Author Topic: The other shoes thread  (Read 54013 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: The other shoes thread
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2015, 03:35:57 PM »
Expand Quote

Also tried some magista x street. Been curious about'em since they were released. The price was good but sadly they only had a half size bigger than mine. The fit is crazy on those, i would buy a pair just to skate in them if i could...

[close]

I think this is how the next kostons will look like

Yeah, i think i saw that too here. Excited to see how they turn out!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2015, 10:59:34 PM »

Also, the one that noileum has but all black is a great boot, i had it in my hand the other day and was surprised with how flexible it was. Great looking too.

shiiiiiit

Hadn't seen an all black pair until now and they are fucking lovely.  Really comfortable, not sure how they would stand up to a proper winter but for what we get in the UK they're spot on

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2015, 11:28:49 PM »
anyone know a good winter boot that isnt too chunky or super expensive? aka not tims... and im talking like walking in a foot of snow type boot

Someone posted back like 5 years ago before this thread existed and told me to get some 'native' boots and rock them with some super thick socks. Warmest shits EVER and light as fuck! Don't know how they'd handle a foot of snow but I've worn them at like -2 and my feet were still toasty. Not the most fashionable boots on the planet but the price is right. I ended up getting the chocolate brown ones.

edit: I'm talking the style "fitzsimmons" and wouldn't be caught dead in any other shoe by this brand :o
http://nativeshoes.com/adult-boots
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:34:27 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #183 on: December 23, 2015, 04:31:27 AM »
Expand Quote

Also, the one that noileum has but all black is a great boot, i had it in my hand the other day and was surprised with how flexible it was. Great looking too.

[close]

shiiiiiit

Hadn't seen an all black pair until now and they are fucking lovely.  Really comfortable, not sure how they would stand up to a proper winter but for what we get in the UK they're spot on

Yeah, i havent tried them on feet but they felt really good on hands. Not that bulky/hard boot felling. I think i could skate in them actually ahah

I think my girlfriend will give me some Clarks desert boots on Christmas and i'm stoked on it. I havent had some boots in forever (literally).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2015, 05:57:50 PM »
If anyone has any recomandations for comfortable shoes that still look good, please let me know. Especially if they are on sale.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2015, 04:20:33 AM »
If anyone has any recomandations for comfortable shoes that still look good, please let me know. Especially if they are on sale.

Whats your defenition of looking good? I like Air Maxes, old/new running sillhuetes, but would you? My advice would be to get some Nike Free Shoes, the most confortable shoes i own! (go to a nike outlet, they usually have a bunch of them for cheap) But if you like more of a skate looking shoe go for the Lite series of Vans, all the classic models but with a lightweight and comfy sole.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Koji-Wu

« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2015, 12:11:42 AM »

Adidas ultra boost are the most comfortable shoe I've ever had, and I've had a lot. You should be able to pick up last seasons colourways in the the sale.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2015, 02:38:05 PM »
Quote from: Koji-Wu  link=topic=86144.msg2425983#msg2425983 date=1451463102
Expand Quote
[close]

Adidas ultra boost are the most comfortable shoe I've ever had, and I've had a lot. You should be able to pick up last seasons colourways in the the sale.

Doesnt the new ones have a redesigned sole? With some continental tire stuff and a diferent "bumps"? The Adidas store at the mall has both but they are at the same price still, was hoping for a price drop. Ultra Boosts are one of the best Adidas silhouettes in years, just too pricey for my pocket.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Randozzi

« Reply #188 on: December 30, 2015, 02:48:21 PM »

got these for work, on my feet all day and they work like a charm. Best thing I've done for my feet, back and knees.

Clang

« Reply #189 on: January 01, 2016, 01:50:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Whats your defenition of looking good? I like Air Maxes, old/new running sillhuetes, but would you? My advice would be to get some Nike Free Shoes, the most confortable shoes i own! (go to a nike outlet, they usually have a bunch of them for cheap) But if you like more of a skate looking shoe go for the Lite series of Vans, all the classic models but with a lightweight and comfy sole.
I tried on the vans classic lites, but no good. Air maxes are nice depending on the model. I have flyknit lunar 1's (so comfy) but I am looking for something more casual you know? Flyknits and Ultraboosts are cool and look comfy, but they're so expensive and I'm not sure that I could wear that type of shoe all the time. I've been thinking about blazers and just swapping the insoles for something for supportive and comfortable.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #190 on: January 01, 2016, 02:18:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I tried on the vans classic lites, but no good. Air maxes are nice depending on the model. I have flyknit lunar 1's (so comfy) but I am looking for something more casual you know? Flyknits and Ultraboosts are cool and look comfy, but they're so expensive and I'm not sure that I could wear that type of shoe all the time. I've been thinking about blazers and just swapping the insoles for something for supportive and comfortable.

Uhmm... I would go for something like this:

New Balance NB 1500 deconstructed

Clark’s Tawyer Low

They look good in any type of situation. I also had both in my hand and they looked really comfy. 

Nike Airmax 1 essencial. Classic shoe, cant go wrong with those.

If i remember some more i post them here!  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Koji-Wu

« Reply #191 on: January 01, 2016, 04:42:35 PM »
Latest pick ups...

Nike archive 83m

Converse CT 70's suede

Koji-Wu

« Reply #192 on: January 01, 2016, 04:50:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Look at some of the reissued Nike's from the 80's such as:

Internationalist

Pegasus 83

Pegasus 89

Epic

Odyssey

All really nice silhouettes and non break the bank.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #193 on: January 01, 2016, 06:36:45 PM »
Quote from: Koji-Wu  link=topic=86144.msg2427115#msg2427115 date=1451695807

Look at some of the reissued Nike's from the 80's such as:

Internationalist

Pegasus 83

Pegasus 89

Epic

Odyssey

All really nice silhouettes and non break the bank.

Yeah those work really great! I really like the both Pegasus and the Odyssey.

You can also get the trainerendor, from Nike sb... They were originaly from the ACG line so they are not a skate a shoe as they have a rugged outsole. Pretty clean design, and fairly cheap, a friend of mine swears by them:

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #194 on: January 02, 2016, 05:10:53 AM »
Gotta do something about winter

Otis Fatona-Pinet

• Rep: -12
« Reply #195 on: January 02, 2016, 07:56:44 AM »
For $30 I couldn't resist, definitely gonna skate em a bit tho!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2016, 01:11:06 PM »
For $30 I couldn't resist, definitely gonna skate em a bit tho!

Damn, what a steal! I love those! The Palace collab is one of my grails, i need to get my hands on them someday. I wanna get some regular ones to skate. How do they fit?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Clang

« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2016, 05:06:00 PM »
Thanks so much for the recomendations guys! I've been looking at the Nike pegasus 83, Internationalist, New Balance 696 deconstructed, and some other stuff. Just need to find a simple colorway now.

Clang

« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2016, 05:08:58 PM »

These really remind me of Ipath cats, just like a chiller version

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2016, 10:21:35 AM »
Been playing ball a lot more at the Y what with it being winter. Thought I'd take a break from Kobes and stand on the bandwagon for a bit.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2016, 02:01:13 PM »
Been playing ball a lot more at the Y what with it being winter. Thought I'd take a break from Kobes and stand on the bandwagon for a bit.

I'm not huge on basketball but I kinda dig what UA is doing with Curry's shoes... They look high quality. Those are the 2's right?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2016, 06:15:52 AM »
Just got 2 new pairs of shoes for work, they're both comfy and go well with jeans so it's a win-win.

Nike Free Ace

Nike SB Trainerendor tweed

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2016, 06:50:59 PM »
Just got 2 new pairs of shoes for work, they're both comfy and go well with jeans so it's a win-win.

Nike Free Ace

Nike SB Trainerendor tweed

Free ace's are dope. People been sleeping on that silhouette heavily. Better than most adidas tubulars that have been coming out.

Been rocking those Clarks desert boots that my girl gave me as christmas gift. First "man boots" i've had, usually I go with runners/skate shoes but i really dig the look of those boots with some raw denim jeans.
They do have a odd fit, i had to go 1 full size down (althrough they are 1,5 cm smaller than i usually use) and i think i could go down another half.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2016, 11:32:24 PM »
Do any of you guys know of any Cortez like sneakers, something with the same type of sole not sure what the type of shoe would be called.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2016, 11:51:14 PM »

These really remind me of Ipath cats, just like a chiller version
These look rad, are they Clarks?

Dad life. It's insane how uncomfortable the busenitz's I'm currently skating feel after I wear these around.
you never know about pre-cum 

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2016, 04:22:54 PM »
Do any of you guys know of any Cortez like sneakers, something with the same type of sole not sure what the type of shoe would be called.

Retro style runners?
You can go with some Reebok Classic Leather, Adidas Rom, Onitsuka Tiger Corsair, Nike Elite... All those are that type of retro shoe but Cortez still the best bet IMO.
I actually got a pair of bronze cortez for my girl on christmas and she loves'em. Cant go wrong with Cortez, beautiful shoes.

Those are one of the best retro's of last year but dunno if they are still available. 

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2015/08/08/reebok-classic-resurrects-the-aztec-og-runner/

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #206 on: February 09, 2016, 04:39:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Retro style runners?
You can go with some Reebok Classic Leather, Adidas Rom, Onitsuka Tiger Corsair, Nike Elite... All those are that type of retro shoe but Cortez still the best bet IMO.
I actually got a pair of bronze cortez for my girl on christmas and she loves'em. Cant go wrong with Cortez, beautiful shoes.

Those are one of the best retro's of last year but dunno if they are still available. 

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2015/08/08/reebok-classic-resurrects-the-aztec-og-runner/
Rad thanks for the response Sk.A.T.A.N, I was considering the Cortez but around where I live if probably get hassled by cholos for wearing em

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #207 on: February 14, 2016, 03:18:39 AM »

New Balance 574 for walking and

Adidas gazelle's from 90's for chillin', both same colorways as shown above.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2016, 05:09:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not huge on basketball but I kinda dig what UA is doing with Curry's shoes... They look high quality. Those are the 2's right?

Yup. Never tried the 1's but these are nice. Really comfy and supportive. Plus you can just go to footlocker and buy them. No sneakerhead tomfoolery. 

Jordick

« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2016, 12:13:03 PM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=86144.msg2450096#msg2450096 date=1455448719

New Balance 574 for walking and

Adidas gazelle's from 90's for chillin', both same colorways as shown above.
have you tried skating those gazelles? Been thinking about getting em but $80 for a shoe that wasn't made for skating seems steep.