Author Topic: RIP Dylan Reider  (Read 124421 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
Re: RIP Dylan Reider
« Reply #270 on: October 20, 2016, 11:12:38 AM »
Expand Quote
It's unreal how heavy this still is. It feels weird to be so effected by the passing of someone who I never knew at all, especially days later. I think that says something about how important our favorite skaters are to us.
[close]

Yep. And to me, it's also something as simple as, "Fuck these videos and pictures were captured when he was living, but now he's not anymore." that brings out the sadness whenever I pull up instagram. It's hard enough without reading what's written by each of his friends that posted those things.

Yea im in the same boat.  I caught the Dylan Epicly Later'd during a low point in my life 3-4 yrs ago, being older and out of touch with who he was it left a memorable impression. a Few months later randomly watching a Tyler Creator interview they asked who his favorite skater was, and he goes "Dylan Fucking Reider DOG"!  Followed by his SLS appearance, he shot up to one of my favorites fast. Last week when I heard the news I was immediately crushed and bought the shoes out of guilt for not appreciating/ supporting while he was alive.   

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #271 on: October 20, 2016, 04:21:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's unreal how heavy this still is. It feels weird to be so effected by the passing of someone who I never knew at all, especially days later. I think that says something about how important our favorite skaters are to us.
[close]

Yep. And to me, it's also something as simple as, "Fuck these videos and pictures were captured when he was living, but now he's not anymore." that brings out the sadness whenever I pull up instagram. It's hard enough without reading what's written by each of his friends that posted those things.
[close]

Yea im in the same boat.?  I caught the Dylan Epicly Later'd during a low point in my life 3-4 yrs ago, being older and out of touch with who he was it left a memorable impression. a Few months later randomly watching a Tyler Creator interview they asked who his favorite skater was, and he goes "Dylan Fucking Reider DOG"!?  Followed by his SLS appearance, he shot up to one of my favorites fast. Last week when I heard the news I was immediately crushed and bought the shoes out of guilt for not appreciating/ supporting while he was alive.?  ? 

Tyler and all those future dudes use to hang shit on Dylans cuffed pants all the time. bunch of flogs

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #272 on: October 20, 2016, 08:25:59 PM »
man it is still fucking heavy that dylan passed! like a family member dying or close friend.

edit- i have thought about hime everyday.
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #273 on: October 21, 2016, 11:31:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yea im in the same boat.?  I caught the Dylan Epicly Later'd during a low point in my life 3-4 yrs ago, being older and out of touch with who he was it left a memorable impression. a Few months later randomly watching a Tyler Creator interview they asked who his favorite skater was, and he goes "Dylan Fucking Reider DOG"!?  Followed by his SLS appearance, he shot up to one of my favorites fast. Last week when I heard the news I was immediately crushed and bought the shoes out of guilt for not appreciating/ supporting while he was alive.?  ? 
[close]

Tyler and all those future dudes use to hang shit on Dylans cuffed pants all the time. bunch of flogs

Really!!! Well I've ran into a couple of those dudes after a show in Santa Cruz 4 yrs ago and they were all Grade A Assholes except Earl and Mike G

such

« Reply #274 on: October 21, 2016, 05:44:25 PM »
how did he die exactly?

TEMP-GNAR

« Reply #275 on: October 21, 2016, 06:07:42 PM »
how did he die exactly?

Not by stepping into oncoming traffic like the way you're heading

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #276 on: October 21, 2016, 09:57:04 PM »
He's stylin on angels now... :'(

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1450
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #277 on: October 22, 2016, 09:16:58 AM »
I've been reading through all the tributes and fan art all week. This is really impressive.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #278 on: October 24, 2016, 04:55:51 PM »
I've been reading through all the tributes and fan art all week. This is really impressive.

Yes.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

guest1234

• Rep: 3
« Reply #279 on: October 25, 2016, 09:53:20 AM »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2016, 09:28:25 AM »
This is grand. So stoked for my True Blue shirt to come.

7 year old

« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2016, 09:41:58 AM »
how did he die exactly?
cancer.
fuck cancer. seriously.

nice_guy_2

« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2016, 07:14:04 PM »
he seemed like a gentle soul

louie the taurus

• Rep: -119
« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2016, 07:11:47 PM »
i have never met him, but his dad's ig made me cringe a bit  :(

still heavy to digest dylan is not here anymore..
that interview with steve olson is great btw!

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #284 on: October 29, 2016, 03:23:52 PM »

Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

TEMP-GNAR

« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2016, 03:07:34 PM »
+1 for gaga

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2016, 08:51:48 PM »

?

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2016, 09:16:14 PM »
Cat Power and Conor from Bright Eyes Apparently played at Dylans Funeral

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2016, 09:46:50 PM »
I respect this man's legacy so dam much. Honestly have no reason why this is still eating at me. Those funeral pictures though. Man.

Nelson Muntz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #289 on: November 02, 2016, 10:35:16 PM »
days later and every now and then I get the thought in my head that dylan rieder is longer here.....seems kinda surreal. 

Friend and I were talking about it the other day.  He was telling me that when he heard the news he started tearing up/crying in front of his girlfriend and she was all confused why he just all the sudden got emotional lol.  I kept feeling weird that I cried and I didn't even personally know him. Didn't feel weird at all once I came on slap and noticed a lot of others had a similar response.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #290 on: November 03, 2016, 10:09:47 AM »
days later and every now and then I get the thought in my head that dylan rieder is longer here.....seems kinda surreal. 

Friend and I were talking about it the other day.  He was telling me that when he heard the news he started tearing up/crying in front of his girlfriend and she was all confused why he just all the sudden got emotional lol.  I kept feeling weird that I cried and I didn't even personally know him. Didn't feel weird at all once I came on slap and noticed a lot of others had a similar response.

I'd be surprised if not one well in the head skateboarder shed a tear for Dylan.

I told my girlfriend about Dylan, and even told my ex that he passed (I used to always ask her if she thought he was handsome and made her watch Dylan videos with me).
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
  • ants suck!
« Reply #291 on: November 03, 2016, 01:38:29 PM »
Cat Power and Conor from Bright Eyes Apparently played at Dylans Funeral

as if people werent sad enough, too fucking heavy to process.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #292 on: November 03, 2016, 02:21:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yea im in the same boat.  I caught the Dylan Epicly Later'd during a low point in my life 3-4 yrs ago, being older and out of touch with who he was it left a memorable impression. a Few months later randomly watching a Tyler Creator interview they asked who his favorite skater was, and he goes "Dylan Fucking Reider DOG"!  Followed by his SLS appearance, he shot up to one of my favorites fast. Last week when I heard the news I was immediately crushed and bought the shoes out of guilt for not appreciating/ supporting while he was alive.   

tyler rapped about dylan in a bunch of records he actually was a fan of dylan.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #293 on: November 03, 2016, 02:30:01 PM »
Damn, Conor Oberst playing at your funeral. Super curious what the setlist was, actually.

It goes without saying that his death was extremeley premature and tragic, but at least he did get to lead a truly incredible life.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #294 on: November 03, 2016, 03:57:09 PM »
What keeps hitting me is that he was a young man who just fell ill and died and there was nothing to be done about it. There was no misadventure, nothing where he zigged when he should have zagged, none of that that usually befalls young men like that. I've had friends die in drunken car crashes, one fell off a building, one shot himself, stuff like that. This was a 28 year old in the prime of his life, an amazing life, and his own body turned on him and despite all best efforts he died. It's so, so sad.

louie the taurus

• Rep: -119
« Reply #295 on: November 03, 2016, 06:13:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

?

whatever, it's about dylan, not his dad..

and wow, those funeral pictures   :'(
what's that location/venue?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #296 on: November 03, 2016, 06:26:05 PM »
Exactly, kook-ed you for being so petty :-\

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Randozzi

« Reply #297 on: November 03, 2016, 10:35:27 PM »
http://www.dylanriederfoundation.org/

His family has set up a foundation to help cancer research. Give if you can, fuck leukemia all cancer.

micky682

« Reply #298 on: November 04, 2016, 12:06:53 AM »
http://www.dylanriederfoundation.org/

His family has set up a foundation to help cancer research. Give if you can, fuck leukemia all cancer.
Fuck cancer.

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #299 on: November 04, 2016, 06:26:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i have never met him, but his dad's ig made me cringe a bit?  :(

[close]

?
[close]

and wow, those funeral pictures?  ? :'(
what's that location/venue?

Hollywood Forever