Author Topic: RIP Dylan Reider  (Read 123893 times)

Speedway

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 110
Re: RIP Dylan Reider
« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2016, 06:28:54 PM »
In these almost 21 years of skateboarding I've witnessed the loss of quite a few pro skaters, but receiving this horrible news and read all the tribute words people were posting online, caught me completely off guard emotionally.

Never thought the death of a person I didn't even knew could hit me so hard.

Thanks for all the stories, words, videos, etc. you guys have been posting in this thread.

Here's a little something I made during yesterday's lunch break to cheer me up.

This is brilliant. Sure it will make a lot of people smile, it sure did me. Respect man.

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2016, 09:03:10 PM »
was doing OK until i rewatched his epicly later'd, then the FA tribute...tears with beers tonight.

i had dylan's feeble down 13 at age 13 ad on my wall when i was the same age, and i've been excited by his skateboarding and persona ever since. this one's huge. to quote that BTO post, "wish there were more."

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2016, 11:13:25 PM »

FUCK :'(
also, this quote from that people article did my head in:
?I walked over and gave him a kiss on the forehead and pulled his eyelids down and said ?See you at the next one buddy.?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:23:34 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

mr cheese

« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2016, 11:16:59 AM »
Skated hard for Dylan last night and everything was clicking! RIP to that sexy beast

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2016, 03:09:34 AM »
Been searching for a bunch of his stuff online the past 4 days and hoping to get whatever slip-on color way or maybe some from his first model with HUF but it's been diminishing(Even the newest color way on the HUF site is gone). I'm not sure if people are just trying to make a kill with re-selling his stuff which is just absurdly messed up. I'm glad i seen a post by Flatspot stating that they were gonna donate all sales that was made from Dylan's stuff that they had leftover to a Cancer Research Foundation, I'm just stoked to know people like that still exist. I'd be down if HUF did the same thing and possibly still continue some more color ways that are leftover for next year's seasons.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2016, 04:03:51 AM »
I've wanted a stick and poke for awhile and one of my friends was down to do one, so she gave me this last night. One of my oldest pieces of clothing I still wear is Dylan's Analog pocket tee with a little straight razor above the pocket. That shirt means a lot to me so I think the razor was a good was a good way to honor him and all the memories I have from the shirt.

It's kinda hard to tell, but the tattoo is on my upper ankle.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:32:51 AM by Made In China »

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2016, 04:07:59 AM »
Damn someone remind me how to resize photos? My ankle does not look good all zoomed in...

GinosGroceries

« Reply #247 on: October 18, 2016, 06:51:40 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I highly encourage everyone to sign up to be in the bone marrow donor registry. Chances are they'll never match you with anyone, but if they do, you could easily save someone's life. All you need to do is send in a cheek swab and they'll keep you in a database in case there is someone in need who can accept your donation. If you do match, they can get a marrow donation the same way they would take a plasma donation (none of the drilling into your hip business anymore).

https://bethematch.org/
[close]

oldgoodburger

« Reply #248 on: October 18, 2016, 07:00:48 PM »
totally forgot it was his epicly later'd where dill made the "upriver" comment about alien.
http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=46837.600

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2016, 07:31:21 PM »
Been searching for a bunch of his stuff online the past 4 days and hoping to get whatever slip-on color way or maybe some from his first model with HUF but it's been diminishing(Even the newest color way on the HUF site is gone). I'm not sure if people are just trying to make a kill with re-selling his stuff which is just absurdly messed up. I'm glad i seen a post by Flatspot stating that they were gonna donate all sales that was made from Dylan's stuff that they had leftover to a Cancer Research Foundation, I'm just stoked to know people like that still exist. I'd be down if HUF did the same thing and possibly still continue some more color ways that are leftover for next year's seasons.

As for the first shoes, I have multiples of the first color, along with the two from the holiday of 2014. After that, I pretty much stuck to the sutter.

As for the slip ons, depending what size you are, they restocked. I feel the same way. I have been skating the slip on since it came out, as I really enjoy that shoe. I also skate the sutter, which I'm thinking they discontinued as well. Fortunately, I have quite the back stock on both shoes, so I am looking forward to actually skating them, rather than be one of these capitalistic mates who bought something to resell. I'm never to stoked on that whole thing, and in the case of this, it's a bummer. Especially seeing a pair of Gravis go for over a grand....to hell with that.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 66
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2016, 06:01:33 AM »
This whole thing hit skateboarding so hard. Nobody was like that guy. Wish I could have met him. his sister posted this to insta recently which is really kind of her. Maybe send some positive vibes her way after seeing this, we all need it, but especially her.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2016, 06:40:48 AM »
That photo breaks my heart.  Damn.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 360
« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2016, 07:18:59 AM »
Damn someone remind me how to resize photos? My ankle does not look good all zoomed in...

sick ink man!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2016, 07:39:43 AM »
This whole thing hit skateboarding so hard. Nobody was like that guy. Wish I could have met him. his sister posted this to insta recently which is really kind of her. Maybe send some positive vibes her way after seeing this, we all need it, but especially her.

:'(
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

reallygudsk8rkid

• Rep: -41
  • Don't Look Before You Leap
« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2016, 08:31:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

:'(

shit_for_brains

« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2016, 08:36:54 AM »

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2016, 09:12:32 AM »
Decently obscure Bright Eyes lyrics too

I just remembered Conor Oberst wrote that song for his nephew too, cause his favorite color was blue
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:31:55 PM by childhood »

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2016, 09:14:34 AM »
Decently obscure Bright Eyes lyrics too

I got a little kick out of that interview Dylan did with Austyn recently ; I guess Dylan burnt Austyn a bunch of Bright Eyes for some road trip the latter went on.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2016, 10:33:22 AM »

This Bright Eyes/Simon Joyner collaboration feels pretty relevant

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2016, 12:55:46 PM »
I'm still getting teary-eyed about this shit. I think my first tat ever will be of my Dylan necklace I got with an analog jacket a few years ago. It's a straight razor with "DR" on the hilt. Subtle and classic. Just like him.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2016, 02:43:00 PM »
I've wanted a stick and poke for awhile and one of my friends was down to do one, so she gave me this last night. One of my oldest pieces of clothing I still wear is Dylan's Analog pocket tee with a little straight razor above the pocket. That shirt means a lot to me so I think the razor was a good was a good way to honor him and all the memories I have from the shirt.

Add a lower case "L" to the end of of the image url before
".jpeg"

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2016, 04:11:43 PM »

This was taken the day he passed away

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2016, 05:32:20 PM »
It's unreal how heavy this still is. It feels weird to be so effected by the passing of someone who I never knew at all, especially days later. I think that says something about how important our favorite skaters are to us.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

micky682

« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2016, 05:33:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This was taken the day he passed away
Wow.
It's weird how the quote "The good die young" seems fitting for Dylan. I didn't realize or appreciate how rare he was, but he was too good for this world anyway.

TEMP-GNAR

« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2016, 05:42:56 PM »
woulda made a lot more sense if he was 27

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2016, 06:13:11 PM »

If you're in Austin tonight...

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2016, 06:40:56 PM »

If you're in Austin tonight...

I just saw that! I'm in ATX but I can't make it tonight. Though if I could I'd probably end up crying.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2016, 12:38:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Add a lower case "L" to the end of of the image url before
".jpeg"
Thanks dude!

Some clubs at my school today were tabling for bone marrow donation, so I said "fuck it" and signed up. The application was really simple and the cheek swabs took about a minute. And I think it was mentioned already in this thread, but everyone should sign up if they can. The actual process of donating is just like taking blood because they just need your stem cells now. Only rarely do they ever have to tap into someone's hip bone like before.

https://bethematch.org/

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #268 on: October 20, 2016, 03:11:34 AM »
^^^^

Respect. Thank you for being an empathetic person

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #269 on: October 20, 2016, 06:33:53 AM »
It's unreal how heavy this still is. It feels weird to be so effected by the passing of someone who I never knew at all, especially days later. I think that says something about how important our favorite skaters are to us.

Yep. And to me, it's also something as simple as, "Fuck these videos and pictures were captured when he was living, but now he's not anymore." that brings out the sadness whenever I pull up instagram. It's hard enough without reading what's written by each of his friends that posted those things.