Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765600 times)

rothdigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2940 on: February 26, 2021, 01:09:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is there a release date for the green and white 440hi?
[close]
Yeah, it should be released now, we just experienced some shipping delays because of Covid. This season is starting to hit shops and the NB site over the next week.
[close]
@rothdigga any update on the release date for these kicks? I was hoping these would come out in conjunction with the 508s but it seems like no one has them yet. I am so ready to throw my money at whoever puts them up for sale first.

I forgot to correct Greek on that, but those were always a March delivery.  Production shifted around a bit and mid-march was the delivery for these, so they're in the 2nd half of our Q1 21 deliveries.  Only a little over 2 more weeks until shops should start seeing them. 

coneklr

« Reply #2941 on: February 27, 2021, 09:23:49 AM »
@rothdigga sizing on that new Westgate TTS?

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #2942 on: February 27, 2021, 09:50:13 AM »
Expand Quote
The colors are so nice and I’m sure skates great.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLuYEyYsAfH/?igshid=x7jp00g7blfg
[close]

The one thing that bothers me is how the middle heel area panel extends and goes under the N logo. Looks a bit off to me and I think it would have been perfect without. Can't unsee it ever since I noticed.

want to echo how great these look, but also wanna throw my opinion out there b/c i feel the complete opposite - i actually really dig the layering with that grey enveloping the n. really gives a neat 'movement'/action effect, like the N is bouncing. i'd actually be bothered if the grey just went straight down into the sole and didn't wrap around haha

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #2944 on: February 27, 2021, 12:45:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

The one thing that bothers me is how the middle heel area panel extends and goes under the N logo. Looks a bit off to me and I think it would have been perfect without. Can't unsee it ever since I noticed.
[close]

want to echo how great these look, but also wanna throw my opinion out there b/c i feel the complete opposite - i actually really dig the layering with that grey enveloping the n. really gives a neat 'movement'/action effect, like the N is bouncing. i'd actually be bothered if the grey just went straight down into the sole and didn't wrap around haha

I like it too.  My only minor nit to pick is im not crazy about the cream + coke white juxtaposition.   Nike does it a lot and it’s killed shoes id other wise prefer was a uniform shade of white

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2945 on: February 27, 2021, 03:17:40 PM »

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #2946 on: February 27, 2021, 03:34:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Emailed New Balance NZ to see when they're getting the brown/green 1010 and was told they're not coming into the country. Tempted to tell them to give me a job because they're fucking up. First drop they only ordered the black and not the white/blue/yellow, and this year they're only getting the white/gum. When the DC x Bronze Lukoda dropped, the brown/green sold out INSTANTLY. These out of touch middle aged yuppies in their fitted Levi's and nb327's need to pay attention or pay someone who does. I'm big mad.
[close]

Sending you a DM.  I got you (not on the job though...just the shoe).
Made my week, thanks so much. Really excited for these to arrive.
Aaaaaaaaand noone else is going to be wearing them. What a come up

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2947 on: February 27, 2021, 03:40:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I like it too.  My only minor nit to pick is im not crazy about the cream + coke white juxtaposition.   Nike does it a lot and it’s killed shoes id other wise prefer was a uniform shade of white
I didn’t notice it before but I sorta like it. All In all it’s a great looking shoe. Can’t wait to hear from some people after they skate them if I don’t get a pair soon.( I have like 3 pairs of foys I planned on skating)

ballintoohard

« Reply #2948 on: February 27, 2021, 08:18:50 PM »
So 1010 sizing- is the consensus half size smaller than 440?

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #2949 on: February 27, 2021, 09:38:13 PM »

I went tts and they're alright, but I get a little heel slip if I don't tie em tight enough. Half size down might have been a good move!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2950 on: February 27, 2021, 09:59:44 PM »
Trent McClung has been skating NB shoes as of late.

He posted a clip skating in the 306.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #2951 on: February 28, 2021, 02:06:58 AM »

jep that is how i do it!

funny enough i was TTS in US 8 for forever and now seem to be US 7,5 in blazers, dunks and 1010s. 440 i am still US 8 in size

coneklr

« Reply #2952 on: February 28, 2021, 06:42:45 AM »

In case he misses this anyone who's tried these feel free to answer.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2954 on: February 28, 2021, 07:04:31 PM »
Yay. Will put black laces on now.

rothdigga

« Reply #2955 on: March 01, 2021, 10:01:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've been told by most that the 508's are indeed TTS.  I'm a bad gauge as I wear an 11.5 in everything we make except the 212/213.  But the consensus is TTS on the 508. 

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2956 on: March 01, 2021, 10:48:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I've been told by most that the 508's are indeed TTS.  I'm a bad gauge as I wear an 11.5 in everything we make except the 212/213.  But the consensus is TTS on the 508.

I'm gonna grab a pair of 508s just because I came up in the 508 and am always stoked on anything Brandon does, doubly so because I remember seeing him as a little, little dude killing it. BUT, does NB ever make like T-shirts and stuff for pro releases? I've been on the west coast for a minute and love repping my home!
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

rothdigga

« Reply #2957 on: March 01, 2021, 10:57:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm gonna grab a pair of 508s just because I came up in the 508 and am always stoked on anything Brandon does, doubly so because I remember seeing him as a little, little dude killing it. BUT, does NB ever make like T-shirts and stuff for pro releases? I've been on the west coast for a minute and love repping my home!
When the 913 Westgate came out we did a "Westgate Cranberry Farms" shirt for that release.  We did some Tiago shirts for the 1010 and some Foy ones as well when the 306 came out, so they do show up from time to time.  We didn't have a 508 shirt planned for this one but should.  Funny enough my skate crew growing up out here in Long Beach, CA was the 508 Crew (Rob G, Danny Montoya, me, Steve Saiz, Lowery, Pulsifer, TimTim and others).  Ours was the penal code for skating at the mall by us...skating tickets were a code 508...

Fhk

« Reply #2958 on: March 01, 2021, 01:05:44 PM »
A 508 Numeric shirt would be monumental.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2959 on: March 01, 2021, 02:37:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
When the 913 Westgate came out we did a "Westgate Cranberry Farms" shirt for that release.  We did some Tiago shirts for the 1010 and some Foy ones as well when the 306 came out, so they do show up from time to time.  We didn't have a 508 shirt planned for this one but should.  Funny enough my skate crew growing up out here in Long Beach, CA was the 508 Crew (Rob G, Danny Montoya, me, Steve Saiz, Lowery, Pulsifer, TimTim and others).  Ours was the penal code for skating at the mall by us...skating tickets were a code 508...

that's pretty sweet. all the way around, the 508 crew sounds dope!

508 westgate/numeric shirts would move like crazy, especially if they were mostly set up for local sales. We're all sickly proud of those 3 numbers ha ha ha thanks for the reply, homie!
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #2960 on: March 01, 2021, 03:39:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It's nearly impossible to get a pure white suede. The ones that do exist are stupid expensive, so you rarely find it on anything other than luxury brand sneakers. Thats why you see it from skate brands with the color shift...
Get litty.....

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2961 on: March 01, 2021, 03:48:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's nearly impossible to get a pure white suede. The ones that do exist are stupid expensive, so you rarely find it on anything other than luxury brand sneakers. Thats why you see it from skate brands with the color shift...

Oh I don’t want the pure white suede, I like that off white color.   It’s the bright bright white (canvas part?) I’m not the wildest about esp right next to the suede white.  But like I said it was a nitpick.   

This shoe looks like it’s set up real nice for some good color ways.  A wheat/gum sole like those Foy Deathwish ones would be rad. 

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 08:53:20 AM by Reed Richards »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2964 on: March 02, 2021, 07:05:01 PM »
Maybe it’s been already posted but I’m not familiar with the 1010 colorway Tiago is wearing in this clip. Looks pretty good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL7sg2AsHcM/?igshid=13o5ydko2t4lr

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2965 on: March 02, 2021, 07:19:13 PM »
Looks like a white suede pair?

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2966 on: March 02, 2021, 09:08:44 PM »

Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. Kind of looks like it’s a slightly cream colored suede possibly or it’s just dirty. Best looking 1010s in my opinion so far. Still not sure I could pull them off though

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2967 on: March 02, 2021, 09:18:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. Kind of looks like it’s a slightly cream colored suede possibly or it’s just dirty. Best looking 1010s in my opinion so far. Still not sure I could pull them off though

Just got sent a photo of them. They have a Suede toe cap, mesh underlays, leather overlays. Black “N” new balance logo.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2968 on: March 02, 2021, 09:18:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m curious what the N color is.  If it’s the same colorway as that 440hi, I’m going to be in hog heaven

Just saw it’s black.  Tate post the pic

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2969 on: March 02, 2021, 09:57:13 PM »
Just asked to see if I can post the in-hand pic. Waiting for a reply. ;D