Author Topic: Proper Skateboarding Update  (Read 49705 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Proper (FTW) Update
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2017, 12:12:27 PM »

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #271 on: September 23, 2017, 07:28:48 PM »
I'm asuming the clip antedated the production of the shoes.

baravettski

• Rep: 41
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #272 on: September 29, 2017, 01:42:51 AM »

Correct. Small company shit, didn't have the budget to fly some filmers out so he could refilm in Propers.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2017, 05:37:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Correct. Small company shit, didn't have the budget to fly some filmers out so he could refilm in Propers.
I get it but I would have just left that footage out.

baravettski

« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2017, 12:22:41 PM »
Whattup y'all? Question for the vegan homies, what's your preferred skate material? Synthetic Suede? Canvas w/rubber? Some other super cool thing I've never heard of? Lemme know, I want to do a vegan Conquista for Spring.

Also I posted a friends and fam code for Proper for the day, it's SPOOPORDIE for 23% off at check out on https://proper-skateboarding.myshopify.com

Thanks!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2017, 05:50:17 PM »
hemp with some sort of synth rubber/ leather ala old i-Paths? https://www.sneakerfiles.com/ipath-classics-cricket/
you could reinforce the hemp ala state shoes with a thin rubber layer underneath too.
Etnies/ eS' have got some great synth suede at the moment too though and I know you had access to crazy high-tech  shit when you were working for the swoosh so dig deep. No crazy colors please, those black/ gum ones look dope!
Also, please tell me you have a distributor in Japan?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 07:56:25 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #276 on: October 31, 2017, 07:29:51 PM »
Whattup y'all? Question for the vegan homies, what's your preferred skate material? Synthetic Suede? Canvas w/rubber? Some other super cool thing I've never heard of? Lemme know, I want to do a vegan Conquista for Spring.

Also I posted a friends and fam code for Proper for the day, it's SPOOPORDIE for 23% off at check out on https://proper-skateboarding.myshopify.com

Thanks!

This is sick.  I've been plant based for 5 years in January, and the only reason I've made that distinction is because I've never had great luck with vegan skate shoes.  I haven't done extensive R&D, as I'm not pulling in that "Nyah money", but props for wanting to put something in production.  I would think a synthetic suede or a canvas with a thick rubber layer in the high wear areas would be great.

Bizarro Jerry

« Reply #277 on: October 31, 2017, 07:54:45 PM »
I'm waiting a the black or burgundy cinex to come out! Don't think I can rock some all white high tops. 

Grind King Rims

« Reply #278 on: November 01, 2017, 03:17:12 AM »
Any update with UK / Euro distribution?

baravettski

« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2017, 08:03:30 PM »
Thanks everyone.

I think a synth suede would feel the best, the problem is price on that shit.

GISM - Thanks, I'll take a look and see what they price at. I'm getting real close in Japan, so hopefully soon.

jamersonbass - Thanks. You mean plant based because there isn't a distinction on animal products in glue or other stuff like that? Side question, what would a reasonable uncharge (assuming there is one) to know that something was full on vegan? 5-10 bucks at retail?

Bizzaro - Yeah I know, it was a tough choice but being small we could only go with one for now. We're trying to hand dye some of the white ones, I'll let you know how it works. Nate paints his all the time.

GKR - Got some emails out but not much back yet.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #280 on: November 01, 2017, 10:11:58 PM »
Also, your Rook model reminds me of Kareem's Duffs' shoe - make a black/ gum vegan version using a mix of black canvas and synth suede/ leather on the high wear areas and I'm yours forever

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #281 on: November 02, 2017, 05:26:28 AM »
The Rook looks like those DVS Kerry Getz which were my fav skate shoes ever. I'd buy a pair if you ever get em into EU (Paris specifically) shops.

jamersonbass

« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2017, 07:02:50 AM »
Thanks everyone.

I think a synth suede would feel the best, the problem is price on that shit.

GISM - Thanks, I'll take a look and see what they price at. I'm getting real close in Japan, so hopefully soon.

jamersonbass - Thanks. You mean plant based because there isn't a distinction on animal products in glue or other stuff like that? Side question, what would a reasonable uncharge (assuming there is one) to know that something was full on vegan? 5-10 bucks at retail?

Bizzaro - Yeah I know, it was a tough choice but being small we could only go with one for now. We're trying to hand dye some of the white ones, I'll let you know how it works. Nate paints his all the time.

GKR - Got some emails out but not much back yet.

I meant that I've considered myself plant-based, as I still wear suede shoes to skate.  The vegan shoe options are so bad and I can't afford to blow through a pair of shoes skating every month.  I'd happily pay $5-$10 bucks more, man. 

Latarian Milton

« Reply #283 on: November 04, 2017, 02:08:14 PM »
Love the brand, I've been meaning to get another pair of the Conquistas at Worn Path when I have the funds.

baravettski

« Reply #284 on: November 04, 2017, 02:49:37 PM »
Love the brand, I've been meaning to get another pair of the Conquistas at Worn Path when I have the funds.

Fuck yeah, thank you! That's rad to hear, I really appreciate it.

jamersonbass

« Reply #285 on: November 05, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »
Baravettski, how would you compare the Rook and Conquista?  I've been skating all Adidas cupsoles for the last 5 years and want to change it up.  I really respect what you're doing and seeing as how you have labradoodles via ig, it just makes me want to support you more. 

baravettski

« Reply #286 on: November 05, 2017, 11:41:26 AM »
Baravettski, how would you compare the Rook and Conquista?  I've been skating all Adidas cupsoles for the last 5 years and want to change it up.  I really respect what you're doing and seeing as how you have labradoodles via ig, it just makes me want to support you more.

Ha, thanks! Those pups are the best.

Conquista is lower in the back and fits a little bit wider in the forefoot. Rook has double layers up front so it feels bit more narrow. More support through the mid foot on the Rook too, those side panels actually function and the lace flaps help laces not break. Rook is the sleeper for sure, and definitely one that looks better on the foot for some reason.

Here's mine skated about the same amount of time, 6-7 weeks or so.

Email me at [email protected], I'll make a discount code for you. Same goes for the rest of you mugs if you actually want to try em out.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #287 on: November 07, 2017, 01:37:13 PM »
Are we close to getting into shops in Canada at all? I'm dying to try the Cinex, but I have extremely picky shoe needs and don't want to buy them without trying them on.

baravettski

« Reply #288 on: December 05, 2017, 12:57:19 PM »
Are we close to getting into shops in Canada at all? I'm dying to try the Cinex, but I have extremely picky shoe needs and don't want to buy them without trying them on.

Still workin' on it. Getting a little closer I think. I hear ya, I could offer free exchange on a size swap or something but I know that's still a pain in the ass.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #289 on: December 05, 2017, 09:36:20 PM »
Definitely going to order a pair of those Conquistas in a couple of weeks, the black & gum just looks so good. I wear a 10.5 in vans, should I go with that?

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #290 on: December 05, 2017, 09:58:21 PM »
Yeah, what's up with the sizing?  I order a pair of the G-Code reissues and I don't go through shoes quickly but every time I see the Rooks, I want a pair.

baravettski

« Reply #291 on: December 09, 2017, 09:33:36 PM »
yeah, go with your regular size, they fit true. thanks y'all!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: December 14, 2017, 10:40:21 PM »
how them vegan joints going baravettski?

baravettski

« Reply #293 on: December 17, 2017, 11:43:20 AM »
how them vegan joints going baravettski?

Getting some samples done to test materials. Hoping to have em ready for Spring.

Also, we're doing 30% off for December, discount code SPACE at checkout when you go here...

https://proper-skateboarding.myshopify.com/

baravettski

« Reply #294 on: January 02, 2018, 09:42:11 AM »
Happy New Year y'all! We made it on the Ripped Laces SSOTY list, thanks to everyone that's given us a shot so far. I made a Pals discount code so the 30% off party continues. Put in SLAPNERD at checkout, here's a link too.

https://proper-skateboarding.myshopify.com/discount/SLAPNERD

doublesteveburger

« Reply #295 on: January 02, 2018, 10:58:20 AM »
Stopped by Cowtown last week and saw you dudes up on the shoe wall. Hyped for you guys. Shoes are looking good.

Unfortunately I'm broke as shit.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #296 on: January 08, 2018, 12:07:47 PM »
Yo Shaun, just saw that you guys said up distro for Canada, gonna look into trying some out at our shop Ninetimes!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #297 on: January 08, 2018, 12:14:48 PM »
Yo Shaun, just saw that you guys said up distro for Canada, gonna look into trying some out at our shop Ninetimes!

When I was in high school there was this big ass bee that would harass us during lunch. It was called the nine times bee, because it was not quite 10x the size of a regular bee. It was so big I saw it take a shit once.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #298 on: January 08, 2018, 12:21:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When I was in high school there was this big ass bee that would harass us during lunch. It was called the nine times bee, because it was not quite 10x the size of a regular bee. It was so big I saw it take a shit once.

That guy sounds cool! We should definitely make a t-shirt with him taking a big fat bee shit.

baravettski

« Reply #299 on: January 09, 2018, 08:42:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That guy sounds cool! We should definitely make a t-shirt with him taking a big fat bee shit.

That guy sounds hella cool. I'm down to work on a shirt.