Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 776967 times)

burm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3690 on: October 18, 2021, 11:07:30 PM »

Those look nice, good idea. Been wanting to try 440s since 1010s where the most friendly to my back but a bit 'too much' otherwise.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

BlancoBartoATL

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3691 on: October 19, 2021, 07:16:24 PM »
Quote from: burm link=topic=89457.msg3661960#msg3661960 :-[ date=1634623650
Expand Quote

[close]
Those look nice, good idea. Been wanting to try 440s since 1010s where the most friendly to my back but a bit 'too much' otherwise.
Yhese are super sick but anyone who rides in this shoe knows that the the suede ones skate entirely better and are considerably more comfortable and if they would make for example navy suede w/gray mesh with white sole it would shine a even brighter light around a already incredibly well done and highly functional mid top skate shoe. My example color way is 100% based on already legendary classic OG running shoes that to this day sell out when they bring back a in OG color ways and I personally view this shoe as iconic as the 998 and 995’s.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3692 on: October 19, 2021, 08:59:24 PM »
Love the way 440's skate, but somehow they are the least durable shoe I've skated. It doesn't seem others have this problem as much as I do.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #3693 on: October 19, 2021, 10:40:45 PM »
The 440 Hi is my favorite skate shoe ever, I just got my 5th pair. I love the way the leather ones look but it’s true that the suede version is two or three times as durable. This fact won’t stop me from getting the above posted colorway. I wish the lows fit me as well, because those black ones are beautiful.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3694 on: October 20, 2021, 09:52:31 AM »
i like the way the leather skates over the suede. trying to get those white highs
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #3695 on: October 20, 2021, 11:58:26 AM »
Love it how the 440 high white is basically the same colour as the last white version. I'll probably snag a pair of these as I love the leather to skate in

skateviewer

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3696 on: October 20, 2021, 02:26:14 PM »

already skated a pair of the tom knox black lows but looking forward to the real deal :)

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #3697 on: October 20, 2021, 02:48:27 PM »
Loving the new 272's in white perforated leather. Can see why so many ppl r on the NB wave and makin the switch...

Anyone tried the new Westgate 508?

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #3698 on: October 20, 2021, 03:45:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

already skated a pair of the tom knox black lows but looking forward to the real deal :)

Ah the "Half-Knox"

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #3699 on: October 21, 2021, 02:44:41 AM »
Ended up getting some 1010 half price. Can't try in shop atm in Melbourne, retail is closed.

I'm 11 in most, nike sb 10.5 if you want to be really picky. But got 11, they fit great. 10.5 would also be picky just to bring the length down.
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

hmmmokay

« Reply #3700 on: October 21, 2021, 05:31:43 PM »
Not sure if they have been discussed extensively but I picked up a pair of 272's today and I have never had a shoe feel so good on a board right out of the box. I cannot comment on durability obviously but the first session was excellent. Will definitely be grabbing another pair in the future. Not one complaint.

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #3701 on: October 22, 2021, 09:24:47 PM »
From Tiago's insta

When are these dropping?

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #3702 on: October 22, 2021, 11:39:41 PM »
Expand Quote
From Tiago's insta

[close]

When are these dropping?

They were suppose to drop this month, but everything is late getting out of the shipping containers. They should be out sometime in the next month

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #3703 on: October 23, 2021, 06:53:42 AM »
So the 913s I picked up. They are comfy but a bit on the slimmer side, really good shoe, great grip and support, waiting on that new Tiago colorway to drop
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #3704 on: October 24, 2021, 05:50:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
From Tiago's insta

[close]

When are these dropping?
[close]

They were suppose to drop this month, but everything is late getting out of the shipping containers. They should be out sometime in the next month

Word thanks for that, love this colorway

WideFeet

« Reply #3705 on: October 24, 2021, 07:42:05 PM »
@rothdigga on the Nine Club tomorrow!

con_hielo

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #3706 on: October 25, 2021, 03:13:30 PM »
Anyone know if the fit is different from 440 HI to 440 Low? Thanks

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #3707 on: October 25, 2021, 04:59:27 PM »

I wear a 9 in both and they both feel fine!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

con_hielo

« Reply #3708 on: October 27, 2021, 11:46:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thx, is there less heel movement in the Hi?

Rem377

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3709 on: October 27, 2021, 07:12:25 PM »
Has the 379 low been discontinued? It looks like only the mid version is available now... If so, it looks like the 272 is the closest replacement in terms of silhouette, board feel, etc.

Does anyone know if the 272 has the same sizing as the 379 lows? For reference I wear my true size in 255, 379, and 379 mid, but have to size down in 212 and 508.

WideFeet

« Reply #3710 on: October 28, 2021, 01:09:13 AM »
Has the 379 low been discontinued? It looks like only the mid version is available now... If so, it looks like the 272 is the closest replacement in terms of silhouette, board feel, etc.

Does anyone know if the 272 has the same sizing as the 379 lows? For reference I wear my true size in 255, 379, and 379 mid, but have to size down in 212 and 508.

The 272’s are replacing the 379’s. I love the 379’s, so it’s bummer. I had to get a half size down in the 272’s

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #3711 on: October 28, 2021, 05:41:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Honestly I think the lows felt more snug than the highs with less movement. Didn't notice significant heel movement in either shoe, though.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3712 on: October 30, 2021, 07:30:51 PM »
Not sure if they have been discussed extensively but I picked up a pair of 272's today and I have never had a shoe feel so good on a board right out of the box. I cannot comment on durability obviously but the first session was excellent. Will definitely be grabbing another pair in the future. Not one complaint.

I'm eyeing these next or the Foy (coming off 255s). Not sure which to go with. Didal colorway if pretty fire tho, especially for fall. Which colorway did you pick up?

Edit: screw it, I picked up a a pair of the 272s (didals) as it looked like my size was getting scarce and of course if I slept, when I finally decided they've be gone.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 08:40:36 PM by Xen »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3713 on: November 02, 2021, 01:54:21 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

hmmmokay

« Reply #3714 on: November 02, 2021, 06:22:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm eyeing these next or the Foy (coming off 255s). Not sure which to go with. Didal colorway if pretty fire tho, especially for fall. Which colorway did you pick up?

Edit: screw it, I picked up a a pair of the 272s (didals) as it looked like my size was getting scarce and of course if I slept, when I finally decided they've be gone.

I picked up the orange / blue ones. It was either those or the black / black / teal ones and I'm not a huge fan of black foxing tape/soles. I just don't think I rock it well haha. The colorway tate just posted looks great though, I saw them last week and am considering copping just to have ready once these ones go.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3715 on: November 02, 2021, 12:59:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I picked up the orange / blue ones. It was either those or the black / black / teal ones and I'm not a huge fan of black foxing tape/soles. I just don't think I rock it well haha. The colorway tate just posted looks great though, I saw them last week and am considering copping just to have ready once these ones go.

Good choice, the black/black I couldn't do (but almost did); the didal colorway is def more my style as I can deal with black foxing as long as the uppers/vamps/toe have a different color going on; I was able to find them at the same price as the regular colorways so win/win.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3716 on: November 03, 2021, 02:03:36 AM »
White leather
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3717 on: November 03, 2021, 07:13:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Honestly I think the lows felt more snug than the highs with less movement. Didn't notice significant heel movement in either shoe, though.

I noticed the same and swear the high are more flexible all around, maybe even in the sole. My lows also lasted longer

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #3718 on: November 03, 2021, 11:21:02 AM »
Hey pals, I never ever wore some New Balance in my life before. What is the consensus on the sizing?

Most Lakai's in 7.5 fit me. Adidas, Emerica, Etnies and Vans in 7.5 are a bit too big. Never wore Nike either and don't want to, to be honest.

Which shoe should I try? Cupsole or Vulc would both be nice but I need some ankle padding.

Thanks in advance.
IG: @flowterspace

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #3719 on: November 03, 2021, 12:22:29 PM »
Hey pals, I never ever wore some New Balance in my life before. What is the consensus on the sizing?

Most Lakai's in 7.5 fit me. Adidas, Emerica, Etnies and Vans in 7.5 are a bit too big. Never wore Nike either and don't want to, to be honest.

Which shoe should I try? Cupsole or Vulc would both be nice but I need some ankle padding.

Thanks in advance.

I’d go with a TTS 440 high, new balance’s cupsoles really are the shining light of the brand for me, everyone can make a good vulc, it’s tough to make a good cupsole, and they have several. Welcome to the fold
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog