Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765707 times)

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3210 on: April 25, 2021, 07:15:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

New 868 colorway that Roth mentioned, I hope.  ::)
[close]
what is this from, i can barely see the shoes.
[close]

Pulled it from Trahans story. Went back and fixed it, you should be able to click and see the full photo now.

Those look like the old 868's to me but I don't recognize the colorway
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Lloyd Braun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #3211 on: April 25, 2021, 08:14:50 PM »
That was my first thought. But the only colorway I can recall that was close is this one, believe it was one of the first few drops and it had gum soles. Thought he may have just painted them at first. But The ones in Trahans story have black soles. DMd him, we’ll see if he hits me back.

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skate-shoes-c1/mens-skate-shoes-c2/new-balance-numeric-868-skate-shoes-majestic-black-p29118

Or maybe Roth can confirm/deny?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3212 on: April 25, 2021, 08:19:46 PM »
That was my first thought. But the only colorway I can recall that was close is this one, believe it was one of the first few drops and it had gum soles. Thought he may have just painted them at first. But The ones in Trahans story have black soles. DMd him, we’ll see if he hits me back.

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skate-shoes-c1/mens-skate-shoes-c2/new-balance-numeric-868-skate-shoes-majestic-black-p29118

Or maybe Roth can confirm/deny?

jordans shoes had something like a purple liner and accent on the heel? or maybe my eyes are just fucked.

anyways, looks pretty good. haven't seen this color and i used to look for that model or what was left of it and probably saw most colorways. hopefully this is one of the reissues roth said could be coming occasionally.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #3213 on: April 25, 2021, 10:28:27 PM »
Got confirmation. New 868 colorway out in a few months.   8)

Onevia

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3214 on: April 26, 2021, 08:52:58 AM »
Ordered a pair of black/ gum 440 High's last week after seeing Numeric claim they are tts. I'm glad I did, because they were indeed tts.

Compared to SB Dunk High Pro's the 440hi's feel broken in right away. Likely, because they aren't as thick, stiff and narrow as the Nike's. Definitely not as supportive in the upper, but that can be a Pro/ Con based on personal preference. No noticeable QC issues on my pair and the extremely thin insoles are the only real con of this shoe. I'll likely keep on buying these until Nike can sell shoes without the extra steps involved.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3216 on: April 26, 2021, 09:58:53 AM »

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #3217 on: April 26, 2021, 10:01:34 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/COIpWRtHCDk/?igshid=1skh2ttipz669

A little bit of dorky energy but that was a good ad. I'd like to try them out if I can find a shop that has them nearby. No matter what size I try the vans slip on never fits quite right. I've only had luck with the Dylan slips.

Anyone have word on if these are a narrow shoe or wider?

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #3218 on: April 26, 2021, 06:24:06 PM »

Yo that's your shoe! Don't you have a bunch stocked up? Maybe this is sign of a return to the line... I am definitely gonna try them since I've never had a pair.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3219 on: April 26, 2021, 11:51:01 PM »
https://fasttimes.com.au/new-balance-numeric-508-v1-burgundy-gum.html

new 508 colorway hit the aussie market.

I think a white toe panel top would have been a nice touch.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #3220 on: April 27, 2021, 01:44:46 AM »

I missed out on the 868 when they were in production and recently copped a pair that I'm really loving for their durability and how they skate + the soles haven't worn from when I've been dragging my foot when I've been filming either. Be keen to skate more of 'em if I can!
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #3221 on: April 28, 2021, 08:57:48 AM »
After waking up and checking the NB site every morning for the last 4 months, The 440 high white green was finally added to the Canadian website. I copped the 2nd last pair and I’m just over the moon.

Been waiting for this shoe since Jack Curtains insta post months ago

So stoked!

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #3222 on: April 28, 2021, 10:06:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I missed out on the 868 when they were in production and recently copped a pair that I'm really loving for their durability and how they skate + the soles haven't worn from when I've been dragging my foot when I've been filming either. Be keen to skate more of 'em if I can!

They are my favorite personally. Aside from one pair of 1010's just recently, its the only shoe I've skated in the past 3 years. They check all the boxes for me, a pair will last me 3 month or more. They never get floppy, just a real solid well built shoe. Im stoked they are going to be doing little releases from time to time. I have around 10 pairs atm, I'll probably cop 2 or 3 of the new color way when they drop. Slept on the Surreys and kinda kicking myself.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #3223 on: April 29, 2021, 06:20:02 AM »
Any NB insiders can confirm if these are synth or leather?  The black ones look like genuine suede but these white ones look more synth-y, and I know other 425s have been synth.  https://www.newbalance.com/pd/all-coasts-425/AM425V1-33463.html#dwvar_AM425V1-33463_style=AM425WWW&dwvar_AM425V1-33463_width=D&pid=AM425V1-33463&quantity=1

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #3224 on: April 29, 2021, 01:01:39 PM »

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #3225 on: April 29, 2021, 02:08:15 PM »
Any NB insiders can confirm if these are synth or leather?  The black ones look like genuine suede but these white ones look more synth-y, and I know other 425s have been synth.  https://www.newbalance.com/pd/all-coasts-425/AM425V1-33463.html#dwvar_AM425V1-33463_style=AM425WWW&dwvar_AM425V1-33463_width=D&pid=AM425V1-33463&quantity=1

White ones are synthetic.
Get litty.....

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3226 on: April 29, 2021, 03:48:01 PM »
https://www.xtremeinn.com/extreme_sports/new-balance-440v1-tom-knox-pro/137929265/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=12304701&country=us

found these online but couldn’t find them on any other site, new color coming soon?

These guys always seem to have shoes in stock before anyone else and for lower prices than anywhere else. Smells like a scam to me..

Anyone ever order from them successfully?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #3227 on: April 29, 2021, 05:02:17 PM »

These guys always seem to have shoes in stock before anyone else and for lower prices than anywhere else. Smells like a scam to me..

“Chukka shoe” in bold sounds sketchy, but I doubt they fabricated the colorway which seems rad

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3228 on: April 29, 2021, 06:56:44 PM »

Pretty sure the hustle with this is they post everything in the catalog that gets sent to them and then try to order it from the distributor after the customer places an order. This kinda shit was really popular back in the day if you ever tried to buy electronics gear from one of those NYC outfits that advertised in the back of Audio and Video magazines.

If you're ever unsure about a shop, just do a web search with the store name and the word scam. You'll find out very quickly if they are legit or not.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3230 on: April 30, 2021, 07:17:35 AM »

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3231 on: April 30, 2021, 08:56:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Pretty sure the hustle with this is they post everything in the catalog that gets sent to them and then try to order it from the distributor after the customer places an order. This kinda shit was really popular back in the day if you ever tried to buy electronics gear from one of those NYC outfits that advertised in the back of Audio and Video magazines.

If you're ever unsure about a shop, just do a web search with the store name and the word scam. You'll find out very quickly if they are legit or not.

Ah that makes sense. That's usually my protocol and haven't seen anything positive on their reviews online. Was hoping for a Pals experience

I bet they have a lot of orders go un-shipped. Im just gonna stick with buying direct or preferably from a shop

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3232 on: April 30, 2021, 09:48:12 AM »
am i going to hate my life going from Foy 306s to Es Accells ?  feels like i can hardly even feel the pedals in my car driving in these things...
ONTARIO CANADA

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #3233 on: April 30, 2021, 01:27:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ah that makes sense. That's usually my protocol and haven't seen anything positive on their reviews online. Was hoping for a Pals experience

I bet they have a lot of orders go un-shipped. Im just gonna stick with buying direct or preferably from a shop

I've ordered from that site before for soccer/snow products, and it's legit. They own a bunch of different websites that are like "snowinn" "whateverinn" etc.

I think they are in spain, but surprisingly good about time/cost shipping to the US. I think it was only like 7-10 days.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

ballintoohard

« Reply #3235 on: May 01, 2021, 01:09:33 PM »
Anyone else find the 440 high wear super fast? They might be the fastest wearing modern shoes I’ve hand but I like everything else about them.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #3236 on: May 01, 2021, 01:43:25 PM »
am i going to hate my life going from Foy 306s to Es Accells ?  feels like i can hardly even feel the pedals in my car driving in these things...

I returned mine immediately.  Couldn’t believe how huge and stiff they were compared to my fond memories

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3237 on: May 02, 2021, 08:48:57 PM »
Grey suede 1010’s?  :D

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #3238 on: May 02, 2021, 09:35:49 PM »
Grey suede 1010’s?  :D

oh wow, these are real good lookin

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #3239 on: May 03, 2021, 11:21:37 AM »
@rothdigga what happened with pj and NB?