Author Topic: Hockey II  (Read 41676 times)

swag nollies

Re: Hockey II
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »
after looking into Burzum, i think they are definitely playing into the skinhead aesthetic. from Dill saying Hockey is the white FA, to the fits, and even the shot of the Asian gentlemen pushing the cart followed by Ben's sarcastic expression.

i don't have a problem with it per say, but it is a very Dill thing to do. of course i don't believe he's courting the racist skateboarder demographic, but yeah using it as a fashion would probably seem a little teenage and questionable to some people.

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2016, 10:43:41 AM »
Everyone saying how Ben Kadow looks like a skinhead bla bla bla. I thought for a while that he was some angry lesbian, cuz that's what he looks like to me. His face is just way too feminine. Terrible clothes too, like AA.

Skating was fucking bomb though, so imma back it. Not everyone has to dress the same or in a way that is pleasing to me. Do you, fuck what everyone else thinks.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2016, 11:19:15 AM »
Unreal edit, wish there was more donovan and I don't get how ben is still Am, I'm pretty sure he's not pro

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2016, 11:26:34 AM »
Everyone saying how Ben Kadow looks like a skinhead bla bla bla. I thought for a while that he was some angry lesbian, cuz that's what he looks like to me. His face is just way too feminine. Terrible clothes too, like AA.

Skating was fucking bomb though, so imma back it. Not everyone has to dress the same or in a way that is pleasing to me. Do you, fuck what everyone else thinks.
Yep.  The people complaining about haircuts or pant length are fucking clowns, like high school jocks.  Bens high speed smith into the stairs is unhateable.  Besides if it were really all about clothes then Lucas Puig won that a long time ago.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2016, 11:42:27 AM »
^^ not that you're referring to my post, but just want to be clear i think ben's look is rad and works perfectly for his skating.

i am familiar with non-racist skinheads. Nor do i think Dill is on some subversive nazi shit, just that he probably is into the aesthetic, because it's edgy.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2016, 12:09:17 PM »
Yikes, I'm getting second hand embarrassment reading about Ben's clothing and calling him a skinhead.
You all realize an actual skinhead wouldn't be caught dead in Supreme clothing or about half those pants he's wearing, right?
As somebody else said dude just dresses like your average punk/hc dawg. He's wearing fucking Discharge and Infest shirts for christsake.
Stop talking about his clothes/him being a skin--he's not. You sound like people who see quicksilver shorts on some butthead and are calling them a surfer.

Using burzum is definitely wack and the irony of it being in the same video where an assück song is used is not lost on me at all--oh well.
Edit is sick, and skating is sick.

P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

shit_for_brains

« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2016, 12:12:46 PM »
I think a handful of you guys might just be over thinking this.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2016, 12:20:30 PM »
I think a handful of you guys might just be over thinking this.

except for the 'angry lesbian' assessment.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1196
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2016, 12:37:23 PM »
Donovan rippppps!
hardly art, hardly starving

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2016, 12:56:59 PM »
Yep. The people complaining about haircuts or pant length are fucking clowns
False, this is a clown:

fatuglyjohnjohn

• Rep: -1
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2016, 01:56:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
False, this is a clown:

Yall are clowns for arguing about the dudes kits  and taking the time to find pics of him to back it up. He rips and is a super cool dude in person and obviously doesnt give a fuck about what people think about his clothes. Fuck yeah ben

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2016, 02:03:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
False, this is a clown:

You are such a kook for this holy shit.  Lets see your switch smith on that rail, fashion jock.  Or your attempts on the gap to lipslide Ben goes for.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2016, 02:03:54 PM »
Hanging your keys on your belt is useless. You just jingle around everywhere with the potential of stabbing your self

Eric ricks

« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2016, 02:06:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Im down for AA and fitz but not that lil skinhead looking fuck.

What a fuckin idiot
[close]

lets see a picture of your dumb ass then

Fuck you, idiot.

max_o

• Rep: 14
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2016, 02:08:45 PM »
All these people who make snide remarks about the pants these guys wear are just showing their age. Can't you remember being young and wanting to be cool? Like it or not, skating is connected to fashion - it's part of what separates it from jock sports - and these wild outfits are just the latest instalment in a proud tradition that includes many of the most influential and interesting skaters over the years. I'm a 40 year old dad and I would look dumb in the outfits AA, Ben K, Sean Pablo etc. wear, but that doesn't stop me from getting hyped on their footage.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2016, 02:12:43 PM »
Something that looks like shit will still look like shit whether you're old young or from fucking mars.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2016, 02:41:59 PM »
Unreal edit, wish there was more donovan and I don't get how ben is still Am, I'm pretty sure he's not pro

i've read this about sixteen times
good come sausage

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2016, 02:46:36 PM »
Something that looks like shit will still look like shit whether you're old young or from fucking mars.
Agreed. That being said, highwaters most certainly do not look like shit, especially on Mr. Kadow

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2016, 03:06:54 PM »
Hanging your keys on your belt is useless. You just jingle around everywhere with the potential of stabbing your self

I actually hang my keys from my belt loop because i'm afraid i'll loose them otherwise. It's actually a great safety idea.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 904
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2016, 03:14:56 PM »
I think we can all agree that no matter what clothes he wears or hairstyle he rocks Ben K just looks kinda weird and skates really well.

Grampa

• Rep: 145
« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2016, 03:17:08 PM »
AA and Kadow look fine.

Alternatives are: Jalba/Mango with the exhausting irony, the Palace crew with chav tracksuits when it's cool and dressing like a twink when it's warm, people like Figgy or Nuge living in 1973, the "East Coast skater" uniform that I don't really even know what it is but everyone keeps complaining about it, the neo-goofy boy, and probably a ton more. I guess if AA and Kadow look annoying to you, you can go ahead and watch someone else whose clothing is more tailored to your tastes.

Or, life hack: you could always create a skater via THPS to look like your dream man and just play with him instead of watching real videos.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2016, 04:18:14 PM »
Turned into the Vogue forum in here. Even though I'm guilty of calling Ben's outfit skin... I think you guys who sleuthed the web for his bad looks are definitely trying to hard. That kid as ridiculous as he looks rip... Some of us wore size 40 FUCT pants at one time. Think we looked cool in that shit?

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2016, 04:49:56 PM »
I kind of hated this. I miss the old Andrew Allen.

I don't get the Kadow hype. Style is hard on the eyes. Every part he has nearly as many slams as makes and still hasn't proven to have a bag of tricks deeper than about 7 moves.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2016, 05:49:07 PM »
AA and Kadow look fine.

Alternatives are: Jalba/Mango with the exhausting irony, the Palace crew with chav tracksuits when it's cool and dressing like a twink when it's warm, people like Figgy or Nuge living in 1973, the "East Coast skater" uniform that I don't really even know what it is but everyone keeps complaining about it, the neo-goofy boy, and probably a ton more. I guess if AA and Kadow look annoying to you, you can go ahead and watch someone else whose clothing is more tailored to your tastes.

Or, life hack: you could always create a skater via THPS to look like your dream man and just play with him instead of watching real videos.
Don't forget the SoCal flow-bro look: logos everywhere, stretch chinos, mountain dew cap and Janoskis.

I don't get the Kadow hype. Style is hard on the eyes. Every part he has nearly as many slams as makes and still hasn't proven to have a bag of tricks deeper than about 7 moves.
There's no one else who skates like him and he's legitimately unpredictable.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2016, 06:22:26 PM »

sometimes kadow reminds me of a young al bundy. al wore highwaters and al is the coolest

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2016, 07:18:49 PM »

sometimes kadow reminds me of a young al bundy. al wore highwaters and al is the coolest
Has Ben ever scored 4 touchdowns in a single high school football game?
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa

shit_for_brains

« Reply #176 on: August 01, 2016, 07:26:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Has Ben ever scored 4 touchdowns in a single high school football game?

No but he has a good spot in the woods where he goes to break stuff when his dad yells at him.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #177 on: August 01, 2016, 07:43:26 PM »
i am familiar with non-racist skinheads. Nor do i think Dill is on some subversive nazi shit, just that he probably is into the aesthetic, because it's edgy.
LOL I could see him sitting around having a wank to his reflection in the mirror and being like "Yo! AO stole the gay culture thing, what the fuck am I gunna use now?" *light bulb flashes* Dill loves that "edgy" shit, I mean he called his company 'fucking awesome' for fucks sake ::) contemplate the stupidity of that for a second.
Also, jimi b(r)itches (who I'm surprised wasn't Dill's bride) used to be sXe/ hardcore too so that might have something to do with the whole fake trying-to-look-like-a-skinhead-but-not vibe?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Zeep Zander

« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2016, 08:21:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
LOL I could see him sitting around having a wank to his reflection in the mirror and being like "Yo! AO stole the gay culture thing, what the fuck am I gunna use now?" *light bulb flashes* Dill loves that "edgy" shit, I mean he called his company 'fucking awesome' for fucks sake ::) contemplate the stupidity of that for a second.
Also, jimi b(r)itches (who I'm surprised wasn't Dill's bride) used to be sXe/ hardcore too so that might have something to do with the whole fake trying-to-look-like-a-skinhead-but-not vibe?

hahahaha this is good

but really had no one seen old Ben footage? he's looked exactly the same for like 7 years

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #179 on: August 01, 2016, 09:21:54 PM »
the more I watch this type of shit....the more I like pops fully flared part.....

He should send Rick and Mike an email maybe....