Author Topic: RIP Dylan Reider  (Read 124418 times)

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: RIP Dylan Reider
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2016, 10:26:05 AM »
What a heavy day...

It's hard growing old & watching/admiring somebody throughout the years, almost growing up with them in a way & suddenly they are gone...

Skateboarding is such a beautiful thing & we all need to take stock of what we got, because it can be all over tomorrow...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

sluggers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -407
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2016, 10:27:50 AM »
What a heavy day...

It's hard growing old & watching/admiring somebody throughout the years, almost growing up with them in a way & suddenly they are gone...

Skateboarding is such a beautiful thing & we all need to take stock of what we got, because it can be all over tomorrow...

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2016, 10:28:41 AM »
And, if you ever wanted to walk or skate in Dylan's shoes:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014R4MC5A/ref=asc_df_B00NIMXXSS4567115/

S.E.

« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »
I know somebody that skated with him during that last Huf US tour they did..maybe summer 14?  And apparently he had already been diagnosed at that time but was still skating....if you think about the last few things he put out from the perspective of him knowing he was sick and possibly terminal...changes alot of things.  The jenkem playlist being one example. 

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2016, 10:53:30 AM »
I know somebody that skated with him during that last Huf US tour they did..maybe summer 14?  And apparently he had already been diagnosed at that time but was still skating....if you think about the last few things he put out from the perspective of him knowing he was sick and possibly terminal...changes alot of things.  The jenkem playlist being one example. 

I was thinking about this. Dylan had a lot of time to be ready to go, to made peace with himself and with everybody out there. He was posting things randomly and then erasing it within minutes on Insta like that photo of the beach with a beatiful sunset. He caption something about "...the other side." and then he delete it.

Then the rides he was going on, that photo where AA is driving is super powerful to me and all those friends with him at home all the time. I dont know, the last couple of years the guy was just giving some vibes of...peace, again. Thats the word to me, peace. Fucking peace to use one of his favorite words.

It reinvigorate me a little this cause I feel he died with a smile, you know just faded away with style and grace. No regrets, no drama, no bullshit.  :)

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2016, 11:03:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was thinking about this. Dylan had a lot of time to be ready to go, to made peace with himself and with everybody out there. He was posting things randomly and then erasing it within minutes on Insta like that photo of the beach with a beatiful sunset. He caption something about "...the other side." and then he delete it.

Then the rides he was going on, that photo where AA is driving is super powerful to me and all those friends with him at home all the time. I dont know, the last couple of years the guy was just giving some vibes of...peace, again. Thats the word to me, peace. Fucking peace to use one of his favorite words.

It reinvigorate me a little this cause I feel he died with a smile, you know just faded away with style and grace. No regrets, no drama, no bullshit.  :)

I imagine that's how it went. He accomplished so much more than any of us could ever dream about. His dreams became reality. He knew he would have to leave this world soon, and he did what he could with his last moments here. Skated with style. Left with style.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

BMCsteve

« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2016, 11:07:13 AM »
I don't think this one has been posted yet.  Interview with VHSMag

Nate

• Rep: 41
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2016, 11:12:38 AM »
Had watery eyes when I checked insta on bart yesterday, had to hold back a few tears.  Fuck cancer, Bowie and now Dylan I lost two of my biggest inspirations in my life.  Especially during my formative years of high school they were two of the people I looked up to the most. Its a sad sad day.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2016, 11:58:11 AM »
And, if you ever wanted to walk or skate in Dylan's shoes:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014R4MC5A/ref=asc_df_B00NIMXXSS4567115/

Going to order now  :)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 592
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2016, 12:02:00 PM »
I don't think this one has been posted yet.  Interview with VHSMag

I noticed now that while I have seen his footage, I haven't really heard his voice. The man didn't do many interviews
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2016, 12:05:52 PM »
RIP Dylan.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2016, 12:19:44 PM »
Gutted. A massive loss for skateboarding. Thank you for everything you did, Dylan.

soup:  thanks for this pic.  always loooooved that bs smith. 

bag o farts:  my only point was that it would be very hard to find out someone you knew/close to passed via social media... even worse when the initial wave of posts/comments/whatever are unsure of whether your friend/family member is alive or dead.  it's just scary how fast information is passed.  I didn't intend to single you out, other than the fact you have a hilarious, but not hilarious at a time of grief, screen-name.  re: the rest of your post, simply put, none of us will know whether or not anyone will acknowledge our death...

one of the hardest things to wrap your mind around with Dylan's death is the fact he simply 'ooozed' charisma and style.  I think more people idolized him than care to admit.  seemed like he was untouchable. unfortunately, cancer could give two shits about that. ? sorry for the loss of so many skateboarders' friend. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:30:21 PM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

micky682

« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2016, 12:44:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Koozin

• Rep: -20
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2016, 12:56:29 PM »
The man is strong over the years while being diagnosed. To continue on with life like it was never in him, physically & mentally. That's a fucking champion. I know he kept it private about him being treated just to hold our emotions back. Fuck health complications. Hes living eternally healthy now with Lewis up there

yungapplejuice

« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2016, 01:24:44 PM »
So many news publications/media outlets outside the realm of skateboarding are cranking out articles about him . Hopped onto yahoo to check my email on my lunch break and noticed they put up a huge header/banner for him . crazy to see the ripples he made in society , especially for people outside of the skate bubble . Just now realizing how strong his energy was . another star seed returns to the light .

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2016, 02:13:28 PM »
Such a huge hole left in skateboarding

Remember to be yourself no matter what and skate with power and grace

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2016, 02:54:51 PM »
Got a text from my mom today, asking me if I'd heard about him.  Apparently this is making the rounds in major news networks..

Beyond heartbreaking and sad... life is just too goddamn fragile.  RIP to one of the most stylish motherfuckers on and off the board, he truly left a mark on the skateboarding world and the world in general.

His last instagram post, sitting on the beach with his dog, is a tearjerker.  RIP

coneklr

« Reply #167 on: October 13, 2016, 02:56:11 PM »
Grabbed a pair of the Huf Dylans ( still regret selling my few gravis pair ) and set up an appt for a tribute tat.  Like many of you, this is one of the very few people I haven't known but their passing touched me deeply.  Truly saddened by his passing, but am happy he got to spend time with loved ones before he passed and is out of pain now.  Rest In Peace Dylan

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2016, 02:57:48 PM »
 :'(
all the best to his family an friends

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #169 on: October 13, 2016, 03:02:08 PM »
Dylan making rounds on all types of news media.

The world loves you Dylan. We all love you.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #170 on: October 13, 2016, 03:22:11 PM »

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2016, 03:24:49 PM »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2016, 03:39:44 PM »
Damn....

From Brent Atchley's IG:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2016, 03:51:33 PM »
Not a huge deal but "Rieder" is spelled wrong in the thread title. Feel free to adjust when able.

captainfalcon69

• Rep: 15
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2016, 03:59:27 PM »
One of the greatest. RIP Dylan Rieder.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2016, 04:35:57 PM »
Watching FA's tribute video made it all too real for me.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2016, 04:59:46 PM »
looking back on it that video that strobeck posted a few days ago on his instagram with ave, dill, and dylan skating must have been cryptic.

i thought it was weird how he posted that video out of nowhere.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:09:08 PM by Big Skatefase »

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2016, 05:01:02 PM »
Damn....

From Brent Atchley's IG:

that's from a few years ago, Dylan reposted it awhile back, its actually still there, which is even radder

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2016, 05:45:45 PM »
My heart fuckin sank when I heard this. Amazing skater and pretty much the sole reason why everyone cuffs their pants and does their impossibles like 3 shuvs. This fucking blows to hear, he was too good to go this soon.

Heaven is a halfpipe

favorite trick from that part. thank you

JamesFardy

• Rep: 69
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched