Author Topic: New Volcom video coming: Holy Stokes  (Read 55579 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: New Volcom video coming: Holy Stokes
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2016, 04:39:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Going to the Premiere in Tempe, AZ tonight. Anyone have questions or stuff they want me to look for?
[close]

Did you get a free ticket? I know it's free but still need a ticket and I'm not sure if CT is handing them out.

Regardless, please confirm if Dollin's part is indeed entirely made up of eating shit.
[close]

I could be wrong, but I don't think you need tickets. I think you just need to be towards the front of the line to get a seat.

I saw CT post something about 'free tickets' a while back but you could be right. Either way I don't have it in me to stand in line and not be able to get in. That theater is fairly small for the amount of people they're expecting.

But yeah, inform us on Dennis footage, also.

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2016, 06:14:44 PM »
Just got back from the premiere. Daan had an amazing part. Trahan had a sizeable chunk of footage (maybe 1:30?) Mostly NYC shit, all pretty cool. Busenitz might be slowing down -- all throwaway NYC shit (sans two table tricks), and he had one line at the Bronx courthouse that was super weak. No Thrasher cover, either).
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2016, 06:36:33 PM »
Just got back from the premiere. Daan had an amazing part. Trahan had a sizeable chunk of footage (maybe 1:30?) Mostly NYC shit, all pretty cool. Busenitz might be slowing down -- all throwaway NYC shit (sans two table tricks), and he had one line at the Bronx courthouse that was super weak. No Thrasher cover, either.

Possibly another Busenitz part by the end of the year?

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2016, 07:23:21 PM »
Just got back from the premiere. Daan had an amazing part. Trahan had a sizeable chunk of footage (maybe 1:30?) Mostly NYC shit, all pretty cool. Busenitz might be slowing down -- all throwaway NYC shit (sans two table tricks), and he had one line at the Bronx courthouse that was super weak. No Thrasher cover, either).
I need GT spoilers, this video is really all about him as far as Im concerned.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2016, 11:08:28 PM »
as a video this fucking sucks- what a let down.

very much 4k and slow mo, if you're into high res shots of people being in the way of tricks, then this is your jam.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2016, 09:35:22 AM »
Went to the premiere last night

1- Louie had a two song opening part which got the ball going really quick. Best part he had put out, and easily in my top ten of all time. I remember him tre-flip lip that New Mexico ditch spot that is a downhill hubba/ledge into a steep bank. That was nuts. Forgot what the ender was, his part just kinda stopped.

2- Dennis footy was below par in my opinion. He only had a few clips, maybe 10 clips? He was just cruising in the montage section. Enjoyable nonetheless.

3- Dustin Dollin's part was entirely slams. He didn't land one trick. They edit it for comedy which was pretty funny. After "he hits his head" he      goes into a dreamlike state where his contracts are being terminated, scooter kids kicking him, and his leg had to be amputated. His slams were fucked up bad. I don't know how he didn't get injured for life.

4- Jackson Pilz footy is incredible, he shared a part with Axel Cruysberghs. Jackson's feeble looked too easy. That kickflip over the fence is his ender and is straight jacked. Axel's part was gnarly, but kinda forgettable, unfortunately.

5- Milton Martinez had a sick part, he had some insane street footy paired with gnarly tranny stuff.

6- Alec Majerus part is fucked up. One of the best in the video IMO. Kickflip crook this spot (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dFQ_TnyRlqk/maxresdefault.jpg) and kickflip back tail that ocean side hubba that rowan barley grinded which was his ender.

7- Daan Van der Linden's part reminded me why I love skateboarding. Carefree style and attitude that was coupled with dork tricks magnified to extreme levels. He heelflip indys that Atlanta 4 Block spot. Everything was done so perfectly. Grinds a stupid long rail to the point where I laughed. That backsmith stall in the photo on the other page is insane. He ollies outta it perfectly into the tranny. Ender is the backnoseblunt. Volcom likes to ruin it, huh?

8- Dane Burman's part was sick, more drops than anyone else. Kinda forgettable among the madness of the video. That kinda happened alot. You would forget who just skated because there was so much going on. Alot to take in at once.

9- I don't know who Jordan Trahan is but his part was honestly the least impressive. Who is this guy, I thought he was like the filmer at first. lol

10- Chris Pfanner does the same tricks, but does them bigger, better, and faster. Nothing notable.

11- Grant Taylor and Collin Provost share the ending part of the video. They skated to a gothic heavy metal track that fit so perfectly. Dudes shredded the fuck out of the tranny. But GT got down on some big ass rails. Really surprised me actually. Was not Collin's best part, still liked it. At this point it was hard to remember what anyone did because there was so much shit to watch.

-
Overall, this video was sick. Soundtrack was rad and fit everyone perfecty. Alot of the spot I have never seen before. Alot of drone shots, they overkilled it. 4K was awesome, and the filming was really well done. Alot of effects, and very theatrical - this entertained my girlfriend more than a homie video. Daveed got injured so he didn't have much footy other than pool tricks in montages. Overall it was pretty sick. The re-watchablity is so much higher than Pretty Sweet.

rideflannel

« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2016, 09:45:14 AM »
^How's that rock you live under? I'm just gonna leave this here.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2016, 09:56:26 AM »
You had me until you said Trahan had the worst part and that you don't know who he is.

I recommend watching this entire video, one of my favourites from the past year, but you can skip to 19:40 for Trahan's part.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2016, 10:22:43 AM »
Good job guys you scared away the Volcom employee before he could answer my question: Will there be DVDs???

she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2016, 10:59:21 AM »
I mean maybe I'm mistaking him for someone else? Midway thru the video, there was a dude who wasn't doing much. Idk if you guys saw it but he does like a fence jam to pivot on a bank? Who ever that dude was . Maybe it wasn't Trahan idk

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2016, 11:16:52 AM »
^how old are you? i dont trust anyones opinion on skating who doesnt know who trahan is
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2016, 11:57:08 AM »
^how old are you? i dont trust anyones opinion on skating who doesnt know who trahan is

Old enough to tell when I don't like something? Y'all wanna suck his dick or something, damn! From what I saw, I wan't impressed.

Fuck me right? Can't have a damn opinion these days.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2016, 12:00:01 PM »
Haven't seen the video, maybe his part isn't that good, I don't know.
Anyway, now you know who he is. Super talented NY skater.

Second Division

• Rep: 10
« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2016, 12:03:16 PM »
To be fair, Trahan's footage was fairly tame for what he's capable of, which could be why Minty didn't notice. Did have a no comply kickflip up like a 5, which was probably his stand out trick. Minty - seriously check out his other shit and you'll change your mind.

Milton Martinez, Louie, Daan, and Alec really had the stand out parts to me. All really sick, especially Daan, kid is insane. The rest of the video was well done though. Volcom has a sick team and glad to see them actually making a video.

People in the crowd audibly laughed when Sheckler came on too, which I found pretty funny at my premiere.

VolcomStoned

• Rep: 7
    • volcom.com avatar image
« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2016, 01:39:06 PM »
Good job guys you scared away the Volcom employee before he could answer my question: Will there be DVDs???

LOL sorry dude, on the goddamn premiere tour... last I heard we're making shop copies, not 100% if we're making anything on the level of Propeller DVD books but simple DVDs for promo items might be in order.

And as far as Trahan goes, his foot has been hurt since we put him on more or less.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:50:22 PM by VolcomStoned »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: May 27, 2016, 02:33:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

LOL sorry dude, on the goddamn premiere tour... last I heard we're making shop copies, not 100% if we're making anything on the level of Propeller DVD books but simple DVDs for promo items might be in order.

And as far as Trahan goes, his foot has been hurt since we put him on more or less.

Can you ship me a copy? I'll pay for it and shipping if my local shops run out

BlacklistedUK

• Rep: 55
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2016, 02:40:57 PM »
Milton Martinez, Louie, Daan, and Alec really had the stand out parts to me. All really sick, especially Daan, kid is insane. The rest of the video was well done though.

Just left the London after party before it got too insane (Volcom didn't fuck about and hooked up a free bar....) as I actually wanna be able to skate tomorrow but I have to back up the above: the whole vid is really fucking good but those four have the stand out sections for sure. Proper face melting stuff.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2016, 02:50:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

make dvds, it was a really enjoyable video.
like you said, 4k and hundreds of thousands in travel... for no dvd?

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #198 on: May 27, 2016, 03:22:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

can you just post a link already?  :o

asakusa75

« Reply #199 on: May 27, 2016, 05:19:22 PM »
You had me until you said Trahan had the worst part and that you don't know who he is.

I recommend watching this entire video, one of my favourites from the past year, but you can skip to 19:40 for Trahan's part.

Well worth the rewatch....last kickflip is straight up madness.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #200 on: May 27, 2016, 06:14:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/how-the-sunk-cost-fallacy-makes-you-act-stupid.html - just a comment on your line of logic. I too wouldn't mind a DVD.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #201 on: May 27, 2016, 06:51:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/how-the-sunk-cost-fallacy-makes-you-act-stupid.html - just a comment on your line of logic. I too wouldn't mind a DVD.

thx

Expand Quote
Just got back from the premiere. Daan had an amazing part. Trahan had a sizeable chunk of footage (maybe 1:30?) Mostly NYC shit, all pretty cool. Busenitz might be slowing down -- all throwaway NYC shit (sans two table tricks), and he had one line at the Bronx courthouse that was super weak. No Thrasher cover, either.
[close]

I heard they didn't film that cover.. which is likely true considering it wasn't in either away days or holy stokes. i was really looking forward to the footage.

VolcomStoned

« Reply #202 on: May 28, 2016, 09:53:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

thx

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I heard they didn't film that cover.. which is likely true considering it wasn't in either away days or holy stokes. i was really looking forward to the footage.

Like I said, I'm kind of out of the loop on the DVD's, I'm just the digital/social media dude, but I've been pushing for hardcopies all along. And +1 for the sunk cost fallacy, something logical and relevant in a slap forum, who would of thought! (half-Kidding, sorta)

And also for that Busenitz Thrasher cover, we thought it was going to be in away days, but when it wasn't is when we learned it wasn't filmed. definitely a bummer.

I'm off the road until I have to go to the Austin premiere so if you have any questions, let'em rip. I'll answer what I can.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #203 on: May 28, 2016, 11:52:08 AM »
I second whoever said I'd pay for shipping for a shop copy. I help out with a small shop in my hometown so if anything I'd pay for a copy for that shop. PM me if that's a possibility, Volcom dude. Thanks.

Also, how tragic that the Dennis clip wasn't filmed. Hope he goes back for that footage.

VolcomStoned

« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2016, 06:50:24 PM »
Ran making DVD's up the flagpole. we'll see where it goes.

Anyone here going to the Austin, TX premiere tomorrow??? We got some Austin legends to play after ;)

Syhr

• Rep: 11
« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2016, 04:57:58 AM »
Someone must have at least got an iPhone clip of Dennis' cover?!

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2016, 09:49:13 AM »

Anyone here going to the Austin, TX premiere tomorrow??? We got some Austin legends to play after ;)

is the "flagpole" ryan sheckler's mom's leg
good come sausage

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2016, 11:15:13 AM »

Thanks dude! Let us know! And give us copies!

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2016, 11:47:23 PM »
Will we get a YouTube 24h premier like with Away Days and a bunch of other videos, for the unfortunate of us, who don't live anywhere near any of the premiers?

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2016, 06:33:40 AM »

C'mon man, his last full part was like a week ago.