Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 786261 times)

toe_knee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3630 on: September 21, 2021, 07:56:06 AM »
@rothdigga

I'll take either 2 pairs of these as credit, or a job a new balance.

thanks.

Yooooo wtf!!! Nice one man, these look fucking sick, someone should leak this photo so they have to make them lmaooooo
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3631 on: September 21, 2021, 09:11:13 AM »
@rothdigga

thanks.

We're hiring a design intern...you should check the site!  Amazing work. 

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #3632 on: September 21, 2021, 11:52:01 AM »
@rothdigga

thanks.

Would buy instantly at full cost and I never buy shoes full cost. Also just throwing it out there that 90’s hiking gear colorways and styles are def about to have a renaissance and I would love to see NB# get on the trend early. Need some 440 hi’s in brown with black sole and purple/orange details.

rothdigga

« Reply #3633 on: September 21, 2021, 12:23:12 PM »
Expand Quote
@rothdigga

thanks.
[close]

Would buy instantly at full cost and I never buy shoes full cost. Also just throwing it out there that 90’s hiking gear colorways and styles are def about to have a renaissance and I would love to see NB# get on the trend early. Need some 440 hi’s in brown with black sole and purple/orange details.

Sometimes it feels like you guys are in our design meetings.  Can you tell me where the little camera/mic is that you have planted so we can speak directly into the camera next time? 

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #3634 on: September 21, 2021, 01:03:24 PM »
Expand Quote
@rothdigga

thanks.
[close]

It's a combo that works:

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #3635 on: September 21, 2021, 01:06:31 PM »
@rothdigga

thanks.
I will take twenty pairs of these right now and wear them to the grave
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #3636 on: September 21, 2021, 02:22:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga

thanks.
[close]

[close]

It's a combo that works:

lol yeah, that "little camera/mic" in the NB design meetings is actually just a Nike shoe that was released 6 weeks ago

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -68
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3637 on: September 21, 2021, 02:45:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga

thanks.
[close]

[close]

It's a combo that works:

[close]
lol yeah, that "little camera/mic" in the NB design meetings is actually just a Nike shoe that was released 6 weeks ago

a blazer is an entirely different shoe, hes probably referring to the general hiking influence on the whole line going forward, not that specific colorway which has been done many many times before that acg blazer. but don't listen to me I just work there now.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #3638 on: September 21, 2021, 03:13:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga

thanks.
[close]

[close]

It's a combo that works:

[close]
[close]

a blazer is an entirely different shoe, hes probably referring to the general hiking influence on the whole line going forward, not that specific colorway which has been done many many times before that acg blazer. but don't listen to me I just work there now.

Lol exactly. Hell NB# even already has a 574 inspired by that look - I just want a mid/high. Tried to upload an image but can’t from my phone, it’s a tan/black/turquoise/purple colorway.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #3639 on: September 22, 2021, 06:15:38 PM »
We need another drop of the wheat Tiago's this fall/winter

I finally found a pair online the other night and had them shits in the cart, but it was like 11:45pm and I told myself to sit the fuck down and go to sleep, I don't need another pair of shoes.

3 days later I wish I copped them shits and of course I'm not finding a pair anytime soon

SugarSweetSemen

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3640 on: September 22, 2021, 06:38:49 PM »
Tried on the 272’s. A little more narrow that’s the 379’s, and if I were to buy, I would get a half size smaller than normal. 379 I wear a 10.5. 272’s I would get a 10.

A friend or mine had to get a half size down in the 272 from his normal size he gets in NB#.

Just wanted to throw that info out there for anyone interested in that shoe
Can confirm they run big. I'm a 11, had to get a 10.5. There was ample room in the size 11. Skating the 306s now in 11 and they fit snug. Not sure if all the 272 run a size big, but I would size down if you're gunna cop.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3641 on: September 28, 2021, 01:05:19 PM »

What shoes is Tiago skating here??

cool_hand

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3642 on: September 28, 2021, 02:48:03 PM »
@rothdigga

thanks.

Very good! Maybe this would also solve the heel slip problem.

I really liked the Tiago 1010 but the heel slip is inevitable.

I was aware of this before I bought the shoes because I had read this thread, so I sized down 0.5 and the fit was perfect but still massive heel slip. Doing the heel slip lacing technique helped a bit but still had to tie them so hard they become uncomfortable.

Ordered a new pair in 1 full size down but unfortunately it was too small. Im gonna try to soak it and press it out over the night in hot water or something. Might work.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #3643 on: September 28, 2021, 02:53:16 PM »

What shoes is Tiago skating here??

We can’t see that shit
You want some queso?”

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #3644 on: September 28, 2021, 03:31:37 PM »
tiago is set to private and won't accept my request because there is no evidence of skating on my instagram and i'm missing out on fakie hardflips and shit i'm pissed

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3645 on: September 28, 2021, 05:04:37 PM »
Can't see the insta post but are you talking about these? That's the nb480. Not a numeric model but looks skateable

If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3646 on: September 28, 2021, 05:20:28 PM »
Can't see the insta post but are you talking about these? That's the nb480. Not a numeric model but looks skateable

Yes that's the one. Good looks. couldn't find it when i searched on the NB website. Looks great though. Give. us a numeric version with a good insole and. passed tongue and heel collar and those are gold. Tiago looks sick in them.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #3647 on: September 28, 2021, 05:30:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes that's the one. Good looks. couldn't find it when i searched on the NB website. Looks great though. Give. us a numeric version with a good insole and. passed tongue and heel collar and those are gold. Tiago looks sick in them.

That’s just an Air Force 1 with a NB logo.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3648 on: September 28, 2021, 06:15:14 PM »
I’m bummed Tiagos don’t fit my foot. Tts I get some heel lift, but if I sized down I’d crunch my toes : /

Same bro. Of all the shoes out this one bums me out the most. Love the look and arch/heel hugging feel. but they just don't fit.

NB Vulcs (round toe) 10.5 (half size up from my US10 foot) fit me perfectly...

NB  cups (square toe) 9.5 = too small, 10 = too big (westgates and Tiagos); major heel lift and toes swimming in what would normally be my size.

WTactualFk is going on with that? How can a brand have sizing that off between model types?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 06:22:43 PM by Xen »

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #3649 on: September 28, 2021, 08:46:44 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m bummed Tiagos don’t fit my foot. Tts I get some heel lift, but if I sized down I’d crunch my toes : /
[close]

Same bro. Of all the shoes out this one bums me out the most. Love the look and arch/heel hugging feel. but they just don't fit.

NB Vulcs (round toe) 10.5 (half size up from my US10 foot) fit me perfectly...

NB  cups (square toe) 9.5 = too small, 10 = too big (westgates and Tiagos); major heel lift and toes swimming in what would normally be my size.

WTactualFk is going on with that? How can a brand have sizing that off between model types?
I’m a comfortable size 9 in NB#, Vans, Soletech, Nike, Adidas and even Last Resort so when I read the reports on here of people sizing up and down 2 thoughts come to mind
1) People’s feet are different
2) People have different ideas of how a shoe should fit

Shrug emoji?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #3650 on: September 28, 2021, 10:15:27 PM »
tiago is set to private and won't accept my request because there is no evidence of skating on my instagram and i'm missing out on fakie hardflips and shit i'm pissed

This guy gets it
You want some queso?”

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #3651 on: September 29, 2021, 05:31:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That’s just an Air Force 1 with a NB logo.

If you go into non skate shoes thread Watson was skating them a few months back
And seemed to say good things about those shoes.

BlancoBartoATL

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3652 on: September 29, 2021, 01:13:44 PM »
More like a DUNK with a NB logo based on the fact it’s a lot less bulky than a Air Force 1.

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3653 on: September 29, 2021, 01:43:13 PM »
Does anyone know what material the toe box is on the white 272s that came out recently? Having a hard time figuring it out from the pictures online.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #3654 on: September 29, 2021, 01:56:33 PM »
Does anyone know what material the toe box is on the white 272s that came out recently? Having a hard time figuring it out from the pictures online.

It looks like leather to me

rothdigga

« Reply #3655 on: September 29, 2021, 02:28:11 PM »

It's a coated suede.  Has a smooth leather look but then wears like suede once you skate it.  Same material we use on the Knox special drops if you're familiar with those. 

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3656 on: October 01, 2021, 01:17:45 PM »
From Tiago's insta

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #3657 on: October 01, 2021, 03:56:03 PM »
You want some queso?”

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #3658 on: October 02, 2021, 11:34:43 AM »
Tried on the 272’s. A little more narrow that’s the 379’s, and if I were to buy, I would get a half size smaller than normal. 379 I wear a 10.5. 272’s I would get a 10.

A friend or mine had to get a half size down in the 272 from his normal size he gets in NB#.

Just wanted to throw that info out there for anyone interested in that shoe

Im not understanding your reasoning here. if u get a smaller size they will be even narrower

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #3659 on: October 03, 2021, 04:11:19 PM »
I found an excellent deal on an old pair of 254's from back when NB was still calling them the 'Quincy'. They were new with the original box but I don't know what year they were released, I think they are at least four years old. Anybody got any ideas when these dropped? I went a half size up and they fit perfect, the old orange foam insoles feel really good and I love the look of the upper on these shoes. They look sick with khaki pants and the I'm feelin the slight color pop of the maroon/aubergine color of the trim and the laces. They were only $25 bucks with cheap shipping so these are probably the best deal I've ever got on a new-with-box pair of skate shoes. I love eBay

I've just seen some in "estate blue" in a blog from 2014. Time for bed.