Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 780744 times)

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3600 on: September 15, 2021, 08:11:53 AM »

I wanna know how these bad boys fit, hopefully this week I can get into vu and try a pair

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #3601 on: September 15, 2021, 08:13:21 AM »
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3602 on: September 15, 2021, 09:18:57 AM »
I’m bummed Tiagos don’t fit my foot. Tts I get some heel lift, but if I sized down I’d crunch my toes : /
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3603 on: September 15, 2021, 10:34:15 AM »
@roth how do the 272 skate vs a 440?

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #3604 on: September 15, 2021, 10:51:49 AM »
Can’t wait, favorite shoe right now

Agreed.  I went from the Wheat/Black 1010s to the Etnites Marana and I'm just not feeling the Etnies.  I've been breaking in a pair of the White/Gum leather 1010s while I skate the Maranas and I'm just about to throw the towel in on the Maranas.  The 1010s are just too damned comfortable!  I quite like that white/black colourway too so they'll probably end up on ice while I skate the white leather pair.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #3605 on: September 15, 2021, 10:53:42 AM »
I’m bummed Tiagos don’t fit my foot. Tts I get some heel lift, but if I sized down I’d crunch my toes : /

Yea man I wear 10.5 and always go tts in the tiagos and never has the problem, but everyone has a different foot I suppose
You want some queso?”

rothdigga

• Rep: 571
« Reply #3606 on: September 15, 2021, 01:04:57 PM »
@roth how do the 272 skate vs a 440?

Since one is cup (440) and one is vulc (272) it's kind of a difficult comparison but I would say the length should be similar overall.  I've been stuck skating the 440-hi for so long that I'm still not ready to change. 

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
« Reply #3607 on: September 15, 2021, 01:38:32 PM »
@rothdigga any insight on why NB abandoned the synthetic suede toe patch for the newest 213s?  Seems like such a missed opportunity when 95% of the shoe is already animal-friendly, and it seemed like the Samarria sig version sold well.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #3608 on: September 15, 2021, 04:00:12 PM »
Tried on the 272’s. A little more narrow that’s the 379’s, and if I were to buy, I would get a half size smaller than normal. 379 I wear a 10.5. 272’s I would get a 10.

A friend or mine had to get a half size down in the 272 from his normal size he gets in NB#.

Just wanted to throw that info out there for anyone interested in that shoe

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #3609 on: September 15, 2021, 05:08:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea man I wear 10.5 and always go tts in the tiagos and never has the problem, but everyone has a different foot I suppose

I've tried on every color that's come out. They're a bit too tight in my size and still have pretty bad heel lift. Most people I see skating them, including Tiago, crank the shit out of the laces. Guess it's necessary. 

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3610 on: September 16, 2021, 11:50:45 AM »
Be cool if some kind of mid version of the Tiago came out in some 90s hiking colors, so I wouldn’t have to worry about the heel lift cough @rothdigga cough

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #3611 on: September 16, 2021, 12:41:16 PM »
My god I want to try those 272's.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #3612 on: September 16, 2021, 01:39:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I've tried on every color that's come out. They're a bit too tight in my size and still have pretty bad heel lift. Most people I see skating them, including Tiago, crank the shit out of the laces. Guess it's necessary.

Damn….I mean I don’t think I crank down on my shit?

You want some queso?”

rothdigga

« Reply #3613 on: September 16, 2021, 02:00:19 PM »
Be cool if some kind of mid version of the Tiago came out in some 90s hiking colors, so I wouldn’t have to worry about the heel lift cough @rothdigga cough

Noted...will push this to priority#1 for those dudes  ;).  For reals, I'll let them know.  Mid 1010's would look super tight!

rothdigga

« Reply #3614 on: September 16, 2021, 02:02:24 PM »
@rothdigga any insight on why NB abandoned the synthetic suede toe patch for the newest 213s?  Seems like such a missed opportunity when 95% of the shoe is already animal-friendly, and it seemed like the Samarria sig version sold well.

I'll have to ask why the synthetic isn't used over the suede.  Could be a cost issue...not 100% sure.  I do know that we're trying to expand our fully synthetic/vegan selection to more models than just the 420's.  Possibly 272 or something like that and if that's the case, I'll make sure I buy stock so that the people out there looking for vegan options will have a reliable shoe to go to. 

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3615 on: September 17, 2021, 01:36:53 AM »
@rothdigga, when is there going to be a new numeric drop in South Africa? Its been a while.. And do you know what shoes are coming?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3616 on: September 17, 2021, 05:49:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'll have to ask why the synthetic isn't used over the suede.  Could be a cost issue...not 100% sure.  I do know that we're trying to expand our fully synthetic/vegan selection to more models than just the 420's.  Possibly 272 or something like that and if that's the case, I'll make sure I buy stock so that the people out there looking for vegan options will have a reliable shoe to go to. 
you’re doing gods work @rothdigga !
(Push for more cupsole models though)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #3617 on: September 17, 2021, 06:42:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Noted...will push this to priority#1 for those dudes  ;).  For reals, I'll let them know.  Mid 1010's would look super tight!

I have that same heel lift problem with my Tiagos, and I would echo that. I don't expect it to actually happen because a lot of people seem to love that shoe as-is, but even just one extra eyelet worth of coverage at the top would make a big difference.

The mid-top with the hiking inspiration is a good call - kind of like what they've done with some of the lifestyle models. Just add an extra eyelet and a couple of small details:

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #3618 on: September 17, 2021, 07:20:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I have that same heel lift problem with my Tiagos, and I would echo that. I don't expect it to actually happen because a lot of people seem to love that shoe as-is, but even just one extra eyelet worth of coverage at the top would make a big difference.

The mid-top with the hiking inspiration is a good call - kind of like what they've done with some of the lifestyle models. Just add an extra eyelet and a couple of small details:

Damn at first I was kinda like a high top 1010…. Nah, but after seeing these, I could see it, that top pair is pretty dope. Need to get a pair of hiking shoes actually, my girl has recently taking up nature trails and skate shoes aren’t the most supportive
You want some queso?”

6000 sux

• Rep: 16
« Reply #3619 on: September 17, 2021, 01:12:23 PM »
the 990v4 boots are cool too

and i get bad heel lift in the 1010s as well, it's a great shoe but i hate to have to crank down the laces on those, i'd love a mid

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #3620 on: September 18, 2021, 07:15:54 AM »
NB and the Tiago are great shoes, but yes I'll add I do get heel slip on the Tiagos. For me, 75% of shoes do that for me so it's not a huge deal and they skated great. I felt like the shoe is just so soft and comfortable it doesn't hold your foot as tight as a more uncomfortable shoe would leading to heel slippage.

daditude adjustment

• Rep: 21
« Reply #3621 on: September 18, 2021, 05:46:37 PM »
I would love a skate-able NB1500

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #3622 on: September 18, 2021, 09:24:01 PM »
1010s to me have the least heelslip of any shoe ever, thanks to the added pads around the achilles.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Rep: 39
« Reply #3623 on: September 20, 2021, 12:28:00 PM »
1010s to me have the least heelslip of any shoe ever, thanks to the added pads around the achilles.

I have to say that I did just get a pair in 9 that is not my normal size (8 in CTAS, 8.5 in most vans and GT Blazers) and they seem to not have any heel slip so far

I am absolutely in love with these. It was like the slap edition 440s all over again. Made me realize how badly I am fucking up only going with flimsy vulcs (a la CTAS and most vans)
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #3624 on: September 20, 2021, 01:07:53 PM »

That’s what I’m saying, I haven’t had this problem at all

These lil red dudes keep my heel locked in, secure ass fit
You want some queso?”

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #3625 on: September 20, 2021, 04:48:29 PM »
Hey NB fam, which # would have the best lasting sole? I go through that the quickest usually of most shoes except the Twsawn where the side blows out fast. I skated the old PJ Ladd pro model and they were not bad. Thinking of trying something new
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #3626 on: September 20, 2021, 04:57:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You and Tony Ferguson are the first people I’ve seen rock them normal without cranking the laces. Must be your foot shape/heel shape.

Those things get great reviews tho. Tough as nails.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #3627 on: September 20, 2021, 05:56:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You and Tony Ferguson are the first people I’ve seen rock them normal without cranking the laces. Must be your foot shape/heel shape.

Those things get great reviews tho. Tough as nails.

Damn I’m in good company
You want some queso?”

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #3628 on: September 20, 2021, 07:57:57 PM »
Hey NB fam, which # would have the best lasting sole? I go through that the quickest usually of most shoes except the Twsawn where the side blows out fast. I skated the old PJ Ladd pro model and they were not bad. Thinking of trying something new
tiago 1010 has the most durable sole ive skated in a long time.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3629 on: September 20, 2021, 09:29:59 PM »
@rothdigga

I'll take either 2 pairs of these as credit, or a job a new balance.

thanks.