Author Topic: JENKEM:Race, Religion & Skateboarding w/ Beatrice Domond  (Read 6655 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: JENKEM:Race, Religion & Skateboarding w/ Beatrice Domond
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:31:03 AM »
Great read. She seems very grounded and well-spoken for her age. Her skate knowledge is pretty uncanny, I'm not sure most skaters in their 20's with a few years on the board would know who Cookiehead Jenkins is.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:33:31 AM »
Jenkem never disappoints
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:34:47 AM »
Jenkem never disappoints
but her skating does
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 11:50:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Jenkem never disappoints
[close]
but her skating does

Meh, she has better pop then I do. But, she's still young so she'll eventually get better.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

dog boy

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 12:04:36 PM »
Great read. She seems very grounded and well-spoken for her age. Her skate knowledge is pretty uncanny, I'm not sure most skaters in their 20's with a few years on the board would know who Cookiehead Jenkins is.

I loved this. I dislike most skaters because they lack this. But then I'm a hypocrite for judging people I don't even know in a context that they are portrayed in for marketing purposes....

All in all, this is refreshing, at least...I felt good after reading this. Makes me want to be positive today.

2thick

• Rep: -63
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 12:12:29 PM »
awesome

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 12:33:52 PM »
I am gonna send Dill my videos and maybe he will give me FA boards, or call me a faggot its whateves.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 12:43:20 PM »
my nigga

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 01:05:18 PM »
I am gonna send Dill my videos and maybe he will give me FA boards, or call me a faggot its whateves.
dill said he loves sponsor me tapes from really ghetto areas, so film a whole part in like a third word country, or Detroit, and then send it in and you have a better chance of getting boards, if you good then he might write a note saying "down river as FUCK. - jayson dilll" on it.

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 01:22:08 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=86821.msg2361760#msg2361760 date=1438200318
Expand Quote
[close]
dill said he loves sponsor me tapes from really ghetto areas, so film a whole part in like a third word country, or Detroit, and then send it in and you have a better chance of getting boards, if you good then he might write a note saying "down river as FUCK. - jayson dilll" on it.
My spots are already look pretty grimy, ill just throw me getting jumped in my nearest hood while trying a trick and I think I got it.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 02:28:48 PM »
hey dill and bill there's some kid in north dakota that just learned varial flips you should hook him up and put him in your next video.. what is this shit? it's like 'make a wish' for a random person. do you believe jenkem was really into a sketchy little selfie set to some  poetry? that shit was pretentious as fuck my dude. there is nothing special about this girl. she does the rieder arm thing and bends down like she skated el toro when coming off a foot high ledge. it's cool she likes to skate, but it doesn't make any sense why people are paying attention to her. sorry but you have to be a major FA supreme fuckboi to fall for this

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 02:51:29 PM »
hey dill and bill there's some kid in north dakota that just learned varial flips you should hook him up and put him in your next video.. what is this shit? it's like 'make a wish' for a random person. do you believe jenkem was really into a sketchy little selfie set to some  poetry? that shit was pretentious as fuck my dude. there is nothing special about this girl. she does the rieder arm thing and bends down like she skated el toro when coming off a foot high ledge. it's cool she likes to skate, but it doesn't make any sense why people are paying attention to her. sorry but you have to be a major FA supreme fuckboi to fall for this

You jealous? To be fair there isn't anything special about most sponsored pro's. It's their business they can do whatever they want, and I'm sure they could give two shits about your or anyone's opinion on how they approach working with Beatrice.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 03:01:07 PM »
Expand Quote
hey dill and bill there's some kid in north dakota that just learned varial flips you should hook him up and put him in your next video.. what is this shit? it's like 'make a wish' for a random person. do you believe jenkem was really into a sketchy little selfie set to some  poetry? that shit was pretentious as fuck my dude. there is nothing special about this girl. she does the rieder arm thing and bends down like she skated el toro when coming off a foot high ledge. it's cool she likes to skate, but it doesn't make any sense why people are paying attention to her. sorry but you have to be a major FA supreme fuckboi to fall for this
[close]

You jealous? To be fair there isn't anything special about most sponsored pro's. It's their business they can do whatever they want, and I'm sure they could give two shits about your or anyone's opinion on how they approach working with Beatrice.
lol. no i have no interest in being sponsored . why praise this girl and try to make her famous when she is nothing special? she looks the same as everyone else in the first few years of skateboarding. it doesn't make sense... put in a stupid little clip of a no comply impossible thing on a sidewalk in cherry and all the sudden she gets a fan base? that's some weird shit. she also says she's good and makes credits for her videos and that makes me cringe since she is apparently an adult
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:03:30 PM by wallieD »

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 03:03:01 PM »
the girl seems totally cool and level headed to me and much respect for that.  what I don't understand is why Jenkem (which is usually awesome), had to key in on the fact that she's "black, a girl, and religious".  Those points were completely unnecessary.  She's a skater.  All that other shit doesn't matter, until you sensationalize it in the article title and make it the point of the article/interview.  
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 03:06:08 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=86821.msg2361760#msg2361760 date=1438200318
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
My spots are already look pretty grimy, ill just throw me getting jumped in my nearest hood while trying a trick and I think I got it.
idk if this is working but just mimic everything he says and you should be on flow.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 03:08:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hey dill and bill there's some kid in north dakota that just learned varial flips you should hook him up and put him in your next video.. what is this shit? it's like 'make a wish' for a random person. do you believe jenkem was really into a sketchy little selfie set to some �poetry? that shit was pretentious as fuck my dude. there is nothing special about this girl. she does the rieder arm thing and bends down like she skated el toro when coming off a foot high ledge. it's cool she likes to skate, but it doesn't make any sense why people are paying attention to her. sorry but you have to be a major FA supreme fuckboi to fall for this
[close]

[close]
lol. no i have no interest in being sponsored . why praise this girl and try to make her famous when she is nothing special? she looks the same as everyone else in the first few years of skateboarding. it doesn't make sense... put in a stupid little clip of a no comply impossible thing on a sidewalk in cherry and all the sudden she gets a fan base? that's some weird shit. she also says she's good and makes credits for her videos and that makes me cringe since she is apparently an adult

what you call "Special" is subjective .  Why praise anyone in general??? Most skate clips I see look the same as everyone else.  It makes sense to me to market towards a different demographic, I have given up the daily Thrasher/TWS/Berric/YouTube check ins, its now bi-monthly because shit is so regurgitated.  But given all the shit Slap says about Nyjahs robot skating, you can believe noone gives a shit about how gnar you can get, so who cares if its a young black girl who does a no-comply, you should get over it dude.... like I said Its THEIR business they can run it HOWEVER way they choose. If the plan goes bust than you can talk all the shit about the marketing move, but till then you really should just get over how and who they market .
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:11:12 PM by Abyss1 »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 05:26:37 PM »
when are high waters going to die?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 06:03:21 PM »
Haven't there already been black skaters.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 06:29:43 PM »
she seems cool but no need for a article about her. unique indeed

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 06:40:34 PM »
Watching her flare her arms around looking like an exaggerated Sean Pablo is so cringeworthy, cant stand when people fake style like that.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 06:53:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

sorry dill hates white people with dreadlocks as evidenced in cherry

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 06:58:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

sorry dill hates white people with dreadlocks as evidenced in cherry
Do you even skate fuccboi? That dreadlocks joke is getting stale, havent had any for years and even when I did I was still probably cooler than you.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 07:50:52 PM »
Haven't there already been black skaters.

Don't you know about Stevie Williams? He was like the first real pro black skateboarder who would also made it alright for all them little skate niggas to  be up in the club and flossin, poppin a lil Mo.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Dong Juan

• Rep: -7
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2015, 08:57:27 PM »
That "I'm not religious, I'm a follower of christ" shit is a fucking cop out.  ::)

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 747
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 10:42:09 PM »
Who is beatrice on here? I'll be looking for telltale signs, clarity of vision and a style in progress. Very cool interview, good idea.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 11:35:26 PM »
I don't get the hate. not a single bit, even the part about christ did not bother me at all.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 12:19:44 AM »
I don't get the hate. not a single bit, even the part about christ did not bother me at all.

Exactly.
That interview is more interesting and articulate than a lot of Pro Spotlights.
She is what Skateboarding means to me.

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2015, 01:06:16 AM »
Good read, seems like a rad person.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2015, 05:24:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly.
That interview is more interesting and articulate than a lot of Pro Spotlights.
She is what Skateboarding means to me.

I think she put the Christ part in there because I hear horror stories from people all the time (most of them skaters but it's probably because that's mostly who I am around) about being judged and vibed super hard by religious people so he differentiating herself from them and saying she loves everyone was probably an important thing to some people.
Also I think shes sick, its just an article in Jenkem not a mag cover so she isnt exactly blowing up and getting coverage, I was just an article from someone who is very much a minority (in gender race and religion) being who ever she wants in skateboarding at a time where most people are the same from the way they dress skate and their world views.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi