Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765647 times)

SaySo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #4140 on: May 04, 2022, 12:18:43 AM »
Black/Red colorway

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccnl-GUMPP1/?igshid=NDA1YzNhOGU=
Nice, at last, a decent colorway for Tiago's model.*

*The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of the SLAP Forum or its members.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4141 on: May 09, 2022, 06:31:36 AM »
does anyone know if we will be getting these in canada? Im assuming these are new because we still haven't got the Olive / Camo / Orange colourway here either as far as I can tell.

ONTARIO CANADA

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #4142 on: May 09, 2022, 07:03:20 AM »
About a month in some 1010 tts and I'm firmly in the heel slip camp.  They're the perfect shoe but just not for me. Such a bummer.  I'll try some half size down at some point because like I said, perfect shoe, but i haven't been much for jamming my feet into 11.5s for a few years now.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #4143 on: May 09, 2022, 07:11:29 AM »
About a month in some 1010 tts and I'm firmly in the heel slip camp.  They're the perfect shoe but just not for me. Such a bummer.  I'll try some half size down at some point because like I said, perfect shoe, but i haven't been much for jamming my feet into 11.5s for a few years now.

I’m in a similar way, I’ve also got the heel slip. Heel lock lacing helps. I went a .5 size down, and although I skated the shoe for awhile, for me, it was too tight.
In every other way the shoe was the most comfortable. I’ll get another pair eventually, from my experience I’ll go tts and just deal with the slip. Narrow heels, my only weakness*. Nike always fits me for this reason, but those dudes are whatever.

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 17
« Reply #4144 on: May 09, 2022, 07:31:59 AM »
Does anyone here know if we can ever expect to see another run of the 913s, the original Brandon Westgate shoe? It is my favorite skate shoe I've used before, and I have two pairs on ice. Just wondering if I should be making a more concerted effort to obtain any other stray pairs I can find before they're gone forever.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #4145 on: May 09, 2022, 08:02:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m in a similar way, I’ve also got the heel slip. Heel lock lacing helps. I went a .5 size down, and although I skated the shoe for awhile, for me, it was too tight.
In every other way the shoe was the most comfortable. I’ll get another pair eventually, from my experience I’ll go tts and just deal with the slip. Narrow heels, my only weakness*. Nike always fits me for this reason, but those dudes are whatever.
1010 heel slip went away for me as they broke in more
also bought a pair half size down based on a bunch of people saying they run big and they're way too small, i'd say don't bother trying .5 down

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #4146 on: May 09, 2022, 11:03:43 AM »
My tiagos fit absolutely perfect, are well broken in and sadly there is still a good amount of heel slip when pushing. I feel like heel pods just don't work for some people. Can't go down a size or even crank the laces down because then it would be too tight. A shame because otherwise these are literally the perfect feeling shoe.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4147 on: May 09, 2022, 12:01:18 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #4148 on: May 09, 2022, 12:04:40 PM »

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #4149 on: May 09, 2022, 12:15:38 PM »

*The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of the SLAP Forum or its members.

yooo is that clear rubber on the bottom?!

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #4150 on: May 09, 2022, 12:21:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yooo is that clear rubber on the bottom?!

Not quite clear but iccccccy
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #4151 on: May 09, 2022, 12:24:44 PM »

hello, i am here to agree that the gray ones are in fact 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

sayjackson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #4152 on: May 09, 2022, 12:43:27 PM »

wow the geek squads are a must cop as a former agent myself

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #4153 on: May 10, 2022, 01:08:17 AM »
Tell me the 440 high isn’t done
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 39
« Reply #4154 on: May 10, 2022, 08:48:26 AM »

It isn’t

uesty

• Rep: 93
« Reply #4155 on: May 10, 2022, 09:17:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It isn’t

the future colorways are dreamy too  ;D

caked

• Rep: 16
« Reply #4156 on: May 10, 2022, 09:39:34 AM »
My tiagos fit absolutely perfect, are well broken in and sadly there is still a good amount of heel slip when pushing. I feel like heel pods just don't work for some people. Can't go down a size or even crank the laces down because then it would be too tight. A shame because otherwise these are literally the perfect feeling shoe.

chiming in on this discussion - I experience heel slipping in the 1010s when I wear a pair of my thinner socks (usually when it's really hot out). When I wear beefier, more cushioned socks it seems to be better and not really bothersome. Maybe it's all in my head but might be worth a try. I'm surprised how much I enjoy skating these shoes!

apport

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4157 on: May 10, 2022, 01:00:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

wow the geek squads are a must cop as a former agent myself
lmao the geek squads, that's literally the same colorway

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #4158 on: May 10, 2022, 06:07:12 PM »
Changing insoles helped a bit. Going from the stock to a slightly more substantial Adidas made it better, and a Cons insole basically fixed the problem but I'm just so high up then. There probably is an ideal insole/sock combo that may make it manageable.

Fooj

• Rep: 180
« Reply #4159 on: May 10, 2022, 10:47:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Depending on how dedicated you are to 1010s despite the heel movement, you could try these Stable 26 socks. I used to use them for ice hockey, since avoiding heel slip is a big thing in that sport as well. They have special pockets under the ankle bones for silicone inserts(various thicknesses) that really snug up the fit depending on your heel width.

Granted, they're not cheap and I wouldn't expect anyone to the same pair of socks everytime they skate. But options are out there if you really want them.

SaySo

« Reply #4160 on: May 10, 2022, 11:04:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Depending on how dedicated you are to 1010s despite the heel movement, you could try these Stable 26 socks. I used to use them for ice hockey, since avoiding heel slip is a big thing in that sport as well. They have special pockets under the ankle bones for silicone inserts(various thicknesses) that really snug up the fit depending on your heel width.

Granted, they're not cheap and I wouldn't expect anyone to the same pair of socks everytime they skate. But options are out there if you really want them.

Interest was piqued by this so I searched the inter webs. Looks like there's a clearance on them at this site:

https://hockeysupremacy.com/products/stable-26-socks-hockey-above-socks?variant=30394700693586

From $26 down to $10

Edit: from $30 down to $10.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

SaySo

« Reply #4161 on: May 10, 2022, 11:09:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Interest was piqued by this so I searched the inter webs. Looks like there's a clearance on them at this site:

https://hockeysupremacy.com/products/stable-26-socks-hockey-above-socks?variant=30394700693586

From $26 down to $10

Also, looks like the heel padding could help reduce ankle pain from getting hit by your deck?

...or maybe that's just an issue I have with missed popped tricks?

Fooj

• Rep: 180
« Reply #4162 on: May 10, 2022, 11:22:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

From $26 down to $10

Being a recovered Hockey gear-head, i think i recall Hockey Supremacy being based in Toronto. Could be wrong tho.

SaySo

« Reply #4163 on: May 11, 2022, 07:06:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

From $26 down to $10

[close]

Being a recovered Hockey gear-head, i think i recall Hockey Supremacy being based in Toronto. Could be wrong tho.

Ah, so the prices are Canadian dollars?

apport

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4164 on: May 11, 2022, 07:20:50 AM »
you guys know they make heel liner pads specifically for heel slip right?

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #4165 on: May 11, 2022, 08:06:11 AM »
i thought the 1010s already had little anti-slip heel retainer things built-in?

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 17
« Reply #4166 on: May 11, 2022, 08:54:51 AM »
One time I went to one of those indoor trampoline places and they gave me some socks with grippy pads on the bottom.

I wear those socks with shoes I have that are a little too big. Seems to help battle against the heel lock in the 1010s, for me.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #4167 on: May 11, 2022, 11:31:37 AM »

Yeah those heel lock pods. They don't work very well for some people though. I think in general pods like that don't work particularly well for my foot. SB Dunk lows included. A nice normal collar fits me and many people much better

MikeX

• Rep: 7
« Reply #4168 on: May 11, 2022, 08:52:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah those heel lock pods. They don't work very well for some people though. I think in general pods like that don't work particularly well for my foot. SB Dunk lows included. A nice normal collar fits me and many people much better

I feel like having those pods actually pushes your heel away from the heel cup instead securing them

SaySo

« Reply #4169 on: May 12, 2022, 01:14:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I feel like having those pods actually pushes your heel away from the heel cup instead securing them

For some reason, a lot of the heel lock pods built-in to the shoes seem to flatten out super quick for me.