08:51:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not some jock that skates in khakis.  Girl is the jockest team in the history of skating.  Sheffey was the only cool one out of the og team.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:53:00 PM by ginatran »

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2015, 11:27:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Not some jock that skates in khakis.  Girl is the jockest team in the history of skating.  Sheffey was the only cool one out of the og team.
you must have never heard of plan b

ginatran

« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2015, 01:12:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
you must have never heard of plan b

Girl is/was more jock than plan b. Their look in the 90's s one of the all time lows for skate styles. They looked like fratboy date rapists and acted like it too.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2015, 01:18:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Marc Johnson? Are you kidding? Every time he opens his mouth it's embarassing. 
Mike Carroll and Kenny Anderson are just boring. It's more to do with Girl and Chocolate itself.  Their affiliation makes them guilty by association.

You seem upset.

beat!

« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2015, 09:19:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

you've been misled

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2015, 10:40:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the quintessential street skater is boring as fuck. yeah, ok buddy

ginatran

« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2015, 12:44:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

LOL he's not the quintessential street skater, and yeah he is boring as fuck.  I've never been hyped to skate after a Mike Carroll part. 

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2015, 01:02:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

LOL he's not the quintessential street skater, and yeah he is boring as fuck.  I've never been hyped to skate after a Mike Carroll part.  
Yeah dude seriously I mean all his stuff in Shackle Me Not, Hokus Pokus, Not The New H-Street Video, Questionable, Virtual Reality, Finally, Goldfish, Paco, Mouse, Penal Code, Chocolate Tour, Modus, Chomp, Yeah Right,  Hot Chocolate, Cheese and Crackers, all the tour videos, Fully Flared, Pretty Sweet and all that other horseshit he's put out over his short and uneventful career is totally not inspiring at all and I could see how someone like you would not be psyched and want to go skate after watching any one of those parts. I can totally see that because you are a fucking person that hasn't been skating very long and your opinion sucks.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:04:19 PM by Shitbag »